Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    No we support it because it shuts down the possibility of you getting High Elves, a Horde race.

Blizzard probably genuinely thinks they are cool.
    Like I said, out of Spite and Schadenfreude because you can't psychologically cope with the Alliance getting something. The High Elves were Part of the Alliance since WoW Classic, far longer than the Blood Elves were a part of the Horde. We hat the Farstrider Longes back in Classic as well as Alliance allied High Elves in Locations like Theramore but also In Stormwind, as far as I remember, we had Alliance allied High Elves back in BC, we had them in one of the most prominent roles of all Alliance Races back in Wotlk, we had them in Minor roles but still there in Cataclysm leveling as well as in Zul'aman, we had them in a prominent role in Mist of Pandaria, they were absent back in WoD but had yet again a prominent role in the Hunter Class Order now in Legion.

They are besides the Humans the Alliance Race with the second most Screentime. Not making them playable is nothing short of trolling and bullying the Alliance Players. Its like if you would make the Orcs or Forsaken unplayable. Considering their impact in the Lore, the High Elves are much more of a force in the Alliance than minor Races without any prominent Roles in the Alliance like Draenei, Night Elves or Gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Like I said, out of Spite and Schadenfreude because you can't psychologically cope with the Alliance getting something.
    Horde has one attractive race, Alliance has multiple. Suddenly it's the Horde who can't cope with the Alliance getting something nice.

The High Elves were Part of the Alliance since WoW Classic, far longer than the Blood Elves were a part of the Horde. We hat the Farstrider Longes
    Can you people give over about the lodges? They are huts in the backside of nowhere. They aren't villages, they aren't towns, they are goddamn lodges.

And of the two lodges from classic, one of them blew themselves up. Less High Elves already.

back in Classic as well as Alliance allied High Elves in Locations like Theramore
    Majority Human city. Destroyed now. Less High Elves again.

but also In Stormwind, as far as I remember
    Can someone show me a High Elf district in Stormwind? No? There isn't one? Can anyone find some High Elves in Stormwind that are on the Stormwind faction, NOT Silver Covenant and NOT Kirin Tor.

we had Alliance allied High Elves back in BC,
    You had the remnants of the expeditionary force. Vastly Human and Dwarf.

we had them in one of the most prominent roles of all Alliance Races back in Wotlk,
    Really, I could have sworn the Silver Covenant were working for the NEUTRAL kingdom of Dalaran back then. Alliance sympathetic just like the Sunreavers, but not Alliance members.

we had them in Minor roles but still there in Cataclysm leveling as well as in Zul'aman, we had them in a prominent role in Mist of Pandaria, they were absent back in WoD but had yet again a prominent role in the Hunter Class Order now in Legion.
    The prominent role in MOP was really Dalaran joining the Alliance under Jaina. Not the Silver Covenant alone.

And the Hunter class hall role in Legion? Oh give me a break. Farstriders for the next Horde Allied race!

They are besides the Humans the Alliance Race with the second most Screentime. Not making them playable is nothing short of trolling and bullying the Alliance Players. Its like if you would make the Orcs or Forsaken unplayable. Considering their impact in the Lore, the High Elves are much more of a force in the Alliance than minor Races without any prominent Roles in the Alliance like Draenei, Night Elves or Gnomes.
    After two expansions where we have been pummeled with Draenei lore, settlements and character development, that's an absurd claim.

The High Elves are NOT a major Alliance race and haven't been since they left the Alliance.

The sad remnant who remain are not going to be made an Allied race. Ever. Void Elves ensure that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Buddy, where the hell are you getting 40% from?

https://realmpop.com/us.html

https://realmpop.com/eu.html

30%. Still high, but much more reasonable than you're making it out to be.
    I thought of the number approximately what I think.I didn't actually know it was 30% but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    no faction imbalance would happen, because high elves are requested by "micro-minority"
    What about the nano-minority?

i dont know, ask those who create this idiotic labels

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    The compromise was Void Elves. No further compromise needed. Take their generosity with grace.

Pretty sure not many Horde players care about blue/golden eyes. We have the Blood Elves, after all.
    Void elves are a slap to the face to the Alliance just to make the Whorde happy. Ion are after all a 100% Horde player that lack knowledge of Alliance lore. His own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Can someone show me a High Elf district in Stormwind? No? There isn't one? Can anyone find some High Elves in Stormwind that are on the Stormwind faction, NOT Silver Covenant and NOT Kirin Tor.
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/First_Mate_Wavesinger
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Elsharin
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Caledra_Dawnbreeze
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    a guy who work on boat, a mage trainer and a girl who do nothing.

I don't think they fight for the alliance faction tough, just are there living.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    a guy who work on boat, a mage trainer and a girl who do nothing.

I don't think they fight for the alliance faction tough, just are there living.
    Hey.I just got into the discussio, saw he asked for "High Elves in Stormwind that are on the Stormwind faction".I went for the challenge, got him what he wanted.

Now where are my cookies?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Hey.I just got into the discussio, saw he asked for "High Elves in Stormwind that are on the Stormwind faction".I went for the challenge, got him what he wanted.

i mean, just because they live there don't mean they belong to the faction of stormwind

Member Skyrim? a lot of elves live in windhelm, but they are no part of the city or the stormcloacks
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-06 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i men, just bcau they live there don't mean they belong to the faction o stormwind

Member Skyrim? a lo of elves liv in windhelm, but they are no part of the city or the stormcloacks
    They do belong to the faction, if they do choose to fight or if the fight concerns them is another story.

Reason why there were Dark elfs who did not fought and yet there were those that did not.

Also, just because you are not fighting directly in the war doesn't mean you are not helping.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2018-01-06 at 12:42 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I'd say Tuskarr are very much horde
    No! Horde can have Grummies and Ogres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

I am afraid you don't get a cookie.

This was a rhetorical trap on my part.

I once went over this argument a couple of years back in another high elf thread. Did my own check on the High Elf population of Stormwind and found that most were Silver Covenant NPCs added in WOTLK but I did find the one or two who didn't fit.

The point, for anyone trying to take up my challenge, was for them to dredge through Stormwind's population and either realise just how pathetically tiny this Stormwind High Elven population pro High Elfers are always going on about actually is...or they would list the tiny number of NPCs they found and prove my point anyway.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-06 at 10:27 AM.

"Ion hazzikostas CONFIRMED they will never be added." No he did not. He said they weren't added over void elves because they are similar to blood elves.

If Blizzard wants to add high elves due to the massive demand, they will. If they don't, they won't. Their opinions will differ across the years. Remember how two years ago we didn't want vanilla servers, and neither did Blizzard? Guess who announced classic at Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    "Ion hazzikostas CONFIRMED they will never be added." No he did not. He said they weren't added over void elves because they are similar to blood elves.

If Blizzard wants to add high elves due to the massive demand, they will. If they don't, they won't. Their opinions will differ across the years. Remember how two years ago we didn't want vanilla servers, and neither did Blizzard? Guess who announced classic at Blizzcon.
    Actually the question he was asked was a generic will 'Mag'har Orcs and High Elves be a thing?' which referred to future Allied races.

He said yes (eventually) to Mag'har and no to High Elves, the no to High Elves on the basis that they were already playable.

Now bear in mind he and his team have just been through a process of choosing which Allied races each faction is getting. They would have selected and [B]rejected[B] the candidates.

At this moment in time, after what they have done in building Allied Races, there is no way that Ion was not on top of his game regarding the attitude of he and his team towards playable High Elves.

They were clearly considered, as Ion said in an interview three years ago when sub races were first mooted that High Elves were desired, and clearly rejected. And they were rejected for the reasons I said at the time they would be, that once Blizzard really dug into the new system (whatever it would be) High Elves would be seen as nothing more than a duplicate of a Horde race.

And lo and behold Ion comes out at Blizzcon after the process of building the sub race system and says exactly what I said they would decide upon.

Could they change their minds? Yeah sure, but if you think this is an analogous process to the classic server crusade then you severely overestimate the importance of this issue and the number of people who genuinely care.

Blizzard noticed enough to through the Alliance a bone in Void Elves. But Void Elves themselves make High Elves less likely, as High Elves would usurp the place Void Elves now have in the Alliance as well as damaging the Horde and Blood Elves.

Take the damn bone.

The answer to this is because Blood Elves exist. And they are High Elves and High Elves are them. /thread

Deleted

Massive? Thank you, this made me chuckle.

Deleted

Massive? Thank you, this made me chuckle a bit. The self-importance of people on game forums never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Why they will NEVER be added:
    Ion hazzikostas CONFIRMED they will never be added.
    Just curious, but when did he say that? Can I have a link, please?

The only problem is, the biggest supporters of having Void Elves are Horde Players simply out of spite and Schadenfreude because they love how Blizz is basically bashing and trolling the Alliance with this Allied Race.
    It is not all of us. It is the elf lovers and elf fans which have congregated within the Horde's playerbase. They are Horde players simply because the Horde is the only faction that gives them their pretty elves and in return they've become a vocal majority, making it look like the majority of proper Horde players got anything to do with what they think about Alliance high elves.

In reality, they're just scared someone might get a prettier and cleaner version of the elves they already play.