Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune-life-nature View Post
    The reason that the Alliance and Horde went after recruiting allied races was because of the coming war.
    Ok? What does this have to do with killing night elves specifically? What did I miss?
    Last edited by Halyon; 2018-01-04 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    tyrande

lady liadrin

The nightborne were sought to have allies to the elves who showed respect and friendship

- - - Updated - - -

the nightborne joined the horde in reality because of the players of the alliance who asked that the blood elf model be playable in the alliance.
    Many times I read to players of the alliance to say that they gave to the horde the nightborne and that the alliance has the blood elf model.
    Now they have what they wanted.
    yea i know i totally agree. its just crazy how its just going the way of a forum thread story lol
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    I wonder why the Nightborne didn't join the magic hating woman who basically said she expects them to be the next Hitler......hmmmmmmm -_-

Also Suramar didn't betray anyone, they were about to be annihilated and had no choice but to erect the force field. Then NO ONE even came to help them out of their jam.

Tyrande is also being racist, she's expecting the resistance leader to be exactly like the person they just toppled.....because they are the same race.
    That's a silly thing to say, cos if you knew any elven lore, you would know Tyrande is not magic hating, nor is Malfurion, nor the night elves, in fact I think only Maiev amongst any elven group is magic hating. To me it's clear the basis of the allegiance to the horde is more on the blood elves' friendliness and love/respect given, rather than any phatom hate from Tyrande which has no basis.

Tyrande is suspicious not hateful, and whatever her motives stated for helping the nightborne, she helps them, and specifically too as they are her people, even a few quests where such help was un-necessary or unrelated to destroying the Legion.

Blood elves show more love.. that's it.. it's nothing stupid about night elves hating magic or anything like that. Blood elf society has arcane usage fully integrated through it, night elf society is totally segregated, their is fully accepted arcane usage, but it's only in the highborne quarters, druids don't care for it, nor do priests, and it's not to say that eventually they won't.. druids have been using arcane well for ages (not for spells, but as moonwells) and the arcane augments nature, so yeah, you can use the arcane in total harmony to augment and amplify or enhance nature - druids will be interested. Vice versa arcane mages also need balance and harmony as all things are connected, they would greatly benefit from the augmentation and harmony that the balance of life makes evidenced in nature. Afterall, it is the work of both the arcane mages of the night elves and the druidic ancient trees that built wonders like Suramar city itself and many that were lost in the first invasion and sundering that followed.

This simply means that night elf story will likely show how the 3 core disciplines of their people (the arcane from which they are born), nature from which they've always cared for (from the Dark troll days), and the divine (the faith and realisation of the goddess that started this whole amazing journey for them).

It is worth bearing in mind that it is out of these that high and blood elves came, the thing is it is the Thalassian elves that continued the pioneering and innovative spirit of the night elf people, post sundering, the night elves just stagnate, whether in a forest or in Suramar or Eldre'thalas, they stagnate, the only night elves that did not, are those that went on to become high elves and had to reset their entire society and just get rid of all the nonsense of the both the pre-sundering arcane life that was corrupted (i.e. the ones the nightborne/highborne follow) and the druidic long vigil one they just couldn't stand any more of after 3k years, that preferred to stay in the shadows and not rebuild, but maintain an un-necessary penance and fear of moving forward.

The elves changed after the sundering, and the blood elves have really been the only group that have pushed forward. for 7,000 years while night elf, highborne, nightborne all pretty much stagnated - and are only now being forced to move on, and they are struggling, it's evidenced. How anyone can think nightborne have more in common with blood elves over night elves is beyond me and seems incredibly foolish and shallow - just because arcane wielding permeates both society? That's the only real thing they have more in common over the night elves, the lionshare is more in common with the kal'dorei.

Serisouly people can be so shallow, see arcane and go.. oh it's blood elf, not even reading lore and knowing that is night elf arcana, its different, the only thing common is that it's the arcane, outside that everything about it is different. Culture, style the works, including attitude, behaviour etc.

My fave thing about the Nightbourne ones, is how she proves Tyrande right.

"How dare she talk to me as if I might betray her like I once did..." while swearing to basically kill night elves.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Damn it's great to be Horde in this expansion, I had enough of the krybaby king, M'Alleria, Tyrande and her dumb mouth, and I finally get to play as a "night elf" there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    My fave thing about the Nightbourne ones, is how she proves Tyrande right.

"How dare she talk to me as if I might betray her like I once did..." while swearing to basically kill night elves.
    tyrande says she will be the next azshara, as far as I remember thalyssra does not intend to open a portal for the legion to destroy the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post
    Nevertheless, it still shows how big of an asspull their allegiance with the blood elves was.

We didn't see them building up relations during our assault on Suramar (or in that matter any conflict with Tyrande), it ended up as a sudden surprise during last weeks of Argus campaign.Hence Alliance players consider it to be an utter bullshit.

Blizz should've just gone with Highmountain for Horde and Lightforged for the Alliance tbh.
    Yeah, and the NEs joining the Alliance in the first place was also a giant asspull, let alone remaining after it brought them jack shit (don't get me started on the retconned Draenei in BC) but that's how it goes with races, Blizzard goes for what's cool over what makes the most sense sometimes. Some Alliance players would have called bullshit no matter what Blizzard did because we all know the only reason there's so much controversy around elf races is because of the models, not the lore.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=44743/tyrandes-command

Read the completion: The Nightfallen insisted on being a part in this conflict. There is more work to be done than people we have.

And if Nightborne chose to become the Night Elves' enemies simply because Tyrande didn't sacrificed her people for these people who abandoned them during the WotA then they can simply go to hell. They are not some golden price to be won like they think they are. For their personal goal of expanding beyond Suramar they chose to take a side and are going to kill people who did nothing to them and take their homeland.

Nightborne logic: "If one person helps you sympathetically and one helps you reluctantly, it is fine to side with the first and kill the other one!"
    The reason of the second's behavior which is their own fault aside.

When you pick a side in a total war you automatically declare war on the other and since Horde is going to take all Night Elven homeland in BfA, it indicates that the Nightborne back stabbed the Night Elves even harder this time because of their own selfish reasons. Sorry but what the Nightborne did to the Night Elves is absolute unfairness. It will show them bad not the Night Elves. If Tyrande killed half of the nightborne population in Suramar, yes that was justified but she simply appeared and helped them while being cold and aided them retake back their city and in the end she wished them to survive. You don't repay this by becoming her enemy and kill her people.
    in fact tyrande is there to destroy the nightwell.
    and she'll be a lot if they live to die.

lady liadrin in the final comment is much more optimistic

When you pick a side in a total war you automatically declare war on the other and since Horde is going to take all Night Elven homeland in BfA, it indicates that the Nightborne back stabbed the Night Elves even harder this time because of their own selfish reasons. Sorry but what the Nightborne did to the Night Elves is absolute unfairness. It will show them bad not the Night Elves. If Tyrande killed half of the nightborne population in Suramar, yes that was justified but she simply appeared and helped them while being cold and aided them retake back their city and in the end she wished them to survive. You don't repay this by becoming her enemy and kill her people.
    The nightborne join before war is declared, they simply join the ones they feel more connected with, the blood elves. And we don't know how much was done behind the scenes lorewise, if the blood elves send relief aid after everything was over for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    huh, all the racial leaders are female too...

tyrande says she will be the next azshara, as far as I remember thalyssra does not intend to open a portal for the legion to destroy the world.
    No, she's just serving someone who literally tried to enslave the queen of Valkyr and wants to wage war the moment she gets back from war against the legion.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I know it's a matter of opinions, and I fully expected something like that coming from Rommath or Lor'themar, but, of all Blood Elves, I expected Lady Liadrin to be more level-headed regarding this kind of situation, considering everything she went through during her time as the head of the Blood Knights.
    Actually I love it, it just shows how much these two elven groups hate each other and plays well into the statements of the kirin tor guards who say the tension between the two is worse than the average Horde and Alliance.

Heck even Vereesa was uncomfortable sharing a camp with night elves and they are her allies.

OK from what I understood from the logic of some people: If one person helps you sympathetically and one helps you reluctantly, it is fine to side with the first and kill the other one, especially if you betrayed them once in the past.

Whether you like it or not, the big picture is that Night Elves didn't do anything to the Nightborne, even (indirectly) helped them while Nightborne back stabbed them once during the WotA and one more time by turning to their enemy.
    Just because you cooperate with someone doesn't make you friends though, sure the whole things is forced over the top due the stellar theme of the next expansion, but it isn't a betrayal either, since both aren't allies and have no binding treaties. Even during the war of the ancients the nightborne betrayed only one faction and that was their legitimate ruler, who made a pact with the devil, the nightborne did what they did best and decided to hide like the cowards they were, leaving others to fight.

So in conclusion nightborne are cowards of the highest order, not traitors.

the nightborne joined the horde in reality because of the players of the alliance who asked that the blood elf model be playable in the alliance.
    Many times I read to players of the alliance to say that they gave to the horde the nightborne and that the alliance has the blood elf model.
    Now they have what they wanted.
    exactly. And many of them are happy about it. Anyone who loves the lore and the greater story thinks it was both a bad idea and executed even more badly. We should have gotten void elves and they nightborne. Firsts so much better. Or even better they swapped the Tauren Draenei races instead. So horde got Void elves and Lightforged and alliance got nightborne and Highmountain. This was far more logical

1. Light Draenei get in very well with Blood elves since TBC and it would boost the blood elf light story.
    2. Void elves are clearly a blood elf thing. Blizzard got it spot on that blood elves were the ones investigating the void. What they got wrong was how silly and scared they made aromatherapy and co look for expelling them instead of utilising then off site. We are famous for dangerous magic and while we have a redeemed side aka light chasers like Liadrin we also have a frontier side. They’ve basically handed that to the alliance and it is a very Blood elf thing.

3. Nightborne are so arcane Night elf. Fit in like a glove with the highborne already there and to boot are the City folk the majority of the surviving 10k ur old Kaldorei come from especially at a time they are re-integrating arcane using elves back into the priesthood and druids. Nightborne were a perfect and natural progression.

4. We all know that if any race of the horde would get on with the night elves it would be through Druidic roots and shared love for nature and peace and that the Tauren in the horde fit perfectly. What a perfect opportunity to actually get a Tauren faction who actually fought with many night elves still alive today during the war of the ancients. It would be such a huge huge honour they would find especially since they’ve been living with Night elves for the last 10k Years.

Blizzard seriously messed up here. The horde is known for the power groups. Having the Vindicaar and the void elves but small numbers of them was a far better match and consistent story line that built on the Draenei blood elf story and also void elves restoring more uniqueness to the blood elves making us feel less high left and more dangerous with Liadrins lot bearing that high elf echo.

Without the nightborne the night elf recovery story is simply dead in the water their group continues to be boring and 1-dimensional and just one massive dump fest for the go to group when you want some one suffering loss. It’s zero growth and unhealthy. Bad moves blizz

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    huh, all the racial leaders are female too...
    #triggered

At least Zandalari racial leader will be male i guess.

I also like Voidelf and surprisingly Lightforged cutscenes the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post

At least Zandalari racial leader will be male i guess.
    For how long though? They seem to push his daughter into the spotlight.

OK from what I understood from the logic of some people: If one person helps you sympathetically and one helps you reluctantly, it is fine to side with the first and kill the other one, especially if you betrayed them once in the past.

Whether you like it or not, the big picture is that Night Elves didn't do anything to the Nightborne, even (indirectly) helped them while Nightborne back stabbed them once during the WotA and one more time by turning to their enemy.
    The Lightforged give no reason, at all, for siding with the Alliance and killing Horde beyond muh Light. The Highmountain have no reason to be hostile to the Alliance. Void Elves will murderize Horde because they got exiled from Quel'Thalas for a very understandable reason. Don't blame the Nightborne alone, blame the entire idiocy surrounding the faction war and Blizzard pushing for forced conflicts all over the place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Ofc I didn't. But she expressly stated she fought to get the Legion out, not to liberate the Nightborne. Her priorities were set in stone.

Hah, nah. If I did, I wouldn't play almost exclusively blood elves. They're very much stereotyped as the snooty, arrogant elves, when they have pretty sensible factions like the Farstriders, and other 'normal' individuals. Same for the night elves. Tyrande clearly made a choice on her people's behalf though, and the Alliance, with what she did and said to Thalyssra. There are WQ's where Liadrin states that they want to aid the Nightborne, and it for all intents and purposes sounds compassionate. While Tyrande just sounds like she looks down on them. She may look down on them for a reason, not faulting her for that, but she made it sound infantile.

So why would they even try to parley further with Tyrande when Liadrin and the blood elves have treated them fairly and bids them welcome with open arms in comparison? AND blood elves have had the addiction and breaking the addiction steps as well... So that Liadrin shows empathy, while Tyrande doesn't, just speaks to which race that has learned more in how to deal with it, and not leave others hanging who could use the help as well. Solidarity.
    True, but I mean Tyrande is still helping them I agree she's not the easiest to put up with, but I'd find it kind of odd if she immediately forgave Thalyssra and co for going chicken mode and hiding in a bubble. Did Thalyssra actually try to patch things up with the night elves? You can't just expect help and forgiveness right away if you don't try to reconcile yourself

I think equating the attitude of one stubborn, angry elf to that of an entire faction with many different races and cultures is very stupid, but hey, that seems to be a speciality of the First Arcanist I as an Alliance player was helping her and her people because I wanted to, staving away their madness and she just went ''nope fuck you, imma join your enemies''. Whoever thought up this final chapter to the Nightborne story needs to be fired
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-01-04 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The Lightforged give no reason, at all, for siding with the Alliance and killing Horde beyond muh Light. The Highmountain have no reason to be hostile to the Alliance. Void Elves will murderize Horde because they got exiled from Quel'Thalas for a very understandable reason. Don't blame the Nightborne alone, blame the entire idiocy surrounding the faction war and Blizzard pushing for forced conflicts all over the place.
    Is it too late to delete the Lightforged and Void Elves as Allied Races? It's seriously a terrible mistake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    For how long though? They seem to push his daughter into the spotlight.
    Hopefully not more than necessary.

Also not sure about lightforged racial leader. Turalyon seems more fitting and logical than Fareeya? Even if he's no draenei.