Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Will you miss PVP Servers?

Will you miss PVP Servers?

When i first started this game i was on a PVP server cause that was where my friends was and TBH i had no idea what a PVP server was cause back in the day the game didnt really tell you when you first signed up or at least i never looked.

I remember being ganked for the first time near Tarren Mill and wondering how did this happen? I soon learned what i had got myself into and when i was spawned camped outside Booty Bay i had to switch the game off cause i knew there was nothing i could do to stop it.

Well things progressed i got better and i learned how to stop being ganked so often then just before Cata blizz offered a free transfer off my server (Kel Thuzard Horde btw) and i figutively almost bit blizzs hand off and i have been a PVE dragon slayer ever since.

I must admit i did miss the excitment of killing that smart ass rogue who thought he could get the best of me but i dont miss getting wrecked when there was nothing i could do.

Anyway will you miss being on a no holds barred PVP server or do you think GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Not really. Different server types are a bit archaic nowadays anyway imo.

Can't say I'll miss a 110 camping me in HFP 20 times in a row because they can't deal with anyone the same level as them and turn tail and run the minute a 110 shows up to fight them.

There should be dedicated RP servers though. Makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really much to miss. Just another toggle.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    God no.

Signed; someone on a 9-1 h to a ratio.

Deleted
    Not really. I can't wait for the BfA PvP change. I can finally decide at my own will if i am up to get my ass (or other asses) spanked in world PvP. Instead of being forced 24/7 if i choose a PvP server.

(Before you rage at me, i play on a PvE server)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not really. Different server types are a bit archaic nowadays anyway imo.

Can't say I'll miss a 110 camping me in HFP 20 times in a row because they can't deal with anyone the same level as them and turn tail and run the minute a 110 shows up to fight them.

There should be dedicated RP servers though. Makes sense.
    Pretty much this. Real world PVP is long gone, there is only ganking. You don't say it, but if people say the new server thing will ruin WoW they are completly insane. I played for more than 10 years on a PVP server and never felt the benefit of it, or countered really good world PVP more than twice a year. There was one big downfall, and that was - again - the ganking, especially in HFP. Pathetic and incredibly annoying, never understood people who spend their time like that, totally no challenge at all.

I transfered to a PVE server a few years back to join a new guild and i have missed ganking people that stole my quest mobs ever since. I'm really hyped for the new PVP option so that i can get back to ganking. Maybe they will even add a FFA mode where i also get to gank people the same faction as me.

10+ Year Old Account
    hello no - i loathe having to crossrealm group on to a PvP realm for a rare mob or world quest or whatever, only to get cleaved down by the Horde presence.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Deleted
    No, I wont miss them. When I came back after some 3-4 years I found myself on almost dead server which used to be balanced before I took a break...most people either stopped playing, server transferred or switched faction. I enjoyed my fair share of ganking thak you. But when it was balanced (2005-2009) I had a blast even though there was no reward from doing world PvP. Even these days it feels good to outplay enemy opponent 1v1 in BG for example. A level playing field does wonders to gameplay. Sadly its no longer the case.

So no, I welcome this change. Now give me solo queue and I will be happy.

No much reason for it being there anymore.

Server ratios are terrible as they are, and they've created a gated environment with sharding etc. Doesn't make sense to try keeping world pvp alive, since its not a thing people do nowadays.

The game is becoming more and more centered around a few things like m+, arena, bg's and raiding. I feel like raiding is going to eclypse at some point in time and m+ will be the only thing left, maybe they'll increase it to 10 people or something, but ye the game is changing.

Is it for the best? Can't really say. Some people love new wow, some others hate it. I don't love it or hate it, as a game it feels like it can't keep me playing for more than 1-2 months at a time. Maybe I just got old. Maybe not. Thing is am fine with the changes they are making as its not gonna affect me at all.

Not at all, didnt care about Wpvp since Wrath actually

No - although I'm playing on a PvE Server mostly (got an alt on PvP) I run around with PvP - and I like the open fights, when they occure. In BfA I will have way more open fights, because I only see those, that have an active PvP mode. In addition, I'll get additional stuff like rep, for something I already do - running around with PvP.

Deleted
    I doubt any real PvP player does due to how bad world pvp is atm. Most likely players who like to gank lowlvl players or bad geared players are only ones who miss it. Hopefully with this change they actually try to make world pvp fun, but I doubt it. PvP is balanced around 3v3 and rest of the game is made around raids and that makes world pvp miserable by default. I would like to see them balance a bit more around 1v1 but of course you have to keep raid and arena balance in mind also. Overall I think they should compromise a bit from balance to make game more fun. At the moment it feels like people don't care how dull the game becomes as long as their class is "balanced".

I'm on a PvP realm, Tarren Mill EU, but it feels like a PvE realms at all times. There's pretty much no PvP guilds either, people roll here for high end raiding because there's quite a big pool of players who are interested in doing said content.

So no, I won't miss PvP realms because nothing will change for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Were any of the PvP servers, population wise, balanced? I was pretty disappointed about this one aspect of Blackrock when I moved there during early Cata. Seems like a wasted feature if the population of each side is way out of whack.

Deleted
    Too early to tell

What if there will be no one with PvP:On while leveling?
    What if there will be NO ONE with PvP:On at all?
    Will there be PvP in major cities?

Too many questions about BfA...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Were any of the PvP servers, population wise, balanced? I was pretty disappointed about this one aspect of Blackrock when I moved there during early Cata. Seems like a wasted feature if the population of each side is way out of whack.
    Balanced population pvp servers are rare. I was browsing realmpop a while back and i only remember two or three balanced pvp realms that had decent population sizes. It seems that a significant majority of players on pvp realms are in fact pve players who go out of their way to roll on imbalanced realms just to be where the cutting edge pve happens. And of course so they can claim the prestige they fondly imagine comes with living on a "pvp" realm.

Ive lived on both Tichondrius and Mal'Ganis and remember very little pvp occuring that wasnt 15 horde vs 1-2 alliance.

No, PVP servers were gone the moment they allowed rolling chars on both sides / allowed transfers from PVE. Even if they kept the former restrictions, many PVP servers would have went single faction. And even on servers that would have stayed two faction, world PVP would have been pretty boring because they did nearly nothing for it in all these years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I've been playing on a RP-PvP server since TBC (Normal RP during vanilla) and at first, I had fun with it. But I've grown tired of pvp during MoP and it's always hindered what spots you can RP in without having it interupted by ooc-people.

Now, I'll be able to enjoy RP -way- more on Azeroth and have a lot more options to pick from, even if it's close to the enemy faction areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Too early to tell

What if there will be no one with PvP:On while leveling?
    What if there will be NO ONE with PvP:On at all?
    Will there be PvP in major cities?

Too many questions about BfA...
    Or everyone with PVP on and nobody touching each other.