Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have tried all afternoon and I can't get into any heroic antorus pugs on my priest.

Who is halfway through mythic and geared to match.

It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    I have tried all afternoon and I can't get into any heroic antorus pugs on my priest.

Who is halfway through mythic and geared to match.

It's getting a bit ridiculous now.
    What? That makes no sense. If you're 6/11 mythic (halfway through) you're probably AT LEAST 950-955 equipped and 960+ in bags. I do 4 full clears weekly and honestly I have yet to find 965+ pugs (I'm sure there are some but really not many), the majority of fast (<2 hours) full clears still require 955/960. Seems fair to me.

When i do groups for normal, I wouldn't even consider joining a group with 945 min ilvl. When I start my own groups I ask for 960+. I'm not looking to play with people appropriately geared for the content, cause I'm not appropriately geared for it. I know I vastly out gear it, only need one item from the place and want a group full of people in the same spot as I am to make it go as quick as possible. I don't care about you with the low ilvl, or even the guy with the high ilvl. All I care about when I play with random people is myself (a smooth run), because if I don't, then I'll be taken advantage of because no random pug gives a shit about me.
    Last edited by Tier539; 2018-01-05 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Stop playing the victim and organise a raid of your own, especially if you don't like what others are asking for.

I organised one myself last week and it would amaze you how easy it is to fill a raid with 945+ geared players with curve. That's why people ask for it, because it's easy t find those players. Why would you ask for less?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yeah, basing invites on a pinkie promise that they arnt bad sounds so much better
    you are missing the point .

tbh all i see contantly is a bunch of bitter burned out fanatics who treat game as their 2nd or 1st job and style of life.

demanding to be able to 1 shot everything just because they killed it once.

the magic and charm is long gone - i feel geniuinly sorry for people who cannot get out of gear-chasing-hamsterwheel - one day you will all wake up and realise how pointless it all is .

i do understand why people do what they do because once upon a time i was like this too - but its really really bad behaviour and shouldnt be encouraged - instead it should be shamed because its bringing nothing but toxicity to the game eniroment.

i would really advice some people to take 2-3 month break from game and focus on life - it will change the way you see game considerably . once you get of hamsterwheel i guarantee 90% of you will cba to ever do it again . but i understand why some people are afraid to do so - after all if they spend better part of past 15 years playing 1 game ofc its hard to let go - it became part of their life and lifestyle .

@Kamuinmac: So you are trying to sell us on the joys of inviting less experienced players and wiping more rather than sticking to players who can link the achievement. I think that's wonderful, as long as that's the experience someone is looking for. I see groups like this in queue every day, and I am sure some of them are having the times of their lives. Where you lose me is suggesting that everyone who starts a group is obligated to run it this way. Starting and leading a group is a hassle. Otherwise more players would do it. Just look at all the people in this thread who aren't willing to do it! So when someone does step up to lead a group - public service really - I believe they have a right to run it however seems best to them. Those of us who disagree have the same access to group finder as they do, and can only blame ourselves if our ideas about forming groups are not represented in queue.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i would really advice some people to take 2-3 month break from game and focus on life - it will change the way you see game considerably . once you get of hamsterwheel i guarantee 90% of you will cba to ever do it again . but i understand why some people are afraid to do so - after all if they spend better part of past 15 years playing 1 game ofc its hard to let go - it became part of their life and lifestyle .
    I'm fairly certain we see the hamster-wheel and know how short-term it is; and we did so from the get-go. The sad part is that you did not.

Honestly; you sound like the guy who just didn't cut it in the market and then decided to become a monk and started preaching how meaningless the pursuit of property and success is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Stop pugging, find guild. Plenty nice mythic guilds that will accept you as social if you got a mythic raider friend there. Most of them take socials for their normal and heroic runs at the beginning of the tier to gear up their mains. You will clear Heroic in one week. Then you can farm mythic plus, it’s easy to get gear. You can as well try joining a casual guild, depends on your preference.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    and its blizzard job as devs to ban the fuck out of all addons which let this happen.
    It's not. If I create a group with my requirements, not even Blizzard can prevent that (which is what people do). What's so difficult in creating your own group? You set your own requirements.

OP is probably someone who wants to tag along with an under- geared/performing character expecting a free ride.
    Retired in WoD

Or maybe it is time for you to realise that you would be much better fitted for games with MMR that put you right into the semi-correct bracket where you can play with other people around the same skill level without having a single worry in the world. If you want to play WoW because 'reasons', then you also have the opportunity to simply run LFR or any other queueable content that requires no participation. The reason why the demand for AoTC/experience/M+ score is so high is because there are plenty of players who meet these conditions. And no, they are not all lifeless basement dwellers. I have actually met many very good, quickly learning and adaptable players over the course of my playtime that turned out to be doing very well in their real lives also because guess what, chances are that if you are smart irl and you really like this game and definitely want to experience the high-end content, it is not very hard to spend some minimal effort and combine it with your ability to learn fast to actually become at least a semi-decent player instead of crying on the forums 24/7 and acting like you have some kind of hardcore real life and that should be the plateau for evaluating how the high-end content should be tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by - Lionheart - View Post
    Meh -the concept of guilds as a main progression model is bit outdated to the gamers of today, hence the prevalence of pugging.

Bit sad, but still true.
    Spoken like someone who hasn't been in anything like what the majority of pugs end up as.

My advice for joining any groups is to avoid the following:

AOTC
    Checking Logs
    Raider.io
    Big D DPS

If you see any of the above, then don't join the groups. I full cleared normal right away, and all I have left on Heroic is Argus (had a group that was 1% from kill, but then they decided to go to bed...).

From my experience, even in mythic + runs, the people demanding the listed things, are much more likely to be a fail group. I've had far far less trouble joining groups with nothing mean or discouraging written in the message box. In-fact, I think Blizzard should only allow groups to simply list the dungeon and ilvl they require, no typing any words. Would be nice to not have 20 Selling Argus kills to scroll past, only to find everyone else is demanding AOTC and checking those logs....

People seem to forget, it's about group synergy and not just benching a guy instantly, or some guy bailing because the kill didn't happen. You can have a group of people who have full cleared 10 times each, but that group fails due to lack of player synergy. Some people just don't mesh well with others. Usually if you stick it out, the group will gain synergy and the boss will go down, but sadly most people just don't remember how raiding is supposed to be, and want insta kills or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    What? That makes no sense. If you're 6/11 mythic (halfway through) you're probably AT LEAST 950-955 equipped and 960+ in bags. I do 4 full clears weekly and honestly I have yet to find 965+ pugs (I'm sure there are some but really not many), the majority of fast (<2 hours) full clears still require 955/960. Seems fair to me.
    5/11 mythic, I am 959 bags (not as high as I could have been since I have to maintain both holy and shadow). Pugs don't even bother to decline.

I am well aware it makes no sense. In fact, that's the problem.

It's not that big a deal for my main since she doesn't need much from heroic anyway, but it does making playing alts basically impossible. If I gear up the normal way, get myself a set of relinquished items, a legendary or two and some LFR pieces depending on luck, I end up with what? 920? Nobody's going to take a 920 to normal ABT. So there it stops.
    Last edited by Ashiraya; 2018-01-05 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetapper View Post
    My advice for joining any groups is to avoid the following:

AOTC
    Checking Logs
    Raider.io
    Big D DPS
    so only join to pugs that says "will wowprogress you"?

Deleted
    5/11 mythic, I am 959 bags (not as high as I could have been since I have to maintain both holy and shadow). Pugs don't even bother to decline.

I am well aware it makes no sense. In fact, that's the problem.

It's not that big a deal for my main since she doesn't need much from heroic anyway, but it does making playing alts basically impossible. If I gear up the normal way, get myself a set of relinquished items, a legendary or two and some LFR pieces depending on luck, I end up with what? 920? Nobody's going to take a 920 to normal ABT. So there it stops.
    How are you 959 in bags with 5/11m? I'm 7/11 and 968 on main lock but my shadow alt with hc only is 962 equipped and my mage 958 (2p t20) well over 960 in bags.
    You must have been terribly unlucky with loots.

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    How are you 959 in bags with 5/11m? I'm 7/11 and 968 on main lock but my shadow alt with hc only is 962 equipped and my mage 958 (2p t20) well over 960 in bags.
    You must have been terribly unlucky with loots.
    Probably not doing +15 for the 960 weekly and not clearing heroic :/ I try to clear heroic and normal every week and get the weekly chest and I have a lot of high ilvl junk which puts me at 964 in bag and only 1/11m. The guy could also be unlucky and been getting same slot upgrade

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Probably not doing +15 for the 960 weekly and not clearing heroic :/ I try to clear heroic and normal every week and get the weekly chest and I have a lot of high ilvl junk which puts me at 964 in bag and only 1/11m. The guy could also be unlucky and been getting same slot upgrade
    Yea, that or really horrible luck, with no argus trinket, same 960 off weekly, and nothing in hc/mythic...

I have been sick all new years and I have also had to compete for loot a lot as we have a disproportionate number of priests in our raid (including the raid leader).

Also yes, I am not too lucky with loot either. I have been doing M+ despite despising it utterly, but it's a total coin toss to see if it will be something useful or something in a legendary or tier slot.

Deleted
    I have been sick all new years and I have also had to compete for loot a lot as we have a disproportionate number of priests in our raid (including the raid leader).

Also yes, I am not too lucky with loot either. I have been doing M+ despite despising it utterly, but it's a total coin toss to see if it will be something useful or something in a legendary or tier slot.
    Ok, but still, even if you're 959 in bags, you wont see the 960 groups but there's a lot of 955s ones that do full hc clear in few hours... if you link them your 5 mythic achievements I find it unlikely to belive that you got rejected from all the good ones.
    Not to mention that the smart leaders that start such groups know very well that the hardest boss to pug is coven, and shadow is the best possible class (with affli) there, so its not like you play a shit spec no one wants. Good leaders atm in pug try to stack raid with locks, few shadows/balance, 1-2 monks and dk for the grip at aggramar (the 2nd annoying boss). Thats pretty much all u need to make a smooth run.

Next week we'll see a lot more uber groups asking 965, but so far tons of even 955 ones are very good for full clears, my mage wasnt even 960 in bag till other week but once i show them mythic ionar/KJ i get insta invited.
    Last edited by mmoca542e793be; 2018-01-06 at 03:31 AM.

I usually pug in holy since I really don't enjoy shadow.

As for it being unlikely or not, it's what happened. ¯\_(o_O)_/¯ I saw what I saw.