Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    It did with spells atleast, you could see the multistrike versions of Ice Lances (for example) go after the main one. They were just smaller versions.
    that was just a frost mage thing cuz their spec was based around that and they had some passives/talents, i cant remember any aditional spells flying of my warlock when multistrike was a thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    that was just a frost mage thing cuz their spec was based around that and they had some passives/talents, i cant remember any aditional spells flying of my warlock when multistrike was a thing
    I saw it as warlock aswell, atleast on Incinerate and Chaos Bolt.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    on warloc you had that 4 piece where you woud get 2 extra multistrikes so you had a fat one and 4 small ones it was awesome as hell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Maybe "versatility" should be a stat that changes what it is depending on the spec. Maybe its spirit for healers, whatever dps care about hit/exp/penetration/multistrike/crit dmg, and then magic resist or armor for tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this idea, because I miss spirit on my healers. I miss that I don't have the option anymore, to tune my gear either towards output or towards mana regen. On my "spammy" healers like the druid, who preemtively HoTs a lot, I'd love to be able to equip a few spirit pieces for a smoother playstyle. While my holy priest, who can spec into a talent for more regen and has the cheap Binding Heal has almost no mana problems at all.

Did Blizzard ever release a statement why they removed spirit? It seems like such an essential stat for healers. But I guess it was in the way of their idea that a gear piece can be used by all specs. That's why I like the idea from the quoted post, that it just turns into something else for Dps/tank specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunahh View Post
    I love this idea, because I miss spirit on my healers. I miss that I don't have the option anymore, to tune my gear either towards output or towards mana regen. On my "spammy" healers like the druid, who preemtively HoTs a lot, I'd love to be able to equip a few spirit pieces for a smoother playstyle. While my holy priest, who can spec into a talent for more regen and has the cheap Binding Heal has almost no mana problems at all.

Did Blizzard ever release a statement why they removed spirit? It seems like such an essential stat for healers. But I guess it was in the way of their idea that a gear piece can be used by all specs. That's why I like the idea from the quoted post, that it just turns into something else for Dps/tank specs.
    Because it was essentially healer stat. Having item drop that was basically healer item is not good itemization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Because it was essentially healer stat. Having item drop that was basically healer item is not good itemization.
    I guess that's right, but I personally wouldn't mind if there were still healer or tank items. There was a time when spirit turned into hit for other specs, now hit doesn't exist anymore, but they could've found another solution to make the items still useful for all specs.

I wouldn't care about spirit so much, but playing all healing specs except disc priest, I find mana regen pretty unbalanced. Some healers have an expensive spell as their main source of Hps, while some can spam a cheap one, some have personal regen Cds or the option to spec into regen talents, others don't, yet they all have the same base mana regen. I just would love to have the option for the more mana starved healers again to get more regen via gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    My stats are so inflated as an enhancement shaman my sims are telling me to stack versatility now. So that's a good thing for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    That is the problem, I am a plate wearer. The DK gear is essentially one regular stat and then an assload of versatility. Every ring, neck piece, etc... is the same.
    Just glancing at the dk tier and gear in antorus you could make a gear set with under 1k vers. So I'm guessing you have just been unlucky with gear because there is ALOT of non-vers gear in antorus. In fact the BiS legendaries for both dps spec's of DK have 0 vers on them.

Its expected that in shared drops there will be a variety of stats. What I have an issue with is when they put versatility (or any stat universally bad for all specs of a class) on 3 pieces of our tier gear in the last tier of the expac.

In the last tier, I'm supposed to get the best-feeling, best-itemized gear. But I'm forced into a stat I really don't want on my tier set that I absolutely need. feelsbadman.

It's weird. If the stat had been replaced with Spell Power for casters, Attack Power for melee, Healing Power for healers and Damage Reduction for tanks (which is basically what it is anyway) I think it would've been much more well received. It becomes much more boring when it's this generic stat.

The versatility stat is out of control on gear from Antorus. Every piece has a good stat, haste, mastery or crit, and then versatility is just tacked on it seems. I don't understand why they are trying to push the stat so much, as versatility seems pointless without the other more beneficial stats. The only reason I can logically think of is that it is just a way to stifle reaching the desired breakpoints. Some classes I believe benefit from the stat, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a single melee spec benefits from versatility. Personally as a Frost DK, I'm struggling to meet my breakpoints in haste and crit because of this garbage stat being on every piece of gear. It doesn't make me personally feel like I am doing or taking any less damage with it on the gear and overall it is just a boring stat that doesn't really have any synergy with the other stats, just a flat damage increase, but without haste, crit and mastery the flat damage is pointless.
    Spoken like a true bottom-tier LFRtard who hasn't even seen half the pieces of available gear from Antorus yet.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    Spoken like a true bottom-tier LFRtard who hasn't even seen half the pieces of available gear from Antorus yet.

/thread
    Except that I've cleared it every week since release, so try again. Looking in the goddamn dungeon journal would tell you how much of a blundering, uninformed idiot you are. Nice troll though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Armor penetration was by far my favorite stat. I have no idea why they removed it.
    Probably because once you got over 100% ArP, you started doing significantly more damage to tanks/plate wearers than clothies? That's completely backwards from what it's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You realize different classes and furthermore, different specs, could say the same thing about Critical Strike, don't you? As a Subtlety Rogue, I despised when Mastery gear dropped. I'm pretty sure tanks value Versatility a bit more than other roles, but I could be wrong.

I think by and large Versatility is the "step-child" of stats. It is boring, I agree, but I don't think it's as out of control as you depict. You could easily say there are outliers for any stat. The situations where Versatility are myriad with all the different gear combinations. To say there are some outliers is a gross understatement.
    isnt mastery what sub rogues want

We need multistrike back. I miss my chaos bolts having a smaller bolt behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    All we really need is reforging back but you know Blizz won't cuz then we wouldn't have to grind endlessly to get our favored secondary stat.

RNG RNG RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You realize different classes and furthermore, different specs, could say the same thing about Critical Strike, don't you? As a Subtlety Rogue, I despised when Mastery gear dropped. I'm pretty sure tanks value Versatility a bit more than other roles, but I could be wrong.

I think by and large Versatility is the "step-child" of stats. It is boring, I agree, but I don't think it's as out of control as you depict. You could easily say there are outliers for any stat. The situations where Versatility are myriad with all the different gear combinations. To say there are some outliers is a gross understatement.
    Absolutely understood, and I do add that I may be incorrect in my understanding of how much other classes depend on the stat. My understanding of how it impacts other classes is based mostly on conversations from forums on how bad the versatility stat is. I can only base my personal opinion on my specific class, and while the stat sims very high, in practice I haven't noticed a huge impact to my output from 28% crit, 28% haste, 40% mastery and 9% versatility, over that of 21% crit, 21% haste, 51% mastery, 14% versatility (I know most of that is not ideal, but that is my point, I can't get away from it). The higher versatility just makes me feel slower and clunky, as where higher haste and crit smooth out my total actions while playing, the versatility just makes it seem like I am waiting forever for my next action. The damage difference additionally is there as well while interweaving between mechanics and not being able to set up to achieve the maximum theoretical dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

i stack versatility on my arms warrior for world pvp, it owns