View Poll Results: Another 9-10 months of Antorus?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • Will be fine. It's a great raid.

46 24.34%
  • Not sure. Depends on hotfixes and nerfs.

34 17.99%
  • Won't be fine. Likely that the game will bleed subs.

81 42.86%
  • Will be a disaster. Need another short raid to keep our interest.

28 14.81%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Gonna be the same as with icc, soo and hfc: lots of people quit, some will come back with new expansion, some won't; rest plays the game more casually or focuses on alts. Would personally really like another ToV style raid (limited environment, no irrelevant bosses, well tuned endboss) but doubt that's worth it in regards to the general populace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    False. Legion was only in Beta for 7 months.

You seem to be confused because for the first time ever Blizzard gave alpha access to content creators. For all we know, they aren't doing an alpha period at all this time, because BFA doesn't have the massive system changes that Legion had.
    Alpha/Beta, call it whatever you want, our guild got access shoftly after Blizzcon and the game came out in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    November at the latest, Dec would either throw launch into the holidays or raiding into the holidays, neither of which their probably too keen on.

Which either way, no matter when it releases, it'll be the shortest end of expansion in years.
    You do realize Antorus came out for the holidays? Devs don't give two shits.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Cataclysm was released in December and did just fine. A December release increases the likelihood of the game being purchased as a Christmas gift and is hardly a bad time to release a Triple-A project.

That said, Blizzard has campaigned on the idea in Legion that they will have shorter release cycles than ever before and so far has generally kept up on that bargain. Personally, I think it's a bit cynical to predict a Q4 2018 release for BfA; but it's also somewhat understandable given that Blizzard is also known to be perfectionists, preferring to delay releasing a product "too early," even if that means a content drought.
    Indeed and I hope they continue doing this, better a delay and a better game then release early and it be unstable and poor.

Blizz are one of the few big companies that has always delays a release if there not 100% happy with and I have always prefered this approach, unlike others that work to a fixed release date and release the game regardless of bugs and stability and then patch like mad when the game is live.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2018-01-04 at 03:17 AM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You do realize Antorus came out for the holidays? Devs don't give two shits.
    There's a huge distinction between release DURING the holidays and BEFORE the holidays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And when they did Ruby Sanctum there was a huge outcry of *scoff lol filler raid who cares?*
    yes and they are right, but the option here isn't 1 year of icc + filler raid in mid or only (the what should be norm) 6 months of icc then new exp
    the option here is 1 year antoros and a filler or just 1 year of anotoros, of course 1 year + filler is better than just 1 year
    Back then it was first time and we weren't really expecting it to stay a year in first place, it was 'weird' that an end raid stays for a year after it was released, now blizz not just keep it 1+, they don't even give fillers anymore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    It seems pretty indisputable that the next xpac will be launched in September/October.

This means that we're gonna be raiding Antorus for another 9-10 months. The raid has been out for a while so what's your take on this?

Is the raiding community going to be fine or will there be a drop in activity and loss in subs?
    Antorus is pretty bad, but so far every Legion raid has been, so no surprise there.

And long droughts at the end of an expansion are a good thing. I used to raid all the time, and my only breaks were the few months of no content after the last patch. We need these content droughts to catch up / catch a break.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Companies just aren't avoiding summer anymore, and people need to stop parroting it.
    I think summer isn't a valid reason to delay launch by months. Subscribers will purchase it no matter when it gets released. Some might delay purchase by a few weeks because of vacation, so what? That's not a valid reason to delay a multimillion dollar revenue and renewal of millions of subs by months.

It's gonna be released when it's finished and that's going to be - unfortunately - Q3-Q4 imho.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    yes and they are right, but the option here isn't 1 year of icc + filler raid in mid or only (the what should be norm) 6 months of icc then new exp
    the option here is 1 year antoros and a filler or just 1 year of anotoros, of course 1 year + filler is better than just 1 year
    Back then it was first time and we weren't really expecting it to stay a year in first place, it was 'weird' that an end raid stays for a year after it was released, now blizz not just keep it 1+, they don't even give fillers anymore
    I'd rather have a year plus of the last raid than 6-8 months like we had for Naxx and Sunwell. Give more than sub 5% of people time to see it.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    It seems pretty indisputable that the next xpac will be launched in September/October.

This means that we're gonna be raiding Antorus for another 9-10 months. The raid has been out for a while so what's your take on this?

Is the raiding community going to be fine or will there be a drop in activity and loss in subs?
    well tbh lets not kid ourselves

lets see when competition will have any big releases in autumn/winter subtract 2-3 weeks and you will have 8.0 release date

its not exackly rocket science with blizz

Deleted
    More like 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    And long droughts at the end of an expansion are a good thing. I used to raid all the time, and my only breaks were the few months of no content after the last patch. We need these content droughts to catch up / catch a break.
    I tend to agree. People would be completely burned out with the game f it went on and on and on without pauze. "Content Droughts" are part of what made this game thrive for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Alpha/Beta, call it whatever you want, our guild got access shoftly after Blizzcon and the game came out in September.
    They literally gave invites to anyone with a mythic archimonde kill, instead of weaving through who was a streamer and who wasn't so it's not like you're anything special. It was still an alpha. It wasn't in beta until 7 months before launch.

The fact you think Alpha and Beta are even remotely similar is laughable. Blizzard opened up the Legion alpha because of the massive system changes, they have never opened up alpha testing before and leave no reason to think they will do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They literally gave invites to anyone with a mythic archimonde kill, instead of weaving through who was a streamer and who wasn't so it's not like you're anything special. It was still an alpha. It wasn't in beta until 7 months before launch.

The fact you think Alpha and Beta are even remotely similar is laughable. Blizzard opened up the Legion alpha because of the massive system changes, they have never opened up alpha testing before and leave no reason to think they will do it again.
    I don't know if you are actually serious, or if you don't remember Legion alpha at all, but when it switched from alpha to beta, there wasn't even a data build, it was a build that changed JUST THAT LABEL from Alpha to Beta. Legion Alpha was Beta. Alpha is F&F only, exactly what is going on with BfA now.

Whatever you wanna call it doesn't change the fact that Legion was widely playable with most systems available for 11 months. That's a beta in IT jargon, doesn't matter what Blizzard called it.

Deleted
    yes it will last that long
    no thats not a good thing.

its not a complaining post form me btw but in general i think 10months + on any piece of content that is know the be followed by a new xpac is way to long.
    i thought siege was a great raid. i enjoyed HFC and i also like Antorus but after getting your curve and your third alt up to par ur done. Unless you maybe do mythic raiding but thats not on my list of interests.

On the bright side: it gives mediocre guilds loads more chance to get their curve or cutting edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'd rather have a year plus of the last raid than 6-8 months like we had for Naxx and Sunwell. Give more than sub 5% of people time to see it.
    the reason only 5% of sub (and in case of end boss of either, not even 1% of playerbase) saw the raids wasn't due to time, it was due to brutal difficulty and how hard it was to raid in first place back then, now the % of ppl who raid are far more (also nowhere near wrath numbers but still) and raid itself doesn't need to cannibalize other guilds or do every single raid in order to get gear to be ready to finally do Naxx or Sunwell (also in TBC the 'badge gear' did exist, it still needed an INSANE amount of hcs to even get a single piece) so again no comparison
    now almost anyone who wants to raid can raid as soon antorus was released, in TBC anyone who wanted to do sunwell needed to farm BT/MHJ for months to get gear 'ok' for sunwell, I still remember Brutallus caused ppl to buy elixir of demon slaying - the vanilla elixir - for AP instead of TBC version because it gave extra +20ap (I was herber), that's how brutal raiding was
    Even if the game stayed for 2 years in vanilla wow or TBC, ppl who raid would still be stuck, maybe a little more than 1% would see KJ getting flushed like toilet sh8t, but it won't be anywhere near as close as ppl who saw Antorus in first month alone
    And I don't count 'mythic' as another different raid, painting a peugeot 305 red doesn't suddenly make it a BMW, it is still a peugeot, even if u add an mp3 player to it, and the concept of 'mythic' raiding is one if not worst additions to game imo
    Last edited by sam86; 2018-01-04 at 10:31 AM.
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

the reason only 5% of sub (and in case of end boss of either, not even 1% of playerbase) saw the raids wasn't due to time, it was due to brutal difficulty and how hard it was to raid in first place back then, now the % of ppl who raid are far more (also nowhere near wrath numbers but still) and raid itself doesn't need to cannibalize other guilds or do every single raid in order to get gear to be ready to finally do Naxx or Sunwell (also in TBC the 'badge gear' did exist, it still needed an INSANE amount of hcs to even get a single piece) so again no comparison
    now almost anyone who wants to raid can raid as soon antorus was released, in TBC anyone who wanted to do sunwell needed to farm BT/MHJ for months to get gear 'ok' for sunwell, I still remember Brutallus caused ppl to buy elixir of demon slaying - the vanilla elixir - for AP instead of TBC version because it gave extra +20ap (I was herber), that's how brutal raiding was
    No, I actually agree that it was mostly due to short time between patches combined with the fact that you had to actually play THROUGH the game instead of skipping to latest content instantly. I joined somewhat late in Vanilla (I think it was around 1.9?) and I simply didn't have enough time to get my gear up to par to see naxx (unless I wanted to guildhop hardcore) before TBC prepatch came.

In TBC, I was in a guild that raided 3-4 times a week (1 day for 10 mans) and we cleared hyjal + bt before WotLK prepatch and only touched first boss in SWP, because it was a constant uphill battle to have people with enough gear to raid instead of boosting them through T5 and T4, I would say we killed good 75% of the raid times doing stuff you just don't have to do today in terms of gearing.

It was a much better design that had you coming back to older raids and you had to actually deserve seeing newest content, but the burnout rate was insane. We had a core of maybe 13-15 stable people and then rotated 10 warm bodies, some of which just wanted to guildhop once they got gear / attunement and some of which outright stopped playing when we finally gave them gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Indeed and I hope they continue doing this, better a delay and a better game then release early and it be unstable and poor.

Blizz are one of the few big companies that has always delays a release if there not 100% happy with and I have always prefered this approach, unlike others that work to a fixed release date and release the game regardless of bugs and stability and then patch like mad when the game is live.
    People thinking Multi-Billion-Dollar-Company "GoodGuy ActiBlizz" would release Content "when its ready" and not when theres the most money to make are the sole reason this Company can get away with basically anything...aka throw shit in people´s face and expecting them so say "thank you, can i have more please".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want a long Antorus, nor do I want the new expansion either.

I wanna keep playing Legion, cause I have tons and tons of stuff to do before BFA, but Antorus will bore me as well.

I hope for some extra raid, like SWP was added in TBC or something.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Even if the game stayed for 2 years in vanilla wow or TBC, ppl who raid would still be stuck, maybe a little more than 1% would see KJ getting flushed like toilet sh8t, but it won't be anywhere near as close as ppl who saw Antorus in first month alone
    And I don't count 'mythic' as another different raid, painting a peugeot 305 red doesn't suddenly make it a BMW, it is still a peugeot, even if u add an mp3 player to it, and the concept of 'mythic' raiding is one if not worst additions to game imo
    How about you look at it this way, then? Mythic is the super hard classic/BC version only a handful got to saw. If we translate BC raid setup to current over 50% of raiders would still be doing EN or ToV (T4), some would be doing NH and ToS (T5), and only the current mythic raiders would even get to see Antorus (T6). Consider all the other modes besides mythic as an easy mode so raiding isn't locked to 95% of the players. That's why we got LFR. Blizz looked at the numbers and they were coming back that raids were not worth the money it cost to make them if so few people got to see them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.