Thread: Riftworld codex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    I know you get the other stuff from archimondes but just going off procs i get more healing and damage from riftworld than archimondes...
    The damage you get from Archimonde's is mostly from the 5k agility not the on use effect lmao... That's just mostly an on demand defensive bonus with minor offensive value. The defensive value in Archimonde's comes from it being a controlled effect.

Same reason Aggramars becomes BIS for single target damage once it starts to get really high ilvl. Not the vers proc.

I'm just going to have to do some testing myself or simply it just for rawness

Im wondering how this would pair with pyradez for damage reduction. hmmmm because pyradez is supposibly amazing for self healing.
    At this point I'm using Prydaz, Riftworld, and the Crucible ring with 2x Refractive Shell traits (no luck on a third yet). It's an enormous amount of absorption pretty much on the regular. It's worked out well. Theoretically the Vers proc on Aggramar's would benefit all of this, but the static Vers on Eye of Shatug would probably turn out to be better.

There's the rare occasion nowadays where I'll take a spike if there's an extreme drought at a bad time, but it's seemed to work exceptionally well for significantly softening the damage from everything. It does feel a bit ridiculous to have so much be passive mitigation, but it works.

The numbers I got from the Aggramar group-pantheon proc during Heroic was kinda silly. I think it came out to 12m effective healing for the night and 1.6 billion overheal. Never enough damage in heroic for it to get a good chunk, even when it lines up. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in Mythic. It's always going to overheal for a hilarious amount, but if it consistently heals for 4-5 million+ the times it does proc at the right time, that would be decent. It really does still make me wonder what was going on during that design process though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The damage you get from Archimonde's is mostly from the 5k agility not the on use effect lmao... That's just mostly an on demand defensive bonus with minor offensive value. The defensive value in Archimonde's comes from it being a controlled effect.
    I kinda disagree.
    The absorb accounts for around 4% of my overall damage in a typical Antorus Heroic run.
    That's more than Cinidaria does for me and it's scaling with gear on top of that.

This is a very interesting thread.

A couple thoughts I wanted to add.

First on the pantheon trinket. The reason Aggramars is rated so high is because you have to wear it for the raid. We don't use it for us, but to increase the dps/healing of the raid. It sucks, but we have to do it.

Second, on Archimondes vs Codex. As I stated in the other thread HERE Codex is unreliable, where as Archimondes is usable when you want it and has a short cooldown. It also provides burst damage and a large amount of Agility, which provides more damage/healing. It can be buffed by Meta for an even bigger absorb as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsueah View Post
    I kinda disagree.
    The absorb accounts for around 4% of my overall damage in a typical Antorus Heroic run.
    That's more than Cinidaria does for me and it's scaling with gear on top of that.
    Yes, it adds damage some damage... If you think 4% of your damage is even comparable to the amount of damage 5.2k agility gives you... well... Not even taking into account the vers/mastery. Unless you can find another trinket to replace it that has agility main stat at 975 ilvl it remains BIS for ST dps and the on use damage is only a small portion of that. KJ beats it for cleave but that's about it. The biggest reason Cinidaria is used for ST dps is not because it's damage gain is amazing, but simply because it's one of the few legos that gives us any dps gain at all outside of being stat sticks. Saying something does more damage then cin proc isn't saying much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr1n1ty View Post
    Very strong in M+ since the dmg/healing is good, rather shit in raids unless padding for dmg and even then ST there are better trinkets, scales rather weak with ilvl
    The HoT AND Shield portion of it BOTH do more overall healing and shielding than my AHR on H and M raid bosses. I think that the random nature of it makes it not really that great for bosses where you only tank for 50% of the time (especially for Vari since the healing portion isn't healing you for half the time). But on bosses where you are consistently taking damage like Hounds and Aggrammar, I think it's PPM makes it very good. Since you're consistently taking damage, the hot and shield on it is pretty good.

I assume this trinket is one of the best for BrMs since it offsets stagger ticks perfectly and gives crit which are great for them (more crit = more celestial fortune = more survivability).

My logs have both healing and shielding above my AHR. Only thing is the HoT is like around 40% overheals though, so not really as good as the shields which shields around 2.8m HP per proc, which is retarded good when you take into account it procs every 10s or so less (so assuming 1/3 chance to proc shield, it procs every 30s or so on average).

Edit: WITH THAT SAID, there is no one end all BIS trinket in game. Certain fights require certain trinkets. For instance, I think the Coven trinket is better overall for mitigation. It's 12s of 7-8k more armor every 1 min. Argus trinket is also good because of the raid buff. Aggramar's trinket is good for surviving HUGE BURST damage since it shields you for like 22M damage, etc. And of course AHR is pretty much THE best overall trinket in the game, but it takes up a legendary slot and you have to see if it's worth it for that particular fight or not.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-01-05 at 09:58 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    But on bosses where you are consistently taking damage like Hounds and Aggrammar, I think it's PPM makes it very good.
    It's not like you're constantly taking dangerous damage on those fights, you're only getting hit hard by Aggramar at high stacks or when soaking a foebreaker. You're only taking high damage on dogs for the 2nd half of their energy bar at high stacks before they reset.

Just because you might be constantly taking damage, doesn't mean it's damage that means anything. Low stack dog damage, and hateful strike on Aggramar are pretty much self sustain territory with massive overhealing happening.

From what I am seeing it is great for healing. Damage side is meh. Accounted for about 30% of a dks healing on fights

From what I am seeing it is great for healing. Damage side is meh. Accounted for about 30% of a dks healing on fights
    What DK would ever equip this trinket? Maybe if it had haste. Blood is almost never reaching their max hps potential due to OHing anyways, it's probably just sniping other heals.

He wanted to play around with it mostly he has plenty of haste that's why he wanted to play around

15+ Year Old Account
    The trinket is godlike ( I doubt there is any trinket that is better in the game right now ) in mythic+. Not so good in raiding when bosses hit for 10 million.

My 930 codex has about 60-70% uptime on one of the buffs. The buffs are 2m shield, 500k hps HoT for 10 seconds and damage proc that also usually heals 500k hps.

Overall the trinket is about 300-400k hps - you aren't getting that kind of number out of any other trinket in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.