Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is she stronger than Rogue?

Incidentally, if the new Captain Marvel is a woman, would the new Ms. Marvel be Mr. Marvel and that's who Rogue steals her flight, strength, etc. from?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Rogue fly in the movies, though I think Anna Paquin is a lovely actress, I never liked her for Rogue. She's one of my favorite Xmen.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    she is not on their level even with Binary.
    Eh, she's around Planetbuster level as Binary, which is about on the level of Hulk/Thor in their standard forms.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Is she stronger than Rogue? Incidentally, if the new Captain Marvel is a woman, would the new Ms. Marvel be Mr. Marvel and that's who Rogue steals her flight, strength, etc. from? Nothing would make me happier than to see Rogue fly in the movies, though I think Anna Paquin is a lovely actress, I never liked her for Rogue. She's one of my favorite Xmen.
    Umm...MCU Captain Marvel likely will have nothing to do with Rogue...

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Eh, she's around Planetbuster level as Binary, which is about on the level of Hulk/Thor in their standard forms.
    it was chain reaction when she busted a planet.

In the moives i suspect she will be around the powerlevel of vision, which seems like the most powerful one currently of the bunch in the movies at least. Thou judging Dr-strange's powerlevel is kinda hard. I could be the most powerful one of the bunch.

Like, one well placed portal and his enemy is in some obscure other realm, at that point he could simply leave and let the enemy starve to death somewhere in one of the lower planes with no hope of ever getting back. Not even hulk can get out of that one

Similar powers to a Herald of Galactus is a pretty big deal. Molecular control...add in a cosmic awareness...yeah...she's not getting nerfed at all it seems.

I'm fine if Carol is reasonably powerful and only hits those insane upper limits when she unleashes her Binary form. I remember in the cartoon where she tanks a blow from Hulk and everyone is blown away. That's kind of how I picture her in the movies. Able to take and hits and hit back against Hulk, but when she goes Binary everything is on this ??? power scale.

The movies have already established that they are willing to go in different directions from the comics, especially with Thor: Ragnarok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how anyone can just change whatever they want and no1 bats an eye. CM was never as strong as they are hyping her up to be and now shes gonna be everyones #1 favorite character bc everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon with whoever is the strongest/newest hero...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Is a good point, Marvel will defiantly want some of the wonder woman pie.
    Who doesn't? Yum

OT: I really don't have any issues with how marvel has changed things so far for the MCU, so I'm willing to be patient and see how this plays out. I honestly would love for her to be stronger than the hulk or thor, since I find them fairly boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The nerf bat was heavily given to make the characters at a more human level. In the comics, humans are rarely ever at the top of the power structure unless their mutants. And firearms would have been laughed at.
    Considering how lowly a character they made Star-Lord is pretty fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    We don't know yet, seeing as she hasn't been introduced. However, Kevin Feige has said she's the most powerful character introduced yet. Which puts her above the likes of Thor/Hulk/Wanda, all of whom are WAY stronger than her.

To restate: My problem isn't that they've made Captain Marvel powerful, or why they've done it. It's that they're making her far more powerful than she should be, while previous heroes that actually ARE that powerful have all been nerfed. I would be totally fine with Captain Marvel rocking up and being a total shitruiner, if characters like Hulk, Thor and Scarlet Witch hadn't had their power levels reduced so harshly.
    The problem with this argument is that you're basing it on power levels for characters in the Earth-616 timeline.

The MCU is Earth-199999.

Completely different timeline, completely different iterations of the various characters, who can all be WILDLY different. There's something about Marvel's multiverse that creates similarities, but allows for wild variance. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Multive...iverse_Listing

You can't use stuff that's true in Earth-616 to define characters in Earth-199999.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I hate how anyone can just change whatever they want and no1 bats an eye. CM was never as strong as they are hyping her up to be and now shes gonna be everyones #1 favorite character bc everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon with whoever is the strongest/newest hero...
    To repeat the above, they aren't changing anything. We haven't been introduced to Earth-199999's Captain Marvel, yet; there's nothing to "change" in the first place.

Also, if everyone loved heroes for being "the strongest", Wolverine would've never been as hugely popular as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The nerf bat was heavily given to make the characters at a more human level.
    IMO if characters like Wanda,Thor and Hulk get a nerf then everyone should get one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The problem with this argument is that you're basing it on power levels for characters in the Earth-616 timeline.

The MCU is Earth-199999.

Completely different timeline, completely different iterations of the various characters, who can all be WILDLY different. There's something about Marvel's multiverse that creates similarities, but allows for wild variance. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Multive...iverse_Listing

You can't use stuff that's true in Earth-616 to define characters in Earth-199999.
    true but you have to expect that 90% of people expect for Thor, SW, Hulk, Strange to be at the top of the food chain.

this leads to WTF why are they so weak!? etc.

I'm pretty sure Feige is aware of that.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-01-05 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    true but you have to expect that 90% of people expect for Thor, SW, Hulk, Strange to be at the top of the foo chain.

this leads to WTF why are they so weak!? etc.

I'm pretty sure Feige is aware of that.
    And the answer is "because this is Earth-199999".

That's the point.

Marvel fans were already fine keeping multiple universes straight. One more isn't going to ruin everything forever.

And the answer is "because this is Earth-199999".

That's the point.

Marvel fans were already fine keeping multiple universes straight. One more isn't going to ruin everything forever.
    very bad choice IMO.

still it doesn't explain why she needs to be the strongest superhero.

they can at least do PL for each character right.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2018-01-05 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The MCU is Earth-199999.

To repeat the above, they aren't changing anything. We haven't been introduced to Earth-199999's Captain Marvel, yet; there's nothing to "change" in the first place.

Also, if everyone loved heroes for being "the strongest", Wolverine would've never been as hugely popular as he was.
    by strongest i didnt necessarily mean brute strength

I'm reminded of what the Power Skrull once said about firearms after he took a piece from a town sheriff;
    "He thought that this...toy would be effective? Concussion-driven projectiles...quaint."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    very bad choice IMO.

still it doesn't explain why she needs to be the strongest superhero.

they can at least do PL for each character right.
    What do you mean get the power level right theses are not the same characters as in the comics they don’t have the same power level so they are already done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What do you mean get the power level right theses are not the same characters as in the comics they don’t have the same power level so they are already done right.
    if they can make Iron Man with armor made of iron and Thor having lightning like in the comics then they can do their PL justice as well.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    if they can make Iron Man with armor made of iron and Thor having lightning like in the comics then they can do their PL justice as well.
    They don’t want it to be like that or else it would be. The MCU might share the same names and power sets but they are not the same people as the main line of comics and do not have the same level of power just as iron man from the ultimate universe isn’t the same iron man as the 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    They don’t want it to be like that or else it would be. The MCU might share the same names and power sets but they are not the same people as the main line of comics and do not have the same level of power just as iron man from the ultimate universe isn’t the same iron man as the 616 universe.
    AKA it's bad.

they don't know what's good for the fans.