Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Right but you see it doesn’t have to because we are all different and me and you are total opposites. In this country whether it’s the Lone Ranger and Tonto his stupid Indian side kick or Charlie Chan or Ant Jemima. Maybe it something you don’t care about because it really doesn’t effect you.

It effects me so it’s not ok and I’m not going to sit and smile to make you comfortable it shouldn’t even be asked much less expected.

In our exchanges there has never been a situation where I pretended I have control over the conditions of how you view things. But maybes there are things I’d find funny and you’d feel differently about.

I don’t get to decide what’s racist to you. All I can do is de ide if I’ll be receptive to that or not. Not well I don’t agree with out knowing your reasoning at least.

Has nothing to do with losing sleep or being perfect Or virtue signaling it’s called being socially aware. The fact you aren’t aware makes it impossible for agree on anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It either has meaning and always has or it never did and now doesn’t.

Not you problem so not your concern
    I think the fundamental disconnect we're having, is that what you call racism I would just call racial insensitivity, or being an asshole to put it in different words.

I guess you could say that I think of racism as a true, deep level of evil. One of the three great evils of humanity along with murder and rape. And the reason I consider those to be evil is because they deny the transcendental value of human life. To that end, it's not something I toss around lightly in a serious or formal context. So from my point of view, saying that a video is racist is kind of like saying that it's murderous, or that it's rapey. It could be true of some videos but is probably not true of some random World of Warcraft video.

I see your point as to how it could be taken as mockery, and I don't think you should be forced to sit and laugh at something that you find demeaning; though I do think there can be value in learning to laugh at yourself, and more importantly laugh when confronted with the worst parts of reality, to laugh in the face of death so to speak.

So I don't completely disagree with you, I just find that for me and my long term happiness, I always want to try and rise above things that I find insulting or demeaning, though I don't always live up to that.

Edit: It would probably be fair to throw torture in there with rape, murder and racism as far as great evils go.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2018-01-04 at 06:27 AM.

Leeroy isn't even the only one in the guild who seems to make jokes mocking black people. It isn't the first time it won't be the last time it's no different than black face.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because we all know that black face and that kind of behavior by a group of gamers faking a youtube video, is soo unthinkable.
    you just like making posts that make you sound stupid. you get off on that shit. why?

- - - Updated - - -

It was staged he didn’t get chicken the name of his character is Leeroy he yells Jenkins most of the guild was comprised of the same humor.

It was a racist video and that was the intention of making it funny.
    more of your dribble?

Oh my god, it's faked? So everything I've seen on the internet isn't true??

Think we need to petition blizzard to remove the achievement as it was faked...

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Indian clay oven baked tandoori chicken... <3
    Second place after chicken 65 for me :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Its pretty obvious he was AFK. They spent an good chunk of time planning out how to deal with a very simple encounter and then one of their group shout on vent "lets do this" while they are still discussing things then runs in ruining their plan. You can change the last line to literally any food and it wouldn't change the overall joke "bad player wipes the group". The only way to see racism in the video is if you are looking to be offended.
    Like I said, you can assume he was AFK based on his reappearance.

Where do you get that he was AFK getting food, and it was specifically chicken? You're just working backwards from the punchline, and that's not how jokes work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well duh... you could always tell it was fake haha
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Yeah, I really hate how random "-isms" and "-ists" have been thrown around so much, that they've lost all meaning. I was referring to "indirectly racist" as it was popularly defined from the 1950s to the early 2000s. It was essentially a phrase that meant unintentional racial discrimination, similar to the modern phrase "micro-aggression". I tried to preempt that by saying that I don't get behind the "everything is racist" movement. It's silly.

People tend to want to be outraged at everything. It's really not a big deal in my opinion. It is nice, especially in kids movies, to have a mixed cast so children of all backgrounds can identify and relate to the story, but for adult movies (like Dunkirk) you're not really trying to get the audience to identify with anyone. It's not racist if the best acting cast is monochrome, or if the character calls for it. The only time I really take an issue with it in films, is when a character (or in this case all the extras) were of a specific race, and they just replace them with a white person, assuming race was relevant to the storyline or message. In the cast of historical movies, I do think they should try to represent the actual events, but again, it's not a huge deal unless race was critical to the event.
    More honest question time. Does a white cast mean only white people can identify with or like it? The same question for every race, sexuality, gender and religion combination possible. I ask because i don't recall paying attention to that when I was younger, though people say it matters to children. Entertainment seemed to take center stage and not skin color. So, it feels like that's adults projecting that onto the next generation.

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with any combination of people starring in, writing, directing or doing any of the several important roles that make a movie happen. The issue comes in studios masturbating about diversity like that alone makes a good movie and idiots complaining about color and gender. (This applies to both people requiring a diversity quota and people that say changing to an all X cast ruins a movie. Lazily remaking a movie and thinking changing the gender or color makes it unique ruins a movie. I'm looking at you, Annie remake.)

And yes. If it's an adaptation or retelling of actual events and ethnicity, gender or otherwise matters to the character or plot, it should be maintained. But if it's so meaningless that it can be changed, it's not suddenly good because you made someone a man or woman. Otherwise, I should be applauding movies for having a black lead instead of it being a good movie. And that feels....weird.

And personal note I'm paraphrasing from someone else. If it's a microagression, we should only microcare. And legitimate complaints about historical accuracy are fine. It's everything else swirling around it that makes things a mess.

I honestly think if more reviews were about it not being fully correct instead of using garbage calls of racism, I'd think this wouldn't have bothered me.

"Alright then we're gonna have the paladins go in and divine intervention the mages"

Is this thread a troll? Everyone who isn't a literal dumbass knew it was fake from the very first day the video came out, so this thread must be a troll.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I'm amazed anyone ever thought it was anything but fake.
    I agree. Don't get me wrong I thought it was hilarious when it came out, but the whole thing was obviously staged and planned. To be honest this "relevation" is akin to someone saying "did you know the Blair Witch movie is an actual movie with actors and not real?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Still waiting on proof that all Canadians support the refugee intake. I mean it's been over a month now.
    I'm Canadian and I don't support the refugee intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=leroy

Urban dictionary has it pretty high, and well, you can read the definition.

http://www.ohbabynames.com/meaning/name/leroy/2327

Has it african american/french.

It also got used in comedy a lot in the 50s and 60s from what googleing is coming up with to refer to a black person, predominately by black people though.
    blacks have a way of appropriating culture and getting away with it... i dont blame them though, they werent allowed to bring their culture and they have no clue how it was. so many words black people use these days and think its cool which are really old white words.

Next you're going to tell me that Santa Claus isn't real.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think the fundamental disconnect we're having, is that what you call racism I would just call racial insensitivity, or being an asshole to put it in different words.

I guess you could say that I think of racism as a true, deep level of evil. One of the three great evils of humanity along with murder and rape. And the reason I consider those to be evil is because they deny the transcendental value of human life. To that end, it's not something I toss around lightly in a serious or formal context. So from my point of view, saying that a video is racist is kind of like saying that it's murderous, or that it's rapey. It could be true of some videos but is probably not true of some random World of Warcraft video.

I see your point as to how it could be taken as mockery, and I don't think you should be forced to sit and laugh at something that you find demeaning; though I do think there can be value in learning to laugh at yourself, and more importantly laugh when confronted with the worst parts of reality, to laugh in the face of death so to speak.

So I don't completely disagree with you, I just find that for me and my long term happiness, I always want to try and rise above things that I find insulting or demeaning, though I don't always live up to that.

Edit: It would probably be fair to throw torture in there with rape, murder and racism as far as great evils go.
    Greater evils again not really the point. It’s racism it’s systematic. I’ve already described the exact people and how they react it either is your problem or it isn’t. Racism is ok with me especially when it’s directed at me. Yes being a racist POS is one of the worst things a person can be that’s why should many who are try to down play it.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Next you're going to tell me that Santa Claus isn't real.
    Not only may he not be real, but Malladeus will shortly tell you that he is racist anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    you just like making posts that make you sound stupid. you get off on that shit. why?

- - - Updated - - -

more of your dribble?
    More OxyMoronic and more why don’t I have this obvious on purpose n ignore. Fixed
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Right but you see it doesn’t have to because we are all different and me and you are total opposites. In this country whether it’s the Lone Ranger and Tonto his stupid Indian side kick or Charlie Chan or Ant Jemima. Maybe it something you don’t care about because it really doesn’t effect you.

It effects me so it’s not ok and I’m not going to sit and smile to make you comfortable it shouldn’t even be asked much less expected.
    it effects you? lol

how so? do you lie at night and think hard about aunt jemina? how about uncle ben? how deep are your mental problems? should we be concerned? should we contact the local police where u live?

lets just hope you dont have a gun

- - - Updated - - -

Greater evils again not really the point. It’s racism it’s systematic. I’ve already described the exact people and how they react it either is your problem or it isn’t. Racism is ok with me especially when it’s directed at me. Yes being a racist POS is one of the worst things a person can be that’s why should many who are try to down play it.
    always odd when white people act like this. dont speak for others.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2018-01-04 at 07:15 AM.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Leeroy_Jenkins_(video)

Not a scandal, it was an obvious fake. If it was real people would have just sat at the door and watched him die and not chase him running over the eggs (purposly) themselves.

Running UBRS was a pain but you quickly get used to people running in and getting themselves killed at that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/leer...ft-staged-fake

Did you know this. It always seemed fake to me to be honest.
    This vid was on main page of MMo-champ like 2-3 weeks ago...

And yeah it really is scandalish! How dare they upload staged video?! Everything else on yt is always true and never lie!

But seriously... is anyone even surprised about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post

But seriously... is anyone even surprised about it?
    The video was specifically made to be fake. If you didn't know this from the start, you were terrible at the game or just didn't know anything about how WoW worked. You can tell from their "strat" alone.

Only someone who had never played the game would think what they were saying made any sense at all.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    It was obviously staged from day one.

Was there anyone on the planet that thought it wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It was obviously staged from day one.

Was there anyone on the planet that thought it wasn't?
    OP obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!