Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You'll find that a lot of players don't want to waste a perfectly good allied race slot on Blood Elves but with blue eyes while the Horde would presumably get another more unique race.
    Well we will probably get Mag'har Orcs next, but I think the Alliance will get Kul Tiran Humans at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    It would be, but this presents a nice middle ground for those that care about the Helf story and could bridge the gap between Helf and Velf.

Though I'm with you. I'm by no means a Helf fan.
    They won't be satisfied with anything that isn't a blood elf clone.

You linked polls from fansites and or fan threads. When those polls are hosted or made exclusively through Blizzard and Blizzards hands, I'll put faith in them then.
    Yeah but what polls? i have yet to see them linked.

Deleted
    You'll find that a lot of players don't want to waste a perfectly good allied race slot on Blood Elves but with blue eyes while the Horde would presumably get another more unique race.
    There are no slots for Allied races. They will add as many as they want and as many as they can add.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    There are no slots for Allied races. They will add as many as they want and as many as they can add.
    There is time between a new allied race and another. Point remains.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is making the reasonable assumption they will come in pairs, one for each faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't have the High Elves as a customization option for Void Elves, cause they'd still be called Void Elves ingame. They need to be a separate thing. And it's not hard to do. They can add additional Allied Races. They're gonna add Wildhammer eventually. So then there'll be 3 Dwarf options. So nothing wrong with having another Elf option. At least it will be the one that players actually wanted.
    That's why i said that they could:

A) Add them as Void Elf (make the HE join the VE and become VE)

B) Give the HE a new model (Unlikely, i don't think even the HE fans would like that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    He is making the reasonable assumption they will come in pairs, one for each faction.
    And?

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    That's why i said that they could:

A) Add them as Void Elf
    Fucking stop already. They are not Void Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    B) Give the HE a new model (Unlikely, i don't think even the HE fans would like that)
    Just.

Add.

High Elves.

What is so hard about that?

Just.

Add.

High Elves.

What is so hard about that?
    They already added Void Elves.

Because High Elves weren't unique enough.

Deleted
    Players who want to play Trolls, Tauren or Dwarfs now have one more option each. Players who want to play Elves can choose among four different flavours. FOUR. Four types of elves is already overkill. They will not get a fifth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking stop already. They are not Void Elves.
    I was going with options, and one of them could be that the HE join the VE and eventually start dealing with the same type of magic, making them VE in the end, but oks, regardless of what i say, you are not going to change your stand, so i'm going to leave it as it is.

Note: Again, i'm not saying that HE are impossible, just giving options of how they may come (as VE are an obvious replacement for HE -at least that was the intention, regardless if it was truly a replacement for the fans of them)

Deleted
    They already added Void Elves.

Because High Elves weren't unique enough.
    Not an argument. There is nothing unique about Alliance Pandaren or Horde Pandaren. People don't want unique, they want High Elves. What. is. so. hard. to. understand. about. that.

Deleted
    Those arguments are so stupid and butthurt it hurts.

Not an argument. There is nothing unique about Alliance Pandaren or Horde Pandaren. People don't want unique, they want High Elves. What. is. so. hard. to. understand. about. that.
    Horde and Alliance Pandaren were added as a full race at the same time so both factions got the exact same thing at the same time. Maybe if Blood Elves were added to the Horde and High Elves to the Alliance simultaneously.

Because it's a vocal minority that wants High Elves. What. Is. So. Hard. To. Understand. About. That?

Because they haven't been made. What you linked were handled, made, and posted/shared on fan sites by fans.

An example. Let's say I wanted to poll my county (not country) as to which party they would be voting for. I go to my local post office and ask that I have a poll distributed to those WITHIN my county that asks are you voting Democratic or Republican? And it comes back favoring one or the other, doesn't matter which. Is that a reflection of the Country or the County?

These polls are from fansites that only deal with a minority of the overall base. If it were a poll specifically handled through Blizzard and their app, I would have more faith in the results. What I'm calling into question is the polls validity due to the limited amount of people it's reaching.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759322083 that poll was created on official forum by unbiased person, who didnt even mention high elves in his post, he just added them to that poll.

Deleted
    Horde and Alliance Pandaren were added as a full race at the same time so both factions got the exact same thing at the same time. Maybe if Blood Elves were added to the Horde and High Elves to the Alliance simultaneously.
    So add High Elves to the Alliance and an Alliance race to the Horde? Maybe, they could give them... I don't give a shit what they give them. It doesn't matter. They can give them furless Worgen for all I care.

Because it's a vocal minority that wants High Elves. What. Is. So. Hard. To. Understand. About. That?
    Any race is going to be wanted by a minority. Alliance players are at best 50% of the playerbase. Probably less. Then you realize that all players already have a main with a certain race, so they might not care about any race being added at all. Then you count out all the players that just don't care about the particular race cause it isn't their flavour. You are left with a low percentage of players that will play that race. Do you think Goblins are played by a majority of WoW players? Do you think over 50% of players play Goblins? Do you think a majority of players wants Dark Irons? Or Void Elves? Are you really trying to convince me Alliance players want Void Elves more than the race they have been asking to be added to the game for 13 years now?

No race is needed, but there is a difference between being desirable and needed. High elves are still quite desirable by the looks of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So add High Elves to the Alliance and an Alliance race to the Horde? Maybe, they could give them... I don't give a shit what they give them. It doesn't matter. They can give them furless Worgen for all I care.
    Wait maybe you are on to something here. Let's think this true.

Hmm...a thalassian elf on the Alliance. Doable, possibly.

But how?

We would need to give an Alliance race of equal weight to the Horde. But which one? It can't be Humans. Too central to the lore of the Alliance. But it can't be an unpopular race either.

Night Elves are the only ones that make any sort of sense in terms of popularity but in terms of story there is no way we could possibly do it.

Why don't we alter these Horde Night Elves (we'll call them Nightborne) a bit? Maybe they could be addicted to magic like the Highborne of old. Maybe give them some physical alterations...now seed them in our next expansion, the one before we add in the thalassian elves to the Alliance and bingo! We have a race to give to the Horde.

Yeah but giving the High Elves to the Alliance isn't going to work. They're pretty much already playable as Blood Elves on the Horde...why don't we do to some High Elves what we did to the Night Elves with Nightborne. Take the model...add a new theme. What could it be? Oh wait, we are going for a whole void versus light angle so why don't we make these High Elves based around the void.

And a few physical alterations and...done. Void Elves!

That was a very good idea you had Anduin. It took on a life of it's own as it went along though.

Any race is going to be wanted by a minority. Alliance players are at best 50% of the playerbase. Probably less. Then you realize that all players already have a main with a certain race, so they might not care about any race being added at all. Then you count out all the players that just don't care about the particular race cause it isn't their flavour. You are left with a low percentage of players that will play that race. Do you think Goblins are played by a majority of WoW players? Do you think over 50% of players play Goblins? Do you think a majority of players wants Dark Irons? Or Void Elves? Are you really trying to convince me Alliance players want Void Elves more than the race they have been asking to be added to the game for 13 years now?
    Alliance players have been asking for a core Horde race and should count themselves damn lucky they got anything as close as Void Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    All I can say for this is if Blizz had added Helves ALL of my characters would have been paid race changed whether I played them or not, but since it's a Velf I may level one but I won't be changing any of my chars Blizz lost lots of opportunity but its not to say they didnt gain some either.

I know a lot of people who have found the Velf "solution" an insult and have completely stopped playing because they didnt get what they were hoping for makes me sad I lost friends over this debacle.
    It makes me more sad they literally waited thirteen years for something that was obviously not coming as far back as 2005.

No sad is the wrong word.

Bemused. That's the word I am looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I knew you'd reply so quickly but their words were "It's a slap ion the face after all the teasing over many expansions" These guys were die hard Alliance fans so there was no way in hell they'd play Horde.
    I'm sure all your Alliance buddies who were desperate to play Orcs then were equally disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you can completely understand how they feels I know its 13 years late but at least the Horde are getting the Orcs they've always wanted.
    Have your friends thought about trying an MMO where Humans and High Elves are on the same side?

LOTRO literally added High Elves in their last expansion.