Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    When trying to decypher blizcon hype speak, always remember:
    They were trying to sell you their cool ideas. If something was cool, they would have told you about it in great detail. If you have to ask yourself "I wonder if the thing they hardly mentioned, could actually be cool", its not going to be cool.
    Quoted for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Doesn't need to be retconned. They might have fixed the Exodar in Velen's short story but if it had been fixed, it would be fixed to work with O'ros guiding it and he got smashed.
    Or simply damaged during the Legion invasion. After all, all surviving Draenei had retreated behind Velen's big glowing barrier, giving the demons free reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    What Blizzard should do for the inevitable void expansion is make those two cities the launching point. That would give them the perfect excuse to revamp them.
    This! It would be a very welcome break from having Stormwind and Org once again the main cities. They've said before something about wishing there was a reason to visit the other cities.

Then they added a bunch of portals and the transmog/reforgers to just those two cities the very next expansion :/

Deleted
    Could make cool scenarios or instances of defending exodar and silvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Usandu View Post
    So with Silvermoon and Exodar becoming last bastions of defense on each respective continent, according to Q&A Do you think they will actually get some proper revamp? Or at least will they be "attached" to their proper continent instead of being a part of old TBC map? I would love to be able to at least fly there.
    No, not at all. The reason why they are not being conquered by Alliance/Horde is because Blizz is too lazy to actually update them

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    The last bastion of defense is just an excuse for leaving them as outdated abandoned zones
    You nailed it.

5+ Year Old Account
    If the BE/Draenei cities are going to be "the last bastions of defense" or w/e, shouldn't they receive a revamp...? At least in 8.3 or something...

uhmm It's a stupid Idea IMO ... What? are we going to forget the damn draenei got a fullpowered spaceship armed with a holy light cannon ?
    with such a weapon operative they could easily become overlords of all azeroth

more like silvermoon and exodar - we dont give a shit about revamping these zones so stop asking us about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If the BE/Draenei cities are going to be "the last bastions of defense" or w/e, shouldn't they receive a revamp...? At least in 8.3 or something...
    When we ever get a revamp, hopefully they won't half-ass it like with Cata.
    It's one thing I really never could understand about Blizzard. They put Exodar and Silvermoon on the Outland map and nowadays come across as if they can't or don't want to put the effort into updating them for the new world. They literally have people who would do the work for them for free.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Its just not worth it.

With blizzard's current art quality if they were to remade those zones, they would probably update them, with better textures, more objects and so on.Recreating everything on the Old world.

While it could happen and would be cool, there is no reason to, almost nobody visit the other capitals that aren't Orgrimmar/Stormwind and the current expansion capital, so why would they update the cities that are far from everything and nobody visits?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Both zones should be updated, they spent a lot of time updating a bunch of zones that really didn't need that much of it. Don't misunderstand, some of the classic zones are much better now with their updates/new feels (Thousand Needles and The Barrens for example). They created Suramar for Legion, that is bigger than just about any city in WoW.

Velen has had a great story, he has been busy in two expansions. His capital deserves some love. They're still showing the images of foes we've vanquished in the holograms and such (I think?).

They really need to do something with Lor'themar. He had a little nod in Mists, but not much since. Kael'thas is gone, make him King or some more permanent leadership title rather than just the Reagent Lord. Or pick another prominent Blood Elf. Hauldron or Liadrin. Something! :P And if they want to change things, decimate Silvermoon further and move the Blood Elves up to Quel'danas, turn the Sunwell into a city of sorts, like they've done with the Nighthold for the Nightborne.

It would be much nicer to see their zones updated. All of them. They've changed Stormwind and Orgimmar a couple times. Yes, they're the main capitals for each faction, but still. With the coming story and the changing of the zones as far as who is in control, it's a real cop out to ignore the two capitals of two of the older races. They have their phased tech, create a second instanced version for each of those areas.

Let them come! Sunwell hungers!

Most of us who suggest a revamp also suggest that it be followed with content all over the old world.

One other suggestion made is that if they rebuilt the world for Classic from scratch with current day graphics instead of keeping it exactly as it was so many years ago, a lot of that can be used for a revamped Azeroth as well.
    Thats a bit too much don't you think?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    -Recent interview stated that city revamps are a pain
    Also obliterate a zone is easier then revamping it

If people didnt complain and whine about Cataclysm we were going to have a proper Outland and Northrend revamp, too! Instead we had AU mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    If people didnt complain and whine about Cataclysm we were going to have a proper Outland and Northrend revamp, too! Instead we had AU mess.
    I wonder what made you think it was one or the other. Besides WoD is much better than Cata. I'm glad they didn't waste time revamping Outland and Northrend.
    But, it can still happen. You are assuming much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    uhmm It's a stupid Idea IMO ... What? are we going to forget the damn draenei got a fullpowered spaceship armed with a holy light cannon ?
    with such a weapon operative they could easily become overlords of all azeroth
    Its actually a really tiny beam that takes a while to recharge. But... they could aim it to the embassy... plot holes.

I guess it wouldn't be very "honorable".

I'm assuming the Vindicaar is going to defend the Exodar/Azuremyst.

No idea how Silvermoon will survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm assuming the Vindicaar is going to defend the Exodar/Azuremyst.

No idea how Silvermoon will survive.
    Flying is not allowed on the area, that's how. But yeah... maybe a Sunwell barrier like Suramar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    Let them come! Sunwell hungers!
    Careful it doesn't get a void elf indigestion. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I wonder what made you think it was one or the other. Besides WoD is much better than Cata. I'm glad they didn't waste time revamping Outland and Northrend.
    But, it can still happen. You are assuming much.

- - - Updated - - -

Its actually a really tiny beam that takes a while to recharge. But... they could aim it to the embassy... plot holes.

I guess it wouldn't be very "honorable".
    thinking more of annhilating any army stupid enough to try siege the exodar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    thinking more of annhilating any army stupid enough to try siege the exodar
    It could easily sink the ships.