Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    they are decent at tanking (worse than warrior but on par with paladin, so there is that), they are decent on doing damage, they are decent in pvp, they are decent at farming (very self-reliable and often can take elites with enough gear and dedication), and they are very good at leveling (because any party pre-50 will accept druid as a tank, or a healer or a DPS)
    Whereas warriors can fill in "very good" instead of "decent" on most of those, except leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    some balancing and tuning to iron out some of the rougher edges.
    i.e. not classic content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    Whereas warriors can fill in "very good" instead of "decent" on most of those, except leveling.
    But warriors can't heal and it's a giant "0" that in general makes it balanced. A team of 5 druids can go somewhere, but team of 5 warriors will just be laughed at and fail at everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

That's maybe true for MC, BWL and Onixia, when you are doing AQ and naxx you can't couldn't do it with just dungeon or dragon gear. Don't know about private servers, but i'm still not 100% convinced that they are properly tuned
    Never said "just". But you are not competing for all of your gear from raids which everyone thinks.

The BiS feral weapon for example comes from Gnomeragan and is easily farmable. How many other classes have that advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    i.e. not classic content.
    Whatever works

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    Never said "just". But you are not competing for all of your gear from raids which everyone thinks.

The BiS feral weapon for example comes from Gnomeragan and is easily farmable. How many other classes have that advantage.
    BiS feral weapon came from AQ20 or 40 and obviously naxx, maybe it's true for MC, BWL, onixia, but not for later content.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-04 at 02:12 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

BiS feral weapon came from AQ20 or 40, maybe it's true for MC, BWL, onixia, but not for later content.
    Since, obviously, all he did and all he will do with his druid is questing and maybe 5 man dungeon, his bis weapon is in Gnomeregan it seems .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Since, obviously, all he did and all he will do with his druid is questing and maybe 5 man dungeon, his bis weapon is in Gnomeregan it seems .
    well for that a random green staff with agi and stamina would work too i guess. I mean, a mace that gives you bunch of haste with 3 charges is definitely better than anything you can get at level 60! Lemme farm dat gnomeregan and fill my bags with maces!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-04 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    But warriors can't heal and it's a giant "0" that in general makes it balanced. A team of 5 druids can go somewhere, but team of 5 warriors will just be laughed at and fail at everything
    But if we talks about aspects of the game, it doesn't matter if you heal, tank or dps. You can't heal, tank or dps at the same time, so it does't matter really. You can only choose one at a time.

BiS feral weapon came from AQ20 or 40 and obviously naxx, maybe it's true for MC, BWL, onixia, but not for later content.
    You can think what you want but I have been watching a bunch of private server streams and that on use haste 2 hander is extremely strong for feral.

You forget that stat bloat wasn't really a thing in vanilla so it's not hard for lower "ilvl" gear to compete with raid gear.

You can think what you want but I have been watching a bunch of private server streams and that on use haste 2 hander is extremely strong for feral.

You forget that stat bloat wasn't really a thing in vanilla so it's not hard for lower "ilvl" gear to compete with raid gear.
    Private servers are not Vanilla, we are not even sure that Classic will be Vanilla as well.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No you don't have any right. What you are saying is fuck vanilla, I want classic to be this way. "Balancing" of classes is one of the worst things to happen. It will destroy the very fabric of what vanilla was. If you want balance, there is already a game for you out there and that is retail.
    Why does there have to be multiple threads created every day that are like :
    • This is nothing to do with QoL so it means I am right.
    • Explain changes to vanilla that are QoL changes.
    • Belittle every one that disagrees with me.
    The vanilla wow community really seems to be the same toxic self destructive community we see in mythic raid guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Private servers are not Vanilla, we are not even sure that Classic will be Vanilla as well.
    vanilla private servers are infact vanilla.

and its faily certain that WoW classic will take place in Vanilla... just a hunch. If they were not planning on that they wouldn't have made a big vanilla ice cream scene like they did at Blizzcon

Quite the assumption.

...because you know, live servers are completely balanced.
    Of course they're not, but Vanilla is broken with regards to some specializations being downright useless in a raid environment (or too strong in PvP). There's no way they'll be releasing a broken and unbalanced version Vanilla in 2018/2019. In order for the game to have re-playability and long-term player satisfaction, its dedicated team will have to carefully and responsibly introduce balance and bug fixes. Here's hoping they deliver.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronoos View Post
    But if we talks about aspects of the game, it doesn't matter if you heal, tank or dps. You can't heal, tank or dps at the same time, so it does't matter really. You can only choose one at a time.
    Yeah, that's why druids were healers. They can heal and give mana to priests - that's their job

Vanilla WoW will turn out just like 2007scape. Which ISN'T a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Of course they're not, but Vanilla is broken with regards to some specializations being downright useless in a raid environment (or too strong in PvP). There's no way they'll be releasing a broken and unbalanced version Vanilla in 2018/2019. In order for the game to have re-playability and long-term player satisfaction, its dedicated team will have to carefully and responsibly introduce balance and bug fixes. Here's hoping they deliver.
    So what. They were also either weak or stronger in other aspects of the game.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah, a mace with 32 AP and 3 charges on haste buff is better than a mace that passively gives you mana, healing and ~200 AP kappa

yeah, a mace with 32 AP and 3 charges on haste buff is better than a mace that passively gives you mana, healing and ~200 AP kappa
    /slowshrug

vanilla private servers are infact vanilla.
    No, they are not. They aren't run by Blizzard, aren't legal, often have changes made to them like faster xp or custom content, and are prone to vanishing at the drop of a hat because "one of the devs looked at another funny" or "well we fleeced enough from the saps playing here, time to do a runner."

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    No, it's got its own team so they can work on it without pulling resources away from live like they did with WoD and Titan/Overwatch. They already weathered that storm, and learned a painful lesson from it.

@Cronoos: The only way to properly give us the "vanilla experience" is to not make any changes to Classic. Otherwise the game operates differently than it does back then and it isn't classic.