Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It degrades their moral fibre. Or something.

I dunno, go watch Reefer Madness.
    If you eat it, it can help you with your dietary fiber.

It degrades their moral fibre. Or something.

I dunno, go watch Reefer Madness.
    We need to stop the insane number of 0 deaths from all these marijuana overdoses each year. We also need to protect pharmaceutical companies and their drugs which are killing millions of people because marijuana could threatened their profits. How can you brush aside their suffering?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We need to stop the insane number of 0 deaths from all these marijuana overdoses each year. We also need to protect pharmaceutical companies and their drugs which are killing millions of people because marijuana could threatened their profits. How can you brush aside their suffering?
    Don't forget, we also need to protect good old southern institutions from falling to the temptation of marijuana since it's the one thing that separates them from the undesirable elements in society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Pot has less negatives than some other drugs, and even some positive effects. But it also can make you lazy, apathetic, and paranoid, not to mention psychologically (not physically) addicted to it.
    So... pot is gaming?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So... pot is gaming?
    And caffine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    So not really addictive, just a habit that you’ve worked into being routine? Good to know.
    Yeah pretty much just habit forming. Same as anything is that you enjoy.

I feel for you guys. It's like you've gone 1 step forward now going 3 steps back. Hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems, but I think it goes without saying, you've gotta fight this shit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    And caffine.
    And sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    And sugar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    And caffine.
    Technically, both are physically addicting and don’t cause you to be lazy, unless you are crashing. Neither quite fits, since they are worse than the listed problems.

Sugar is a great comparison to pot. Not only is it a drug that is responsible for a hell of a lot more death and disease than pot. The US government subsidizes corn farming, as a way to save farms, to the extent that corn syrup is in just about every produced food you can find. Not only is it more damaging than pot, we as tax payers, pay farmers for producing corn syrup.

Edit: In case you are wondering why pot is then illegal and sugar isn’t. One was culturally established, the other was a way for rich folks (Rockefellers) to drum up news paper sales, with stories of deranged Mexicans and black people on pot, murdering white men and tricking white women into servitude.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-01-05 at 04:31 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What damage does pot cause to a healthy adult?
    Considering it's Deruyter you're quoting -- Smoking marijuana leads to having tattoos and piercings...and we can't have those!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Don't forget using hemp in a lot of different products. Part of the reason pot was made legal was it was threatening the paper industry, among many of the other "reasons" politicians created decades ago.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

So do we have info on how this statement interacts with the provision in our budget that literally will not allow the DOJ to prosecute people who are complying with state laws that the DOJ has no authority to overturn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What damage does pot cause to a healthy adult?
    Well if you're smoking it then it's pretty unhealthy, but there are other methods of ingestion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So do we have info on how this statement interacts with the provision in our budget that literally will not allow the DOJ to prosecute people who are complying with state laws that the DOJ has no authority to overturn?
    Does federal law Trump (no pun intended state law when it comes to drugs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Don't forget using hemp in a lot of different products. Part of the reason pot was made legal was it was threatening the paper industry, among many of the other "reasons" politicians created decades ago.
    I think you meant illegal if so I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

Does federal law Trump (no pun intended state law when it comes to drugs?
    Federal law trumps DOJ memos. Again, it's the federal budget that prevents the DOJ from using any money to prosecute people following state laws (admittedly, for medical marijuana only I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    I've been a smoker for 25 years and it is addictive. Only in the same sense as chocolate, coffee and TV is addictive.
    Anything can be psychologically addicting. Anything. And thus, that is not a valid argument for anything.

Pot has been shown to not be physically addicting and that's the part that we should be concerned about from a regulation/legalization perspective.

Also, in relation to some other posters it appears some folks still, somehow, think prohibition is effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Anything can be psychologically addicting. Anything. And thus, that is not a valid argument for anything.

Pot has been shown to not be physically addicting and that's the part that we should be concerned about from a regulation/legalization perspective.

Also, in relation to some other posters it appears some folks still, somehow, think prohibition is effective.
    I smoked everyday about an 1/8 sometimes more for over 20 years. I quit about 3 years ago. The first two weeks that I quit I had terribly vivid nightmares. Prior to that I rarely if ever remembered a dream. Probably because I went to sleep very stoned. I didn't have physical withdrawls or anything like that. Just the crazy nightmares that went away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I smoked everyday about an 1/8 sometimes more for over 20 years. I quit about 3 years ago. The first two weeks that I quit I had terribly vivid nightmares. Prior to that I rarely if ever remembered a dream. Probably because I went to sleep very stoned. I didn't have physical withdrawls or anything like that. Just the crazy nightmares that went away.
    When I take a break, I too get those crazy vivid dreams.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really say that's surprising. Pot after all is a mind altering substance. Going cold turkey on that I'm assuming would have some changes -- such as the dreams. Sucks they were nightmares though. Too bad you couldn't have really vivid awesome dreams.

But, as you stated it wasn't physical withdrawl.

On January 1st, California legalized recreational marijuana. Fox News went nuts and since all Donny Orange Turd does is watch TV and set policy according to Fox, he calls up Sessions.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

That just tells us you did a lot of horrible things and it's just your conscience getting back at you.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s amazing... you never went on vacation for 20 years, without pot? I find that very hard to believe...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    That just tells us you did a lot of horrible things and it's just your conscience getting back at you.
    To each his own... I smoke every day, have spent at least a week of vacation just about every year, without any side effects. I get super moody without nicotine for a few hours... I was on vacation for 3 weeks this summer... 0 side effect... same sleep pattern... and I learned how to buy cigarettes in 3 different languages...

Edit: Like most people, when I say smoke every day, I mean life happens. Like most people, I assume that you go without for prolonged periods of time. Maybe visiting the folks, a job trip, maybe you were in an accident. For @lockedout to be literally stoned every day for 20 years is amazing. I kind of thought most people meant it figuratively.
    Last edited by Felya; 2018-01-06 at 06:40 AM.