Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    don't expect that to stick around, cause it's op as shit lol

i'm a little pissed they removed the illusion racial for it. the illusion racial was basically a toy, and should have stayed.
    Wowhead mining show a change to the illusion spell in the misc spell changes, so it looks like it *is* staying but is no longer a Nightborne racial. I assume its prob going to be a toy afterall.

The Force shield is hardly OP, its pretty much useless on a ranged class and any melee already has better snares. The dmg is also low and was reduced in this build from 5k to 4k also, think its staying right where it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    They may have little stars in the void form, maybe?
    Yes, brother. I have failed at remembering. Void Elves have their own special form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Know what irks me? Of all the allied races to get special magic hair stuff, the Nightborne aren't included?

Void Elves get shadowy hair, Dark Iron Dwarves get fire in the hair and beards, but Nightborne don't get bits of Arcane energy in their hair, even though some NPCs definitely had it?
    Brother, from what I remember, player Nightborne also lack finger highlights like Thalyssra has.

Shame, they got rid of the banners on PTR.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The style change is indeed drastic.

The style itself is fine, but it is just generic. Many games use it. If there was no Legion logo, you wouldn't know that the screen comes from WoW, you'd think it comes from some mobile game that borrows from WoW to fill its roster of heroes / characters / whatever.
    It's definitely the first time that a WoW loading screen has had a different, undetailed artstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's definitely the first time that a WoW loading screen has had a different, undetailed artstyle.
    I said "generic".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I said "generic".
    Quoting this post so I can check back and see you try to dig yourself out of this one, it's gonna be exciting boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Looks like a female dwarf

I thought it was a really tall gnome... with dwarven hair...

7+ Year Old Account

And they just half-assed some of those vanilla loading screens. The Ony screen, as an example. The drawing of Ony is from around the time of Warcraft 2, which should be noticeable enough because of the completely different body type from the ones that World of Warcraft eventually went with for the body design of dragons. Ony is only identifiable by her downward looped horns, but even those are different from the way she'd end up in WoW.

Deadmines and RFD/K are basically concept art, complete with single figure plopped down in front to show scale.
    By the time of BC, they were creating art specifically for the loading screens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    And they just half-assed some of those vanilla loading screens. The Ony screen, as an example. The drawing of Ony is from around the time of Warcraft 2, which should be noticeable enough because of the completely different body type from the ones that World of Warcraft eventually went with for the body design of dragons. Ony is only identifiable by her downward looped horns, but even those are different from the way she'd end up in WoW.

Deadmines and RFD/K are basically concept art, complete with single figure plopped down in front to show scale.
    By the time of BC, they were creating art specifically for the loading screens.
    To be fair, most expansions have had bad some "lower quality"/different style loading screens. Its just that the number dwindled down over the years.

I wouldn't say that (like rda stated) if there was no Legion logo you couldn't tell it's wow since it's still obviously wow from the 2 flying ships in the background.

And going into loading screens specifically, out of the 30-something added in legion this one being "lower quality"/different style doesn't really mean that much, since it's still more high quality loading screens than before (mop might've had more because of scenarios, but a lot of those were just the image of a map with some concept art)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Tbf majority is generic, only few stand out.

I thought they hid the Allied races NPCs in Orgrimmar, but they got replaced it seems.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-01-05 at 12:59 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

laws against words are made for weaklings, by weaklings.
    That's an ignorant thing to say. If that were the case positive words shouldn't affect people either.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Personally I hate that art style of loading screen, way too cartoonish.

It seems like everyone these days goes towards more cartoonish style which was considered a breath of fresh air some time ago, but nowadays there's too much of it (Overwatch too!) and I think wow should stay with more serious themed pictures rather than going down that route as well...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Personally I hate that art style of loading screen, way too cartoonish.

It seems like everyone these days goes towards more cartoonish style which was considered a breath of fresh air some time ago, but nowadays there's too much of it (Overwatch too!) and I think wow should stay with more serious themed pictures rather than going down that route as well...
    All of the WoW player races look like they belong on a Saturday Morning TV show.

Cartoonish is -kinda- the point, both because it was the style of the original games, and because it allows the game to appear somewhat timeless rather than constantly sitting on the edge of photorealism, chasing after every hardware and software upgrade to try to avoid looking visually dated because it doesn't have the latest pore-count increasing skin-textures.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That's an ignorant thing to say. If that were the case positive words shouldn't affect people either.
    if you want to debate ideology, we can do it elsewhere. all i'll say is that no positive or negative words effect me. i make decisions and feel how i choose on my own. a pep talk is about as effectual as a sugar pill that you know is just a sugar pill, and insults are equally as effective.

anyway, been thinking about it and i really do hope the dark iron mount's a golem. it'd be the only golem mount in the game, so it'd probably piss horde off, but oh well.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-01-05 at 01:39 PM.

Wow has never been a serious game, and this art style actually reflects the actual game over the overly-dramatic ones in the past (Which have still been great, but this is a nice change of pace).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    They're tied to the licence or 8.0, so more than likely comes with a pre-order as 8.0 isn't going to be out for a WHILE. i.e. "Pre-order Battle for Azeroth and gain early access to the new Allied Races NOW". Pre-orders would be off the charts tbh.
    Wouldn't have to wait any longer than we had to on DH's, so I stand by my statement

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Quoting this post so I can check back and see you try to dig yourself out of this one, it's gonna be exciting boys.
    (What is this? Someone is being a kid. If you disagree with what I am saying, say so. If you feel like it, say why you disagree. That's it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    only pathetic losers get butthurt over jokes.
    You know that's far from true (Unless you see most of the people on the world as pathetic losers -including you)

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Cartoonish is -kinda- the point, ...
    The new screen is a different style of cartoonish than before. It's not WoW-cartoonish. It's run-off-the-mill-mobile-game-cartoonish. I don't know how many other games you guys / girls have seen lately, but the style used on the screen really appears in a lot of places.

Yes, I agree that without the logo we'd still have ships that are pretty telling and that they would remind us what game the screen is from. But hopefully you can see what I am saying.

Some good news I have found, an item I would have had to wait until level 20 to mog, can now be mogged on my level 1. This is good for "twinks" and those of us that just want to look good while leveling, lol.