Thread: Thunderfury!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    If your MT does end up with one then your Warlocks and Fury Warriors will thank you - especially if you do go Horde.

"Nightfall duty" - sad times. We stiffed our off-tanks with this and it was boring as fuck for the poor sods.

Your guild distributed 5+ in vanilla? That's some impressive luck.
    Other guilds had some more, had 3 poached off us and we poached two others. I'd say our luck was fairly average. Our guild was a full transfer from a hardcore Everquet guild so we had a bit of a leg up in terms of progression than most people new to MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Otherwise it normally went to a rogue. Huge DPS increase for them and they were pretty much the only melee dps you'd have.
    Fury Warriors are top DPS until AQ40.
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

Quote Originally Posted by Staysafe View Post
    Fury Warriors are top DPS until AQ40.
    I suggest you look up the pre 1.12 talent trees. What occurs on private servers nowadays with the Edgemaster, ironfoe and lionheart helm Fury warrior did not occur back in the day. Partly because few could see how OP those items were, and partly because early warrior talents were pretty bad.

Did you know Bloodthirst was only usable after dealing a killing blow, and that it did 100% extra damage on next hit? There is a reason why so many warriors went two handed back in the day. Arms spamming Slam on a swing timer and Mortal strike was the way to go for the longest time.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

My guild had loads of mats for TF and the hammer. But no eye or bindings ever dropped for us the entire time we raided in Vanilla. I finally got my eye in TBC and bindings in cata or Mop I think.

So best advice is to farm the mats early on and deal with it should the bindings ever drop. If your MT is online and is reliable then its worth going that persons way. I do hope that blizzard does the guild bank system we currently have. That would make things much easier to check whats in the bank and whos taking things in and out etc.

You want your tanks to have it. I mean not only the tanks want it but the DPS wants tanks to have it as well.

Thunderfury gives tanks a lot more AOE tanking potential. It reduces attack speeds on key targets the tank grabs first. Not to mention gives pretty good single target threat. This helps DPS do a lot more damage. It lets you open up the AOE cannon a little more easily.

But of course their will be rogue GMs out there that care more about their damage bar than the bar of the other 20ish DPS in the group and take it. This doesn't mean these guilds cannot progress. But it does mean the ease of their progress will be lessened than it could have been. But most people need to remember that it doesn't rain these things. Odds are a guild that farms MC the whole of an expansion length will get maybe 1-3. Insanely lucky might see 4-5?