Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We still don't know BfA's release season

Back at the Blizzcon prior to Legion's release, a Summer (NA) 2016 release season was announced:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNC...youtu.be&t=226

We are now 2 months past the Blizzcon prior to BfA's release and we still do not have a release season for the expansion. In fact we don't really have much info about this expansion at all. This is a little disconcerting as it suggests that a lot is still up in the air about this expansion. I am concerned that if something as simple as a release season isn't announced very soon, that there is a possibility of this expansion being released as late as Winter (NA) 2018 which could make Legion's final patch the longest in the history of WoW.

The expansion is still a ways off, but beta should be up and running long before then.

Blizzard is MIA for the holidays. You're not going to receive any update at least until they're back to work, which should be soon.

Deleted
    I just posted something similar in a topic in raid discussion, but the truth is that we’re simply unable to make an educated guess this time around. Legion’s way of handling patch content has been so dissimilar to previous expansions that it’s entirely possible the expansion could be coming out a lot sooner than people are expecting it to - or it could take a lot longer, as they might’ve had more people work on live content to ensure Legion’s success after the WoD debacle.

There is one thing the ‘sooner rather that later’ camp has going for it and that is the uncoupling of patches and raid releases - if they knew there was going to be a massive content draught after Antorus they could’ve easily held the raid back another few weeks/months(?). They chose not to, which tells me that they’re either completely clueless on right on track. I guess only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post
    I just posted something similar in a topic in raid discussion, but the truth is that we’re simply unable to make an educated guess this time around. Legion’s way of handling patch content has been so dissimilar to previous expansions that it’s entirely possible the expansion could be coming out a lot sooner than people are expecting it to - or it could take a lot longer, as they might’ve had more people work on live content to ensure Legion’s success after the WoD debacle.

There is one thing the ‘sooner rather that later’ camp has going for it and that is the uncoupling of patches and raid releases - if they knew there was going to be a massive content draught after Antorus they could’ve easily held the raid back another few weeks/months(?). They chose not to, which tells me that they’re either completely clueless on right on track. I guess only time will tell.
    sure we can. They said their goal is to release it in 2018, meaning theres no way it will be out before q3 of 2018, and with the fact that beta still hasnt even started, i'd say it will release sometime around november, and this is being optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    and with the fact that beta still hasnt even started
    Legion beta test officially started only in May 2016 (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20122587). Now if you mean the alpha, I expect that to be starting this month or february the latest, and while its still two months "after" legions schedule then, the year is still young. In any case a release before H2 was always unrealistic, but something like September/October is still quite in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Legion beta test officially started only in May 2016 (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20122587). Now if you mean the alpha, I expect that to be starting this month or february the latest, and while its still two months "after" legions schedule then, the year is still young. In any case a release before H2 was always unrealistic, but something like September/October is still quite in the cards.
    legion was different. legion's alpha was more of a beta than an alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Legion was announced in August not November, too.

Deleted
    I like to imagine Blizz will surprise with an early release. August perhaps

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    We knew Legion season because of preorder (same with Overwatch). We still don't have BfA preorder.

And fun fact: since BfA will likely launch on Fall (my guess September/October), we will see something like this: "Expected game release on or before December 20th". So expect another shitshow on this forum from cluless people (and 99% another Heelsvsbabyface video) that Blizz aim expac for Christmas.

7+ Year Old Account
    What if there is no expansion, and the "BfA reveal" at BlizzCon is just an elaborate troll to make all the whiners STFU until they make an official "WoW is ending" announcement?

I'd lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    What if there is no expansion, and the "BfA reveal" at BlizzCon is just an elaborate troll to make all the whiners STFU until they make an official "WoW is ending" announcement?

I'd lol.
    Yeah I'm sure they dropped their millions on the CGI trailer for the lulz.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they dropped their millions on the CGI trailer for the lulz.
    Well...

Deleted
    Most likely release date November/December 2018.

Legion's BlizzCon wasn't the announcement for Legion, it was months after the initial announcement, and happened around the time of the launch of the alpha.

We're not there yet, we shouldn't expect a launch window before anything hits the alpha/beta.

I really don't think blizzard will not hold out release date in nov or dec, I can see being release in August, since they really push this awesome xpac.

first point Emerald Nightmare release on sept 20 then 4 month later.

Next Nighthold release January 25 last for only 5 months.

Then Tomb of Sargeras release June 20 then we waiting for 5 more months,

Now Antorus, the Burning Throne came November 28 close to dec,

I don't really think blizzard going make us wait a whole year whenever Battle for Azroth has release date,

Quote Originally Posted by Keithsabin View Post
    I really don't think blizzard will not hold out release date in nov or dec, I can see being release in August, since they really push this awesome xpac.

first point Emerald Nightmare release on sept 20 then 4 month later.

Next Nighthold release January 25 last for only 5 months.

Then Tomb of Sargeras release June 20 then we waiting for 5 more months,

Now Antorus, the Burning Throne came November 28 close to dec,

I don't really think blizzard going make us wait a whole year whenever Battle for Azroth has release date,
    Ahh good memories. I remember when I was but a child saying oh did you see Blizzcon it looks so polished they are definitely going to be quicker this time. Give it another expansion, you will grow and mature. I think a optimistic view would be September, a realist one would say November.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    legion was different. legion's alpha was more of a beta than an alpha.
    Legion was different because, the life of WOD was their internal Alpha testing timeline. They quit developing WOD as soon as you hit 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Ahh good memories. I remember when I was but a child saying oh did you see Blizzcon it looks so polished they are definitely going to be quicker this time. Give it another expansion, you will grow and mature. I think a optimistic view would be September, a realist one would say November.
    I think you have lost your old ways . I can see release date in September but they will loss a lot of people if they made them wait till November

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Legion was different because, the life of WOD was their internal Alpha testing timeline. They quit developing WOD as soon as you hit 100.
    I even think its Q1 2019 ^^.

Deleted
    Blizzard milking is what they do best imo. but what goes up must come down.