Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    I've been the one to do the crawling back. Missed him terribly after the break up, met up for a chat, fucked, regretted it, went home and never bothered with him again. Turned out I was just sexually frustrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Lets say, after four months, your ex calls you, trying to go on a date, or something like that.
    Wouldn't a better question be how many people have exes?

Many times. Thing is the reasons you two broke it off in the first place is usually still there. Its hard but its best to move on and not re-engage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Yep, we're getting married at the next available opportunity. That's her in the avatar.
    You've had her in your avatar forever. Is this marriage happening or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Yes, phone call lasted long enough to tell her that I'm with someone else.
    This, and I also mentioned that I hadn't resolved any of the issues she had with me, and I doubted she resolved any of the issues I had with her.

I further stated I'd be glad to go out sometime. To introduce you to my new girlfriend, because she's listening to this call and wants to know about you now.

Damn it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    You've had her in your avatar forever. Is this marriage happening or not.
    Tennisace with the hard hitting questions. The truth must be known!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Several months after my divorce finalized (and apparently when she learned I had a new job) my ex-wife called and asked me if I wanted to take her out and talk. At this point I was dating the woman who would become my second wife, declined the offer, and haven't heard from her since thankfully.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yes. Several months after my divorce finalized (and apparently when she learned I had a new job) my ex-wife called and asked me if I wanted to take her out and talk. At this point I was dating the woman who would become my second wife, declined the offer, and haven't heard from her since thankfully.
    Wow you bounced back really quickly. A couple months after the divorce and you were already dating someone else.

Wow you bounced back really quickly. A couple months after the divorce and you were already dating someone else.
    You assume he wasn't dating that person before the divorce.

I'm not saying he was, but it's a poor assumption to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, never. I'm also a strong believer in it being impossible/not worth trying to keep a friendly relationship with an ex. I won't purposefully ignore anyone but I don't actively try to keep in touch with or hang out with exes.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the divorce finalized. Divorces don't happen over the course of a week. There's a process involved and we're not even counting the months before papers were even delivered.

You're looking at somewhere around 8-9 months from the time we split up until everything was processed through the courts, and then time after that before I ended up meeting my current wife. We were together 2 1/2 years before we got married before someone assumes I got married months after my divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You assume he wasn't dating that person before the divorce.

I'm not saying he was, but it's a poor assumption to make.
    I went on a few dates while the divorce was going through its proceedings but there's a lot of people who don't take legally separated seriously because I guess people lie about that so I stopped dating all together until the divorce finalized.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2018-01-06 at 05:21 AM.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

I went on a few dates while the divorce was going through its proceedings but there's a lot of people who don't take legally separated seriously because I guess people lie about that?

I can't judge. I live with my ex-fiancee, and we both have dating lives. It's difficult to explain sometimes that I live with a woman, and that woman was once engaged to me.

So, then I guess to answer the OP's question, I have had an ex come back to me. We just decided we were great friends and business partners, and not so great as romantic partners.

So it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Lets say, after four months, your ex calls you, trying to go on a date, or something like that.
    I've not my friend in college dated a girl for 2-3 years and as he was graduating he decided to break up with her because he didn't think they were right for each other and that she was an ok college girlfriend but "Not wife material". He went out a few times with other girls he had hopes with and after about 6 months he called her up and proposed to her. When I asked him about it,why he had the sudden change of heart, he told me he didn't think he would find anyone better so he would settle for her. They've been married for at least 10 years now and have 2 kids. Him and another one of my friends are why I tend not to date long. I don't want to feel I settled for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    One of them dumped really harshly. She just toyed with me, knew I was totally in love with her, used me, and threw me in the trash. Pretty much crushed me and pushed me into a depression that almost ruined my life. It was pretty bad.

The other one is a little more complicated...we weren't together that long, but things moved really fast. Eventually I dumped her because she was constantly forcing me to hang out with all of her friends all the time, which drove me mad. She cried, told me she was "destroyed", I felt horrible about it, and tried to apologize and tell her I could change, etc. She ignored me entirely until one day she finally replied to one of my emails with something to the effect of "You'll just have to move on without me."

But then, wife and baby enter the picture, and all of a sudden they think I'm fair game again for some reason. It's like "No...the wife and the baby are definitive proof to the contrary. Leave me alone."
    The first I would have been harsh as hell with. The second I would have replied to her email simply with "you will just have to move on without me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp
    Tennisace with the hard hitting questions. The truth must be known!
    @Tennis I'm not sure that since late spring equals forever, but we're looking at Spring 2018 now. She had to relocate her shop this summer and she's swamped trying to get the new location up and stable. On my side, I've been tied down with the shift to doing more corporate work, writing my chapters of a new textbook, and end of semester grading. Now, we're starting to run up against Spring Festival. We have to go to Hunan to get registered, so that complicates things a bit. With travel and various family obligations we need to be able to block out about 9 days, which makes the May Golden Week our best shot. We're both a bit sentimental about the cherry blossoms from last Spring, so that works.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko-
    "I would let Anduin ravish me." - aiko
    Given his posts, that's alarming.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I just smash. She recently asked me if I'd get back with her and I avoided the question like a dick but whatever. cheating whore.

Yeah, only he didn't ask for a date or anything like that but threatened me with death if I didn't come back to him.

I've had them try, I never give them the time of day. There would only ever be 1 exception to that, he hasn't yet tried.

My exhusband tried to last year. Lazy, spend all our money on drinking, get aggressive when questioned. No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Given his posts, that's alarming.
    I wish I could force certain people to change their forum username.