Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I even think its Q1 2019 ^^.
    me too, simply based on a fact that almost nothing has been presented except few zones and some new features. I mean they can release it sooner if all we get is what they presented, which sounds like WoD 2.0 tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    In my best estimates..

Pre-Order will hit with Patch release on 16th January.
    Alpha will hit early March.
    Beta in Mid-april.
    Battle for azeroth will release in late June or early july.(+/- couple weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by Realsteel View Post
    In my best estimates..

Pre-Order will hit with Patch release on 16th January.
    Alpha will hit early March.
    Beta in Mid-april.
    Battle for azeroth will release in late June or early july.(+/- couple weeks).
    There been a lot of talk on reddit about patch 7.3.5 going 16th January doesn't that mean allies races will be coming out too since blizzard say that. I still believe Battle for Azeroth going be release in august.

Deleted
    Autumn 2018. Now you know.

5+ Year Old Account
    Q3/Q4 2018 it will launch.

June release. Book it.

I honestly wouldn't mind BFA taking longer if it means it's done right and Classic servers were released in the meantime. I don't expect that to be the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    me too, simply based on a fact that almost nothing has been presented except few zones and some new features. I mean they can release it sooner if all we get is what they presented, which sounds like WoD 2.0 tbh.
    legion only had demon hunter starting zone playable at blizzcon and it released in late august, that was 1 zone, so technicly we got more content this blizzcon (2 zones)

November at the soonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind BFA taking longer if it means it's done right and Classic servers were released in the meantime. I don't expect that to be the case though.
    classic before BfA, not sure if they even assembled the team that will work on classis, so there is very little chance that it will release this year

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not shooting in the dark. My calculations are based on several factors.

1. Ian Hozzikostas said in one of the blizzcon videos that they were working on BFA since legion release. That is now 16 months. Blizzard need maximum 20-22 months to fully prepare an expansion.
    2. Blizzard store just had a discount sale of legion upgrade. That is a sign of milking the cow finally before they include it in the basic pack.
    3. Several starting zones were playable at Blizzcon, which was 2 months ago.
    4. They will need filler content to keep people busy until BFA release, release of new races on BFA pre-order accomplishes MORE than that. You have people going to level from 1 to 110 for heritage armor on a minimum of 2 characters, total of 3, maximum of 6 if playing both factions!
    5. A certain event that occurs in late january was in the patch, hence patch release on 16th january is possible.
    6. We haven't had any 8 hour maintenance for a couple weeks. If we don't have it next week either, that will be a sign. especially if the January 16th maintenance is 8 hours.

Hence I believe that patch and very possibly new races will hit live on 16th january.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not shooting in the dark. My calculations are based on several factors.

1. Ian Hozzikostas said in one of the blizzcon videos that they were working on BFA since legion release. That is now 16 months. Blizzard need maximum 20-22 months to fully prepare an expansion.
    2. Blizzard store just had a discount sale of legion upgrade. That is a sign of milking the cow finally before they include it in the basic pack.
    3. Several starting zones were playable at Blizzcon, which was 2 months ago.
    4. They will need filler content to keep people busy until BFA release, release of new races on BFA pre-order accomplishes MORE than that. You have people going to level from 1 to 110 for heritage armor on a minimum of 2 characters, total of 3, maximum of 6 if playing both factions!
    5. A certain event that occurs in late january was in the patch, hence patch release on 16th january is possible.
    6. We haven't had any 8 hour maintenance for a couple weeks. If we don't have it next week either, that will be a sign. especially if the January 16th maintenance is 8 hours.
    7. wotlk released after 20 months of Tbc. cataclysm which remapped entire azeroth released 25 months after wotlk. MoP released after 22 months of cataclysm. WoD which was released very late and what they learnt from never to delay so late was released 26 months after MoP. Legion was released 22 months after WoD. Using the same estimates, I am positive we are looking at a June release date for bFA. i.e. 22 months after Legion release.

Hence I believe that patch and very possibly new races will hit live on 16th january.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be Q4. Anything sooner is really optimistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    classic before BfA, not sure if they even assembled the team that will work on classis, so there is very little chance that it will release this year
    ^This. Classic is years away, we will get BfA first. Even if they finished classic servers, they would wait and sell you BfA and wait for that hype to die down - then release Classic.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithsabin View Post
    I think you have lost your old ways . I can see release date in September but they will loss a lot of people if they made them wait till November
    If people are willing to wait till September then the VAST majority of them will be willing to wait till November as well. 2 months will not lose them "a lot of people", it will make very little difference to most people as we have seen expansion after expansion.

It'll release August 30th 2018. Mark my words. That'd be exactly 2 years after legion release.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    sure we can. They said their goal is to release it in 2018, meaning theres no way it will be out before q3 of 2018, and with the fact that beta still hasnt even started, i'd say it will release sometime around november, and this is being optimistic.
    More or less right. Okay more so than less.

Once beta starts, people will get a better understanding of the release date. Figure at minimal Q3 of 2018. While not necessarily content heavy, specially since a chunk of the announced content is going into the game pre-launch, there is still a lot of missing parts of the scope that aren't exactly fleshed out or in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but Classic is years away. Mark my words

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Back at the Blizzcon prior to Legion's release, a Summer (NA) 2016 release season was announced:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNC...youtu.be&t=226

We are now 2 months past the Blizzcon prior to BfA's release and we still do not have a release season for the expansion. In fact we don't really have much info about this expansion at all. This is a little disconcerting as it suggests that a lot is still up in the air about this expansion. I am concerned that if something as simple as a release season isn't announced very soon, that there is a possibility of this expansion being released as late as Winter (NA) 2018 which could make Legion's final patch the longest in the history of WoW.
    Pretty sure they said after Fall of 2018.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    I hate to break it to you but Classic is years away. Mark my words
    How did you miss the last sentence where I said "I don't expect that to be the case though." ?

Maybe with the last GoT season in 2019.