A titanic effort quest on alt with no legendary pre 7.3.2

With the latest announcement of blizzard on ptr with the 175 Wakening essence for 1 legendary, I thought that it would be time for me to stack them up on alts.

With that said, I realized that I can't even get the quest on some of my toons as some of them did not have a legendary before 7.3.2 which means that they did not need the quest to upgrade old legendaries.

Does anyone know of a way to get the quest in this situation ? Feels quite stupid to add this when our alts can't even profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    With the latest announcement of blizzard on ptr with the 175 Wakening essence for 1 legendary, I thought that it would be time for me to stack them up on alts.

With that said, I realized that I can't even get the quest on some of my toons as some of them did not have a legendary before 7.3.2 which means that they did not need the quest to upgrade old legendaries.

Does anyone know of a way to get the quest in this situation ? Feels quite stupid to add this when our alts can't even profit from it.
    Kill a world boss or a raid boss, or do a Mythic+ (even a low key) and wait for reset to open the chest.
    Got it on all my alts this way

If there is a crafted legendary in your local ah which is still at item level 970 buying that ?could? trigger that essence upgrade quest. At least it would make sense.

That being said, I'm almost 100% sure that stockpiling thing won't work. Mark my words Blizzard will somehow nullify that being a thing (and I really... really hope I'm wrong with this one).
    Last edited by Sauna; 2018-01-06 at 06:04 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    If there is a crafted legendary in your local ah which is still at item level 970 buying that ?could? trigger that essence upgrade quest. At least it would make sense.

That being said, I'm almost 100% sure that stockpiling thing won't work. Mark my words Blizzard will somehow nullify that being a thing (and I really... really hope I'm wrong with this one).
    Why not, if they want to stop it they would just make a new currency. Do you realise how big the shitstorm will be if they just erase peoples essence without tellnig them first

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Kill a world boss or a raid boss, or do a Mythic+ (even a low key) and wait for reset to open the chest.
    Got it on all my alts this way
    This does not work. I have been doing lots of content that should give me that quest and none have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Why not, if they want to stop it they would just make a new currency. Do you realise how big the shitstorm will be if they just erase peoples essence without tellnig them first
    It would also mean that those people would have wasted lots of time getting the essence that they might not have bothered getting if it wasn't for the free legendary.
    With that said, Blizzard could do something to avoid the stockpiling, it would just suck and tbh, why bother ?

It's the end of the expansion, let us have fun and get all the legos we don't yet have. Why stop us ? Isn't the point of this game to have fun and we all know that farming for legos is not fun.

I think it would be about the same size of shitstorm as the one the people who had execs essences and ditched the quest since they had no more use for those after upgrading all legendaries would raise.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a first time they delete/convert existing currency to something else.. gold for example.

I'm also saying this because last month on eu forums blue [Tizaksul] said the following to a person asking for any other uses for the esssences:

"Once all of your older Legendaries are level 1000 you no longer need the quest. Any new ones that drop for you will already be item level 1000

The Wakening Essences will only drop for you while you have the quest in progress though, if you've already upgraded all your Legendaries, hand it in one last time and you won't need it again
    "

Would be a super duper dick move to say that on official forums, make people drop the quest as unnecessary (me included) and then bit later say "why did you drop that quest you should have used the this time to stockpile"

I think it would be about the same size of shitstorm as the one the people who had execs essences and ditched the quest since they had no more use for those after upgrading all legendaries would raise.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a first time they delete/convert existing currency to something else.. gold for example.

I'm also saying this because last month on eu forums blue [Tizaksul] said the following to a person asking for any other uses for the esssences:

"Once all of your older Legendaries are level 1000 you no longer need the quest. Any new ones that drop for you will already be item level 1000

The Wakening Essences will only drop for you while you have the quest in progress though, if you've already upgraded all your Legendaries, hand it in one last time and you won't need it again
    "

Would be a super duper dick move to say that on official forums, make people drop the quest as unnecessary (me included) and then bit later say "why did you drop that quest you should have used the this time to stockpile"
    To be fair, the person was asking about how to stop getting the quest I believe.

Personally, I'm just going to leave one legendary not upgraded in my bags on my paladin, and stockpile it and see what happens. I don't care much if it gets turned to gold or just flat out removed, since it will be a legendary I probably don't care about anyway, like Justice's Gaze.

Hopefully with some luck, if I stockpile enough up, I can find out if using the token on a toon that has all the legendaries just gives you a BoA token for another class like when you get a legendary drop with all of them currently.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-01-06 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    To be fair, the person was asking about how to stop getting the quest I believe.

Personally, I'm just going to leave one legendary not upgraded in my bags on my paladin, and stockpile it and see what happens. I don't care much if it gets turned to gold or just flat out removed, since it will be a legendary I probably don't care about anyway, like Justice's Gaze.

Hopefully with some luck, if I stockpile enough up, I can find out if using the token on a toon that has all the legendaries just gives you a BoA token for another class like when you get a legendary drop with all of them currently.
    not to be nitpicky, but the caption of his post was literally "Any other uses for Wakening Essence?"

I think I'm going to do the same for my remaining characters which still have 970 legendaries. hope for the best and expect the worst.
    Last edited by Sauna; 2018-01-06 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo

not to be nitpicky, but the caption of his post was literally "Any other uses for Wakening Essence?"

I think I'm going to do the same for my remaining characters which still have 970 legendaries. hope for the best and expect the worst.
    Derp, nah that's not nitpicky, that was me being stupid.

You're right, memory backfired on me.

"

Hes only human and gets told the info when he gets it. Obviously the decision was made after that post or he just wasnt up to date. You can still get the quest now if you get a 970 boe legendary.

Hes only human and gets told the info when he gets it. Obviously the decision was made after that post or he just wasnt up to date. You can still get the quest now if you get a 970 boe legendary.

I think they should hotfix it now and make it so anyone can pick up the quest.