Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which Artifact weapon is the strongest lorewise?

Hey everyone, the main reason I am asking this question because I barely play any alts I just mainly play retri paladin but yeah I do think the Ashbringer is one of the strongest artifact weapons lorewise so yeah the question is for those who played all of the classes or most of them who got all of the artifacts weapons. So which one do you think is the strongest?

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know the lore behind many, but I liked this video that talked about the most* powerful ones.

(*may have a bit of his opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind these artifact weapons being depowered, like all the artifact power we acquired channeled from the weapons and used to destroy the sword, reducing the weapons back to their original state we found them in.

I don't want to see so many cool weapons with further more lore potential destroyed. Just depowered and given to the order halls.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I haven't read the tome for each weapon yet, something I still need to get around to. But from the ones I have read, the Scepter of Sargeras sounds like it stands way ahead in power.

Scepter of Sargeras, Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire or Aluneth

15+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head, probably the Scepter of Sargeras. It tears rifts in reality and has been used to destroy an entire world.

I think it might also be the one most deeply ingrained in the series' lore, going back to Warcraft II.

Scepter of Sargeras with no doubts. and to be honest, for me, Ashbringer is pretty low on list.
    Last edited by Ajko; 2018-01-04 at 09:27 AM.

It's gotta be Scepter of Sargeras. I'm interested in the relative strength of Xal'atath though... that thing might become important later.

Ulthalesh. One of the few things Sargeras is afraid of. When Sataiel used it to drain Deadwind Pass of all life even the sky turned dark and the sun became covered in a shroud. And, even more importantly, it actually affected Azeroth's World Soul. It also created the power nexus on top of which Karazhan was built. And it eventually consumes its wielder (and consequently grows even stronger). Which up till now included several demigods.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-01-04 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Scepter of Sargeras, Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire or Aluneth
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Off the top of my head, probably the Scepter of Sargeras. It tears rifts in reality and has been used to destroy an entire world.

I think it might also be the one most deeply ingrained in the series' lore, going back to Warcraft II.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajko View Post
    Scepter of Sargeras with no doubts. and to be honest, for me, Ashbringer is pretty low on list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    It's gotta be Scepter of Sargeras. I'm interested in the relative strength of Xal'atath though... that thing might become important later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Ulthalesh. One of the few things Sargeras is afraid of. When Sataiel used it to drain Deadwind Pass of all life even the sky turned dark and the sun became covered in a shroud. And, even more importantly, it actually affected Azeroth's World Soul.
    locks too op
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    What about Scythe of Elune? And Doomhammer?

Don't forget about Underlight Angler!

Also if you like the lore behind weapons, you can check out the texts from Artifact Knowledge Tomes (yes, there was something like this at yearly-mid Legion)

Scepter of Sargeras, because it can poke holes into reality and was essential in a ritual that ripped an entire planet apart.

Next to that, Fist of Ra-den, the weapon was created by Aman'Thul himself, Ra-den used it to give the Mogu life, Lei Shen was unable to wield it despite holding fragments of Aman'Thuls soul, along with the Highkeepers Ward you basically control the elements on Azeroth.

The Fist of Ra-den is underrated in my opinion.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have read all the artifact lore ingame and far and away the most powerful is the Scepter of Sargeras. It literally states that its use is possibly endangering the Universe.

On a smaller scale, the Deadwind Harvester (Afflock weap) was feared by Sargeras himself as Ulthalesh, the Demon trapped within the scythe grows stronger and stronger every time it drinks a soul. And seeing as how it was Sargeras who imprisoned him in the first place, there is a definite beef between them.

Maw of the Damned (Blood DK weap) has been used to exterminate entire planetary populations.

While my personal fav is Knaifu (Xal'atath, the Shadow Priest dagger) Much of her lore is up in the air and left to player speculation. If she really is the nascent Old god shes hinted to be, she could be a very big deal indeed. Even if shes not an actual old god, she does have a long and storied history of stirring conflict wherever she goes.

Kinda puts weapons like the Ashbringer into rather pathetic perspective.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-01-04 at 03:11 PM.

If some fundamental concepts from real world apply to WarCraft then most healing/creative-based artifacts are pretty damn powerful because healing and creating are actually far harder than destroying.

Apparently Veng DH blades scared the crap out of Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scepter of Sargeras and Apocalypse
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    scepter of sargeras is a no brainer.

apart from those polished oh-so-powerful ones though, talonclaw (survival hunter artifact) is the most powerful one between the 3 specs and it may be high in the most powerful artifacts list.

i am sure most of you remember, at some point at the highmountain quests, you play as huln and tear apart an entire legion of demons with relative ease. that speaks for something huh?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Titanstrike, because it gives you a lightning wolf
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    scepter of sargeras is a no brainer.

apart from those polished oh-so-powerful ones though, talonclaw (survival hunter artifact) is the most powerful one between the 3 specs and it may be high in the most powerful artifacts list.

i am sure most of you remember, at some point at the highmountain quests, you play as huln and tear apart an entire legion of demons with relative ease. that speaks for something huh?
    ... but when you use it on some random dude in Goldshire you barely hurt him , this also speaks for something.

By far most powerfull is Scythe of Elune , you can literally drop a moon on someone's head