Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because all my characters have been around since BC and I'm in too deep to start again as Horde.

I've lost interest in the Alliance over the years though. Our leaders don't do anything particularly interesting unless they're neutral (Tirion, Malfurion, Alleria, Turalyon, Velen, etc), and our entire story in Cataclysm and Pandaria (which were the more faction-based expansions) weren't really about the Alliance and Alliance issues. They revolved around far more interesting storylines concerning the Horde's advances and their leadership. Genn's characterisation and emergence as a major player in Legion has been a nice change of pace, but overall I care much more about the Horde and their struggles. Sylvanas is a much more complex and interesting character than Anduin.

I think it comes down to the Alliance having zero agency. Our story is basically a reaction to the Horde's story.
    Last edited by Apology; 2018-01-05 at 09:12 AM.

I like both and play both The Alliance has awesome starting zones and cool storylines otherwise inaccesssible by a pure Horde player.
    Last edited by Kynario; 2018-01-05 at 09:12 AM.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I was Horde when I started playing WoW in Vanilla, until about halfway through Wrath. By then, after seeing the quest line where the Horde launched a cowardly surprise attack on an Alliance expedition to assault one of the gates into Icecrown. That whole quest line really started souring me to the Horde. It was rather like that clip from That Mitchell & Webb Look.

Around then I started focusing on a barely played Draenei paladin I had, and eventually switched him to my main. Watching Garrosh and his whole race war/Orcish Lebensraum scheme just sealed the deal for me.

And honestly, I had grown out of the frat-guy, meat head attitude a lot of Horde players have. You know, the faux tough guy wannabe Edgelord Logan Paul types. That's not saying Alliance doesn't have their share of idiots, but they tend to be less aggro "rawr look how macho I am" types.
    You don't mean the wrathgate, do you? The one with the cinematic where Putress betrayed the Horde. You know, with how he attacked the Scourge, Alliance, and the Horde forces there indiscriminately with the plague and then was promptly killed in the siege of the Undercity by both Alliance and Horde forces.
    Last edited by Vynny; 2018-01-05 at 09:18 AM.

Alliance have 2 "Look at my boobs!" Races and will get 2 more in bfa, so that's probably why i'd roll alliance, Belf female just dosen't cut it for me, way too small

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    You don't mean the wrathgate, do you? The one with the cinematic where Putress betrayed the Horde. You know, with how he attacked the Scourge, Alliance, and the Horde forces there indiscriminately with the plague and then was promptly killed in the siege of the Undercity by both Alliance and Horde forces.
    No, he's talking about the Death Gate incident where the Kor'kron ambush an Alliance force, causing both armies to be routed by the Scourge the Alliance were already in the middle of fighting.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    No, he's talking about the Death Gate incident where the Kor'kron ambush an Alliance force, causing both armies to be routed by the Scourge the Alliance were already in the middle of fighting.
    which zone was that in? I don't remember that and the main areas with kor'kron were borean tundra and dragonblight, but borean tundra didn't have a gate to icecrown and dragonblight only had the wrathgate. I dunno, it's been a while since I've done any of those quests so I'm probably forgetting it, but now I really wanna know.

It's actually IN Icecrown, in the southeastern area downhill from the Argent foothold you seize in the second series of quests. Marked as Mord'rethar on the map. There was a daily there where you had to make exploding zombies out of the corpses for the Ebon Blade. Once upon a time it was a popular spot to farm bone fragments for the Valentine's day turn-ins.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2018-01-05 at 10:13 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Let me see:
    Orcs: genocidal invasors
    Undead: unholy monstrosities
    The main reasons. Orcs, instead of learning from their mistakes and being glad for being jailed instead of executed to a single one after second war, kept stirring up troubles.
    Sylvanas is disgusting perverter of life.

And the main pro-alliance reasons: draenei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    So him was awesome till he tried to kill Voijin?
    He was also awesome when he denounced one of his generals that nuked elves into the oblivion, and when he was against using plague. Kinda reasonable things for a warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    The horde makes me think of an army of really angry and insane teenagers. That's why. Also I don't like the colour red.
    Exactly! The horde playerbase is mostly just a bunch of angsty edgelords for the most part. There is the competitive raid scene which, despite naysayers, is due mostly in part of the racial boost for PvE. Then they cried endlessly that humans had one good buff that made them ideal for PvP. Essentially people shy away from the Alliance for two reasons, Blood Elves are pretty anime characters and every time the Alliance gets anything that helps in a specific scenarios it turns the edgelords into crybabies.

The horde cry shouldn't be Lok'tar Ogar, it should be "Yea I shop at Ulta, but I also like skulls and stuff".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I've sacrificed everything, what have you giv...

Punches the demon hunter in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well i would love to see gnomes get more spotlight, unless Anduin makes gnomes inventions a main feature of alliance i'm not supporting him. Imagine whole Alliance army equipped with fucking mek units. Wounded soldiers return to the battlefield in a giant machines akin to wh40k dreadnoughts
    gnomes got a cool mekkatorque moment in the broken shore cinematic

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    He was also awesome when he denounced one of his generals that nuked elves into the oblivion, and when he was against using plague. Kinda reasonable things for a warchief
    At the same time he tell trolls to piss off.