10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    "For their own race."
    They are not blood elves.

They are a Dalarani pro-Alliance militia, and that's the point!

"Their entire lore has simply to have them as opposition to the blood elves"
    And what's wrong with that? That's also the point.
    They’re one dimensional as fuck. That’s the problem. They hate Blood Elves because reasons, the end. The Alliance only wants them to be playable because they’re pretty, they don’t like the void elf skins and they don’t like the Horde having the model all to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They’re one dimensional as fuck. That’s the problem. They hate Blood Elves because reasons, the end. The Alliance only wants them to be playable because they’re pretty, they don’t like the void elf skins and they don’t like the Horde having the model all to themselves.
    As I just edited above: they are not playable, it's useless to put them against playable race standards. The point is that they are featured way more often than other races, even some playable ones. They'll will only be truly unique if they become playable someday (which I don't think will happen anymore). They had potential to become their own thing with time and development, doesn't mean they were already fully unique.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Did they even do anything in ZA other than standing near the enterance ?
    Nope, even Lol’jin did more. Even if that was literally just him ringing a gong.

10+ Year Old Account
    "For their own race."
    They are not blood elves.

They are a Dalarani pro-Alliance militia, and that's the point!
    Playable Stormwind Guards as a Human subrace next then?

They may not be Blood Elves, but Blood Elves are High Elves. So High Elves are playable. Just not these High Elves.

"Their entire lore has simply to have them as opposition to the blood elves"
    And what's wrong with that? That's also the point.
    That is not enough to stand on to differentiate them from a core Horde race.

Void Elves have JUST enough to make them different to get away with it. As long as their skin tones and hair colours remain voidish and you cannot mistake a Void Elf for a Blood Elf, they can pull this off.

And void themed void elves are a much more interesting counterpoint to light themed blood elves than the silver covenant. The High Elves are now completely redundant to the story.

Best case scenario for you is they are used to create a race of Half Elves for an Allied race in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Playable Stormwind Guards as a Human subrace next then?
    Obnoxious comparison, and you know it.
    If there were a human militia devoting its resources to serve the Horde and oppose the Alliance, yes, they'd be a potential playable race.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Obnoxious comparison, and you know it.
    If there were a human militia devoting its resources to serve the Horde and oppose the Alliance, yes, they'd be a potential playable race.
    No it's not.

The Silver Covenant are as impactful and have as much development as the Stormwind Guards.

Well I tell a lie, the Kirin Tor has Human guards too so the SC can't even do that much.

You want to prove the SC are capable of sustaining a player. For so, so many reasons, they are not.

Accept Void Elves are what you are going to get on the Alliance and be thankful for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I don't want them because of that, but because they keep fucking showing up when they could have another race take their place instead. Either stop having them show up, or make them playable.

If I see the High Elves showing up instead of a playable Alliance race, one more time, I am going to scream. Either make those fuckers playabel, -or have them stop showing up.-

Kai. You are being way too stubborn here, and refusing to give the tiniest bit of ground because High Elves get your panties in a twist. I'm not argueing for playable Helves, I am argueing that there's a legitimate reason people want them. -They keep showing up.-

It's a -fact- that in some patches, there were more High Elves onscreen doing stuff than multiple actually playable races put together.
    that is what made people want to play them. They saw the High Elves doing stuff alongside the Humans and Gnomes of the Kirin Tor, they saw them standing all over the place in WotlK, and they saw them in force for Zul'Aman.

People looked at that, and they went. "These guys show up more than the Gnomes, Draenei, and Worgen, why can't I just play one of them?"

Void Elves are the salt in the wound after having to endure with High Elves hogging the spotlight of playable races. They don't have any kind of connection to said Silver Covenant. Instead of having them all die at Teldrassil as Kai gleefully rubs himself to, have a fraction survive and swear themselves to Alleria to vow revenge upon the Horde.

Bam. Void elves introduced, and all that Silver Covenant crap will have finally had a use for a playable race.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-03 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    He is right though. The only time the Silver Convenant acted for their own race was on Zul'Aman, all the other times were as Dalarani pro-Alliance militia.
    And even then they played three wheel to Vol'jin and Blood Elves. And on the occasions where their stunt in Dalaran wasn't about supporting the main Dalaran force, they were counterpart to the smallest and shittiest group of Blood Elves. Speaking of which, Sunreavers appear just as often. Gimme Sunreavers as an allied race to Blood Elves. Who cares that they are the same race biologically speaking, there are some political differences that perfectly transplant to playable race choices. And them being stuffed with Kirin'tor cocks in all orifices offers larger visual variety than blue eyes of High Elves. Sunreavers for allied race 2019 /o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    snip

Bam. Void elves introduced, and all that Silver Covenant crap will have finally had a use for a playable race.
    What you describe is people reading too much into a situation and projecting their own fantasies on to it. The Arrakoa had far more time and development spent on them than the High Elves have had and are they playable no? No. Is there any expectation that they will be playable? No.

Taunka had far more development. Not playable.

Vrykul have vastly more development. Not playable.

Ogres? Not playable despite being the race I would argue deserves it the most and has tons more development.

Jinyu and Hozen? Not playable despite a lot more story focus than the Silver Covenant.

Each of those races had multiple NPCs and a cohesive storyline we experienced and the storyline was their own. They were not foils to anyone (well the Jinyu and the Hozen were but they were two halves of the one story), nor were they supporting another race or individual.

And crucially none of them are already playable as a race on the other faction.

Story time is a bunk reason for believing a race is going to be playable. If that was a valid argument we'd have seven or eight new races pending. You know what isn't a bunk argument? The Game Director clearly stating a desired group is already playable.

And yes, I do derive a great measure of satisfaction from the mental image of the Silver Covenant getting mown down by a desolate council ambush. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't.

Fingers crossed it does. I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to do this to eliminate the group and thus make clear to people who are holding out that the Void Elves are where you need to go to get your blue elf fix (blue elf works on so many levels with Void Elves doesn't it).

"projecting too much into it."

How is it projecting to say that they have shown up as part of the Alliance, for nearly every expansion since wotlk, while many playable races have not. Stop dodging around the point, becuase that's the main reason people have kept asking for them.

You're the one who's just refusing to accept any kind of argument that doesn't support your position. None of those races are remotely familiar to High Elves.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-03 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "projecting too much into it."

How is it projecting to say that they have shown up as part of the Alliance, for nearly every expansion since wotlk, while many playable races have not. Stop dodging around the point, becuase that's the main reason people have kept asking for them.

You're the one who's just refusing to accept any kind of argument that doesn't support your position. None of those races are remotely familiar to High Elves.
    Easy.

I see an unimportant story element, you see a major Alliance race. Despite all evidence showing they are NOT a major Alliance race. You are projecting your desire for them to be a major Alliance race, and therefore a candidate to be made playable, into the game there.

The main reason some people have kept asking for them is that they have never accepted they were made playable in 2007 due to the faction they were introduced on.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-03 at 04:22 PM.

Easy.

I see an unimportant story element, you see a major Alliance race. Despite all evidence showing they are NOT a major Alliance race. You are projecting your desire for them to be a major Alliance race, and therefore a candidate to be made playable, into the game there.

The main reason some people have kept asking for them is that they have never accepted they were made playable in 2007 due to the faction they were introduced on.
    Oh sod off with the armchair psychologist.

I give up. You have already made up your mind, and nothing I could ever say would get that to change.

I'd say that you're the one projecting -your- views about the Silver Covenant upon their story presence.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-03 at 04:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sod off with the armchair psychologist.

I give up. You have already made up your mind, and nothing I could ever say would get that to change.

You're the one projecting -your- views about the Silver Covenant upon their story presence.
    True but my mind was made up by actual evidence too. Would you like me to link you all the quotes from Blizzard over the years on this issue?

Or perhaps restate the common sense truth that Void Elves are Blizzard's way of saying to people looking for High Elves 'take this instead?'

True but my mind was made up by actual evidence too. Would you like me to link you all the quotes from Blizzard over the years on this issue?

Or perhaps restate the common sense truth that Void Elves are Blizzard's way of saying to people looking for High Elves 'take this instead?'
    What the hell do quotes from Blizzard have to do with the Silver Covenant having a bigger and more consistent story presence than many playable Alliance races? That's just a fact. That's the only argument I have been trying to make. -nothing- about making them playable.

You're the one who got so triggered by that, you kneejerked so hard your foot is now pointing at the ceiling.

What I have argued from the start is.

"I dislike How Void Elves being unconmected to the Silver Covenant makes all that lore they got over the years empty and meaningless."
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-03 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell do quotes from Blizzard have to do with the Silver Covenant having a bigger and more consistent story presence than many playable Alliance races? That's just a fact. That's the only argument I have been trying to make. -nothing- about making them playable.

You're the one who got so triggered by that, you kneejerked so hard your foot is now pointing at the ceiling.

What I have argued from the start is.

"I dislike How Void Elves being unconmected to the Silver Covenant makes all that lore they got over the years empty and meaningless."
    Their lore was never worth much beyond what you and other invested in it. A call back to a time when High Elves were properly in the Alliance, and not the Horde.

You blew up a small group of bit players into a major Alliance grouping, ignoring the context of when they were used. Always with Dalaran or always with the Blood Elves. Never by themselves, never within their own story. You invested meaning and worth into something Blizzard clearly thought was just another tool in their storybox.

That the Void Elves disregard the High Elves entirely is a positive. Makes them freer to be their own thing.

Their lore was never worth much beyond what you and other invested in it. A call back to a time when High Elves were properly in the Alliance, and not the Horde.

You blew up a small group of bit players into a major Alliance grouping, ignoring the context of when they were used. Always with Dalaran or always with the Blood Elves. Never by themselves, never within their own story. You invested meaning and worth into something Blizzard clearly thought was just another tool in their storybox.

That the Void Elves disregard the High Elves entirely is a positive. Makes them freer to be their own thing.
    I'll try one more time to get this through to you.

In Mop. The High Elves had more characters, fighting npcs, and more consistent showings than the Gnomes, Worgen, and Draenei combined. All time that -should- have been used to develop Alliance races. That is a -fact-. No matter how much High Elves give you a massive throbbing hate-boner.

That lore -should- be connected to the Void Elves so that time wouldn't have been wasted. This would help to address all that wasted development time.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-03 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try one more time to get this through to you.

In Mop. The High Elves had more characters, fighting npcs, and more consistent showings than the Gnomes, Worgen, and Draenei combined. All time that -should- have been used to develop Alliance races. That is a -fact-. No matter how much High Elves give you a massive throbbing hate-boner.

That lore -should- be connected to the Void Elves so that time wouldn't have been wasted. This would help to address all that wasted development time.
    Blizzard clearly sees the High Elves as completely irrelevant.

Who are we to disagree?

Blizzard clearly sees the High Elves as completely irrelevant.

Who are we to disagree?
    Wai- wha- HUH!?

Do you just want the Void Elves to be as completely trash as possible, just so you can gloat about it? Because that's the only way I can make sense of what you're saying.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-03 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wai- wha- HUH!?

Do you just want the Void Elves to be as completely trash as possible, just so you can gloat about it? Because that's the only way I can make sense of what you're saying.
    I just don't want the Alliance to have playable High Elves roleplayers can then pretend are the authentic High Elves and say Blood Elves are the deviants, a purer and nobler elf, facilitating this denial that the Blood Elves aren't the real High Elves when they obviously are.

I want the diversity and uniqueness of my faction respected, and if that means a lock on a traditional fantasy elf, then that should be that.

I also don't want the Void Elves to have any chance of being mistaken for a High Elf with the same result.

If we must have Void Elves, they must be as true to their theme as they can be and as far from a High Elf as possible.

So ultimately, I don't really care how Blizzard goes about implementing Void Elves now they are to be a thing as long as they don't encroach on the identity or theme of one of the core races of my faction.

And so far everything suggests Blizzard agrees.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-03 at 06:12 PM.

I just don't want the Alliance to have playable High Elves roleplayers can then pretend are the authentic High Elves and say Blood Elves are the deviants, a purer and nobler elf, facilitating this denial that the Blood Elves aren't the real High Elves when they obviously are.
    As if any of that matters. If high elves were to be playable they would've been already and if they're planned, they will be.

I don't understand why people on your side of things have to discuss and argue about this with all the people on the other. It is not like the way either side feels or thinks matters in the end. Void elves are the perfect example how you can expect the unexpectable.