Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Let's hope the TV adaptation does better in storytelling.
    Isn’t the TV version a follow on from this, not an alternate adaption? It’s basically going to be this universes versions of Wizard and Glass.

Our only hope at this point is waiting ten more years and hoping for a more faithful reboot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yeah, the movie was a bit dissapointing, atleast for us who have read the books. My girlfriend who hasn't, loved it and found it very entertaining. Guess that is what they went for - entertain the crowd, and dissapoint us fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, the movie was a bit dissapointing, atleast for us who have read the books. My girlfriend who hasn't, loved it and found it very entertaining. Guess that is what they went for - entertain the crowd, and dissapoint us fans.
    I dont think they purposely wanted to dissapoint the fans. THe thing is that even though the book is very known not many have actually read it.

Pleasing the masses is what generates income.

I didnt find it very good, book or not, though.

I watched the movie last night, I didn't like it very much. I would rate it 5/10.
    Last edited by jamesdave; 2018-01-29 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont think they purposely wanted to dissapoint the fans. THe thing is that even though the book is very known not many have actually read it.

Pleasing the masses is what generates income.

I didnt find it very good, book or not, though.
    Yeah, even disregarding the book completely I thought it was just a terrible movie. It didn't set up the world or situation at all so it felt like things just kept happening for seemingly no reason. Why is Mid-world in the situation it is in? What does Walter hope to gain by destroying the Tower and why do his followers help him? What were those magic balls that Walter used to see other places? Where did the Gunslingers come from and why are they all gone? What makes Keystone Earth special and why is it called Keystone Earth? And I am sure there are a ton more unanswered questions.

Now, I know that unexplained things do not always equal plot holes and maybe they were planing on filling in these gaps in future movies, but that is a shitty way to approach things. Then again, that is a problem that exists in the movie business as a whole these days. Planning from the jump for a franchise and not just making a solid movie first and then building on it if it does well.

I guess the plan is still to make a TV series though. I wonder if they will still try and connect it to this movie or if they will take advantage and use the series as a new start. Would be a pity though since as bad as the movie was, the casting was pretty solid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You know its kinda funny that they cast a black guy as roland given the fact that certain character in second part does nothing but calls him "White ass" for a huge part of that book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You know its kinda funny that they cast a black guy as roland given the fact that certain character in second part does nothing but calls him "White ass" for a huge part of that book.
    Yeah, that debate doesn't fly. Even though Roland's defining physical characteristic is his piercing blue eyes and a huge plot point in Drawing of the Three is Detta railing at him and Eddie about being "Honkey Ma Fas!" Roland colour isn't considered a major part of his character.

Like Aquaman being blond haired and blue eyed.

Even if it is a MAJOR part of their backstory, it's not considered important. Because being white is never considered defining.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, that debate doesn't fly. Even though Roland's defining physical characteristic is his piercing blue eyes and a huge plot point in Drawing of the Three is Detta railing at him and Eddie about being "Honkey Ma Fas!" Roland colour isn't considered a major part of his character.

Like Aquaman being blond haired and blue eyed.

Even if it is a MAJOR part of their backstory, it's not considered important. Because being white is never considered defining.
    Makes you wonder how would people react to remake of "Downfall" with black hitler. Just artistic vision, nothing more.

Makes you wonder how would people react to remake of "Downfall" with black hitler. Just artistic vision, nothing more.
    I would dare to say that the colour of Hitlers skin is something that acutally would matter, with his life view etc taken with consideration. 1/10, try harder next time.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I would dare to say that the colour of Hitlers skin is something that acutally would matter, with his life view etc taken with consideration. 1/10, try harder next time.
    Why should historical facts block artistic vision and open mindness ?

Why should historical facts block artistic vision and open mindness ?
    You're trying too hard, mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're trying too hard, mate.
    Why would you say that ? Im just open for artistic interpetation. In the end inclusiveness is the most important thing !

I don't have a problem with, say, Hamilton, which re-interprets historically white people with minorities. But the point is, Hamilton isn't claiming to be history-perfect. I doubt the Founding Fathers were rapping.

A biopic of Hitler should have a Hitler that looked like Hitler. Alternate histories like The Man in the High Castle do something similar.

But if you want to do a metaphorical interpretation of Nazi Germany in some other movement - I can see deliberately mis-casting Hitler, like Hamilton did.

After all, they've been miscasting Jesus for 2000 years.