Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Goblins sure aint near extinction they fuck like rabbits and have rapid maturation rate plus there supply of Kaja Cola makes them smart and devious!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Not sure if its a plot hole, but it could just be that at the time of the Attack on Undercity that the 'Allied races' are still neutral, I know it doesn't exactly make sense with the details behind 7.3.5, but from the perspective of just watching the Cinematic there are no Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, no Lightforged, and no Void Elves fighting. So odds are from a story perspective the Alliance probably doesn't have the Vindicaar yet, from an in-game perspective Blizzard has done shottier time writing than this before, so -shrug- w/e.
    Pretty much this. As things are presented now, it's possible that from the lore perspective allied races join only after the war has started. IIRC looking for allies to help you fight the war was pretty much the entire point of the concept.

But even if that's not the case, as someone else said it may be covered in the book. Or as another poster said, Alliance realizes that by using it they'll provoke the Horde to use their entire arsenal. Which includes the Sunwell. Azshara smashed Azsuna from Well of Eternity by channeling its energies (OK, technically she smashed the Tidestone and the Tidestone then smashed Azsuna, but smashing the Tidestone alone was unfathomable even to the Blue Dragonflight. If Blood Elves really wanted to, they should be able to achieve something similar (even aiming it at the Vindicaar) over the shorter distance between Silvermoon and Alliance forces in Tirisfal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    The biggest plothole is that the throne room of Undercity is directly beneath the Lordamere Lake. All they need to do is to send sappers to blow up the roof, and the entire Undercity would be flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Because it's a horde squatting ground you mean. It's an alliance capital
    Yeah, no, that's not how alliances work. Lordaeron belonged to the Kingdom of Lordaeron. Not only did it leave the Alliance, it also stopped existing after it collapsed following a civil war the Forsaken won. Alliances don't get claims or ownership over the territories of even their current members, let alone the former members.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know if this would work, Undercity is underground. It would survive the bombing. But using Vindicar? I don’t think this is going to happen, it’s a neutral ship, serves the light and killing demons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Who wants to guess what is the reason the Alliance does not simply use the Vindicar to demolish the walls? I am interested.
    I'll give you a better one.

If the Draenei had shielding technology like this, as In, putting shields around buildings, ships and even deployable shields on the ground.. where were those during all of the wars and battles since the Draenei joined the Alliance? I mean to build the Vindicar since the Legion expansion started It only took them what they had lying around In the Exodar. So why not make an exodar mini warship before? Would've been quite useful against the Lich King for example.

That's not even mentioning the bloody light cannon and no, I don't think the only way to have this "Light" cannon Is combining some silly 3 artifacts from the 3 leaders of the Draenei makes a silly little cannon, that's not even cool or Interesting.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    The Blight is way, way overstated in it's effectiveness by the fandom. It's just glorified artillery. That's it. There's really nothing special about it beyond being decent if you want to pull a scorched earth tactic... which nobody really seems to, since it even screws over the Forsaken's gains (Southshore). There's no real reason for the Forsaken to use it other than it presumably being easier to produce than conventional explosives/shot, which means nothing when WoW's writing cares nothing about logistics or consistency (Stormwind's bankruptcy being dropped as quickly as the next expansion).
    The stronger strains of Blight melt stone. And the only protection against it that has ever been seen is some "blessing" from a Dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That is the question, just how did they manage to do that, when their taxation drove their population to riots and open rebellion prior.
    Stormwind's populace has a history of getting their jimmies rustled by some high-profile terrorist organisation then becoming cowed into indifference when some adventurers go assassinate them.

Deleted
    Maybelline Anduin doesn't want to kill civilians?
    As far as he knows undercity could be filled with Them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecue93 View Post
    Maybelline Anduin doesn't want to kill civilians?
    As far as he knows undercity could be filled with Them
    Arent these civilians already (un)dead? Screw em :P

It belonged in a museum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Orcs from internment camps alone were populous enough that Blackmoore planned to use them to overthrow the Alliance leadership. In one of the alternate timelines where he stopped drinking he achieved just that. On top of that the New Horde also gained Frostwolves and the big Warsong Clan that were never imprisoned. A minority of Orcs sided with Garrosh in the end and those that did were mostly from Orcs that joined even later, Mag'har, Blackrock and Dragonmaw. Orcs population has always been massive.

The only Tauren that were near extinct were Cairne's tribe.

Nothing has been mentioned in regards to Goblins being almost extinct.

Forsaken started as a half of Scourge forces of Lordaeron. Which at the time consisted of almost the entire population of the largest human kingdom, parts of populations of Dalaran, Stromgarde, Alterac and Gilneas, some Dwarves and 90% of the High Elves. Given how the Forsaken were an equal partner in an Alliance of convenience to the Horde predominated by the aforementioned populous Orcs on top of that, they were also massive. And since Cata they resurrected dead from old graves en masse.

The only near extinct race on the Horde are the Darkspear Trolls (with Pandaren also being small in numbers).

As opposed to Gnomes, who nuked away 80% of their population and Draenei who lost most of their population to Orcs after being hunted like animals for 25k years by the Legion.
    Orcs lost a good porting of their troops on SoO
    Tons of Goblins die at the start of Cata
    Taurens still rebuild after the Centaur war
    Undeads still have problems with population
    Dark Spear Trolls are very very Few

Now tell me except Gnomes what problems alliance have compare with the horde problems?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Now tell me except Gnomes what problems alliance have compare with the horde problems?
    They are boring.

Orcs lost a good porting of their troops on SoO
    Source needed.

Tons of Goblins die at the start of Cata
    Got any precise numbers? No?

Taurens still rebuild after the Centaur war
    What Centaur war? Again, the Tauren Thrall saved from getting steamrolled by the Centaurs were Cairne and his tribe. The unification of Tauren tribe happened only afterwards with dozens other tribes that weren't the subject of the conversation between Cairne and Thrall about how Centaurs hunt Cairne's Tauren down.

Undeads still have problems with population
    Since when?

Dark Spear Trolls are very very Few
    Which I already admitted so yay for redundancy.

I already did. Gnomes and Draenei. From non-playable races also High Elves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The biggest plot hole is how the hell does the Alliance afford all this? The war against the Lich King left them near-pennyless and they haven’t stopped fighting since!
    Same could be said about the Horde after MoP, a civil war should be devastating for them.

But it's WoW and what even are logistics

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Who wants to guess what is the reason the Alliance does not simply use the Vindicar to demolish the walls? I am interested.
    Because Blizzard avoids using OP lore facts to get their story across. They write in a manabomb and a completely new super-powerful artifact when they please(hi Garrosh), but they don't let the Forsaken bathe their enemies in the plague 24/7 and they don't allow the Alliance to utilize the Vindicaar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Source needed.

Got any precise numbers? No?

What Centaur war? Again, the Tauren Thrall saved from getting steamrolled by the Centaurs were Cairne and his tribe. The unification of Tauren tribe happened only afterwards with dozens other tribes that weren't the subject of the conversation between Cairne and Thrall about how Centaurs hunt Cairne's Tauren down.

Since when?

Which I already admitted so yay for redundancy.

I already did. Gnomes and Draenei. From non-playable races also High Elves.
    For real? not sure what to say about your post, are you really ask me for source on Orc losing tons of troops on SoO, did you even play the game or read the lore?, im out

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Greedisgood 500000
    pls bro, you either dont cheat or you go in balls deep, -greedisgood 999999

Draenei practicing restraint again. They are not going to blast civilian populations, and Velen is broad-minded enough to consider some of the Forsaken as civilians. That's the only way I can picture any of this as being a war, rather than stormtroopers vs ewoks.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    For real? not sure what to say about your post, are you really ask me for source on Orc losing tons of troops on SoO, did you even play the game or read the lore?, im out
    Majority of orcs sided with the rebellion. Those we fought were mostly Blackrock orcs (atleast lorewise) and Dragonmaw.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar