Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Vrykul can easily be shamans, mages, priests and paladins aswell... not sure about monk / rogue. But yes, vrykuls should definitely become character choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    I guess people in this thread who bring up the doorway issue constantly just don't read other posts. And don't know what a collision box of a character model is.
    I know what a collision box is. Tauren have been scaled down despite this. They're actually supposed to be larger than Ogres.

The size is an issue. Tauren are apparently the max limit, or else they'd be larger. And their size does occasionally create issues. There are a select few doors they can't fit through. Adding another foot of height is going to raise that number to something more widely noticeable.

Here's a random example I found, since transform items apparently don't always adjust the collision box.
    https://imgur.com/a/RBpz8

But really, these kinds of issues also come up with Bloodlust and other such things. Taller than a Tauren will create issues.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2018-01-05 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=3#post-51 be sure to bump and post in this thread, let them know how much we want ogres.
    No, because Ogres would be one of the worst races to be added, second only to Naga.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

https://m.imgur.com/a/IKQNX

Interesting sexual dimorphism...might even beat out draenei in terms of most insanely sexually dimorphic race.

While female Ogres definitely can definitely be thinner than males, but I don't think they should be made into supermodels. I think the females should be more...plump, like the female pandaren. It might be hard but it would be interesting if Blizzard could find a way to create a female model that was somewhere in between being conventionally attractive and monstrous.

Also, take away the horns...

Deleted
    I like those two, but i really think they need to add a race that can be druid to the alliance next.

Actually i'm tired of always having the usual suspect classes and druid/shaman/paladin being cordened off. Class restrictions are dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Vrykul can easily be shamans, mages, priests and paladins aswell... not sure about monk / rogue. But yes, vrykuls should definitely become character choice.
    Warriors, mages, shamans, warlocks, hunters, monks, priests and druids for sure!

For ogres I could see warriors, shamans (geomancers), hunters, rogues, mages, warlocks, monks and priests (shadow priests).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post

Interesting sexual dimorphism...might even beat out draenei in terms of most insanely sexually dimorphic race.

While female Ogres definitely can definitely be thinner than males, but I don't think they should be made into supermodels. I think the females should be more...plump, like the female pandaren. It might be hard but it would be interesting if Blizzard could find a way to create a female model that was somewhere in between being conventionally attractive and monstrous.

Or maybe a more Sarya like (Overwatch character) but with a little bit more fat.

Note: And obviously not that head.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    First of all: what race would they be connected to as allied races. Sure Vrykul=humans, but ogres? O.o Just because allied races is the new hot thing, does not mean they have to be aswell.

I would much rather have Ogres and Vrykuls be races on their own, with their own cities and starting zones.
    Warcraft 2. Where do you think Bloodlust spell came from? Hell they even should've added Ogre even before Tauren on the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Regardless of Occam's Razor, chances are that Blizzard created these huge fuckers for a reason. Kul Tiras itself seems to be mostly normal humans, but with this larger subtype mixed in.
    I'll concede (or well actually I never disagreed) that there is a CHANCE they interbred with the Drust or something similar and there is a specific reason for why they are so much bigger (if they are once development is done) beyond basic genetic drift.
    Heck I hope that is the case, so maybe I'm just being cynical when I assume I'm being realistic.

And while playable humans with such body proportions should be a thing, they would still be a poor-man's Vrykul. Before you accuse me of any bias, I have 0 interesting in rolling a Vrykul myself, regardless of what faction they join if they do. I simply recognize the wide-spread appreciation people have had for them since Wrath.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=3#post-51 be sure to bump and post in this thread, let them know how much we want ogres.
    Bump up this as well for EU servers, please. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-65

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    No, because Ogres would be one of the worst races to be added, second only to Naga.
    Oh you want another elf race for the Horde? It's been like 4 years since we got an ugly race and I want something else other than another elven race (though Nightborn are cool).

This was posted here before it deserves reposting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Or maybe a more Sarya like (Overwatch character) but with a little bit more fat.

Note: And obviously not that head.
    Zarya. It Slavic (Russian if you want) for "Dawn".
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2018-01-05 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Ogres have been part of the horde since warcraft 2. The stonemaul clan Left then rejoined in warcraft 3 and since vanilla have helped horde quest givers. Cata they expanded into Feralas and took Diremaul for themselves adding those ogres to their clan with our help. At this point they should be fairly large group that should be playable.
    Cata also brought the dunemaul clan in Tanaris into the horde. Could also just add a Draenor clan to the list if blizzard really wanted to.
    Gorudunni is not horde

Horde are going yo get red eyed non decayed forsaken and probably tattoed option maghar orcs.

Humans variant is. Duurrr spoiler kul tirasians not vrykul

The only candidate to get another racial variant would be amani trolls and wildhammer dwarves
    Last edited by anaxie; 2018-01-05 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Gorudunni is not horde

Horde are going yo get red eyed non decayed forsaken and probably tattoed option maghar orcs.

Humans variant is. Duurrr spoiler kul tirasians not vrykul

The only candidate to get another racial variant would be amani trolls and wildhammer dwarves
    They're easily manipulated though.

So I thought I'd share some research I did even though they didn't turn out in my favor just incase any other Vrykul fans found it interesting.

I wanted to make the case that Vrykul could be Paladins. Two of the three Paladin artifacts are associated with Tyr, who we know fled Northrend with loyal Vrykul followers before he died. I thought it would be a pretty easy case to have Tyr train Vrykul as the first Paladins of the Silver Hand

Unfortunately, in reading up on the Silver Hand artifact lore, it doesn't say any of the Vrykul in Tyr's Guard actually used the hammer, they just guarded it after his death. The only time wielding the Light is ever mentioned is in Part Eleven when the Vrykul are long dead, and the remaining Humans of Tyr's Guard learn from existing Paladins.

Then in the Truthguard lore, reading about Yrgrim the Winterskorn Vrykul being the original user of Truthguard seemed promising, but it turns out he is an Iron Vrykul from before the Curse of Flesh had taken hold. When watching a video of the fight against him to claim Truthguard, he doesn't use any Holy abilities, just physical attacks.

So there's no evidence Tyr trained Vrykul to be Paladins. Maybe there's still a chance Odyn could bless Vrykul with Paladin abilities since Odyn uses Holy attacks but that's a lot weaker argument than the lore-based one I was hoping for.

Luckily, Ogres will never be a playable race, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    So I thought I'd share some research I did even though they didn't turn out in my favor just incase any other Vrykul fans found it interesting.

I wanted to make the case that Vrykul could be Paladins. Two of the three Paladin artifacts are associated with Tyr, who we know fled Northrend with loyal Vrykul followers before he died. I thought it would be a pretty easy case to have Tyr train Vrykul as the first Paladins of the Silver Hand

Unfortunately, in reading up on the Silver Hand artifact lore, it doesn't say any of the Vrykul in Tyr's Guard actually used the hammer, they just guarded it after his death. The only time wielding the Light is ever mentioned is in Part Eleven when the Vrykul are long dead, and the remaining Humans of Tyr's Guard learn from existing Paladins.

Then in the Truthguard lore, reading about Yrgrim the Winterskorn Vrykul being the original user of Truthguard seemed promising, but it turns out he is an Iron Vrykul from before the Curse of Flesh had taken hold. When watching a video of the fight against him to claim Truthguard, he doesn't use any Holy abilities, just physical attacks.

So there's no evidence Tyr trained Vrykul to be Paladins. Maybe there's still a chance Odyn could bless Vrykul with Paladin abilities since Odyn uses Holy attacks but that's a lot weaker argument than the lore-based one I was hoping for.
    Vrykuls human ancestors. Ogres orc ancestors. Are they howver variations of the current race. NOPE

The only reson nightborne horde happened is to give alliance the void elf belf models. So that ests the nelf and belf variants for each race already. Checkboxes left are human and orc and forsaken and worgen.

White worgen. Arugal worgen ect and red eye nathanos or dark ranger forsaken variants. Humans and orc variants are already obvious. Kul tiras and maghar.

Gnomes and goblins left. Well see where that goes
    Last edited by anaxie; 2018-01-05 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    I'll concede (or well actually I never disagreed) that there is a CHANCE they interbred with the Drust or something similar and there is a specific reason for why they are so much bigger (if they are once development is done) beyond basic genetic drift.
    Heck I hope that is the case, so maybe I'm just being cynical when I assume I'm being realistic.

And while playable humans with such body proportions should be a thing, they would still be a poor-man's Vrykul. Before you accuse me of any bias, I have 0 interesting in rolling a Vrykul myself, regardless of what faction they join if they do. I simply recognize the wide-spread appreciation people have had for them since Wrath.
    Oh, I know they're not Vrykul. I'm just trying to judge Blizzard's intentions here and what I think they're likely to do. They already created updated Vrykul models in Legion. It'd actually probably be easier for them to just give some shrunken down Vrykul. Yet for some reason, I can't help but notice these Kul Tirans have the same vein patterns on their arms as Vrykul, yet clearly different from the standard human. Almost as they were designed off a modified Vrykul base. (Warning: Not sure how accurate this height chart is.)

They seem like they were almost designed as fat Vrykul, as others have described them. It's the kind of thing that leads me to believe Blizzard were strongly considering playable Vrykul, but thought shrinking them down would make them less imposing or something dumb like that. Vrykul aren't actually exceptionally muscular, at least not much moreso than humans, when you shrink them down. So they made something bulkier instead.

This is my own cynicism at play here. I'm of the Monkey Paw philosophy when it comes to analyzing Blizzard's game design choices. No one ever asked for Void Elves after all. There was never any prior hint that Kul Tiras was populated by these extra burly Vrykul-esque strongmen, as other people pointed out that they were never described as a nation of half-giants, but now they're apparently a major part of their population.

So, I'm saying they're probably going to give you pseudo-Vrykul. Pirates instead of vikings. Possibly with roots in an earlier form of human culture

This is my own cynicism at play here. I'm of the Monkey Paw philosophy when it comes to analyzing Blizzard's game design choices. No one ever asked for Void Elves after all. There was never any prior hint that Kul Tiras was populated by these extra burly Vrykul-esque strongmen, as other people pointed out that they were never described as a nation of half-giants, but now they're apparently a major part of their population
    The difference between bulky humans and void elves is at the latter are still Thalassian elves. They may not identify as quel'dorei, but they speak Thalassian, culturally identical to sin'dorei and quel'dorei (I would assume) and are anatomically identical. Giving us these body types of humans would be equivalent of giving people who wanted ogres fat orcs and calling it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maggux View Post
    Luckily, Ogres will never be a playable race, ever.
    What makes you say that?

The difference between bulky humans and void elves is at the latter are still Thalassian elves. They may not identify as quel'dorei, but they speak Thalassian, culturally identical to sin'dorei and quel'dorei (I would assume) and are anatomically identical. Giving us these body types of humans would be equivalent of giving people who wanted ogres fat orcs and calling it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you say that?
    They're ugly as fuck and just a very small minority of players actually wants them, most are against.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Never wanted Ogre's on horde. That shit went away with WarCraft2. Rather see something like Satyr's.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggux View Post
    They're ugly as fuck and just a very small minority of players actually wants them, most are against.
    Then why do I constantly see them up there with ethereals, high elves and naga on forum polls?