Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It is you who claimed that purists are a minority, so it is up to you to backup that claim. Logic 101 m8
    I never claimed anything, maybe look who you are quoting, I just challenged your counter claim with actual proof.

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    1) Authenticators
    2) Updated Graphics / Models
    3) WoW Tokens
    The first one definitely, the other two im not so sure about.
    I also suspect we will see the trade within 2 hours feature on any drops. I very much doubt they will go back to having gms manually moving items if distributed wrongly.
    They will probably add the restore item function for classic aswell. As again, its a convenience feature on blizzards side to have an automated system for it.
    Adding a custom grp finder feature is also a possibility. This one will probobly dpend on player feedback thou. Wether ppl prefer a lfg world channel over the feature or not.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2018-01-05 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Because of peoples' ego. In their mind the game can't possibly exist without being modernized because they themselves are so used to the main game. They feel like they won't enjoy it unless changes are made to suit their individual needs. It's actually a good indication that said person has virtually no imagination. They can't imagine a scenario where a Classic, grass-roots version of the game can exist. It's not because Classic inherently needs changes. TO hide their inability to imagine such a scenario, they claim the game would simply fail if not updated.

Or, and I think in many of these "They need to change this in Vanilla" threads....people who want all these things never played Vanilla. I laugh when someone says "When I played...blah blah blah" and then find out they're 20-21. That would mean they played when they were 7 or 8? Nah...not buying it. I played Vanilla and I think they should leave it exactly the way it was.....don't think I'll be playing however. Go back to hunters joys of running wild (what a joke) having to carry ammo, worry your pet would die if it got pissed at you. Live the days of standing in the major cities spamming in trade chat when you need a group. And oh dear god....no flying...what ever will they do? Leave it...just leave it and let them experience it or it isn't Vanilla.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    I never claimed anything, maybe look who you are quoting, I just challenged your counter claim with actual proof.
    Yeah right, quoted the wrong person, my bad. Still, I wasn't making any counterclaim, I'm just asking for proof of this claim of purists being a minority. I don't know whether they are a majority or a minority, but if somebody comes and says with 100% certainty that

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    to please a small, loud, extremely vocal minority.
    then I wonder where his/her data comes from, or if (s)he is just talking out of some body cavity.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-01-05 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The first one definitely, the other two im not so sure about.
    I also suspect we will see the trade within 2 hours feature on any drops. I very much doubt they will go back to having gms manually moving items if distributed wrongly.
    They will probably add the restore item function for classic aswell. As again, its a convenience feature on blizzards side to have an automated system for it.
    Adding a custom grp finder feature is also a possibility. This one will probobly dpend on player feedback thou. Wether ppl prefer a lfg world channel over the feature or not.
    I really like that you mentioned that. I never even thought about it. And in all honestly I feel there is a great deal of positives to adding that very simple yet non intrusive change. However I'm sure that will be met with some form of "No" from a purist for the sake of saying no. If anyone else could give a negative approach to this i would love to hear it! But that being said I dont see how that would do nothing but benefit the community. At the very least it would take a great deal of stress off the loot distributor that if they fucked up they wouldn't get crucified lol.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Or, and I think in many of these "They need to change this in Vanilla" threads....people who want all these things never played Vanilla. I laugh when someone says "When I played...blah blah blah" and then find out they're 20-21. That would mean they played when they were 7 or 8? Nah...not buying it. I played Vanilla and I think they should leave it exactly the way it was.....don't think I'll be playing however. Go back to hunters joys of running wild (what a joke) having to carry ammo, worry your pet would die if it got pissed at you. Live the days of standing in the major cities spamming in trade chat when you need a group. And oh dear god....no flying...what ever will they do? Leave it...just leave it and let them experience it or it isn't Vanilla.
    I played Vanilla, mage then druid, and I'm definitely past my 20's. I recently leveled on different PServers again for comparions and yeah, "unchanged" Vanilla is too broken to be released like that. We're not talking about radical overhauls, like hunters not needing ammo or pet-food anymore, but simply making the non-functional parts at least functional.

Consider any changes as a "patch 1.13", the same as all the patches and fixes they applied to Vanilla as the dev-team learned how their balance worked. Not massive re-designs, not heirlooms, not LFD/LFR, not Tauren paladins. Because without a fix to certain classes and specs, you'll just see the same situation as on private servers: 90% of the players are warriors, rogues, hunters, with the occasional mage or (dwarf, lol fear-ward...) priest thrown in.

Classic WoW is not a favour Blizzard is doing for the people who spent the last years playing on pirated servers and complaining on external forums. The sheer amount of entitlement often on display is astounding: "Do what we say, or we'll go back to not playing your game! Also, I hate WoW, hate your dev-team and think Blizzard has been nothing but shit since WotLK... So don't change anything about Vanilla, kthxbye"

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1 : Authenticators are already cross-game and even outside of games in the bnet client or web-site level, so it's nothing to do with Classic WoW.

2 : Completely unneeded, they should still have the old models saved somewhere.

It's not intended to be a Remaster or they would have said so already. Most old armor on "new" models just looks stupid anyway imo if it's intended to be Classic.

What I'd like to see instead is more work put in new models/trees/terrain/textures on Live servers.

3 : I would not like to see tokens in any form in Classic as it's a completely different economy. 100% no from my opinion.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-05 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Authenticators are a battle.net function not a WoW function - so there shouldn't be any problems.

I don't want new models, I want to go back and visit the real Vanilla, so skip new models because they suck.
    WoW tokens will be totally incompatible with the WoW classic play style and thus not suitable.
    That's your opinion. They should make them optional.

There are mods to import them to Vanilla anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    1 : Authenticators are already cross-game and even outside of games in the bnet client or web-site level, so it's nothing to do with Classic WoW.

2 : Completely unneeded, they should still have the old models saved somewhere.

It's not intended to be a Remaster or they would have said so already. Most old armor on "new" models just looks stupid anyway imo if it's intended to be Classic.

What I'd like to see instead is more work put in new models/trees/terrain/textures on Live servers.

3 : I would not like to see tokens in any form in Classic as it's a completely different economy. 100% no from my opinion.
    Nah, it looks pretty decent.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    I played Vanilla, mage then druid, and I'm definitely past my 20's. I recently leveled on different PServers again for comparions and yeah, "unchanged" Vanilla is too broken to be released like that. We're not talking about radical overhauls, like hunters not needing ammo or pet-food anymore, but simply making the non-functional parts at least functional.

Consider any changes as a "patch 1.13", the same as all the patches and fixes they applied to Vanilla as the dev-team learned how their balance worked. Not massive re-designs, not heirlooms, not LFD/LFR, not Tauren paladins. Because without a fix to certain classes and specs, you'll just see the same situation as on private servers: 90% of the players are warriors, rogues, hunters, with the occasional mage or (dwarf, lol fear-ward...) priest thrown in.

Classic WoW is not a favour Blizzard is doing for the people who spent the last years playing on pirated servers and complaining on external forums. The sheer amount of entitlement often on display is astounding: "Do what we say, or we'll go back to not playing your game! Also, I hate WoW, hate your dev-team and think Blizzard has been nothing but shit since WotLK... So don't change anything about Vanilla, kthxbye"
    The problem is that balance in Vanilla (or lack thereof, as you prefer) is a quite complex matter to tackle on so nonchalantly. To be brief, each class has varying degrees of damage, utility and healing. If you increase one, you have to decrease the other (s), because balance, you know. As you are busy doing that, PvP balance is thrown off a cliff, and you start all over, but with different names this time. The only way to achieve balance is by means of all classes having similar levels of damage, utility and healing when compared to each other, i.e. homogeneization. There is no other way around.

Deleted
    People that don't want anything to change didn't play one of the useless specs in vanilla...

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Authenticators - If I'm not mistaken these were around in vanilla. I know I've had MINE for at least 10 years now. I got one after my third time getting hacked and losing EVERYTHING even though it was replaced by a GM.

2) Updated Graphics / Models - Updated graphics is one thing but with the updated graphics comes updated spell models. Those updated spell models (if not allowed to lower the effects of others while in game) will cause players to massively lag out in the 40 man raids of vanilla. Yes computers now are typically able to handle more spell effects in one area but think of the last time you were around a faction leader when a city raid was going on. How much lag did you experience? Now imagine that much lag DURING A BOSS FIGHT IN A RAID and you have the recipe for updated graphics with 40 man raiding.

3) WoW Tokens - First if WoW tokens are included in the classic servers nobody will be able to afford to buy one. The gold price of them is not something based on the server they are on based on the demand in the region (NA, CN, EU) and supply on hand. The price you pay for a token on the Horde side of Hakkar is the same price you would pay on the Horde side of Illidan. Currently tokens in the NA are like what 150k a pop. No person on classic will have that much gold no matter how much farming they did. Secondly tokens aren't going anywhere because Blizzard sees them as a way to combat those gold sellers you so adamantly despise. Yes buying WOW gold still happens but not at the rate it used to happen prior to tokens being implemented. People see selling a token as a "legal" way to buy gold and would rather not run the risk of losing their account from buying through a third party. This is also a way for Blizzard to make players that have A LOT of gold have something to do with that gold and still be able to continue to play the game & possibly use their money to purchase other items from the Blizzard shop (mounts, pets, etc) or account services (character boosts, etc) instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    People that don't want anything to change didn't play one of the useless specs in vanilla...
    None of the specs were useless for any class but that doesn't mean they were viable for all situations. People have grown accustomed to Blizzard pushing to make all 3 of a class's specs viable for PvE so they want that for vanilla too. Vanilla wasn't about every spec of every class being viable. It was about playing your class the "proper" way. Some specs were just there to buff other classes. Some classes were there because being a hybrid meant if a healer died you were able to start popping out heals if needed or go in defensive stance & throw a shield on to tank if needed while a fight was happening.

Deleted
    Yeah, my prot pally was totally viable in vanilla...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    Yeah, my prot pally was totally viable in vanilla...
    It wasn't viable if you wanted to MT raids. For 5 and 10-man dungeons they were perfectly fine, same for tanking trash in raids.

Authenticators are account level, so unless they're going to separate your Classic account from your main Blizzard account, I'm sure they won't change.

WoW tokens - this all depends on the price model they go with. Thing is they actually had to change the Auction House to incorporate them, so maybe not.

As for graphics, I expect the renderer will be more or less up to date, just with all the newer effects etc disabled. As for new models - probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Wow tokens or gold sellers.

In both case you have players who will spend real money to get gold in classic. I don't see any difference for the in game economy. Saying "the tokens will destroy the economy" is like saying "nobody bought gold during vanilla, economy was clean!".

Anyway I don't care about all these possible change. Like somebody said earlier in the thread, classic can be as close to vanilla it can be for everything else, just give me xmog and Im sold. Even if it's just client side.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    If they start making retail resemble Classic more, sure. This is more of a method to extend WoW's lifespan and get back a portion of players who have expressed interest in playing Classic.

Besides, there have been several attempts to make an MMO similar to Classic WoW (iirc, Wildstar is an example) that haven't met with much success, and certainly nowhere near the runaway success that Vanilla was.
    I agree, however I doubt we'll ever see retail resemble classic again, at least not to a meaningful level where it would actually make a difference. They always do some sort of "back to the old days!" type of BS marketing hype with each expansion, but its usually the same watered down junk. In fact it seems to go the direct opposite of classic with each new expansion, and its so far away now its completely out of sight.

TL;DR Lets be realistic. There will be inevitable changes to Vanilla WoW. But lets be rational in what those changes will be. Blizzard has stated they want to make sure to make no QoL or class balance changes. So lets think of potential changes that would make sense as whole and benefit the vanilla community and potentially augment a 13 year old game in a very subtle way.[/QUOTE]

'Blizzard has stated they want to make sure to make no QoL or class balance changes.' Aaaaam, this explains it all brother. Like 90% people that want to play Vanilla are in alignment with this statement including me. WHY THE FUCK CANT YOU PEOPLE LAY OFF ALREADY! If you dont want to play Vanila then don't play Vanila, play the ongoing expansion. The whole point of Vanila server is to be just that, pristine, pure form of old Vanila servers, not some half changed and morphed piece of crap some of you would turn it in to. If you dont want the genuine thing then dont fucking play Vanila! I dont see that they are obligated to fulfil your wishes when 90% of people actually doesn't want any changes at all. I really dont see anything 'Inevitable' like you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Doki1889 View Post
    'Blizzard has stated they want to make sure to make no QoL or class balance changes.'
    Umm they never said that. Find me a blue post or video that says they will be making no class balance changes let alone the QoL changes.

The authenticators are very likely. I'd expect them early on around the point where they're focusing on bug fixes. The WoW tokens I don't expect to happen until the playerbase has to grapple with the bot problems and calls to Blizzard for a solution and they're like "bruh we already came up with a solution years ago we called it WoW tokens. Do you want bots or WoW tokens?" and they go "groooooaaan fine we'll take the WoW tokens."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone is so deadset on changing things. What's wrong with leaving it alone and as close to consistent with the original as humanly possible?
    these are people who only want to play cuz their friends are saying they are going to, so they want classic to be tailored to them cuz it "makes sense to them". if not that, than it is extremely close to that and thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

yea lets pretend that wow tokens didnt cause hyper inflation or anything