Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Roy Moore accuser's Gadsden home burns; arson investigation underway

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...ome_burns.html

Roy Moore accuser Tina Johnson lost her home Wednesday in a fire that is now under investigation by the Etowah County Arson Task Force.

Tina Johnson, who first came to public notice for accusing Senate candidate Roy Moore of grabbing her in his office in the early 1990s, said her home on Lake Mary Louise Road in Gadsden caught fire Tuesday morning.

After neighbors and some utility workers called 911 shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday, the Lookout Mountain Fire Department responded to the scene. By the time the flames were extinguished, Johnson and her family had lost everything they owned.

"I am devastated, just devastated," said Johnson on Friday morning. "We have just the clothes on our backs."

Nobody appears to have been harmed in the blaze; Johnson and her husband were at work, and her grandson was at school.

"That fire is still under investigation by the Etowah County Arson Task Force," said Natalie Barton, public information officer with the Etowah County Sheriff's Department. "A suspect of interest is being spoken to. But there have been no charges, to my knowledge, related to the fire at this time."

Barton later released a statement, saying, "The ongoing investigation does not lead us to believe that the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him. More details will be released when warrants are obtained."

According to Johnson and neighbor Kevin Tallant, other neighbors witnessed a young man who had a history of public intoxication walking around the house before and during the blaze.

"He's been trouble in the neighborhood for a while," said Tallant, who lives across the street from Johnson and her family. He got a call from another neighbor that morning who said smoke was coming from the home and that somebody might be inside.

"I threw on my coveralls and took off down the driveway," he said. His wife called 911 at 8:26 a.m. but the dispatcher said they'd already received a call about the fire. "I got up there," he said, "and (the fire) was already pretty well started. When the fire department got there, I started helping them."

Johnson said she has not yet heard from law enforcement how or why the fire started, except that it started at the back of the house.

She said a woman neighbor told her that the young man in question approached her as she was getting in her car that morning and asked if she thought Johnson's house was going to burn. The neighbor didn't know what he was talking about, she said, because flames weren't visible at the time.

Johnson and her family are currently living in a motel. On Friday morning, she was headed to Wal-Mart to purchase toiletries and other necessities. She said she is thankful for good neighbors, who have rallied around the family.

"My neighbors are just heartbroken, too," she said. "They're pulling together and helping us out."

Tallant said the Johnsons are good neighbors. He'd been over at her house recently, sharing some turnip greens.

"She's a super good neighbor," he said. "I like people like that. I hope they build back there."

Really sad if someone is behind this.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

That's the one that faked his signature right?, wouldn't be surprised if she also faked the fire. We will have to wait until the arson investigation comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That's the one that faked his signature right?, wouldn't be surprised if she also faked the fire. We will have to wait until the arson investigation comes out.
    No, that's not the same woman, so your assertion is completely wrong. I'll wait for you to retract your bullshit attempt to blame the victim.

Also, the signature was never faked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing quite like baselessly slandering an arson victim, because you want to defend a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nothing quite like baselessly slandering an arson victim, because you want to defend a pedophile.

To be fair, do we know beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a pedophile? All we have it a statement from 38 years after the fact. Accuse me of defending him if you want but you seem to be committing your own bit of slander.

You know, as even electors from Alabama rejected him, you might wonder at one point if he was a great candidate...

Wonder what the insurance check will look like? She has a history of getting paid for dirty work, but this is rare. Usually the accusers disappear into a fog of nonexistence after the election is over and the checks are cashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I hope Roy Moore tries to sue people “slandering” him. It would force him to take the stand.

I don’t care what happens to him. Just saying. She’s suing him for defamation now actually.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Really sad if someone is behind this.
    Absolutely my first thought. I really hope it was just a freak accident, I don't want to learn otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    To be fair, do we know beyond a reasonable doubt that he is a pedophile? All we have it a statement from 38 years after the fact. Accuse me of defending him if you want but you seem to be committing your own bit of slander.
    "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a standard that only matters if you're pursuing a conviction for a criminal infringement, in a court of law.

It doesn't even apply to civil infringement cases, let alone public opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a standard that only matters if you're pursuing a conviction for a criminal infringement, in a court of law.

It doesn't even apply to civil infringement cases, let alone public opinion.
    Especially with all the circumstantial evidence pointing to a long-standing history of chasing young women. From the yearbook to being banned from shopping malls we can come up with a likely scenario that Moore did like underage girls.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Especially with all the circumstantial evidence pointing to a long-standing history of chasing young women. From the yearbook to being banned from shopping malls we can come up with a likely scenario that Moore did like underage girls.
    Also... do the math for when he met his future wife.

That eight-year timeframe would have meant that Moore was 29 and Kayla just 15 when they first met. He remembered her and her initials (one away from perfect, as he put it for K.K.) years later when he met her at a Christmas party.

That in and of itself doesn't mean he did anything; but it does say he remembered a 15 year old and her initials years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Also, the signature was never faked.
    yeah it was fake...even admitted it was fake.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...candidate.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, that's not the same woman, so your assertion is completely wrong. I'll wait for you to retract your bullshit attempt to blame the victim.
    you should wait 30 years... like she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I'm now accusing you of being a pedophile.

This means that in the court of social justice you ARE a pedophile.

See why this is a bullshit way of handling things?
    Yeah, but I seriously doubt Endus has ever been banned from the mall.

First time for everything. Depends on how loud I want to scream about my accusation. Just look at what happened with matress girl and her victim.
    First time for everything doesn't mean Roy Moore didn't like young girls. For that matter, everyone around him knew it was his preference. It's amazing how people will jump through hoops to justify this. I'm more inclined to believe a large number of people than I am one saying "I DID NOT!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderken3 View Post
    yeah it was fake...even admitted it was fake.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...candidate.html
    Are you illiterate in addition to being ethically lost?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Are you applying this thought pattern to Woody Allen as well? I'm just curious.

Have you heard about his recent memoirs? If you're using that as a defense, you may want to check again. However, "whataboutism" isn't a valid defense. I could care less about someone other than whom we are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now accusing you of being a pedophile.

This means that in the court of social justice you ARE a pedophile.

See why this is a bullshit way of handling things?
    It isn't even remotely comparable. You don't have any evidence to back the accusation, so it's meritless slander.

There's more than enough evidence to think Moore's a pedophile. You might not LIKE that, and you might choose to defend the pedophile from being "unfairly" named for what he is, but frankly, tough nuts. Suck it up and stop defending horrible people, particularly by making up bullshit about their detractors.