Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I remember watching a video of a guy in Japan talking to people on the street about these issues, and they didn’t even know it was an issue. I think the world puts a lot of labels on Japan because they are a very unique culture, but I doubt the issue is as bad as some make it seem, and as others have elluded too. Maybe this is nature just doing its thing undercover. I’d rather have single males/females than massive deaths. Its a balancing act.

Canada has 250,000 more men than women.

Can we talk about that? Why did these women move to the US?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    You go girls.
    Sounds like they would rather sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.Wk7DZXmQypo

How sad. With the declining birth rate, it looks really grim for Japan.
    Why do you think it is like this in Japan but not so over here.
    It will be eventually. Our immigration policy is much friendlier than Japan's though, and immigrants tend to have more children compared to the average citizen.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Arguably the world population is already too high. Nature is simply adjusting itself to reduce the overhead. We'll solve Global warming by simply shrinking the Human population back down to 4-5 billion and using electric cars. Else Mother nature will just unleash Black Plague 2.0
    I'd theoretically agree with this but the wasteful and resource taxing countries are desperate to maintain a certain level of population to keep spending, GDP and economic expansion up. Thus really nothing is accomplished. I'd agree if everyone was just simply okay with a shrinking population, but various countries seem unwilling to endure that.

Some will have lots of kids, some won't. I plan to have three, my friend will likely have none. Not all of us are mother material.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    It's because of two reasons

1) Human society is adapting to the higher living standards, you don't need 5 kids when 4 of them don't die off

2) The corrupt business models we run now need infinite population growth to sustain themselves, you can blame wall street for that.
    I don't agree with 1 necessarily since the problems are now that not enough children are produced to maintain these societies.

2 I agree with completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Time to step up your game, Japanese men. If they can't compete with a tv show, they gotta do better.
    Can't see that happening when most of the men and woman are physically and mentally exhausted.

It's a little mind boggling that their government sit decade after decade watching horrible statistic about their country seemingly unable(or unwilling?) to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Can't see that happening when most of the men and woman are physically and mentally exhausted.

It's a little mind boggling that their government sit decade after decade watching horrible statistic about their country seemingly unable(or unwilling?) to fix them.
    Yea, it is generally a problem with the work culture. Good luck getting that changed though, that shit is more ingrained than anything in Japan from what I've read. People actually work theirselves to death. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post

What are they supposed to do. Set up mandatory mating sessions? The elder are revered in Japan too, so I doubt they’ll mess with that. It’s a different world. Some young men I talk to here in America seem to have no desire for marriage, or even a relationship.

EDIT: Woops! Wrong thread! >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-01-05 at 03:05 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The article states that 80% of japanese women want to get married, while 60% of japanese men don't want to get married.

The article also says that women are seeking stability and status when getting married, and men are just saying screw it, i want to spend money with myself.

Basically, what i see is that where women are empowered, most men are boring in their eyes as life partners, but the idea of marriage still persists in japanese women because they want a sumptuous wedding that would wow multitudes on Instagram (quoted from the article) and someone to spend his money for her. There's no idea of finding a love to share your life, there's just the idea of getting married to get status.

Men know this and they don't think japanese women and marriage are worthy their money and efforts, so they just want to focus on what gives them pleasure. But they still miss spending time with women (article said 80% of men want a girlfriend).

So, they are both opting out of the marriage. Women because they see most japanese men as boring choices for marriage, and men because they see japanese women as ultra demanding spoiled kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    [url]
    How sad. With the declining birth rate, it looks really grim for Japan.
    Why do you think it is like this in Japan but not so over here.
    We don't work a 16 hour day....

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    We don't work a 16 hour day....
    16 - 20 hours work days and drinking with your coworkers, Japanese people are way stressed, depressed and downright exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I'd like Australia to at least remain partially habitable, please.
    Well, as habitable as it was when we got here at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

It's not in decline, it's rising.
    And countries like germany have barely a higher birth rate.

Stop posting bullshit from sites that serve only to push a certain narrative, and stop baiting tennis.

If only we could get the Indians, Muslims and Christians to quit reproducing.

Thing is in this day and age people want instant gratification and thats the reason hook up sites and apps that cut through the bullshit straight to the sex are so popular.

Japan is doing pretty well, all things considered. It even serves as an interesting counterargument to the belief that capitalism necessarily requires/demands an infinitely growing population.,

A lot of this faux-concern/sour grapes tends to come from places like Europe which, in light of moronic decisions made my Merkel et al, resents countries like Japan for having strict immigration policies (among other reasons).

Deleted
    I bet the state of Japanese men doesnt help much either. It's like cuck central there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    thanks, I thought I was going to miss my eye roll quota for the day.

who knows, in a few years things might change or I guess their society is just limping along until automation comes along and a lot more of them wont be working. /makes idunnknow noise
    He's not exactly wrong.