Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Zenyatta is handily the second best healer in the game, partly because he works well with Mercy right now.

Anyways Mercy nerfs are on PTR.

Mercy
    Ult Rez duration changed to 15 seconds

Only one rez even in ult. Doesn't reset.

Rez takes long time to cast(like ability version) even when in ult

Valk GA speed is decreased
    That is a shame. Honestly I rather have an OP hero than a boring one.

I think Mercy has the second most fun Ultimate in the game, after D.Va (sending in the bomb over a ledge or something and hoping you blow up people is so much fun )
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I've had several games today where we needed a mercy and we had not one but 2 mercy mains, both were not on mercy and we proceeded to lose, clearly they were trolling by not playing their best hero but of course thats not troling by blizzards definition, but the b igger question is why has it been for almost, 4 months n ow? that if you have no mercy and enemy team has one your going to lose 90% of matches, are they oblivious to this?
    I have a very difficult time with this sentiment. As a mercy main with over 250 hours on her. The last month I pretty much absolutely avoid playing mercy for multiple reasons.

Since the original rework (Which was an absolute horrible rework IMHO) she has been nerfed about every 2-3 weeks. So why would I want to play a character that is constantly getting nerfed. Fuck everytime I get on Mercy she is differnet. Oh you took away another one of my rezzes? Oh you increased my ult charge? Oh you added a slow and cast time to my rez? Oh you added that slow and cast time to my rez during ult? Oh you took 25% off my ult time? Oh you took my additional rez away from my ult?

It's gotten so bad that i dont even want to play her till not only till she is in a better place but more importantly where i wont have to relearn her every 2-3 weeks because foolish DPS dont understand how to kill the easiest hero to kill in the history of overwatch heros.

Since then i've recently picked of Moira. And my goodness is she way too much fun. And in most games i get the same if not more healing (about 1000-1300 healing per minute)

Edit:

So please understand a great deal of Mercy mains just dont want to play her due to the fact that she has been changed so many times over the last few months that its not even fun playing her. Because one week you might start to enjoy her changes only to find out in a few weeks those changes will be gone. Mercy mains arnt trolling when they dont want to play Mercy even though she is still very much needed and wanted. Please understand a great deal of Mercy mains just arnt feeling her as a character she has had a great deal of her fun aspect taken away or stunted and she has been changed so frequently that a great deal of us just dont want to play her till she is stable.
    Last edited by shifu; 2018-01-05 at 01:28 PM.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Which for 18 months or more was never a balance issue.
    I might not be a pro, but Mercy has pretty much been a must-have since the release. The fat single target healing on esp tanks coupled with res has just always been super good.

I've never seen a duo of Ana + Zenyatta do well, it's pretty much always Mercy + some hybrid.
    Last edited by mmoc0fe1241b18; 2018-01-05 at 01:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    Fuck everytime I get on Mercy she is differnet. Oh you took away another one of my rezzes? Oh you increased my ult charge? Oh you added a slow and cast time to my rez? Oh you added that slow and cast time to my rez during ult? Oh you took 25% off my ult time? Oh you took my additional rez away from my ult?
    You can blame the players for this, with the nonsense of claiming she is OP and a "Must pick or you lose" hero, sorry I have won a ton of games where I didn't have a Mercy and the other team did and I have lost a ton of games where the other team didn't have one but we did...........players are killing this game and they won't be happy until every hero has the same kit and mobility turning it into CoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    I might not be a pro, but Mercy has pretty much been a must-have since the release
    What game have you been playing? For a while it was Ana basically solo healing during 3 tank meta which went on for 2 seasons and before that was Lucio and Zen........last season and this season is really where Mercy started being picked more.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I actually found Moira more annoying than Mercy, dont know why nerfing so hard. If she was op at something, it was flying speed and regen, those things should be nerfed. But she got gutted af

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    I actually found Moira more annoying than Mercy, dont know why nerfing so hard. If she was op at something, it was flying speed and regen, those things should be nerfed. But she got gutted af
    She was fine this time around other than her ult time needed to be reduced from 20 seconds to something a little lower, and I say "fine" but really I hate the cast time and the being super slow while rezing so you can't even break away when inevitably getting your ass shot dead.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Which for 18 months or more was never a balance issue.
    It's kindof the same deal with Murky in HotS. The hero is extremely tedious to deal with. But you have to deal with them, otherwise the punishment can be severe. A hero that does 1 thing so very well, but are otherwise in a poor spot are poorly designed. It sucks having to divert 1 player to just go hunt Murky's egg and then be quick enough to kill the little menace before the timer's out and he just places a new one and gets 3 sec. res timer...back to square one.

If you don't do it, he'll mow down whichever lane he gets to farm in and if you don't overwhelmingly win, it's gg. Sure, this is possible entirely. But how is it engaging? It isn't. The enemy team is either 'down a player' for every teamfight and fight at disadvantage, so if they lose, they blame Murky. If Murky wins them the game, then it's because the enemy team either ignored or couldn't spare a player to just babysit him.

If Mercy just sits around and waits to ult someone to undo whatever went down to kill a player, and nobody goes after her because it's super tedious in an otherwise fast-paced game, she nullifies both the time and resources gone into killing that player. She is ONLY good because of the res. 1 trick pony. A very good 1 trick. The pony not so much. The res needs to be nerfed or re-worked, and the rest of her kit needs a re-balance or re-work.

Some people like playing Murky/Mercy, and that's fine. A lot of people don't. Some for valid reasons. Team-based games need team-members. When the go-to strategies becomes to remove themselves entirely from the team to do something else, or just wait until they have relevance, that's pretty poor... Rather shitty for people who feel forced to do it in the case of Mercy, because she can turn fights so easily with that res. If both teams are fairly equal, enemy team is a bit better, so they're currently winning, they finally kill the MVP, Mercy resses, back to square one and down on resources...unless they were so much better that they didn't waste important resources and could fight it out until Mercy pressed a button. In which case Mercy is useless other than extending time.

There are some discrepancies there that should be remedied, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The res needs to be nerfed or re-worked, and the rest of her kit needs a re-balance or re-work.
    You mean becoming so easy to kill during rez that it's stupid? Because she is, and it is going into her ult now too, welcome to Mercy being on life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    You mean becoming so easy to kill during rez that it's stupid? Because she is, and it is going into her ult now too, welcome to Mercy being on life support.
    Then it needs a re-work. She's a poorly designed hero in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Then it needs a re-work. She's a poorly designed hero in my opinion.
    She was fine before Mercy 2.0 but DPS had to bitch and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    I've had several games today where we needed a mercy and we had not one but 2 mercy mains, both were not on mercy and we proceeded to lose, clearly they were trolling by not playing their best hero but of course thats not troling by blizzards definition, but the b igger question is why has it been for almost, 4 months n ow? that if you have no mercy and enemy team has one your going to lose 90% of matches, are they oblivious to this?
    Pretty sure if one of them had gone mercy and y'all had lost then this would be a thread complaining about "Mercy One-Tricks" being unable to play other heroes.

Iif you really hate Mercy, play Hanzo. She is a scattersponge because of her shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah that's true, but with Mercy ress there is no counter. Or better, you can't counter the Ability. Yeah you can counter the Hero by killing her, but you can't do nothing against the ability itself.

You can destroy, negate, prevent shielding, healing and barriers with Hero abilities or Ultimares, but you can't do this with a Ress. Once it's ressed, it's ressed. Your only counter is to perma kill Mercy.
    Any knock back interrupts her rez and puts the ability on CD.

Hope this patch goes live before OWL begins at least, Mercy (and Junkrat too till some extent) made the game look so much worse than it has to be.

I'd honestly be happy if the hero is never viable at higher levels of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope this patch goes live before OWL begins at least, Mercy (and Junkrat too till some extent) made the game look so much worse than it has to be.

I'd honestly be happy if the hero is never viable at higher levels of play.
    That's just asinine.

That's just asinine.
    Perhaps it is, but Mercy being required in pretty much every match while she's the most brain dead no mechanical skill required hero in the game is the first thing that made me consider quitting the game.

I'm just being honest and I want Blizzard to stop catering to shitters at lower ranks who don't have any grasp of how the game should be balanced.

Brings me right back to the absolutely insane whining about D.Va's changes to DM.

She was fine before Mercy 2.0 but DPS had to bitch and complain.
    They didn't give two shits about the DPS complaining, they hated the "hide for rez" mercy gameplay that 1.0 fostered.

They just need to get rid of res and give her something else. You can't balance around it without it being OP or dead weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can blame the players for this, with the nonsense of claiming she is OP and a "Must pick or you lose" hero, sorry I have won a ton of games where I didn't have a Mercy and the other team did and I have lost a ton of games where the other team didn't have one but we did...........players are killing this game and they won't be happy until every hero has the same kit and mobility turning it into CoD.

- - - Updated - - -

What game have you been playing? For a while it was Ana basically solo healing during 3 tank meta which went on for 2 seasons and before that was Lucio and Zen........last season and this season is really where Mercy started being picked more.
    You are absolutely spot on there my friend. It alsmost seems as if you have a child and their parent. And every time the child bitches, whines, and moans about something. Instead of the parent holding their ground and putting the child in their place. They just cave and give into the child because its easier to give them what they want. Then opposed to just telling them to nut up and shut up and deal with it.

However that being said i agree Mercy was super overpowered with here new rework at first. But it just seems they have slowly gutted and took away a large amount of her belt to the point where she feels clunky and lacking. I really wish they would rework her with no rez and give her another healing ability. I dont speak for all Mercys but for myself since the rework her new mobility has been the joy of her class not her rez. Before the rework the rez was the joy of playing mercy with some cool mobility. But obviously i dont speak for everyone. And I'm sure just the thought of removing rez would trigger a large majorty of mercy mains.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Deleted
    Perhaps it is, but Mercy being required in pretty much every match while she's the most brain dead no mechanical skill required hero in the game is the first thing that made me consider quitting the game.

I'm just being honest and I want Blizzard to stop catering to shitters at lower ranks who don't have any grasp of how the game should be balanced.

Brings me right back to the absolutely insane whining about D.Va's changes to DM.
    This is why people are complaining. Mercy is the easiest hero to play by miles but she has a game-breaking ability and is incredible hard to kill during her ult unless you deadeye or aimbot her down. And using her ult requires no specific skill.

This is also why nobody is impressed by seeing Grandmaster Mercy's. Everyone who can reach GM by using different characters can reach it with Mercy. Nobody is impressed by it and actually spectating higher ranked Mercy's is boring as fuck.

I would've been fine if they simply kept the insta res during valkyrie but lowered her ult duration to 12 seconds or so. If you have 6 people being healed by a valk Mercy, you might aswell hold back for 20 seconds cuz it's pointless.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2018-01-05 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They didn't give two shits about the DPS complaining, they hated the "hide for rez" mercy gameplay that 1.0 fostered.

They just need to get rid of res and give her something else. You can't balance around it without it being OP or dead weight.
    Correction, the DPS bitched about the mega rez because "it negated my kills boohoo and I can't be assed to kill her" and demanded she get a rework and Blizzard being Blizzard caved into the crying just like they do in WoW.