Poll: Who?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    We don't know if prophet Velen's vision is going to happen. His whole arc in legion was about forging his own path instead of depending on "the hand of fate". Xe'ra's prophecy about Illidan also didn't come to fruition, and Xe'ra was a prime naaru. What has been alluded to in both the game and other media like the audiobooks, is that both light and shadow have the power of foresight, but while the light sees only one path, the shadow sees all paths. Velen's visions come from his closeness to the Light, it isn't surprising that it was a vision of mortals fighting to defend it. The Light is granting him that vision in its own self interest. As we've seen from Xe'ra, and I think we will continue to see, the light and shadow are not a binary of good and evil. Being with the light doesn't necessarily make you good, nor being with the shadow necessarily makes you evil. I definitely think there's more to it than just ending up in the army of the light as the good guys against the shadow. But that's just my opinion.
    Considering that the new big bad guys represent The Void(shadow), much will have to change

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    There's a loa that is a death god. But hey, it's not like this hypotetical non existant Shadow Hunter was able to talk to him right?
    Bwonsamdi isn't a "death god", he is the loa of death who is responsible for Troll souls in the afterlife. Vol'jin himself uses Shaman abilities like chain heal, I've yet to see him wield any measure of death magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Considering that the new big bad guys represent The Void(shadow), much will have to change

The whole point of legion was to show us that "the light isn't always right, the void isn't always evil"(basically moral relativism). It was explored in 7.3 and the audio drama. Sylvanas and Anduin, aside from being strong character foils, are good physical representations of this dichotomy so they offer more narrative possibilities. That's the point Hugnomo is trying to make.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't know if prophet Velen's vision is going to happen. His whole arc in legion was about forging his own path instead of depending on "the hand of fate".
    This is another angle I think Blizz might explore. We saw a lot of "choosing your own path" on Argus(Illidan, Velen, Alleria etc) so I think they're gonna parallel Sylvanas and Anduin with their predecessors (Garrosh and Varian) but both will deviate from them at a key moment, it ties in nicely to 7.3

10+ Year Old Account
    I like having Sylvannas as the leader. She's very volatile. I like not knowing her intentions. Is she going to be an anti-hero? Is she going to betray the Horde? Is she going to be a warmonger? Is she going to actually be good and try to get a truce? Sacrifice herself for the Horde? Try to destroy the Horde? Die a martyr? Betray? Be betrayed?

She could do ANY of those things.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Bwonsamdi isn't a "death god", he is the loa of death who is responsible for Troll souls in the afterlife. Vol'jin himself uses Shaman abilities like chain heal, I've yet to see him wield any measure of death magic.
    Bwonsamdi is able to take more than troll souls. He took Mogu during Pandaria and was able to take Tyrathan's soul but he returned it because Vol'jin asked him for it.
    While it is true Vol'jin hasn't been seen casting death magic, he does use shadow magic, namely Veil of Shadows and Shadow Shock.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Anyone mentioned Gamon already?

We don't know if prophet Velen's vision is going to happen. His whole arc in legion was about forging his own path instead of depending on "the hand of fate". Xe'ra's prophecy about Illidan also didn't come to fruition, and Xe'ra was a prime naaru. What has been alluded to in both the game and other media like the audiobooks, is that both light and shadow have the power of foresight, but while the light sees only one path, the shadow sees all paths. Velen's visions come from his closeness to the Light, it isn't surprising that it was a vision of mortals fighting to defend it. The Light is granting him that vision in its own self interest. As we've seen from Xe'ra, and I think we will continue to see, the light and shadow are not a binary of good and evil. Being with the light doesn't necessarily make you good, nor being with the shadow necessarily makes you evil. I definitely think there's more to it than just ending up in the army of the light as the good guys against the shadow. But that's just my opinion.
    We kind of do know it's going to happen, at least in some form. Anduin's comic that was released in the build up to legion pretty much ends with the begining of the prophecy. Old Anduin taking his place leading the army of the light with Velen by his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    What do you mean by that ? Horde is hilarious joke for quite some time. With orcs going on innocent-killing rampages once a year, warchiefs having worse odds of survival than red army privates, all non-elves gettting shafted we can safely assume people play horde for that exact reason.
    I imagine new player, feeling all pumped about the BfA cinematic, yeah! BLOOD! SWEAT! RAMPAGE! YEAH!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point of legion was to show us that "the light isn't always right, the void isn't always evil"(basically moral relativism). It was explored in 7.3 and the audio drama. Sylvanas and Anduin, aside from being strong character foils, are good physical representations of this dichotomy so they offer more narrative possibilities. That's the point Hugnomo is trying to make.

- - - Updated - - -

This is another angle I think Blizz might explore. We saw a lot of "choosing your own path" on Argus(Illidan, Velen, Alleria etc) so I think they're gonna parallel Sylvanas and Anduin with their predecessors (Garrosh and Varian) but both will deviate from them at a key moment, it ties in nicely to 7.3
    Just once, once i want to see story where there is none of this "choosing your own path" bullshit and instead show proper tragedy. Like having vision of defeat and then try in all force to change it to only enforce that vision and make it happen even harder.
    Basically a fantasy greek tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I imagine new player, feeling all pumped about the BfA cinematic, yeah! BLOOD! SWEAT! RAMPAGE! YEAH!

I think slutty blood elves should be mandatory. Like, put it straight in the Terms of Use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Baine or Thrall. MAYBE Lor'themar. The Horde needs an unambiguously good Warchief to get it out of the "We're going to act Stupid Evil but claim we're the victims ;(" nonsense we've had since Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Bwonsamdi isn't a "death god", he is the loa of death who is responsible for Troll souls in the afterlife.
    He's actually a caretaker of any living soul he manages to claim. I don't remember how it works exactly but I know it applies to more than just Trolls.

Vol'jin himself uses Shaman abilities like chain heal, I've yet to see him wield any measure of death magic.
    Well, I'm not sure if we can call it exactly death magic but in Shadows of the Horde he's shown sucking the soul out of a Gurubashi warrior, in a manner resembling the iconic Warlock spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I think slutty blood elves should be mandatory. Like, put it straight in the Terms of Use.
    I could live with that. Trolling nerds with slutty belfs is an honorable form of entertainment.

- - - Updated - - -

OT

I hate even the mere idea of thinking at someone else. Not because I love Sylvanas, I'm not a fan and would like someone else to sit on that cursed seat but holy fuck, I'm really fed up with this Warchief roulette. If it has to happen for whatever reason (because of Sylvanas dying or simply stepping down) at this point I want it to happen in a moment when both a worthy and unexpected candidate shows up or is simply developed enough to earn the spot. But for now, there's no reason to even think about that, not before seeing the unfolding of Sylvanas' fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Thrall obviously, who better to fight manduin the mary sue than green jebus
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

As the pool rightly shows...

Saurfang. The orc is a legend among legends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    She's no warchief, she's a usurper. The only reason Vol'jin appointed her was to piss her off.
    I admit is not that common to see someone contradicting himself/herself so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Okay, from what English I could understand from your post..

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:In_F...f_Spirituality

"Aye, mon. Our kind have joined the Horde because they be good for us. They loyal, and they teach us much 'bout tings like honor. But our old ways die hard. The orcs may not approve of all our traditions, but that not mean we can't continue to practice some them in secret.

You know this, an' that's why I send you to Tai'jin in Razor Hill. She teach you more 'bout our history. She teach you the ways of our tribe. Go to her when you be ready."

So I have no idea where you got, the "In Orgimmar" part.

No the Horde was always homogenization, The Blood oath it self was about forsaking your own personal identity to serve and die for the Warchief.
    To be fair, Trolls are an exceptional case: problem with them is how incredibly close Darkspear trolls are to Orcs, more than any other Horde race. And Trolls are known to hold a few particularly "grim" traditions and habits, things that had to be, if not outright forbidden, surely practiced way far from the public's eye.

Forsaken beats even Trolls when it comes to "grim" practicies but they're not mixed with Orc society, for the most part they "live" in their own undead kingdom on the other side of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Sylvanas Windrunner step down to let Sylvanas Windrunner become Warchief, that's what makes more sense (why do you even add her again in the list?)
    I can see Sylvanas nominating herself before stepping down and being the only one laughing at her own joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I admit is not that common to see someone contradicting himself/herself so quickly.

To be fair, Trolls are an exceptional case: problem with them is how incredibly close Darkspear trolls are to Orcs, more than any other Horde race. And Trolls are known to hold a few particularly "grim" traditions and habits, things that had to be, if not outright forbidden, surely practiced way far from the public's eye.

Forsaken beats even Trolls when it comes to "grim" practicies but they're not mixed with Orc society, for the most part they "live" in their own undead kingdom on the other side of the planet.

I can see Sylvanas nominating herself before stepping down and being the only one laughing at her own joke.
    I have to admit, usurper really was the wrong word. I mean that she's exploiting her new position for her own personal gain, not for the Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Ether Thrall or Saurfang should be Warchief. The Horde really lost its original roots.

Oh yes! Could we please have more chopping and changing. Nothing makes a group seem stable like changing the leader at every given opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

Obviously this is not the case now, but back in Classic and even BC I always felt the Forsaken were never part of the Horde and more like Allies of the Horde.

And Honestly it makes much more sense, the idea we had the Horde a combination of Orcs Tauren, and Trolls that were allied with the Forsaken since we know damn well Slyvanas would never give up her sovereignty.

It's... one of the many criticism I have with classic, and a lesser extent BC. Story on why things were the way they were felt like an afterthought a lot of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Obviously this is not the case now, but back in Classic and even BC I always felt the Forsaken were never part of the Horde and more like Allies of the Horde.

And Honestly it makes much more sense, the idea we had the Horde a combination of Orcs Tauren, and Trolls that were allied with the Forsaken since we know damn well Slyvanas would never give up her sovereignty.

It's... one of the many criticism I have with classic, and a lesser extent BC. Story on why things were the way they were felt like an afterthought a lot of the time.
    Forsaken started with Neutral reputation with other races of the Horde for a reason
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I so would want Nazgrim as warchief, He is quite good at leading as seen in cata and mop, But he might be a bit to much of a Tool.. Not sure if undeath has changed that about him tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    I so would want Nazgrim as warchief, He is quite good at leading as seen in cata and mop, But he might be a bit to much of a Tool.. Not sure if undeath has changed that about him tho.
    He seems fond of strangling people now