Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Wowhead mining show a change to the illusion spell in the misc spell changes, so it looks like it *is* staying but is no longer a Nightborne racial. I assume its prob going to be a toy afterall.

The Force shield is hardly OP, its pretty much useless on a ranged class and any melee already has better snares. The dmg is also low and was reduced in this build from 5k to 4k also, think its staying right where it is.
    it lasts 20 seconds and slows for 50%, that's not going to be fun to deal with on any ranged class. any melee worth a damn will be able to stick to you while it's up.

it'll be fun to use it on shithead druids trying to be annoying and carry the flag with their unending form shifting.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it lasts 20 seconds and slows for 50%, that's not going to be fun to deal with on any ranged class. any melee worth a damn will be able to stick to you while it's up.

it'll be fun to use it on shithead druids trying to be annoying and carry the flag with their unending form shifting.
    It's not going to play a big role in BGs because one on ones are short-lived and when you are trying to slow a fleeing FC in N to M, the limit on the snare is not 20 seconds but rather how long you can live and stay close to the FC (plus there are dispels and all other things).

The real effect is in arenas. The ability does look juicy, but I'd reserve the final say until testing.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It's not going to play a big role in BGs because one on ones are short-lived and when you are trying to slow a fleeing FC in N to M, the limit on the snare is not 20 seconds but rather how long you can live and stay close to the FC (plus there are dispels and all other things).

The real effect is in arenas. The ability does look juicy, but I'd reserve the final say until testing.
    idk about you, but i get a lot of one on one time with fc's. gotta be on top of that shit.

i consider it a personal failure if they make it to mid even.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Wouldn't have to wait any longer than we had to on DH's, so I stand by my statement
    Pretty much. Although I think you've got it the wrong way around, in that they'll probably be accessible for people who pre-order during 7.3.5 and have met the rep requirements, and then everyone else who hasn't pre-ordered in 8.0.

Its still irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, a 50% snare that lasts 10mins makes no difference if you get peeled off the target your trying to stick to over and over. Outside of casual BGs, you shouldn't be given any opportunities to solo flag carriers in the open or sit on a priority target without getting stunned/rooted/snared yourself/grip'd/cycloned/pushed etc.

Hamstring lasts 15secs and snares by 50%
    Chains of Ice lasts 8secs and snares by 70% (can be applied from range too, but can be dispelled)
    Frostbrand lasts 3secs and snares by 50% (but is applied by all auto attacks)
    Crippling Poison lasts 12secs and snares by 50% (applied by auto attacks on proc, but can be dispelled)
    Judgement of Justice prevents faster than normal movement and lasts 20secs (can be dispelled though)
    Earthbind lasts 20secs if you stay within its radius and snares by 50% (can be dispelled, can move out of radius and can kill totem)

So there is an example of some of the snares that are equally as potent in duration or snare strength, some applied by autos, some applied from range, some deal damage on application and almost all of them with zero CD!(this is the important part here)

The Nightborne racial is a 3min cooldown, that deals insignificant damage and applies basically a 50% melee range snare aura. At best it saves a global for the melee classes that need one to apply their snare and only gives value if you manage to reach your target and stay on it for >10secs where you would otherwise have needed to apply your own snare twice.... Its definitely not OP in any sense.
    Last edited by Khrux; 2018-01-05 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Pretty much. Although I think you've got it the wrong way around, in that they'll probably be accessible for people who pre-order during 7.3.5 and have met the rep requirements, and then everyone else who hasn't pre-ordered in 8.0.
    I guess that works too. It would make me sad though, because I don't really do preordering

I guess that works too. It would make me sad though, because I don't really do preordering
    I think a lot of people would probably feel the same, especially when it's only usually for a pet and a mount. Unlocking 4 new races early though... i can bet their pre-order numbers would be their highest.

You probably just missed this code from december:

Code:
    ---------------------------------------------
    -- CharCreateRaceButton script functions
    function CharCreateRaceButton_OnEnter(self)
    	local raceData = C_CharacterCreation.GetRaceDataByID(self.raceID);
    	if (raceData.isAlliedRace) then
    		local hasExpansion, hasAchievement = C_CharacterCreation.GetAlliedRaceCreationRequirements(self.raceID);
    		CharacterCreateTooltip:SetOwner(self, "ANCHOR_RIGHT", 8, -5);
    		CharacterCreateTooltip:SetText(raceData.name, 1, 1, 1, 1, true);
    		if (not hasExpansion) then
    			CharacterCreateTooltip:AddLine(CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_8_0, RED_FONT_COLOR.r, RED_FONT_COLOR.g, RED_FONT_COLOR.b, 1, true);
    		end
    		if (not hasAchievement) then
    			CharacterCreateTooltip:AddLine(CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_ACHIEVEMENT, RED_FONT_COLOR.r, RED_FONT_COLOR.g, RED_FONT_COLOR.b, 1, true);
    		end	
    	end
    end

function CharCreateRaceButton_OnLeave(self)
    	CharacterCreateTooltip:Hide();
    end

finalizeRequirements:AddRequirement(FINALIZE_REQ_ALLIED_RACE_EXPANSION, CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_8_0);

finalizeRequirements:AddRequirement(FINALIZE_REQ_ALLIED_RACE_ACHIEVEMENT, CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_ACHIEVEMENT);

idk about you, but i get a lot of one on one time with fc's. gotta be on top of that shit.

You talking about RBGs ?
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-01-05 at 05:30 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

That's terrible FCs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    I think a lot of people would probably feel the same, especially when it's only usually for a pet and a mount. Unlocking 4 new races early though... i can bet their pre-order numbers would be their highest.
    It makes it more enticing, but I would still wait. I am kind of addicted to physical media, especially when it comes to Blizzard games (they make some great boxes) but yeah, I imagine a lot of people will be won over by the allied races

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post

Code:
    -- CharCreateRaceButton script functions
    function CharCreateRaceButton_OnEnter(self)
    	local raceData = C_CharacterCreation.GetRaceDataByID(self.raceID);
    	if (raceData.isAlliedRace) then
    		local hasExpansion, hasAchievement = C_CharacterCreation.GetAlliedRaceCreationRequirements(self.raceID);
    		CharacterCreateTooltip:SetOwner(self, "ANCHOR_RIGHT", 8, -5);
    		CharacterCreateTooltip:SetText(raceData.name, 1, 1, 1, 1, true);
    		if (not hasExpansion) then
    			CharacterCreateTooltip:AddLine(CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_8_0, RED_FONT_COLOR.r, RED_FONT_COLOR.g, RED_FONT_COLOR.b, 1, true);
    		end
    		if (not hasAchievement) then
    			CharacterCreateTooltip:AddLine(CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_ACHIEVEMENT, RED_FONT_COLOR.r, RED_FONT_COLOR.g, RED_FONT_COLOR.b, 1, true);
    		end	
    	end
    end

function CharCreateRaceButton_OnLeave(self)
    	CharacterCreateTooltip:Hide();
    end

finalizeRequirements:AddRequirement(FINALIZE_REQ_ALLIED_RACE_EXPANSION, CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_8_0);

finalizeRequirements:AddRequirement(FINALIZE_REQ_ALLIED_RACE_ACHIEVEMENT, CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_ACHIEVEMENT);
    I did indeed... thanks! Though that's kinda depressing, means we have to wait for 8.0. ...unless it is purposely wrong. Why else add all this stuff in the 7.3.5 patch? And Blizz is really going to lock the biggest selling point of the expansion behind achievements of outdated content?

I did indeed... thanks! Though that's kinda depressing, means we have to wait for 8.0. ...unless it is purposely wrong. Why else add all this stuff in the 7.3.5 patch? And Blizz is really going to lock the biggest selling point of the expansion behind achievements of outdated content?
    It's not outdated, it's current if they come out during 7.3.5. pre-purchase.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

It makes it more enticing, but I would still wait. I am kind of addicted to physical media, especially when it comes to Blizzard games (they make some great boxes) but yeah, I imagine a lot of people will be won over by the allied races
    Same... it's why I end up getting the Collectors Edition as well, and then gifting the deluxe to a friend xD

7+ Year Old Account
    About the code, it says absolutely nothing. The CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_8_0 is in the output. The hasExpansion part is important.
    All depends on when hasExpansion returns true - whether it is on having the license (purchasing it) or if that is irrelevant and it'll only return true after the expansion launches, regardless of license state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    About the code, it says absolutely nothing. The CHARACTER_CREATION_REQUIREMENTS_NEED_8_0 is in the output. The hasExpansion part is important.
    All depends on when hasExpansion returns true - whether it is on having the license (purchasing it) or if that is irrelevant and it'll only return true after the expansion launches, regardless of license state.
    This pretty much!

Also hi guys, I hope you're all doing well, Happy New Year to you all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Out of interest where does that code come from? As in how was it accessed? As a programmer it interests me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post
    Stalker. /tenchars
    it was so desperate it created a thread on the official forums to feel something
    (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760627858)

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Also alleria has no signs of being fully a void elf yet, physically atleast.
    What? have you ignored the cinematic in Seat of the Triumvirate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Aww man they changed the Ogmot text.
    well the context is still the same the wording is just better now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    And where is your source on that? No where. Fummockelchen must know inside information to be that arrogant about something we all know nothing about.
    So you still ignore blizzcon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Also hi guys, I hope you're all doing well, Happy New Year to you all!
    Welcome back Charles!

if i udnerstood the code correctly it basically is this:

in 8.0 you can get the 4 allied races iin 7.3.5 but if you preorder you get them in 7.3.5 as opposed to waiting til 8.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Pretty much this. That's why I'm not sold on it being purely 8.0 because that code is very much open for interpretation and not a solid 8.0 requirement. It comes down to what the condition is and when/what is required for it to be met.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    What? have you ignored the cinematic in Seat of the Triumvirate?
    She absorbed void magic, but it didnt make her void elf. Later you can even see her, that she still looks like normal high elf.. She is totally different from those void elves, who are half ethereals or something.