Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    It is 100% gonna be a golem mount.
    How about both? A Golem Lava Spider!
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I for one enjoy that Thalyssra's reason to join the Horde is one that may be slightly hypocritical and definiteley very emotional. Makes her seem more like an actual person.

Becausr from her PoV Tyrande's words are very cutting. She isn't just some random Elisande loyalist. She was the one that spearheaded the entire rebellion and fought tootg and nail to take Suramar back, using any resource she could find. If you go trough all that and then are told "well how do we know you won't become evil like the rest of your kind?" You'd have every right to be a bit upset.

That being said, I actually can see where Tyrande is coming from with her response. To her Thalyssra is just one of many of her kin who promise to do good but might end up doing the opposite. She's seen it happen before.

But saying that to someone's face, especially one who sought to free themselves of corruption is foolish.

Conclusion? Tyrande is a HORRIBLE diplomat.
    I don't enjoy it because it isn't really like Thalyssra to be that emotional and hypocritical.

And no, you don't send the leader of the people that were backstabbed by another group people to be diplomatic and whisper nice things up the ass of the leader of the people that backstabbed their people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    the truth always hurts doesnt it
    I mean, it's highly ironic, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the elves of suramar did not join the legion, it is as if the united states was upset because portugal was neutral in the WWII
    No, but they did leave the rest of their people to die like animals against a cosmic threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    how cute the lich queen remark.

i will take sylvanas. you can have the brad pitt knock off.
    At least Brad Pitt knock-off tries to have some morals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    The only mildly interesting one is Void Elf mount. Highmountains get moose number 5 (or 6?).
    Should have been an eagle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    It is 100% gonna be a golem mount.
    Nah, it's probably gonna be a fiery ram like Derpkitteh says. I'll be using the Core Hound mount on my Dark Iron Dwarf, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    1 post about wowhead videos, then 10 pages of shit talk about elves and the quality of blizzard writing. So tragic
    Not really sure how fans talking about the media of their choice in the place where you are suppose to discuss it is somehow 'tragic" Literally spent an hour a day in junior high and highschool talking about the decisions of fictional characters.

but w/e be rude if you must.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Not really sure how fans talking about the media of their choice in the place where you are suppose to discuss it is somehow 'tragic" Literally spent an hour a day in junior high and highschool talking about the decisions of fictional characters.

but w/e be rude if you must.
    People talking about a subject I don't care about is tragic. We must only talk about the stuff I want to talk about, even though I offer no alternative subject at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I don't enjoy it because it isn't really like Thalyssra to be that emotional and hypocritical.
    Okay, gnna give this one attempt, which will fall on deaf ears anyway.

Let's try an analogy shall we, you're in Thalyssra's shoes:

The legacy of your people is branded by the actions of others, be it the Suramar government or the Highborne under Azshara. In this case they had an addiction to burning down trees, greatly controversial.
    It's 10.000 years later, your turncloak government allied themselves with tree haters.
    Two superpowers, whoms aid you can hardly refuse, come to your aid.
    The first thing a representative of the Alliance does is call you out on your government burning trees in that distant past. They show no interest in the wellbeing of your people, they just want to siege your city and destroy the tree central to your culture.
    The Horde representative on the other hand show compassion, having themselves burned trees before. They are willing to support you for what you are beside a tree burner, and say it can happen to anyone.

When all is said and done, and the superpowers have ultimate control over the world, whom would you aid:
    - The people who, regardless of being in the right or wrong, scorned you for burning trees and are not willing to see past it, yet at the same time allow Void wielders in their ranks.
    - The people that are willing to help you understand the world outside of burning trees, and whom shared your plight.

Should have been an eagle.
    Thats druid ff.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Okay, gnna give this one attempt, which will fall on deaf ears anyway.

Let's try an analogy shall we, you're in Thalyssra's shoes:

The legacy of your people is branded by the actions of others, be it the Suramar government or the Highborne under Azshara. In this case they had an addiction to burning down trees, greatly controversial.
    It's 10.000 years later, your turncloak government allied themselves with tree haters.
    Two superpowers, whoms aid you can hardly refuse, come to your aid.
    The first thing a representative of the Alliance does is call you out on your government burning trees in that distant past. They show no interest in the wellbeing of your people, they just want to siege your city and destroy the tree central to your culture.
    The Horde representative on the other hand show compassion, having themselves burned trees before. They are willing to support you for what you are beside a tree burner, and say it can happen to anyone.

When all is said and done, and the superpowers have ultimate control over the world, whom would you aid:
    - The people who, regardless of being in the right or wrong, scorned you for burning trees and are not willing to see past it, yet at the same time allow Void wielders in their ranks.
    - The people that are willing to help you understand the world outside of burning trees, and whom shared your plight.
    Okay, then try adding in the fact that Tyrande was alive (and Thalyssra probably too, unless she was born in the bubble) when the Nightborne huddled behind said bubble and left the Night Elves to rot out there while trying to survive the cosmic threat.

You can't compare Liadrin and Tyrande, because Liadrin is a hatchling compared to Tyrande. Hers is another culture altogether by now, and she was born in that culture, hardly knowing anything about what the Nightborne did.

While Tyrande was there when it actually happened.

Of course a party that wasn't backstabbed by you is gonna be a lot more accepting than the party that did. Does anyone here have the social skills to have the basic understanding of how people work at all, or no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Thats druid ff.
    I know, but of all the opportunities to give an eagle mount, one of them really should have been added.

Deleted
    Of course a party that wasn't backstabbed by you is gonna be a lot more accepting than the party that did. Does anyone here have the social skills to have the basic understanding of how people work at all, or no?
    Aaaand completely misses the point that I was making, naturally.

I was speaking from Thalyssra's PoV, everyone would choose the guys that didn't scorn you for something you didn't even do.

And I'm the one lacking social skills...

But be4 this escalates into another elven thread, I'm gnna stop here.

I know, but of all the opportunities to give an eagle mount, one of them really should have been added.
    i mean it'sonly really the skyhorn that rely heavily on eagles for mounts, and even they have moose too.

personally, i never EVER want to attempt to farm a moose from their paragon cache. so i'm glad i'll get a freebie moose other than the ghost moose i have.

also, i didn't think about using my corehound mount for my dark iron. that's gonna be damn good, and i think that just settled my choice of class on warlock for my dark iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Aaaand completely misses the point that I was making, naturally.

I was speaking from Thalyssra's PoV, everyone would choose the guys that didn't scorn you for something you didn't even do.

And I'm the one lacking social skills...

But be4 this escalates into another elven thread, I'm gnna stop here.
    Yes, it's easy to pick the parent that will accept you no matter what, than the parent whose vase you broke and who might want you to apologize for breaking the vase.

But we're not talking about children. We're talking about a group of people that can be called adults and thus can be judged as adults. If they can't be expected to at least try and make up for what they did out of a sense of duty, then maybe they do belong in the Horde after all.

Yes, it's easy to pick the parent that will accept you no matter what, than the parent whose vase you broke and who might want you to apologize for breaking the vase.

But we're not talking about children. We're talking about a group of people that can be called adults and thus can be judged as adults. If they can't be expected to at least try and make up for what they did out of a sense of duty, then maybe they do belong in the Horde after all.
    It's funny because you're really talking with the mindset of Tyrande and the Alliance in general and this post illustrates perfectly why Thalyssra did not choose them, they are stuck with a broken vase 10.000 years ago just like humans are stuck with the vision of the orcs from the 1st and 2nd war. They are stuck in the past, in stagnation, and that's why I personally like the Horde better and why I think Thalyssra chose them

Quote Originally Posted by Arkonel View Post
    It's funny because you're really talking with the mindset of Tyrande and the Alliance in general and this post illustrates perfectly why Thalyssra did not choose them, they are stuck with a broken vase 10.000 years ago just like humans are stuck with the vision of the orcs from the 1st and 2nd war. They are stuck in the past, in stagnation, and that's why I personally like the Horde better and why I think Thalyssra chose them
    Uh, no, the stuff the Nightborne pulled lives fresh in Tyrande's memory.

And lol, the Horde doesn't hold grudges? What story have you been playing?

Uh, no, the stuff the Nightborne pulled lives fresh in Tyrande's memory.

And lol, the Horde doesn't hold grudges? What story have you been playing?
    But that is the point. Tyrande is holding a grudge for something 10,000 years ago for something Thalyssra wasn't even final say on. Thalyssra was just following the orders of the people over her wanting to protect the city she loved. In any case, that was 10,000 years ago. Instead of seeing the tenacity Thalyssra went through to free her people from the grasp of Elisande, Tyrande accuses her of turning into the very thing she just fought against. But another large part is that Tyrnade doesn't understand the struggle over the magic addiction that both the Nightborne and the Blood Elves had. Both addictions came about due to decisions by other more power hungry leaders, but both races are scorned by Turande simply for having this addiction.

I get that it doesn't matter what anyone says, and I play Alliance toons as well. But if you take yourself out of the "but the nightborne did it first" and look at current actions, it makes sense why the nightborne chose the Horde.

I will probably regret pointing this out, but I'm not entirely certain it's right to equate what happened to a minor accident where a small item of inconsequential value was destroyed.

Alas, what I feel the most distraught about was that I liked Thalyssra. I liked helping her and her people, and that Suramar line was one of the most memorable quest chains I've ever played in WoW. I know others may not agree, but I liked it, and I really liked her. I don't believe it is out of the norm for her to act this way, but right after Tyrande brought up the risk of betrayal, I felt betrayed. I do not regret freeing a people, because self determination was important to the fight from a narrative standpoint. I was instrumental in saving her people, though, and I did it personally because I liked them. Thalyssra joining the Horde cuts deep (relatively speaking, since we're still talking here about a fictional world, after all). I think in that way this is successful. I feel betrayed the same way Tyrande feared would happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    There might be a certain person, who likes to hang out in a certain class discord, who might work in the said company (QT), who might have said that very very very soon owners of the statue of tribute with subs still active since the delivery, might get few waves of inv in eu and us.

You know who u r so keep checking your mails.
    *Vigorously strokes his statue sitting on his desk at work*

What, don't look at me like you don't vigorously stroke your statue from time to time.
    Sarkhoza(Neglected) Thanos(Neglected) Saronus(New (Old) Main. WIP.)
    <Crux> Zul'jin - US

#TeamWaycrestHallowsEnd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    I will probably regret pointing this out, but I'm not entirely certain it's right to equate what happened to a minor accident where a small item of inconsequential value was destroyed.

Alas, what I feel the most distraught about was that I liked Thalyssra. I liked helping her and her people, and that Suramar line was one of the most memorable quest chains I've ever played in WoW. I know others may not agree, but I liked it, and I really liked her. I don't believe it is out of the norm for her to act this way, but right after Tyrande brought up the risk of betrayal, I felt betrayed. I do not regret freeing a people, because self determination was important to the fight from a narrative standpoint. I was instrumental in saving her people, though, and I did it personally because I liked them. Thalyssra joining the Horde cuts deep (relatively speaking, since we're still talking here about a fictional world, after all). I think in that way this is successful. I feel betrayed the same way Tyrande feared would happen again.
    I get your point. But in the End Tyrande wasn't there for the sake of the Nightfallen. It was to kick out the Legion of her city of birth and destroy the Nightwell. While the Blood Elves always were more empathetic towards the Nightfallen (In 7.2 Aethas has a Nightborne apprentice, Silgryn following the Horde player and Liadrin to Argus in 7.3). Appearently the Night Elves didn't really care for the Nightborne after the retaking of Suramar, while the Blood Elves deepened their bonds with them.

I get why you feel that way, don't get me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    *Vigorously strokes his statue sitting on his desk at work*

What, don't look at me like you don't vigorously stroke your statue from time to time.
    Wonder who this employee that hangs out in a class discord is.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I get your point. But in the End Tyrande wasn't there for the sake of the Nightfallen. It was to kick out the Legion of her city of birth and destroy the Nightwell. While the Blood Elves always were more empathetic towards the Nightfallen (In 7.2 Aethas has a Nightborne apprentice, Silgryn following the Horde player and Liadrin to Argus in 7.3). Appearently the Night Elves didn't really care for the Nightborne after the retaking of Suramar, while the Blood Elves deepened their bonds with them.

I get why you feel that way, don't get me wrong.
    Why would you care about a people that backstabbed you in your dire time of need?

Now they're in their dire time of need and you're helping them but they expect you to also be nice about it?

How does that work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post

I'm not really equating it in severity. Just that, yes, for a child, it will be more easy to pick the group that will unconditionally spread their arms and let them in, rather than to make the amends they have to with the people they betrayed.

I just didn't think Nightborne were children.

<--snip--> Buckle up folks! Let the hypetrain roll on, choo-choo!
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2018-01-04 at 05:53 PM.

I like to see how the horde is helping the shaldorei with the repairs and with supplies