Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    You are literally arguing semantics at this point. Yes, there is content coming. There was content coming in 6.1 too, probably more than in 7.3.5. So? Doesn't mean it wasn't a shit patch. Leveling Revamp and Ulduar are just lazy cop outs, not saying they aren't content but they are the laziest content they could put into the game because it's literally just applying their pre-existing scaling technology on it and working out the biggest kinks.

Meanwhile, where's the actual Legion Epilogue? Where's the actual Legion content. Timewalking isn't Legion content, it's WoW content. Leveling Revamp isn't Legion content, it's WoW content. The BG isn't even Legion content because it's BfA content.
    You literally just refused them as content when you quoted someone else because it didn't match your own opinion of what content should be.

You don't get to decide what content is just because you dislike it. And what you consider bad someone else may consider good.

Let me put this quite simply.

7.3.5 has four pieces of content right now intended to go live. Fact. Simple as that. You cannot debate that at all.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-03 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You literally just refused them as content when you quoted someone else because it didn't match your own opinion of what content should be.

You don't get to decide what content is just because you dislike it. And what you consider bad someone else may consider good.

Let me put this quite simply.

7.3.5 has four pieces of content right now intended to go live. Fact. Simple as that.
    Like, you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.

My point was always the following: The patch is not coming any time soon because Silithus is clearly unfinished.

"Legion Epilogue" was still advertised, and so far we have "Kill the Alliance Rogues" "Kill the Silithid and loot them" "Kill the dude" "Talk to Magni" "Talk to Khadgar".

Wow wee.
    Yes. It was advertised. But it clearly isn't the focus of the patch. That would be the world scaling.

So what are you even trying to argue here?

7.3.5 has four pieces of content right now intended to go live. Fact. Simple as that. You cannot debate that at all.
    All small.

My point was always the following: The patch is not coming any time soon because Silithus is clearly unfinished.
    If you say so.

The patch will come when it's ready. Simple as that.

With four pieces of content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    All small.
    Almost as if these kinds of patches are intended to be small content ones with the current design direction.

Or did we forget about 7.1.5 and 7.2.5?

It's got a fair amount of content for what is considered a small patch.

Except that is only your opinion. Silithus isn't as fleshed out as you'd like it to be. That doesn't mean they actually had more planned.

It probably is, considering Khadgar left and Magni tells you to sod off because he has to think.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except that is only your opinion. Silithus isn't as fleshed out as you'd like it to be. That doesn't mean they actually had more planned.
    As long as giving up our artifacts is done well then I'm not too fussed if Silithus is a breadcrumb towards it for now.

Which it looks like. It just seems to be a small series dealing with the aftermath of what happened in Antorus.

Almost as if these kinds of patches are intended to be small content ones with the current design direction.

I am just saying that you used the word "four" because you think it means something as a measure. Ie, "three" would be less than that. You are arguing whether to count the timewalking version of Ulduar as a separate piece, too.

So, for perspective, I am saying that all those pieces are pretty small. It does not make much sense to count how many of these tiny pieces of content they have. It is best to just say that 7.3.5 will have some small amount of content. Save the arguing whether the number of pieces is three or four or twenty four, it does not matter.

I am just saying that you used the word "four" because you think it means something as a measure. Ie, "three" would be less than that. You are arguing whether to count the timewalking version of Ulduar as a separate piece, too.

So, for perspective, I am saying that all those pieces are pretty small. It does not make much sense to count how many of these tiny pieces of content they have. It is best to just say that 7.3.5 will have some small amount of content. Save the arguing whether the number of pieces is three or four or twenty four, it does not matter.
    And I wasn't even debating whether they were small or not.

So what is your point?

These kinds of patches are supposed to be small with a bit of meat.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_7.1.5

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_7.2.5

If you say so.

The patch will come when it's ready. Simple as that.

With four pieces of content.

- - - Updated - - -

7.2.5 had the Chromie Scenario, a new Darkmoon Faire attraction, a new Pet Battle DUngeon, a huge amount of class changes and legendary changes, a big revamp to the Keystone System. And that's not even listing the less frequent stuff like new Microholidays or Timewalking.

Meanwhile 7.3.5 has a BG that we don't even know anything about (They said that 7.3.5 will have a "Preview" of it, and it will be "teased" in 7.3.5, which makes it sound like it will merely be a Brawl for a week, it's also not part of the "What's New" tab.), a Timewalking Event which is only available every few months, and a Leveling Revamp which feels completely out of place without Allied Races and 5 new Story Quests, which are not finished.

7.2.5 had the Chromie Scenario, a new Darkmoon Faire attraction, a new Pet Battle DUngeon, a huge amount of class changes and legendary changes, a big revamp to the Keystone System. And that's not even listing the less frequent stuff like new Microholidays or Timewalking.

Meanwhile 7.3.5 has a BG that we don't even know anything about (They said that 7.3.5 will have a "Preview" of it, and it will be "teased" in 7.3.5, which makes it sound like it will merely be a Brawl for a week, it's also not part of the "What's New" tab.), a Timewalking Event which is only available every few months, and a Leveling Revamp which feels completely out of place without Allied Races and 5 new Story Quests, which are not finished.
    And?

7.2.5 was still a small patch like this one.

Yes it's the most meaty of the 3 small ones. Your point? I'm not even denying 7.2.5 has the most meat of the small ones.

7.3.5 has zone revamp/world scaling, a new Timewalking Dungeon, A new BG and new Quests.

It's fine for a small patch. Even without Allied Races.

Also considering people were saying leveling was mind numbing and had no spice to it the whole point of this revamp is to appeal to them and actually make leveling worthwhile again.

Zone scaling is brilliant. I can go do Duskwood at 50 if I want or Netherstorm at 75. It creates freedom.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-03 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Question for those who have tried the PTR:

Are the new extra character slots already there or will they not be added until they allow preorders, or worse, 8.0?

Or to dataminers, is this something that can be known from the available strings?

I'm thinking of leveling a new character for 7.3.5, but I don't have room in my realm.
    the slots aren't available. they'll likely be an expansion thing, or preorder if the allied races are preorder like people think.

People acting like 7.3.5 will get shipped with this content.

Yeah, all those 3 quests in Silithus. Amazing!
    I actually agree - Ulduar is only up a few times a year, and it's an old raid we've all seen and done. I don't find timewalking fun at all, especially since they're all just zerg fests.

Leveling revamp isn't actually new content, it's still the same old quests we've done before. Leveling in WoW is a pointless endeavor now, and though this is a nice change, it's not new content at all.

The BG is pretty much it, plus a quest "chain" we'll complete in 10 minutes.

And I wasn't even debating whether they were small or not.

So what is your point?
    It does not make much sense to count how many of these tiny pieces of content they have. It is best to just say that 7.3.5 will have some small amount of content. Save the arguing whether the number of pieces is three or four or twenty four, it does not matter.

This was in the text you quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The BG is pretty much it, plus a quest "chain" we'll complete in 10 minutes.
    A BG would have been cool, but it's not a BG, it's a preview of a BG whatever that means (and if it was even half-done, they wouldn't have called it "preview").

It does not make much sense to count how many of these tiny pieces of content they have. It is best to just say that 7.3.5 will have some small amount of content. Save the arguing whether the number of pieces is three or four or twenty four, it does not matter.

This was in the text you quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

A BG would have been cool, but it's not a BG, it's a preview of a BG whatever that means (and if it was even half-done, they wouldn't have called it "preview").
    And we have no idea what "preview" entails yet. So let's wait and see on that.

Because the Theramores Fall event back in MoP (still the worst pre event) was the full Scenario scaled for 85s. That to me is a preview of Scenarios.

And again 7.3.5 is a small patch. I not once denied it. Enough already. I just stated how much content it had because it's unfair to say "content isn't content because I don't agree it is/dislike it".

Those four things are content. Yes they are small.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-03 at 02:30 PM.

And we have no idea what "preview" entails yet. So let's wait and see on that.

Because the Theramores Fall preview back in MoP (still the worst pre event) was the full Scenario scaled for 85s.
    Sure, let's wait, but you don't call a thing a "preview" unless you want to say "yes, it is pretty bare-bones and clearly lacking, but we said so from the beginning".

Sure, let's wait, but you don't call a thing a "preview" unless you want to say "yes, it is pretty bare-bones and clearly lacking, but we said so from the beginning".
    Probably could be a stripped down version of the BG. We don't know yet. I remember the UBRS revamp preview just showed off the first 3 bosses and it wasn't that bad.

Ironically despite the WoD pre event being short it was better than MoPs aka 1 entire Scenario.

Tech wise 7.3.5 is basically an expansion pre-patch. New fog system (but not used on current maps, probably first used in BfA), major database file format revision (generally pre-patch only), new skeleton tech mined in 7.3 now being used for all races, new race models that we don't know the use of yet, memory optimizations (some interface stuff still WIP apparently) and probably more I can't think of right now.

Hence why I'm somewhat TRIGGERED when people refer to 7.3.5 as a tiny patch as it's probably the patch with the most changes since 7.0.

I get why the content immediately released with it seems pretty minor, though. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Tech wise 7.3.5 is basically an expansion pre-patch. New fog system (but not used on current maps, probably first used in BfA), major database file format revision (generally pre-patch only), new skeleton tech mined in 7.3 now being used for all races, memory optimizations (some interface stuff still WIP apparently) and probably more I can't think of right now.

Hence why I'm somewhat TRIGGERED when people refer to 7.3.5 as a tiny patch as it's probably the patch with the most changes since 7.0.

I get why the content immediately released with it seems pretty minor, though. Just sayin'.
    I'd say it's part of the systems patch for BFA. Saves them having to do more work on the full systems patch aka 8.0.

I'm just looking forward to world scaling at last. I love that I can go to zones at completely different levels. Because I like Outland so I can do 60-70 Dungeons and do 70-80 in Outland.

Plus being able to go to MoP zones earlier than usual is a bonus. I like those zones.