The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not spell it out but maybe be a bit more clear?

When you say a game is shit and someone says it isn't maybe your reply should be (well IMO it is) and not a rant?
    I guess ill need to. Didnt realise saying something negative means you are baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Aliven Dudes been going into threads posting bait so people can give him the exact kind of convo you're giving him.

Seems both me and @RobertoCarlos dont know which you talk about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    If a game fails because of public perception, its normally always through faults of the game.

Andromeda being the awful NPC models and dialogue.

Fallout 4s problems werent as noticeable till you were futher into the game and realised there was no good story elements in the game. "A settlement needs your help!"

So they both deserve the shit they got.
    Actually public perception is flimsy at best.

Andromeda got a fair share of bugs but also fair share of pros. Like sense of exploration, crafting, interesting and well executed concept of being an explorer, good class system, amazing graphics, enjoyable combat.
    Thats why i said it is good game. 7/10 if you like.
    Fallout 4 was the best fun for me since New Vegas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Seems both me and @RobertoCarlos dont know which you talk about.
    Apparently my post in monster hunter about how I'm more excited for MH than another WoW expansion means im going into all these threads looking to argue with someone....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post

Actually public perception is flimsy at best.

Andromeda got a fair share of bugs but also fair share of pros. Like sense of exploration, crafting, interesting and well executed concept of being an explorer, good class system, amazing graphics, enjoyable combat.
    Thats why i said it is good game. 7/10 if you like.
    Fallout 4 was the best fun for me since New Vegas.
    Yeah I agree public perception can be a bit messy. Its not the gold standard to judge a game on I agree. Some games never get a fair crack of the whip from the start even after patching their problems.

I think the reason mass effect and fallout get so much shit is because they were so anticipated and are such big titles people wanted them to be great. If they were named something else Im sure they wouldnt get so much hate

Apparently my post in monster hunter about how I'm more excited for MH than another WoW expansion means im going into all these threads looking to argue with someone....
    A bit offtopic but I agree.

Games like Monster Hunter are slowly replacing MMO's for me and I can't wait to play Worlds on my PS4Pro. It may be the first game in a long time I get for PS4 and PC as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    A bit offtopic but I agree.

Games like Monster Hunter are slowly replacing MMO's for me and I can't wait to play Worlds on my PS4Pro. It may be the first game in a long time I get for PS4 and PC as well.
    MH, Last of us 2, Red Dead 2, God of war. Gonna be a great year for single player! cant wait

MH, Last of us 2, Red Dead 2, God of war. Gonna be a great year for single player! cant wait
    Yep and maybe Death Stranding if we are lucky and there "Playable before 2019" comment holds true. For the PC/PS4 platform's gaming in 2018 is likely to be as great as 2017.

Got bad news for you tho Last of Us 2 isn't coming in 2018, That's likely next year but 100% not this year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep and maybe Death Stranding if we are lucky and there "Playable before 2019" comment holds true. For the PC/PS4 platform's gaming in 2018 is likely to be as great as 2017.

Got bad news for you tho Last of Us 2 isn't coming in 2018, That's likely next year but 100% not this year.
    thats...thats fine.... if we get death stranding this year Ill be ok. Or kingdom hearts 3. As long as one of those 3 come out lol...

thats...thats fine.... if we get death stranding this year Ill be ok. Or kingdom hearts 3. As long as one of those 3 come out lol...
    Kingdom Hearts 3 has a 2018 fall release window and we are getting Day's Gone this year. So if you need a zombie fix until The Last of Us Part II that will likely be it.

Also Spiderman is going to be awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kingdom Hearts 3 has a 2018 fall release window and we are getting Day's Gone this year. So if you need a zombie fix until The Last of Us Part II that will likely be it.

Also Spiderman is going to be awesome.
    Will look into days gone. Good zombie games can be very fun.

Spiderman does look good. I'm just nervous of games like that based on such popular characters if its just a cash grab. From what Ive seen it looks really good though so I hope its one of those rare movie to video games that work.

Will look into days gone. Good zombie games can be very fun.

Spiderman does look good. I'm just nervous of games like that based on such popular characters if its just a cash grab. From what Ive seen it looks really good though so I hope its one of those rare movie to video games that work.
    Insomniac Games doesn't make cash grabs and ya look into Day's Gone even more so its recent gameplay video. IMO that shit looks great, But ill leave it at that since this is derailing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I agree public perception can be a bit messy. Its not the gold standard to judge a game on I agree. Some games never get a fair crack of the whip from the start even after patching their problems.

I think the reason mass effect and fallout get so much shit is because they were so anticipated and are such big titles people wanted them to be great. If they were named something else Im sure they wouldnt get so much hate
    As i said, they were judged by what the public expected and not by what they are. Problem dont lie in game but in audience. As much as i dont like saying that...

Don't have the link to the reddit thread, but apparently Jason Schreier (hate the guy, but he usually has solid info) was talking in a podcast about how Destiny 2 had a huge reboot late in development when the new leadership was brought on, which sadly makes a lot of sense given what we have now. Additionally that Eververse was in fact Bungie's idea, and supposedly it was put in place because the team wanted to deliver smaller "content" drops between the bigger patches and their tools to do so were pretty shit.

Gah, I'm real curious as to what Bungie is going to say what, next week? They already missed a golden opportunity to call and all-hands, make it know that the all-hands was called, and get some super quick info out afterwards and then actually deliver on a high level of transparent communication while they got to work on addressing the issues. FFXIV style, though not necessarily as drastic as the game isn't as fundamentally broken.

if It’s true that they had a mid-development reboot again....then it’s just amazingly sad...I am done with the destiny brand and Bungie as a developer. I admire their ambition to not just want to pump out halo games...but it seems they lack the skill to do anything but a halo type game.

I just don't get it, even with a reboot (I'm not sure what that entails exactly in the case of this game) really they just needed a better reward structure.

The core game is great, the content is already there for the most part, they just needed a better reward structure and better itemization.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Don't have the link to the reddit thread, but apparently Jason Schreier (hate the guy, but he usually has solid info) was talking in a podcast about how Destiny 2 had a huge reboot late in development when the new leadership was brought on, which sadly makes a lot of sense given what we have now. Additionally that Eververse was in fact Bungie's idea, and supposedly it was put in place because the team wanted to deliver smaller "content" drops between the bigger patches and their tools to do so were pretty shit.

Gah, I'm real curious as to what Bungie is going to say what, next week? They already missed a golden opportunity to call and all-hands, make it know that the all-hands was called, and get some super quick info out afterwards and then actually deliver on a high level of transparent communication while they got to work on addressing the issues. FFXIV style, though not necessarily as drastic as the game isn't as fundamentally broken.
    So if true the History of Destiny 1 literally did repeat itself and they didn't learn from it. Also if that's true then DLC 1&2 is 100% cut content due to time and we likely won't get true new content for like 2 years....

Lovely just lovely. The move stuff that comes out the more it shows Bungie doesn't have a fucken clue what they are doing. Wonder how long Activision will deal with it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-05 at 04:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if true the History of Destiny 1 literally did repeat itself and they didn't learn from it. Also if that's true then DLC 1&2 is 100% cut content due to time and we likely won't get true new content for like 2 years....

Lovely just lovely. The move stuff that comes out the more it shows Bungie doesn't have a fucken clue what they are doing. Wonder how long Activision will deal with it.
    Have no clue why they just didn't build off their successes. They could've just added maps and levels to prison of elders style places and I'd be all in. But they don't have shit to do anymore and rewards are such trash. One, two, maybe three duplicates... ok. All there ever is tho, is duplicates...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Lol.....just, lol.

If that’s true then Destiny 2 is literally following in the footsteps of Destiny 1. Which is fucking pathetic because Bungie should know better than that by now. Completely rebooting the development late in the game AGAIN just further reinforces how inept Bungie has become at making video games.

This is most definitely not the same studio that brought us the Halo games. This is a a bunch of wannabes who wish they could live up to the Bungie name.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Lol.....just, lol.

If that’s true then Destiny 2 is literally following in the footsteps of Destiny 1. Which is fucking pathetic because Bungie should know better than that by now. Completely rebooting the development late in the game AGAIN just further reinforces how inept Bungie has become at making video games.

This is most definitely not the same studio that brought us the Halo games. This is a a bunch of wannabes who wish they could live up to the Bungie name.
    Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it. Activision should make it a requirement for them to read that each and everyday they go to work.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if true the History of Destiny 1 literally did repeat itself and they didn't learn from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    If that’s true then Destiny 2 is literally following in the footsteps of Destiny 1. Which is fucking pathetic because Bungie should know better than that by now.
    Oh they did learn and that's why they repeat it. Destiny 1 was a success business wise. You can bitch all you want about it GAME wise. But Bungie and Activision are a business.
    And they will do it again with Destiny 3.
    It's actually you people who didn't learn.

Those who do not learn from History are doomed to repeat it.
    And you will buy destiny 3 to prove it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And you will buy destiny 3 to prove it.
    If by some chance I do get Destiny 3 (doubt it) It will be a used copy, Just like anything EA or Warner Bro's releases (Unless CD Projekt Red's name is on the box) will be used as well.

I get to enjoy what game is there and they receive zero $$$ from me.