Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You think there's been a shortage of "PLS GIB HAI ALVES" threads? This has been going on for over a decade, usually with the same suspects.

You think Blizzard isn't aware that there are people that want High Elves? The fact of the matter is that this was the opportunity to add them, Blizzard was very aware that there were people who wanted them, and still they went out of their way to give not High Elves, but another variety of elf. They would rather pull a whole new elf variety out of their ass than give High Elves. Maybe that's a sign.
    Well... people still have the right to voice their preference. It is not dependent on what Blizzard does. It's called freedom of speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Their plea was answered and Blizzard created Void Elves, former Blood Elves of the Horde, now exiles, led by Alleria Windrunner, a High Elf. This just knocks the need for Alliance Blood Elves and High Elves out of the park. The problem of a need has been solved.
    What? No. Hilariously no. I'm not pro-High Elf, but it doesn't take an intellectual to realize that High Elf fans won't be happy with anything short of High Elves. They want them more for their lore and canon more than their character model, otherwise they'd be playing Blood Elves who have a very different demeanor.

The addition of High Elves would also cause an imbalance with Elves since Alliance would have -3- playable elf races which obviously would cause many Horde players whom play Belf to flock to Alliance and increase the Elven population further.
    So? Alliance is the "High Fantasy" faction. Having more of that theme wouldn't make them out of place. We aren't worried about imbalance of Trolls, Humans or Dwarves. Don't be silly.

Also the High Elves would be led by undoubtly one of the most naive, ignorant, illogical and stupidest of characters in the game: Veressa Windrunner.
    That's subjective, not objective. Opinion, not fact. The people that want High Elves usually love her character. Their opinion is different than yours.

Ion hazzikostas CONFIRMED they will never be added.
    He never, ever said that. That was your head canon and twisting of his words.

The High Elves lore wise are nearly extinct also so making them the most played race in the Alliance would be practically lore breaking already as it is for the Blood Elves in the Horde.
    So there are more Void Elves than High Elves, huh? Dude, you hate High Elves. That's fine, but stop pushing your opinion and your perceptions as absolute facts. It invalidates all of your points. With Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei being added the population question for races is forever dead.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2018-01-06 at 05:22 PM.

It would be so funny if the remaining High Elves in the next expansion willingly joined the Ren'dorei and were turned into Void Elves by Lady Alleria. At least you guys would finally put your hearts at rest.

I shall have rest when void elves will be actually different from blood elves, because right now, they are taking high elven spot and that is my biggest issue, they are just purple blood elves with additional customization options. Nightborne have tattoos, different body shape, different posture, great background lore and characters. If void allows void elves to have beard and bald head, then it could certainly change their body shape and posture.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    "Ion hazzikostas CONFIRMED they will never be added." No he did not. He said they weren't added over void elves because they are similar to blood elves.

If Blizzard wants to add high elves due to the massive demand, they will. If they don't, they won't. Their opinions will differ across the years. Remember how two years ago we didn't want vanilla servers, and neither did Blizzard? Guess who announced classic at Blizzcon.
    there has been "massive" demand for years.

obviously they released void elves because they thought that would solve the alliance whining. but i feel like most people will be happy with void elves. to be frank it's just a vocal minority on the forums that keep complaining no matter what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    It would be so funny if the remaining High Elves in the next expansion willingly joined the Ren'dorei and were turned into Void Elves by Lady Alleria. At least you guys would finally put your hearts at rest.
    Not sure who that is addressed to. I'd be delighted if it happened of course. No more High Elves means no more complaining...that anyone can take seriously. I don't imagine every single High Elf being dead would stop the demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    I shall have rest when void elves will be actually different from blood elves, because right now, they are taking high elven spot and that is my biggest issue, they are just purple blood elves with additional customization options. Nightborne have tattoos, different body shape, different posture, great background lore and characters. If void allows void elves to have beard and bald head, then it could certainly change their body shape and posture.
    I think you'll find Blood Elves took the High Elf spot because they are High Elves. I am all for Void Elves being as different as possible from Blood Elves, but it's not going to open up a High Elf spot on the Alliance anymore than the Nightborne being different have opened up a spot for the Night Elves on the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    there has been "massive" demand for years.

obviously they released void elves because they thought that would solve the alliance whining. but i feel like most people will be happy with void elves. to be frank it's just a vocal minority on the forums that keep complaining no matter what they do.
    I think this is true.

I'm not sure about all the other self-proclaimed Lore Experts but couldn't you say that each of these Elven Races are legitimate races or just factions of the same Elven Race? Is there enough physical/mental differences between each Elven Race to say that they're an actual race and not just a sub-faction?
    Aren't High Elves and Blood Elves practically the same Elf? Or because of the Fel involvement and then purification of them changed them enough to be considered a separate race? Likewise for Void Elves, who are former Blood Elves that joined Alleria, did the Void genetically change them enough to consider them a separate race?

This always bothered me.

Same with Nightborne, are the Nightborne different enough with their isolation and arcane involvement with the Nightwell that they're different enough to their Night Elven brothers and sisters? Is 10k years enough time to show enough change to call them a separate race?

Helves do have a chance of being added to the Alliance as a Nelf subrace. A Nelf faction is already making it into the Horde as a Belf subrace, I don't see why it can't be reversed. It definitely is possible, especially considering lore-wise they already are a part of the Alliance. Problems are that they are way too few (again, lore-wise) and too similar to the Belves. They have no unique traits and if other subraces are an example, Blizzard wants to make them stand out from the rest. Having a different eyeglow isn't really cutting it.

So, if anything, I see the chance of Blizzard sticking it to the fans and introducing Helves as a Belf race. But they won't do that, which means Helves won't make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Helves do have a chance of being added to the Alliance as a Nelf subrace. A Nelf faction is already making it into the Horde as a Belf subrace, I don't see why it can't be reversed. It definitely is possible, especially considering lore-wise they already are a part of the Alliance. Problems are that they are way too few (again, lore-wise) and too similar to the Belves. They have no unique traits and if other subraces are an example, Blizzard wants to make them stand out from the rest. Having a different eyeglow isn't really cutting it.

So, if anything, I see the chance of Blizzard sticking it to the fans and introducing Helves as a Belf race. But they won't do that, which means Helves won't make it.
    I can't find it but quite recently Blizzard insist on that they'll never make High Elves playable. Now, they could change down the road, especially with the sent of money but as of right now, especially now with Void Elves we probably won't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post

There is no such a thing subrace system and there will never will be.

The Allied race system is similar in conception but different in execution.

Void Elves are the answer to the dilemma you discuss, thalassian elves but different enough to be justified.

High Elves on the Alliance though is never going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pringlesniffer View Post
    I can't find it but quite recently Blizzard insist on that they'll never make High Elves playable. Now, they could change down the road, especially with the sent of money but as of right now, especially now with Void Elves we probably won't
    They didn't quite say that. The Game Director said High Elves are already playable as Blood Elves, with the implication being they wouldn't be made playable again for the Alliance.

And if money was such a big incentive for it, they would have done it years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just curious, but when did he say that? Can I have a link, please?
    He doesn't outright say "No" but he pretty much confirms it.

https://youtu.be/DkdTS_8Y61Q?t=17m58s

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I am afraid you don't get a cookie.

This was a rhetorical trap on my part.

I once went over this argument a couple of years back in another high elf thread. Did my own check on the High Elf population of Stormwind and found that most were Silver Covenant NPCs added in WOTLK but I did find the one or two who didn't fit.

The point, for anyone trying to take up my challenge, was for them to dredge through Stormwind's population and either realise just how pathetically tiny this Stormwind High Elven population pro High Elfers are always going on about actually is...or they would list the tiny number of NPCs they found and prove my point anyway.
    How dare you....i was dreaming with that cookie.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    How dare you....i was dreaming with that cookie.
    Oh fair enough, have a cookie for doing the work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It is not all of us. It is the elf lovers and elf fans which have congregated within the Horde's playerbase. They are Horde players simply because the Horde is the only faction that gives them their pretty elves and in return they've become a vocal majority, making it look like the majority of proper Horde players got anything to do with what they think about Alliance high elves.

In reality, they're just scared someone might get a prettier and cleaner version of the elves they already play.
    I mean, I'm honest. I want High Elves, but I could live without having them. What I don't can accept are Void Elves. Because they are something that nobody wants, that has no place in the Lore and that simply spits at the wishes of a section of the World of Warcraft Players. Its trolling, nothing but trolling and you can see it by people even on the official servers asking for Void Elves to be replaced by something else. Nobody ever wanted them. They are a worse option than having no Elves at all, because its obvious that Blizzard did it only for the sake of spitting at the Alliance. Like they only spitted at the Alliance the entirety of Cataclysm by directly showing off that they will invest the least amount of ressources to Alliance-Content and use them for Horde-Content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    He doesn't outright say "No" but he pretty much confirms it.

https://youtu.be/DkdTS_8Y61Q?t=17m58s
    No, he didn't. Besides, Blizzard rarely, ever, says "never" to an idea. Their current stance may be that they have no intention of adding playable high elves, but plans usually change with time.

To say that he "confirms that there will never be an allied race" is plain wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No, he didn't. Besides, Blizzard rarely, ever, says "never" to an idea. Their current stance may be that they have no intention of adding playable high elves, but plans usually change with time.

To say that he "confirms that there will never be an allied race" is plain wrong.
    Yep, the fact he didn't say never (only saying they are already playable. Which should give hope to those seeking playable Orcs too) is the tiniest window of hope for those seeking playable High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Well... people still have the right to voice their preference. It is not dependent on what Blizzard does. It's called freedom of speech.
    No one is stopping you from voicing your opinion, but they're still gonna consider it silly.

Keep yelling for ages, but don't act like Blizzard just accidentally overlooked adding High Elves when they made Void Elves.

What I'm saying is that between giving High Elves and making a whole new type of Elf, they still felt that the latter was the more worthwhile option.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's simple: they didn't forget about the existence of High Elves. Hell, Vereesa and Alleria are both High Elves. They went out of their way to not give playable High Elves, and decided Void Elves would be just unique and different enough to make playable.

You already have people complaining about Void Elves being too similar to Blood Elves. Imagine if we had High Elves, literally Blood Elves with blue eyes, instead.
    Because a cow with antlers and tattoos is so different.

Of course Blizzard ignored the potential for different hair colors/styles regarding High Elves.

Void Elves are just complete shit. RIP Alliance RP.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I mean, I'm honest. I want High Elves, but I could live without having them. What I don't can accept are Void Elves. Because they are something that nobody wants, that has no place in the Lore and that simply spits at the wishes of a section of the World of Warcraft Players. Its trolling, nothing but trolling and you can see it by people even on the official servers asking for Void Elves to be replaced by something else. Nobody ever wanted them. They are a worse option than having no Elves at all, because its obvious that Blizzard did it only for the sake of spitting at the Alliance. Like they only spitted at the Alliance the entirety of Cataclysm by directly showing off that they will invest the least amount of ressources to Alliance-Content and use them for Horde-Content instead.
    I'm not interested in playing a high elf, but I've always believed that they should've been playable on the Alliance side. Ogres are the race I wish to see playable on the Horde side. I understand why those that wanted Alliance high elves are annoyed, especially because they recieved void elves in the end. To top it off, another elf race got crammed into the Horde.

I'd be annoyed if the Alliance got ogres because of their hostilities with orcs on Draenor, only for the Horde to recieve "cyborg ogres" a few expansions later because "Blizzard won't make a race similar to an existing playable race". Void elves should never have happened and the Nightborne shouldn't have become a playable race either.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-07 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Because a cow with antlers and tattoos is so different.

Of course Blizzard ignored the potential for different hair colors/styles regarding High Elves.

Void Elves are just complete shit. RIP Alliance RP.
    More so than a Blood Elf with blue eyes.