Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Adding Another Allied race for the Same Race isn't too much.

I have been noticing alot of Drama going on with people not liking the idea of Void Elves being the New High Elf race that everyone has been asking for years. Meanwhile other side of community corner argues the people who don't like the Void Elf Allied race saying that High Elf Race is same as Blood Elves. That can also be said with other races like people want to be Wildhammer dwarves, or Taunka Tauren, maybe brown orcs that players have been asking for years. Yet again there's always a side corner argument over again saying that one allied race is good enough for each race.

I think some people within the community misunderstood What Allied Race Feature stands for. Allied Races is pretty much the Subrace feature that people have been asking for years. Now that's happen people can pick whatever different type of subrace they like to choose rather than just one per race.

To me I welcome the idea of having more different subraces to a race than just one. Like for Example Brown Orcs, Blackrock Orcs and Dragonmaw Orcs would be great for customization for the orc race. Adding in a Wildhammer Dwarf doesn't hurt the Dwarven race. 3 different Dwarves sounds good. Adding in Broken Draenei after Lightforged would be great since draenei players have been asking for them for years. Taunka Tauren, Undead Human Forsaken and Undead Forsaken Elves to the Forsaken race, Kul'tiran Humans, to Vrykul ones, Forest Trolls, and finally High Elves. Just because High Elves have the same models doesn't meant they shouldn't be playable. Heck Void Elves even have the same models. I also have been asking for them for years and still feel unsure about Void Elves. Don't get me wrong they look cool and awesome but they lack strong lore and Characters like the High Elves were. Adding in another Elven Race doesn't hurt the Alliance. Besides with High Elves they can have different customization just like the Void Elves did.

I don't know what do you think. I know I might get swarmed by lore serious folks or trolls but I don't care. I just want the Subrace feature to continue proving more subrace customization and many ways to play your avatar the way you want. That's all that matters in gameplay and lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Before you get roasted, i just want to say: I'm with you! But Blizzard itself said there will probably never be High Elves "because they basically Blood Elves". Still hope they will change their minds about that. Or maybe will have the same argument about Wildhammer dwarfs, brown Orcs etc (because they aren't confirmed yet?)
    Last edited by Niovi; 2018-01-05 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    We definitely need some high elfs features, atleast, for void elf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yubel View Post
    I think this would be the best way to appease people. Just give more customisation options to the existing races. Like, add a tatoo option to the dwarf character creation and you got the wildhammer. It's not worth it to take up extra slots for such subtle differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Can we put all the High Elf beggars into one megathread please?

The reason you won’t get High Elves alongside Void Elves is because giving one development in the story would take away from the other. They both fill the Thalassiam elf role, the Void Elves just bring something actually new into the Alliance. Whereas High Elves are basically watered down blood elves and long-eared Humans. They do nothing other than serving as an antagonist for Blood Elves, a role which can now be filled by Void Elves.

I reckon High Elves will be taken out of the picture altogether soon seeing as there’s a high chance Vereesa is going to die at Teldrassil, likely with her Silver Covenant. Their demise would add more story development than their lives ever could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yubel View Post
    That’d take away from the Void Elf theme, so no.

It’s because technically high elves no longer exist, void elves even quote this in there /joke. “we where once high elves, then blood elves.... now we’re void elves!” Or something along those lines, the high elves that do still exist are so few and far between, that realistically having an army of players playing as them is unrealistic to the lore. I hope you understand

Deleted
    I'd agree that adding many new Allied Races that fall into the umbrella of other races is a good idea. This way you can maximise customization and minimize story need. E.g. Brown Orcs story will be linked to Green Orcs and so don't need their own spot light.

That said High Elves are literally just Blood Elves. They are exactly same race. Nightborne and Night Elves look slightly different. High Elves and Blood Elves look identical with the exception of the eyes (which isn't even racial ethier race could have different eyes depending on their environment). If Allaince get High Elves the Horde would need an Allaince race as well to avoid a seeming bias. What race from the Allaince has a faction that could come over to the Horde?

So it's ethier give the Horde an exact copy of an Allaince race with maybe one main cosmetic difference or change the High Elves enough to not be an exact copy.

That'd be my choice make the High Elves look like the outcasts they are add scars and dirt etc.

I just honestly think Void Elves should have been Horde. The literal only reason they are Alliance is because Alleria was Alliance 40/1000 years ago, the fact Nightborne are going Horde for absolutely stupid and contrived reasons and fan service.

(Tyrande having a shit character is not a good reason, neither is them being mana addicts. The latter is answered more specifically due to Nightfallen quest chain that actually shows that balance of nature and arcane is what gives the Arcan'dor power -something that fucking nature loving elves should help them out with- fuck Farodin is a fucking Night Elf for fucks sake.)
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

The reason you won’t get High Elves alongside Void Elves is because giving one development in the story would take away from the other. They both fill the Thalassiam elf role, the Void Elves just bring something actually new into the Alliance. Whereas High Elves are basically watered down blood elves and long-eared Humans. They do nothing other than serving as an antagonist for Blood Elves, a role which can now be filled by Void Elves.

I reckon High Elves will be taken out of the picture altogether soon seeing as there’s a high chance Vereesa is going to die at Teldrassil, likely with her Silver Covenant. Their demise would add more story development than their lives ever could.

- - - Updated - - -

I totally agree with you! As silver covanant is the literal last remaining high elves, and there’s nothing much that is high about them tbh no sun well or other magic font to draw any real power from. So they basically are pointy eared humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I just honestly think Void Elves should have been Horde. The literal only reason they are Alliance is because Alleria was Alliance 40/1000 years ago, the fact Nightborne are going Horde for absolutely stupid and contrived reasons and fan service.

(Tyrande having a shit character is not a good reason, neither is them being mana addicts. The latter is answered more specifically due to Nightfallen quest chain that actually shows that balance of nature and arcane is what gives the Arcan'dor power -something that fucking nature loving elves should help them out with- fuck Farodin is a fucking Night Elf for fucks sake.)
    Nightborne for horde still makes more sense than high elves just saying haha, as lady Liadrin put a hell of a lot more effort into helping them than Tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

- - - - - -

I think trying to label this as a high elf thread is unfair - it's more about explaining that we should have more sub races from a particular race rather than just one, which means in the future he'd like more dwarf allied races, orc ones and elf ones incl high elves.

Tbh, this will ikely be the future blizzard will grant, i am no longer objecting to high elves officially because there is no point, with void elves available, there is no longer any reason not to give a version of high elves like that guy suggested in his post (Silver elves, storm elves, celtic elves - i.e. a sub race based off high elves) really seems inevitable..seems a waste to keep typing angry objections, they already given the model to the alliance,, and they felt giving horde night elves was acceptable... and from what I've seen, most alliance and horde players actually like the trade, so whiles some object, blizzard ain't changing a thing , so no use arguing which is why i respectifully resign from arguing against high elves - no point. No point in hordeis feeling wounded either, Thalassian elves were first Alliance in warcraft lore and they never stopped being, even when the vast majority became blood elves, they were alliance, and when those switched, high elves remained. The Thalassian model does not belong to the horde now ally can share in it with horde able to share in the night elf world.

In my vision, void elves would have been horde, nightborne alliance, and he closest they would come to high elves would have been the half elf, but blizzard did not agree with me, and it's not like this decision is going to stop any of us from playing world of warcraft. I may be unhappy with how they placed some of the races and how much lore they invested.. but I actually am really excited subraces is now a thing in the form of allied races. Can't wait for more.
    Last edited by Mace; 2018-01-05 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think trying to label this as a high elf thread is unfair - it's more about explaining that we should have more sub races from a particular race rather than just one, which means in the future he'd like more dwarf allied races, orc ones and elf ones incl high elves.

Tbh, this will ikely be the future blizzard will grant, i am no longer objecting to high elves officially because there is no point, with void elves available, there is no longer any reason not to give a version of high elves like that guy suggested in his post (Silver elves, storm elves, celtic elves - i.e. a sub race based off high elves) really seems inevitable..seems a waste to keep typing angry objections, they already given the model to the alliance,, and they felt giving horde night elves was acceptable... and from what I've seen, most alliance and horde players actually like the trade, so whiles some object, blizzard ain't changing a thing , so no use arguing which is why i respectifully resign from arguing against high elves - no point. No point in hordeis feeling wounded either, Thalassian elves were first Alliance in warcraft lore and they never stopped being, even when the vast majority became blood elves, they were alliance, and when those switched, high elves remained. The Thalassian model does not belong to the horde now ally can share in it with horde able to share in the night elf world.

In my vision, void elves would have been horde, nightborne alliance, and he closest they would come to high elves would have been the half elf, but blizzard did not agree with me, and it's not like this decision is going to stop any of us from playing world of warcraft. I may be unhappy with how they placed some of the races and how much lore they invested.. but I actually am really excited subraces is now a thing in the form of allied races. Can't wait for more.
    I think in all honesty what was said earlier in this thread will come true, the silver covenant will die at the burning of teldrassil, those that don’t die will be happy to allow the void to power them and they will be the first to join the new ranks of void elves IMHO.

- - - Updated - - -

I also think following this, high elves will cease to exist as a race, the closest you’ll get to high elves will be blood elves and void elves will fill the role that old blood elves filled..

Deleted
    Tbh based on what is very possibly Varesssa dying in the picture of burning world tree. I wouldn't be surprised if high elfs die out. I can imagine if she's there so are the Silver Convernent. Having the Horde butcher them to the last elf would be a hell of a statement to open bfa on. Horde get vengeance for Purge of Dalaran, Allaince get a moral Highground and puts a final nail in the High elf debate.

1. Right now Blizzard is against High Elves. Of course it can change in the future, but there's no indication of that happening anytime soon.

2. The overall point is correct. However, chances are they are going to first add allied races to the base races that don't have a corresponding one yet before they go for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    However, chances are they are going to first add allied races to the base races that don't have a corresponding one yet before they go for round two.
    Bold claim: They will never make Allied Race variations of Gnomes, Goblins, Worgen, or Pandaran. There's just no reason.

Deleted
    Before they add another variation (allied race, sub-race, whatever you want to call it) to Elves, which - arguably - already got one added back in TBC, I think Orcs, Humans, Gnomes and Undead at least deserve one. Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren come second, because they were added later. What this game definitely doesn't need is more bloody elves.

the elves should be a third faction
    hit & run posting lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Before you get roasted, i just want to say: I'm with you! But Blizzard itself said there will probably never be High Elves "because they basically Blood Elves". Still hope they will change their minds about that. Or maybe will have the same argument about Wildhammer dwarfs, brown Orcs etc (because they aren't confirmed yet?)
    Well the brown orcs have been pointed out as Draernor Orcs and said by the devs that is a possibility (yeah the same guy that said that HE was not going to happen)

Note: Even though they said that HE was not going to happen, they said the same for DH, so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Yep. Blizzard may as well make silver covenant hostile to the alliance

- - - Updated - - -

All blood elves are high elves, not all high elves are blood elves.

The high elves are already in the alliance.

The demand for the playable high elves predominately stems from that players of the alliance want to play an allied non playable race.

The demand for high elves I would dare wager is far greater than the demand for void elves. (void elves who were former blood elves who were former high elves? as inclined by the OP?)

Fans of the RTS games wish for a complete faction. 23 years in the making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Bold claim: They will never make Allied Race variations of Gnomes, Goblins, Worgen, or Pandaran. There's just no reason.
    I agree with this, Furbolg should be a brand new race for the alliance. Arn't the pandaren the offshoot of furbolgs?

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    who knows, the horde maybe gets vulpera cuz we help them in zandalar, they use the goblin skeleton, so they could kinda fit the goblin variation

Void Elves are Eldritch Elves, aka Lovecraftian Elves.

Shadow Priest players who liked Elves are bound to be fond of them and High Elves are nowhere near close to that. Can we not just leave it at the fact that some people actually love the idea of Void Elves?