Poll: For $1,000,000 U.S Dollars would you get married for 5 Years?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Nope Fear Factor it was this or eat a dead cockroach for $2,000
    Honestly I'd rather eat a cockroach then try to stick with a random person for 5 years.

Then again, agree to split the money with that person, and maybe we'd try our best to make it work for a while.

money is what you fight about in a marriage, so if they let me have that 1 million in a trust that would give me a monthly return - and allow for it to act as a secure deposit for me to take out business loans against - then fuck yes. I would spend 5 years building LLC's that the (soon to be ex) wife wouldn't have any knowledge of. With any luck I would get a female that enjoyed being a girl and not a man hating feminazi that gets off on self-hate and manipulating others.

I mean most of girls would be personal sluts for 6 months at least for a million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "If the relationship works out?"
    You would have to have either low standards, or a complete lack of self-respect to potentially marry the ugliest woman/man ever.
    Are you referring to me?

if so

1) I'm old enough and (more importantly) experienced enough to know relationships are more about do you two connect on a mental level than only on a physical level. I'd rather go out with (and HAVE gone out with) a homely looking girl who's a rockstar gamer/anime fan and movie fan that I laugh all the time with than a supermodel who makes me want to punch a wall out of anger every time she opens her mouth and says something horrible. (Sure that one time the sex with the Supermodel, though, could be a great memory at first. ;P)

You do realize there are some arranged marriages that actually DO work out, you know! ;P

2) But, even if you dismiss all of what I said at #1 - doesn't what I say past those words also still work? :P If she's horrifically ugly to the point where I'm somehow unhappy and my dignity wouldn't allow it, then I leave the relationship and lose the money - right? No harm, no foul.

Hell, on top of that - I get to piss her off as she gets denied the 1 mill as well to boot! ;P (and, having now said that, my conscious immediately said "...and she can do that to you as well." >_<)
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2018-01-05 at 04:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    I mean most of girls would be personal sluts for 6 months at least for a million dollars
    As this thread shows it's not different for guys. Someone even offered himself for daily bukkakes...

No, I will never understand how anyone would offer his life for money. That's the greatest alienation possible if you are doing it even willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    As this thread shows it's not different for guys. Someone even offered himself for daily bukkakes...

No, I will never understand how anyone would offer his life for money. That's the greatest alienation possible if you are doing it even willingly.
    people are generally slutty and love money, theres just more demand for cute girls (:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    people are generally slutty and love money, theres just more demand for cute girls (:
    I don't agree with the generalization. It has a lot to do with your environment and upbringing. It's more or less a cultural thing and not purely natural. Just some regions of the earth worship money a lot more and praise it as success the more you own.

Sure, there's no penalty to leaving them.
    So if I dislike them I can just leave
    Gotta say there's only one chance in hundred I think I'd keep a random person around.

If it's someone my about my age and either a furry/weeb/gamer/nerd, that'd be pretty nice unless they like ril ugly

Dude, I hate to break it to you - but you are willingly offering your life in exchange for money every time you do your job. You do realize that, right? =/

"But we're talking 5 years of your life here!"

Yeah, how long have you been working?

...that's what I thought. ;P

Deleted
    yea fuck it why not, aslong as there a prenup so they cant take it all in a divorce court

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    Sure, there's no penalty to leaving them.
    So if I dislike them I can just leave
    Gotta say there's only one chance in hundred I think I'd keep a random person around.
    That's kinda my thought. The only loss on this deal is if you end it early is you lose the million. So... I'm back to where I am right now? That's not a bad situation at all for me. :P

As I say, it's a win/win no matter how you look at it! ^_^

I don't agree with the generalization. It has a lot to do with your environment and upbringing. It's more or less a cultural thing and not purely natural. Just some regions of the earth worship money a lot more and praise it as success the more you own.
    The happiest places on earth don't worship money.

It's more about community, trust, respect, security, and stability.

Money may be a component, but it's not the answer.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    also by do all the things married couples do. you mean pump out a couple of shitty spoilt kids then get a divorce ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeLarge View Post
    yea fuck it why not, aslong as there a prenup so they cant take it all in a divorce court
    By definition of the deal, nobody would get any of the million on any side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post

I'm not sure where... but there's a joke in here somewhere that involves this quote of yours and your avatar pairing well together for some reason. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Dude, I hate to break it to you - but you are willingly offering your life in exchange for money every time you do your job. You do realize that, right? =/

"But we're talking 5 years of your life here!"

Yeah, how long have you been working?

...that's what I thought. ;P
    Yes and the term alienation as I use it comes directly from that context. Some Marx mate? :P

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post

Indeed - some indigenous folks have a very different concept to live their lives. The Piraha for example are very interesting. They don't have numbers, past or future in their language. Some call them the happiest folk on earth. They don't understand the concept of money or religion.

Yes and the term alienation as I use it comes directly from that context. Some Marx mate? :P
    ....I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me here, I have to admit. >.> I also believe I'm saying that somewhat as a complement. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm not sure where... but there's a joke in here somewhere that involves this quote of yours and your avatar pairing well together for some reason. ;P
    I am here to deliver the message, nothing more.

Indeed - some indigenous folks have a very different concept to live their lives. The Piraha for example are very interesting. They don't have numbers, past or future in their language. Some call them the happiest folk on earth. They don't understand the concept of money or religion.
    It's not just indigenous folks. Singapore, one of the harshest criminal justice systems in the world, is also among the happiest societies.

Denmark is the pinnacle of Western happiness. I don't have time to go into reasons, but feel free to research.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do it for maybe $50M.

$1M isn't anywhere near enough for that kind of commitment. After taxes you're probably looking at something like $650k for 5 years of your life. Consider the opportunity cost of all the things you might not get to do in those 5 years, all so you can end up with enough money to live meagerly for 20 years or comfortably for like 7 years at most.

Unless they devoice me? I am pretty sure I could make that happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no...money means nothing to me.