Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Classic is going to be crap, I mean honestly

I don't know if I'm completely overestimating the amount of interest in Classic, but I literally don't get it anymore. I was swept up in the atomic hype after the initial announcement, Vanilla was great, lots and lots of flaws but overall a great era for WoW with a very different experience to retail.

Because of said hype, I shuffled onto a private blizzlike server like a naughty little pipsqueak and I pissed myself with excitement.. for about 2 hours (even though I played it for 2 weeks afterwards). The gameplay is just terrible combat wise, it's just some weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty in playing a class correctly. So many people complain about the game being dumbed down mechanically in retail but truly, madly, deeply, Vanilla is some grade A child-level style of play. Thus consequently, my hype was set ablaze.

If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay then fine, but are there any of you people who are hyped but haven't actually played it in years and just remember the good times? I urge you to get up to some mischief and realise how boring it is, and save yourself from the disappointment of when it does actually get released in 2046, rather than let your hopes and dreams straggle along into the depths of Xavius' left tit.

As the wise White Wizard once doth proclaimed, "Harken to me!!!"

It'll be crap because we already lived through it. There won't be a nice exploration... because we already did it.
    I bet that most of the people will rush to the level cap and then become bored because of the grind.

WoW has changed, I can't come back in time, which is kinda sad... but being a realist I know that the times changed. People think that leveling is boring/waste of time and they are rushing now to the level cap asap instead of enjoying the World(Azeroth). They'll be mostly dissapointed, because there weren't PUG groups and plenty of the max-level content as we have now. Nonetheless - there are still things to do, just not as much as we had in the newer expansions.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-01-06 at 06:29 PM.

Private servers usually provide a nerfed down gaming experience even if they claim to be 100% blizzlike.

But anyway, even the shittiest private server tastes better than the crap they try to feed us in retail servers.

i will just wait untill realease as its free and that means i dont have to do anything illegal,then form my own opinion as to how it plays after all these years,but i already know as i played wow from beta untill now,im aware there has been many good changes but also alot of poor ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Private servers usually provide a nerfed down gaming experience even if they claim to be 100% blizzlike.

But anyway, even the shittiest private server tastes better than the crap they try to feed us in retail servers.
    You've missed my point entirely, I'm saying that the combat mechanics and gameplay are so boring that everything else Vanilla has isn't enough to keep interest. You can say whatever you like about combat in retail, PvP or PvE, but it is in reality complex and engaging, be it facing players or AI. No one is going to outplay you in Classic, because there is no depth to any combat engagement. You may have two thousand abilities, but they don't supplement engaging gameplay when you're trying to beat shit up.
    Last edited by Pum; 2018-01-06 at 06:47 PM.

Then you can simply continue to play the retail. Or are you trying to convince the others how bad is vanilla, like some kind of weird preacher?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Then you can simply continue to play the retail. Or are you trying to convince the others how bad is vanilla, like some kind of weird preacher?
    Great comment, add it to the thousands of others saying the exact same. I'm trying to get people who are hyped about the game who played it way back when and haven't dabbled in the dark arts of illegality to perhaps not get so hyped to avoid disappointment. I was so hyped, dabbled, now deflated because the chasm of combat gameplay between Vanilla and retail is incomparable.

I was hyped precisely because I played Vanilla, and despite always remembering the flaws, the rose-tinted batty glasses had actually seeped through my eyeballs and into my skull.
    Last edited by Pum; 2018-01-06 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't play it

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Then don't play it
    Clearly didn't read. The rose-tinted peasants must be warned, only until the dabbling of witchcraft did I pry the broken shards from my eyeballs, cast my loin-cloth rags aside and whisk my pitchfork into the sunset, did I realise what view I had of Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously then don't play it, there are tons of games out there that people call crap and yet still get tons of players.

Just because you don't or no longer enjoy something doesn't mean there aren't others who won't, I played original vanilla beginning in 2006 and yet still am enjoying it a decade later for years on private servers there are many whom do the exact same.

This "warning" people that it may not be for them is really silly people should know before buying/purchasing a product to do some research first especially when the product in question is over a decade+ old, All the information about WoW:Classic is readily available if someone isn't going to like it chances are they have plenty of information readily available to make that decision on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalek View Post
    Seriously then don't play it, there are tons of games out there that people call crap and yet still get tons of players.

Just because you don't or no longer enjoy something doesn't mean there aren't others who won't, I played original vanilla beginning in 2006 and yet still am enjoying it a decade later for years on private servers there are many whom do the exact same.

This "warning" people that it may not be for them is really silly people should know before buying/purchasing a product to do some research first especially when the product in question is over a decade+ old, All the information about WoW:Classic is readily available if someone isn't going to like it chances are they have plenty of information readily available to make that decision on their own.
    There is no greater substitute of research than to actually go onto a private server, I'm guessing thousands of Vanilla players haven't stepped foot in one and can't physically remember how it was in combat, the game has moved on way too much. My post is specifically towards people who have played it in Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I don't know if I'm completely overestimating the amount of interest in Classic, but I literally don't get it anymore. I was swept up in the atomic hype after the initial announcement, Vanilla was great, lots and lots of flaws but overall a great era for WoW with a very different experience to retail.

Because of said hype, I shuffled onto a private blizzlike server like a naughty little pipsqueak and I pissed myself with excitement.. for about 2 hours (even though I played it for 2 weeks afterwards). The gameplay is just terrible combat wise, it's just some weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty in playing a class correctly. So many people complain about the game being dumbed down mechanically in retail but truly, madly, deeply, Vanilla is some grade A child-level style of play. Thus consequently, my hype was set ablaze.

If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay then fine, but are there any of you people who are hyped but haven't actually played it in years and just remember the good times? I urge you to get up to some mischief and realise how boring it is, and save yourself from the disappointment of when it does actually get released in 2046, rather than let your hopes and dreams straggle along into the depths of Xavius' left tit.

Perhaps other people don’t feel the same way that you do; you are positing your opinion as fact, when it is clearly subjective. You could be correct, but it’s up to the individual to determine.

On a somewhat related subject, I don’t know that the actual gameplay mechanics are the driving force behind the classic nostalgia; I think for most people it’s the pacing, the sense of community, and a reconnection to past excitement. Personally, any interest in vanilla I have has almost no attachment to my spell rotation. Obviously, the simple rotations needed have dulled your interest, and while it might be the same for others, it also may not mean a thing.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly didn't read. The rose-tinted peasants must be warned, only until the dabbling of witchcraft did I pry the broken shards from my eyeballs, cast my loin-cloth rags aside and whisk my pitchfork into the sunset, did I realise what view I had of Vanilla.
    My paladin is about 43 on the newer server. I've leveled characters on numerous other servers. Trying to "warn" people about Vanilla just makes you look like a hater, because there are plenty of us who enjoy the game. If you tried it and didn't like it, just move on. Most people know what they're getting into for Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no greater substitute of research than to actually go onto a private server, I'm guessing thousands of Vanilla players haven't stepped foot in one and can't physically remember how it was in combat, the game has moved on way too much. My post is specifically towards people who have played it in Vanilla.
    Well then they can see for themselves come Classic release if they don't like it they can stop playing its really that simple especially if the Live WoW and Classic subscriptions are combined.
    There is literal zero sense to warn people to not play a game especially when its a decade old and nearly all information about it is so abundant, there are already dozens of posts by similar posters telling very well of the combat and mechanics of vanilla being so different from the Live version of WoW another one wasn't entirely needed.

There will be plenty of videos, posts, reviews and much more likely come classic release this isn't a scam by some indie developer its from one of the largest and most prestigious game developers in the industry.
    The game has already been played and had ample evidence or documentation of any possible turnoffs exposed already, people who won't be interested after Classic release are likely going to be the same people not interested now.

Also for the record I did in fact play in vanilla and have played on private servers and yet still prefer the game/class/balance mechanics and the such to the current Live version of WoW, there are also thousands who currently play on unauthorized servers so its nothing new that some may still prefer the old version of mechanics/combat and more.
    Last edited by Zaeyla; 2018-01-06 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I obviously don't speak for everyone (nor would I try to, unlike some)... but I think the magic of Classic for at least some people was a combination of it's parts. The fact that WoW presented this massive, unknown world to explore, quests and NPCs which have become iconic, beautiful music (I'll personally NEVER forget the first time I heard Elwynn's back in 2004) and a pretty impressive level of polish aside from the 'more players than we expected' hiccups.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted

Obvious troll is obvious. As Mikepreach was saying a few weeks ago: little troll Billie is having a whale of a time right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly there is also many whom will like and play it for its other features, gameplay or content other then just the combat or mechanics, Classic WoW was so much more then just raiding or combat or mechanics and whatever else it was a complete package full of content and things to do beyond just one or two things.

Many people played Classic for many different reasons and will likely do so on the new Classic realms as well, we have proof of this on the current unauthorized private servers that exist and have existed for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I believe he is just trying to help people not get hype into a "it's been done" game. That offers nothing new at all, only disappointment on how bland the vanilla truly is. Only reason why they are so hyped because of Nostalgia, and that burns up really quickly. Anyone looking forward to vanilla, you are just setting up for some disappointment really. Nostalgia alone is not enough to keep you playing the vanilla. I don't get why people are so hyped on a game that its been done and over with. Just be looking at the gameplay, it looks utterly boorish.

Vanilla just looks..........Boring

15+ Year Old Account
    Daz coo. I went on nost and had a blast.

As others have said, if this game isn't for you, don't play it; stick to retail.

Although I imagine your narrative is drama.

In which case, tell us all those warstories about leveling in retail. That time you were fighting 2 mobs while leveling, and almost escaped with your life. Zzzzz...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    <SNIP > Just be looking at the gameplay, it looks utterly boorish.

Vanilla just looks..........Boring
    Yes comments like this are borish. Those who never bother to experience it, just recap the same borish blah blah over and over that they heard someone say on their retail server. It's ownership syndrome. I paid money for X, so therefore it's better, since I wouldn't have spent money otherwise. Your putting me to sleep.