Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Update the systems for 2018 world" Blizz has it backwards.

The gaming community is influenced by the "systems" not the other way around. If players are for example more casual when it comes to wow in 2018 rather than 2005, its not because of "society is changing" ridiculousness; the game changed and the players either changed with it or went somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they just grew up and don't have the same mindset with gaming as they did X amount of years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Or they just grew up and don't have the same mindset with gaming as they did X amount of years ago.
    ^This. I was like 16 when i started playing WoW. I am 28 about to turn 29 now. I am in a completely different place in my life now. I am sure there is SOME truth to what OP is implying but I just don't see the majority of people who played 10+ years ago wanting to play long term the way they did then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    The gaming community is influenced by the "systems" not the other way around. If players are for example more casual when it comes to wow in 2018 rather than 2005, its not because of "society is changing" ridiculousness; the game changed and the players either changed with it or went somewhere else.
    Or, would more bet on, they grew up or didn't have time, or.. or.. etc etc etc
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    "Hey we should make our game more enjoyable by a larger audience" - Blizzard

"RREEEEEEEE how dare NORMIES enjoy the thing that I find validation in because I'm too much of a sad sack of shit to better myself" - Incels/Classic players
    Can I just point out how much I love that the unofficial battlecry for Purists is: "REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Makes me think of Aliens, or maybe bugs from Starship Troopers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Can I just point out how much I love that the unofficial battlecry for Purists is: "REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Makes me think of Aliens, or maybe bugs from Starship Troopers.
    This is what they actually sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwU1LQZA5g
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. But that is mostly a personal anecdotal disagreement. I played a lot more Hardcore in WoW's early days (Vanilla) when I was younger myself. I've found most people that still play on my B.Net are people that have also played for a long time as well and have also as they've gotten older slowed down to a more casual style of playing WoW. The younger gaming crowd these days doesn't frequent the MMO genre anywhere close to the amount people my age now did at the same age.

I believe Blizzard recognized this trend and have designed towards it.

Case in point: For as much as people want to bitch about LFR on these Forums. The number of people that LFR weekly absolutely dwarfs any other type of Raiding. Pretty good indication that the community is much more casual these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^This. I was like 16 when i started playing WoW. I am 28 about to turn 29 now. I am in a completely different place in my life now. I am sure there is SOME truth to what OP is implying but I just don't see the majority of people who played 10+ years ago wanting to play long term the way they did then.
    Yeah, I have played on and off since vanilla. I wouldn't be playing today if I had to spend time spamming trade chat for a healer just to complete my daily heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    This is what they actually sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qwU1LQZA5g
    WTF! AHhahahahha! That's amazing!

But for the record, I think that the purists also could very easily sound like this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc288IPFzk

never really cared about pvp in wow so honestly not sure ill be playing BFA. dunno why they thought a pvp expansion would be a good idea, most boring part of the game. i'd rather an expansion based around pet battles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    WTF! AHhahahahha! That's amazing!

But for the record, I think that the purists also could very easily sound like this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHc288IPFzk
    Sounds awfully a lot like the crowd during Brack's ice cream joke for classic.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i'd rather an expansion based around pet battles.
    Jesus Christ and the Holy Mother of Jesus and her baby...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Jesus Christ and the Holy Mother of Jesus and his baby...
    seriously though when was pvp good in this game? I don't do pet battles either so i mean it would be equally as enticing.

Deleted
    seriously though when was pvp good in this game? I don't do pet battles either so i mean it would be equally as enticing.
    I mean...its only doing spells against a living person...instead of an NPC.
    People only dont like it because it's another human being on the other side...and that makes people more salty?

I don't know why people don't like PvP. I can only guess.
    I love it.

I don't like it because its just cooldown wars, 'oh you popped your cooldowns a minute ago well you lose then'. pvp in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Most people I knew end game in 2005 were in their late 20's or 30's already finding someone your age actually raiding then was rather rare. More often than not it would be a relative of an older person in the guild

never really cared about pvp in wow so honestly not sure ill be playing BFA. dunno why they thought a pvp expansion would be a good idea, most boring part of the game. i'd rather an expansion based around pet battles.
    Wish people would stop spouting this.... Horde vs. Alliance is not PvP... there's actually been very little pvp innovation announced and all pvpers are getting is a new BG (sorely needed) 2 new arenas (super easy to make) and pvp tacked on to a PvE mode (islands). Almost everything major is neutral or related to PvE (warfronts, the main part of islands, etc). BfA is NOT a pvp expansion.

In fact, for those stuck on PvP realms as PvErs, BfA is a godsend.

Deleted
    I don't like it because its just cooldown wars, 'oh you popped your cooldowns a minute ago well you lose then'. pvp in a nutshell.
    True that.

Do society, game design, and audiences evolve over a ten year period, or does a medium in its infancy get everything right the first time around and then slowly condition people into enjoying things the wrong way?

I was probably coming across as too snarky, I just don't see the draw for us pver's if most of the content is based around pvp or some form of pvpve hybrid, ill hold reservation until there is some sort of beta. so far i'm seeing a heavy pvp focus which just hasn't been that interesting for me for years, i did pvp in the past but i really got tired of it, maybe its my class i always get focused down first and it makes the whole thing a joke to put up with. I just don't enjoy being ganked by 10 dudes, hell i can't even fear any more as a healer so yeah these days you can't even buy yourself a few seconds reprieve you get stunned you pop every man you get stunned again you die, rinse, repeat. save me having to put up with that nonsense.