Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book.

"Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian."
    Lmfao seriously? 2nd post and you still cant get it right.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I wonder what game Bannon is playing. Fuck over Republicans? I mean, I can agree with that part, but what does he want to replace them with?
    He might just want to see the world burn at this point. Joking aside, his statements are spot on. Trump has always been stupid, and this bombshell goes right to the heart of the matter. Trump and his cronies were absolutely idiotic to do what they did, and even more so to do it the way they did. Bannon is awful in many ways, but he is NOT stupid, and his comments are spot on, what we all thought was going to happen, and cannot be rebutted by the alt-reich anymore.

I said a long time ago that Trump will likely be impeached for a number of reasons, but he'll see jail time for money laundering.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He might just want to see the world burn at this point. Joking aside, his statements are spot on. Trump has always been stupid, and this bombshell goes right to the heart of the matter. Trump and his cronies were absolutely idiotic to do what they did, and even more so to do it the way they did. Bannon is awful in many ways, but he is NOT stupid, and his comments are spot on, what we all thought was going to happen, and cannot be rebutted by the alt-reich anymore.

I said a long time ago that Trump will likely be impeached for a number of reasons, but he'll see jail time for money laundering.
    I think he wants what he always wanted. A weakened america he can use as a vehicle for white supremacy. He now thinks trump is too compromised to accomplish that goal so he's turned on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I wonder what game Bannon is playing. Fuck over Republicans? I mean, I can agree with that part, but what does he want to replace them with?
    Bannon wants to fuck over all the establishment, which includes establishment Republicans. He wants to replace them mostly with himself or people that wants what he wants. Those people are quite rare though, because you won't find them in your average Trumpkin. Trumpkins are just the cannon fodder, the pawns that he's playing to get more power. Bannon doesn't believe 99% of what Breitbart puts out, just like Nigel Farage doesn't believe the shit he retweets for one second. It's all just to get the votes of the stupid. To actually replace the establishment with anything resembling an effective government though, you need a lot more people that are actually smart and share the same ideology. The problem is most smart people don't want to overthrow society as we know it. That's why movements like Bannon's usually end up like a huge clusterfuck incapable of finding anyone qualified to take the positions of power. Its the same in European politics, you get these far right or sometimes far left movements with a populist leader that gain traction and gobble up around 15-25% of the electorate, only to implode when they're called to take any sort of responsibility.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I think he wants what he always wanted. A weakened america he can use as a vehicle for white supremacy. He now thinks trump is too compromised to accomplish that goal so he's turned on him.
    Interesting - and a solid point. Bannon is still Bannon, after all. And he's a racist fuck through and through. Just smart as well. Scary stuff. Let's use him now and toss him aside later.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    SO must we trust Bannon now @Skroe?
    Nah, it's OK to let the Smog Monster Hedorah trade a few blows with King Ghidorah, weakening them both to the point where Godzilla simply steps in and roasts both of them alive. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    As to the relation between Bannon and Trump, I believe Bannon is one who has the ideological goals and uses Trump to see them realized. Trump mostly co opted the alt right out of convenience rather than ideological reasons. He has no real political convictions.
    This looks to be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    "Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look."

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This looks to be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

"Steve is learning that winning isn't as easy as I make it look."

lol
    It is the case...sort of. Trump's co-opting isn't so much about convenience as it his about feeding his ego. Everything goes back to his ego.

Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Nah, it's OK to let the Smog Monster Hedorah trade a few blows with King Ghidorah, weakening them both to the point where Godzilla simply steps in and roasts both of them alive. ;P
    I now have "go go go godzilla" stuck in my head imagining that. Thanks!

OT: I am curious what the game plan here is on bannon's part. He's still all in on the ideology of trumpism, though I suspect trump is just a means to an end for him.

Sage advice - do not trust Bannon.
    Last edited by lazypeon100; 2018-01-03 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Hmmm. Bannon is about to release a book, nah couldn't be..
    that doesn't disprove anything tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You won't get away with it drruummppfff
    This is an adorable act of desperation as you realize you can't do mental gymnastics to discredit this.

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency." Trump on his former Chief Strategest Steve Bannon.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-white-house

Ok Trumpies, get spinning. Lets here the best you got.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I now have "go go go godzilla" stuck in my head imagining. Thanks!

OT: I am curious what the game plan here is on bannon's part. He's still all in on the ideology of trumpism, though I suspect trump is just a means to an end for him.

Sage advice - do not trust Bannon.
    You're welcome! ^_^

On Topic: Same here... I think the idea here is he wants Dumbass Dump out of the office, and get Petulant Pence into place. Honestly, Pence is just one goose-step away from being a Neo-Nazi himself if you look at his stances.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-01-03 at 07:34 PM.

For as contemptuous as much of the hard right is of those dastardly libtard cucks, I do wonder how they feel about their coalition turning on itself and having a good chance of simply handing the next election cycle to the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You're welcome! ^_^

On Topic: Same here... I think the idea here is he wants Dumbass Dump out of the office, and get Petulant Pence into place. Honestly, Pence is just one goose-step away from being a Neo-Nazi himself if you look at his stances.
    Possibly. He could also be trying to position himself to get more power in the future possibly. No one had heard of bannon until Trump. If he keeps the ideology alive and Trump eventually goes down, he could easily be seen as a key figure to the alt right with no one else to look to.

That would give him and his word, a considerable amount of power.

Purely speculation of course. But I do not take what he says at face value even if it might be correct. It could be as little as him just throwing dung back at trump or he's positioning for something else entirely.

Also, since you brought him up, I'm also curious what Pence is up to. He's far more quiet and out of the spotlight compared toTrump, but he definitely has a crazy world view as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    "Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency." Trump on his former Chief Strategest Steve Bannon.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-white-house

Ok Trumpies, get spinning. Lets here the best you got.
    Bannon was just the booze boy. They'd send him to the 7/11 down the street to get a pack of piss water Bud Light, but half of it would be gone by the time he'd get back to the Whitehouse.

That's why he had to go.

Bannon was just the booze boy. They'd send him to the 7/11 down the street to get a pack of piss water Bud Light, but half of it would be gone by the time he'd get back to the Whitehouse.

That's why he had to go.
    Well that checks out. I'd get rid of him too if he was getting me bud light.

This Trump v. Bannon tantrum is the kind of circular firing squad I can get behind!

Wonder how much further Trump will sink once the Breitbart trolls now turn on him...
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    Yeah, the good ‘ol “he was just a coffee boy” excuse. Didn’t see THAT coming

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    This Trump v. Bannon tantrum is the kind of circular firing squad I can get behind!

Wonder how much further Trump will sink once the Breitbart trolls now turn on him...
    My favorite part is going to be when the Trumpeteers start saying about how they were always "open" to the idea of Russia being an actual issue, and that they were just "being fair" about it.

2018 is going to be fun.