Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    I won't hold my breath. It's only a matter of time before all "legendaries" are gem only.
    Blizzard said that only launch skins for Heroes will be gem only purchases. Putting all new skins as gem only purchases would defeat the entire point of the 2.0 update.

Because shards aren't a thing?
    Not if you're argument is all the new skins will be gems only, then no, shards don't fucking matter now, do they? Nobody is gonna buy boxes for shards if the shards don't get them new skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Not if you're argument is all the new skins will be gems only, then no, shards don't fucking matter now, do they? Nobody is gonna buy boxes for shards if the shards don't get them new skins.
    people are not buying enough boxes right now already - if they were then gem only skins would not be a thing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Putting all new skins as gem only purchases would defeat the entire point of the 2.0 update.
    introducing gem only skins in the first place kinda does this already
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-01-03 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Blizzard said that only launch skins for Heroes will be gem only purchases. Putting all new skins as gem only purchases would defeat the entire point of the 2.0 update.
    They also said all skins will be available in lootboxes when 2.0 first hit. I don't remember a caveat saying launch skins will eventually be swapped to gem only. I'm not interested in what Blizz says, they're not beholden to a contract with the players. I'm interested in what they do, and right now they're backtracking because their greed bit them in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Shards will matter to the extent that there is stuff in loot boxes people want. It doesn't have to be just skins.

Your point was that people currently need to constantly buy lootboxes to get the legendary they want, which isn't really true unless they want every tint of every skin. I agree that Blizz did think that lootboxes were going to net more money, and that putting awesome skins inside would make people gamble, but that obviously wasn't the case.

They've already shown they're okay with devaluing loot boxes and flip-flopping on business models. What makes you think they won't take it a step further if gem only bundles aren't making as much of a difference as they thought it would? I had no interest in Alex or Hanzo, let alone their trash bundles. Eventually they'll see that targeting heroes people already play makes sense as well, and then we're back to a bastardized model of pre-2.0, making 2.0 pointless unless you really love recolors and sprays.

Fuck, I'd be okay with bundles being exclusive for a month or so, or even having a few tints be exclusive, and a few in boxes. It's just scummy what they are doing.
    Last edited by Amerrol; 2018-01-03 at 04:40 PM.

Shards will matter to the extent that there is stuff in loot boxes people want. It doesn't have to be just skins.
    Skins and heroes(for players who don't already have all the heroes they want) are pretty much all the vast majority of players care about in loot boxes. And the occasional announcer pack and mount, I guess. Do you think people are going to keep buying lootboxes for sprays and voicelines? I can tell you they certainly are not.

That Fel Reaver skin, though!

I love the mecha skins (particularly Tyrael's)! Shame we didn't get the Muradin skin from the Blizzard DOTA, though. Maraudin' is cool, but I would have liked to see it added.

Also, I wonder when we're getting the pirate skins. We already got sprays of them, so what gives?
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-01-04 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chen boys are mad because Blaze do same like Chen, but he do it better. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I definitely don't share the sentiment when it comes to mecha skins. I mean, they look good I guess..? It is just not my type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    That Fel Reaver skin, though!

I love the mecha skins (particularly Tyrael's)! Shame we didn't get the Muradin skin from the Blizzard DOTA, though. Maraudin' is cool, but I would have liked to see it added.

Also, I wonder when we're getting the pirate skins. We already got sprays of them, so what gives?
    i had this theory because they datamined those sprays in like...july and Talk like a Pirate day was sept 14th and its common in an event to have like 1 legendarys kin and 2 or so rare ones and a mount . they didnt have a special event that gave a mount in awhile... like it all fit

they'd do sharkmane legendary skin, add the pirate stuff, have another pirate brawl. maybe a week or two long event...

but didnt happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Meh, I definitely don't share the sentiment when it comes to mecha skins. I mean, they look good I guess..? It is just not my type of thing.
    for me its not just that its i love reimagining the characters in widely different settings. Spectre Tracer, Wolfenstein. Transformer Tassadar, christmas elf Valla, Sindorei Hanzo.

it shows that not only ARE these characters pretty unique in which their basic themes can be reimagined but kept true in a widely different setting (see nazeebo gingerbread) but some make a LOT of sense... Like Rexxar's marine skin is very Warhammer 40k and Hanzo would be a cool blood elf character who summoned magic phoenixes
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

with all these mecha skins, and the cool super hero skins for some other heroes, i REALLY want blizz to make a comic series about the eternal empire thing mentioned in several skin bios.

it'd be the coolest thing imo.

thats also why i saw rexxar is obviously a pacific rim, not evangelion thing, or at least MOSTLY (many skins are mixed references. Like Li Ming, King Leoric's Sailor moon vs Darth Vadar thing). because he's a gladiator and that makes more sense in a pacific rim setting especially considering they were probably trying to get it out to be ready for Uprising.

Like in the nexus they might all be from the same universe probably but its cool that there is another universe where the transforming robots Tyrael and Tassadar combine with gladiator bot Rexxar and defense unit Dehaka to fight great Kaiju like Diablo
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    thats also why i saw rexxar is obviously a pacific rim, not evangelion thing, or at least MOSTLY (many skins are mixed references. Like Li Ming, King Leoric's Sailor moon vs Darth Vadar thing). because he's a gladiator and that makes more sense in a pacific rim setting especially considering they were probably trying to get it out to be ready for Uprising.

Like in the nexus they might all be from the same universe probably but its cool that there is another universe where the transforming robots Tyrael and Tassadar combine with gladiator bot Rexxar and defense unit Dehaka to fight great Kaiju like Diablo
    You mean Rehgar, not Rexxar?

OT, holy gundam Tyrael!

Blaze is basically Chen but good.

That's hilarious.

I wonder which meta universe these skins are a part of, whether they're part of the kaiju set with Mecha Tassadar or if it will be its own thing. I love seeing more of these themes, but now I kinda wish they could do a BG using one of the meta universes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I wonder which meta universe these skins are a part of, whether they're part of the kaiju set with Mecha Tassadar or if it will be its own thing. I love seeing more of these themes, but now I kinda wish they could do a BG using one of the meta universes.
    We still need Uther the cookbringer skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post

That's hilarious.
    This. This is what I thought when I saw the video for the first time lol. I still remember when Chen was OP...in 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Aile Strike Gundam Tyrael is fucking sweet. I barely play the game, but i want that skin just because....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    You mean Rehgar, not Rexxar?

OT, holy gundam Tyrael!
    yes. orc/orc/wolf/bear/re/re

they can imagine any character as a robot but i'm sure some would be better. Hmmm, might be a good skin idea for "we dont get anything Lost Vikings". 3 transformers and if you pick their viking boat they turn into one of those big Combiners or whatever.

also next month with the lunar festival we probably getting 1 or 2 neat additions. though i'm not a fan

Robuts>red costumes.

unless of course that is giving 'normal' clothing to people decked out in armor cus i always love that

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post

That's hilarious.
    Yeah he makes Chen look like a schmuck. Can tank while moving/doing damage, has 2 forms of cc, aoe attacks, ults that can actually help the team escape.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.