Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Feminists and progressives protecting their own pedophiles and sexual harassers is nothing new, we have certain people on this forum alone that have and still defends a pedophile.
    All in the delusion that they are fighting some massive nazi movement because they want decent journalism and authoritarianism out of the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And there are murderers out. Guess they can't have jobs, either.
    Hired as a hitman!

As part of terms of release for sex crimes, most offenders have to register as a sex offender and often are barred from being near children in any official capacity like schools, day care, etc. Even as a janitor or similar position that lacks a supervisory or care-giving element. If you did hire someone with that kind of background, some states require you to disclose that information. If there was an active attempt to hide this information, and I'm not saying there is evidence of that at all at this point, it could be illegal. Even if it wasn't, it certainly gives the impression that they are doing something inappropriate.

Reading on reddit and other places it seems like these judges are not actual employees of WoTC but just volunteers. I would think this is the main reason why they are not doing background checks as WoTC was recently sued by some judges for lost wages/employment status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    This isn't really analogous to Gamergate. Actually kind of the opposite if I recall properly: WOTC bans somebody for toxicity and said toxic person weaponizes his autism to dig up dirt on WOTC.
    So, are you saying that any dirt he does find, no matter his motivation should be ignored if its factual, accurate, and provable? Many people seem to be in the situation now that they choose to ignore a story purely based on where it comes from no matter the evidence involved. It seems a rather shitty way to run a news organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    So, are you saying that any dirt he does find, no matter his motivation should be ignored if its factual, accurate, and provable? Many people seem to be in the situation now that they choose to ignore a story purely based on where it comes from no matter the evidence involved. It seems a rather shitty way to run a news organization.
    Boy, did you back the wrong horse on me. If WOTC is found to be protecting pedophiles, they should face punitive damages and be sent to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballgtz View Post
    Reading on reddit and other places it seems like these judges are not actual employees of WoTC but just volunteers. I would think this is the main reason why they are not doing background checks as WoTC was recently sued by some judges for lost wages/employment status.
    How does a Volunteer sue for lost wages or have an employment status?

10+ Year Old Account
    I make it a habit not to watch videos that say "please share!" And are accompanied by claims that all the dislikes and flags are shadowy forces suppressing the truth. Don't like my YouTube feed being mucked up by nonsense like that.

As for the actual topic, if someone committed a felony sexaul assault and they have limitations on their access to children, and someone finds proof that they are violating that, don't go to WOTC. Go to the authorities, specifically the sex offenders registry. This feels more like digging hard for dirt and then blowing it out of proportion to jab WOTC in the eye more than anything actually dangerous to children.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Boy, did you back the wrong horse on me. If WOTC is found to be protecting pedophiles, they should face punitive damages and be sent to jail.
    Just asking for clarification of your statement. You know how it is here.

How does a Volunteer sue for lost wages or have an employment status?
    Read this

http://blog.legalsolutions.thomsonre...-be-employees/

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Based on the sexist nonsense as the last one, if Gamergate 2 was about finding the cure for Ebola, I'd say no.
    That's just the spin the people with the loudest voices put on it. It has nothing to do with sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I make it a habit not to watch videos that say "please share!" And are accompanied by claims that all the dislikes and flags are shadowy forces suppressing the truth. Don't like my YouTube feed being mucked up by nonsense like that.

As for the actual topic, if someone committed a felony sexaul assault and they have limitations on their access to children, and someone finds proof that they are violating that, don't go to WOTC. Go to the authorities, specifically the sex offenders registry. This feels more like digging hard for dirt and then blowing it out of proportion to jab WOTC in the eye more than anything actually dangerous to children.
    You are making it sound like raising public awareness of this kind of thing is a bad idea. Also, we seem to have a difference of opinion of what is 'actually dangerous to children'. How else would you describe allowing convicted pedophiles take charge of an area that many parents consider a 'safe space' to drop there kids off at for a few hours. I've been inside a gaming store while one of these events is going on, its 90% kids with barely any parental supervisioin.

The judge program is entirely on a volunteer basis. I'm sure soup kitchen staff don't get their background checked.

EDIT

Oh, Jesus, I just watched the first ten seconds of the video.

MTG Headquarters is literally a sexist pig who bullies people online. He's been straight up banned by WotC, in all official areas, for being a giant tosser. This is him throwing a tantrum.
    Last edited by Chipperbane; 2018-01-03 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonballgtz View Post
    That article sounds obviously biased. It's obviously written from the viewpoint of the 'judges' point of view. You don't 'Volunteer' for a job. 'expecting some form of compensation' for being a judge is a bullshit excuse for claiming you are suddenly employed. Having someone labeled as a judge just means they have officially passed the test needed to demonstrate their knowledge of the game to the point that they can rule on issues. It does not mean they officially represent the company. So lets say they win this case. if any of them are on unemployment, do they suddenly owe that back to the state since they were 'employed'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    What about murderers around People? What about thieves around money or things of worth?
    Murderers are not very likely to get a job doing much tbh since felons are the bottom tier of society when it comes to chances in life. People with a history of stealing generally don't get jobs with handling money. It is pretty simple, background checks avoid getting people into positions that have a high chance of causing problems.

Idk if the claims in the OP are true, but putting convicted pedophiles around children is the dumbest fucking thing I can imagine.

. It is Illegal for them to not consider background for these positions, hence the sudden attempts at a coverup and suppression.
    It is not illegal. lmao . Get a grip.

That article sounds obviously biased. It's obviously written from the viewpoint of the 'judges' point of view. You don't 'Volunteer' for a job. 'expecting some form of compensation' for being a judge is a bullshit excuse for claiming you are suddenly employed. Having someone labeled as a judge just means they have officially passed the test needed to demonstrate their knowledge of the game to the point that they can rule on issues. It does not mean they officially represent the company. So lets say they win this case. if any of them are on unemployment, do they suddenly owe that back to the state since they were 'employed'?
    The hell if I know. All I was getting at was another possible reason why WoTC doesn't do background checks. The unfortunate part is there are some sick people out there that will use a game like this to get closer to children, even with a record.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love all the pedo defending going on in here

"So murderers can't get jobs now?"
    Do you people even listen to yourselves sometimes?
    People who bring nothing but edgy contrarian horseshit to the conversation just for the sake of being an edgy contrarian. Don’t even bother acknowledging they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love all the pedo defending going on in here

"So murderers can't get jobs now?"
    Do you people even listen to yourselves sometimes?
    "Its okay to let a pedo around kids, this is freedom or some shit" but the moment that is their kids they would flip shit. I know none of them would agree to it on the forum, since this isn't real life, but irl, no one is going to let their kids be around a pedo, no one that cares for their kids at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But the company didn't hire them. They just certified they know the rules of their game and when a local store decides to host a tournament, the judge shows up and store owner notifies they have a certified judge so the event can be considered sanctioned. Are we going to go after the store owner as well?
    That was not in response to the specific situation, but more of a response to people on the first page trying to make it seem like its okay for a pedo to be around kids.

I posted regarding the situation a few posts back. Ill repeat that here, idk if the claims are true in the OP but if they are, something needs to change cause that shit is not something that should be tolerated what so ever.