Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Breaking News: Developers favor the Horde!
    Nice joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Regular Blood Elves are all I need. And it's a shame they got so little to no attention since MoP - they were getting interesting.
    Yup, they've had next to no development since 5.2. Only Liadrin returning the favor to the Draenei by saving Talador and helping them on Argus. And as a guest star in the nightborne questline.

I really want to see them do something with all the tech they got from the Mogu.

horde is the elf faction. idk if that’s good or bad though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Breaking News: Developers favor the Horde!
    why do alliance players love to play the victim? it’s just a game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Absolutely. Horde was fine before, even with the super ugly hunched races everywhere.
    Horde population wasnt fine thats the reason blizz added blood elfs during bc, in classic Alliance was like 60/40 against horde. IF horde was fine before any elves came it, blizz wouldnt have added thel to the horde.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    So it seems. According to the official website, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal who succesfully defied the shadows' whispers:

'Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers'

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ba...s/allied-races

Yes, as in they have succesfully defied the shadows' whispers, something no other mortal has ever accomplished before. Also, source that Alleria is certain that one day she will give into the whispers?
    The end of the audio Drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Well blizzard could write a far more balanced story, but they have shown no sign of it. So I'd have to agree with the OP here, which is why all my elf characters will be horde next expac even though he has stated he will try a void elf.

The night elves look weak and terrible, to get them anywhere on par with the horde elves, they'd have to engineer a victory against them which I don't see happening, further they'd have to raise up the highborne amongst the night elves to replace the nightborne they lost to the horde - i don't see that happening either because of the few highborne, except if they restore the FArondis ghosts by some Elune miracle which I don't see happening. THey'd also have to give the night elves Suramar, or at least engineer a situation which they share it with the nightborne - but such a move would mean engineering a direction for the night elven races that is not really engaged in the faction conflict but has a focused enough and shared goal that supercedes the conflict. I don't see this happening either although I firmly think it's the most appropriate, exciting and suitable development both for said night elf groups and the factions too.

Also they'd have to develop the high elves and the void elves as their own group - give them a city or a story that though connected strongly to the blood elves, also has things happening of their own. They won't give them Silvermoon, the next best alternative would be to give them something like Skywall or Dalaran, but they won't give them either. Skywall would be the obvious choice as Dalaran is more a world city centre.

Too many ifs and shifting around, there really isn't anything in the 14 years of wow that has shown me blizzard willing to develop the alliance elves, it's all centred around the horde for the elves. It's also weird that it is the elves that should have a strong identity on both factions rather than the humans.

It really makes it awkward as blizzard keep forcing human and orc themes, yet the major playerbase goes elven. All because they really make the elves enticing, but that's not a bad thing, as long as people keep playing right?
    Skywall ?? the home of the air elementals?

The problem of night elves is that they are part of the alliance and in the alliance, everything is subsumed to humans.
    in the horde contrary always left space for the blood elves to develop independently.

I do not know if it is bad writing or Blizz heed the players of the alliance, I read many threads of players of the alliance asking to give the nightborne horde so that the alliance has blood elf model. or read Alliance players rejoice to take lordaeron and say "who the fuck does care darnassus "
    I think that is the majority opinion in the alliance while the humans are good that fuck the night elves
    the majority does not matter what happens in kalindor only interested in the eastern realms
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2018-01-07 at 12:17 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you insist it's a competition and there has to be a loser in order for there to be a winner? I think both sides are winners with the added race customization options. Just hoping the feature won't detract from the content available in the rest of the expansion.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

So it seems. According to the official website, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal who succesfully defied the shadows' whispers:

'Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers'

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ba...s/allied-races

Yes, as in they have succesfully defied the shadows' whispers, something no other mortal has ever accomplished before. Also, source that Alleria is certain that one day she will give into the whispers?
    Her visions of the future. But the actual vision shows her willingly embracing the voids, but we don't know why. As far as we know, she may not fall to the voices, but make a sacrifice that saves Azeroth itself.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

As far as we know, she may not fall to the voices, but make a sacrifice that saves Azeroth itself.
    Indeed. It's been some time since i've listened to the audio story, but i recall Lothraxion even claiming that he doesn't think Alleria will give into the voices, that she may still be saved.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I like that the "savage" tribal horde is also at the same time the most magically inclined and elegant sophisticated faction
    Then you have forsaken which is a sinister darker side.

So many different shades where as for alliance pffft humans dwarves and gnomes are so uniform they may as well be the same nation when 95% of the time its a Human commander leading the charge.

and across the board for the Alliance it's absolutely cut and dry Lawful Neutral. They think they are good but we know better with characters like Veressa being fit only for a noose on her neck for her actions.

Dwarves minimal to no development
    Gnomes minimal to no development
    Nightelves Minimal development ESPECIALLY on their leaders as for Night Elven Sub Leaders ? LOL

I think Rommath and Lady Liiadrin has done more in WoW than Tyrande and Shandris has somehow done even less then Tyrande

Lets keep going Draenei well draenei have been prominent in several expansions but it usually features Liiadrin and the Blood Knights right along with them being honorable Allies with a debt of gratitude for the race and Velen.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Indeed. It's been some time since i've listened to the audio story, but i recall Lothraxion even claiming that he doesn't think Alleria will give into the voices, that she may still be saved.
    after Lorthraxion says that, she responds that she knows she will fall one day.

- - - Updated - - -

Night elves getting even a fraction of development the Sin'Dorei have would be great, I just don't think they know what to do with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Skywall ?? the home of the air elementals?

The problem of night elves is that they are part of the alliance and in the alliance, everything is subsumed to humans.
    in the horde the cotrar always left space for the blood elves to develop independently.

I do not know if it is bad writing or Blizz heed the players of the alliance, I read many threads of players of the alliance asking to give the nightborne horde so that the alliance has blood elf model. or read Alliance players rejoice to take lordaeron and say "who the fuck does care darnassus "
    I think that is the majority opinion in the alliance while the humans are good that fuck the night elves
    the majority does not matter what happens in kalindor only interested in the eastern realms
    Maybe the Night Elves should wise up that the Alliance is not and never was in their best interest afterall

Lets not forget it was thrall and the Tauren / Darkspear / Orcs of Kalimdor that Stood alongside the Nightelves at Mount Hyjal. Not Stormwind and certainly not Ironforge.

after Lorthraxion says that, she responds that she knows she will fall one day.
    Considering that conversation happened centuries before Mac'aree, and Alleria now feels confident enough to train a renegade group of Blood Elves into the Void, she has changed her mindset. If she still feared that she would give into the shadows one day, it doesn't make sense that she would train Umbric and his followers into the Void, thus dooming them to her same fate.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Considering that conversation happened centuries before Mac'aree, and Alleria now feels confident enough to train a renegade group of Blood Elves into the Void, she has changed her mindset. If she still feared that she would give into the shadows one day, it doesn't make sense that she would train Umbric and his followers into the Void, thus dooming them to her same fate.
    Alleria is so confident in here power

and then moments later in Quel'Thalas she almost damns the nation because she can't control the void Energy or the Rifts to planes she opens around herself to void monstrocities.

Alleria and the Void Elves are a shit show waiting to happen.

But Lorthrmar already said as much.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    those 20 who got transformed into half ethereals? they are already doomed to extinction.
    Well, he's right tho, the numbers don't even matter.

High/blood elf lore is 1 main story, which is already told and fleshed out when we learned High elves became blood elves and followed a darker path and with their tribute in BC. So this gives them room for more story being pushed towards the new Void Elves and it will prob be easier then trying to make something up for high elves in dalaran right.

About time the Horde won anything. Hastn't happened for... ahm... good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Well, that is how Silvermoon functioned prior to WCIII. Alleria and her band were of the few who went to help the Alliance.
    Really? Well maybe it isn't that far-fetched afterall. I guess if horde players continue to complain that the horde is losing its identity to elfies and alliance continue to be disatisfied by the elven lore they get but not willing to give ground on the human focus, blizzard might realize that indeed the best solution is to do something different and separate with the elves in the lore and use them outside faction matters.

Imagine a BfA full out war faction conflict, where the elves are just not involved in the story of it cos they are dealing with other things? Sure elf players can help out and partake, but the races and their leaders, retinue, assets etc, just not involved cos they're not really involved much with either faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Well, he's right tho, the numbers don't even matter.

High/blood elf lore is 1 main story, which is already told and fleshed out when we learned High elves became blood elves and followed a darker path and with their tribute in BC. So this gives them room for more story being pushed towards the new Void Elves and it will prob be easier then trying to make something up for high elves in dalaran right.
    Indeed. Night elf/nightborne lore is also 1 main story, and I suspect we will see a similar approach carried out, though I wonder if it would follow the same conflict path as the high/blood elves or try something different like actually make them close friends and continue developing the night elf future despite the two groups being in a different faction - which would mean faction would have to be a secondary thing to them. I really wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Well, that is how Silvermoon functioned prior to WCIII. Alleria and her band were of the few who went to help the Alliance.
    @Mace
    They were helping by orders of the king Anasterianto fulfill an old covenant with the bloodline of the Arathor kings.
    afterwards the high elves fought alongside the alliance with their full forces until the final defeat of the horde, while the humans abandoned the elves to their fate in quelthalas and anasterian had to defeat the amani without help and that is why the high elves they abandoned the alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Unpopular opinion: some of you are waaaaaaaaaaay too into this 'horde vs alliance' thing. I get having a preference but all of these wannabe-analytical topics about 'Horde gets X thing thus is superior to Alliance Y thing because of this list of shit that is actually just, like, my opinion man' are just insane.

Alliance has elves. Horde has elves. Any superiority between the two, in terms of lore or models or whatever, is 100% subjective.
    Objectively Every other Elf option (Night Elf, Blood Elf, Nightborne) Dwarves the population of Void Elves massively. There's like 100 Void Elves total (being generous). There are lore differences that can make a faction joining your side objectively better (Population is a fairly big one)

Draenei and worgen have a lot more potential than elves anyway. Elves have sadly become a dominantly Horde thing and it is just ridiculous to which extent Blizzard changed the Horde in an attempt to make it as Alliance-like as possible; it is barely reckognizable anymore as undead humans, undead high elves, blood elves and now also night elves run the show.

The Alliance is at least still based around humans and has had huge draenei and fair worgen development, with dwarves taking the spotlight in the form of the Dark Iron clan in BfA. The Horde got a warchief that doesn't give a damn about the various races and only uses the faction to get her messed up aspirations across.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    @Mace
    They were helping by orders of the king Anasterianto fulfill an old covenant with the bloodline of the Arathor kings.
    afterwards the high elves fought alongside the alliance with their full forces until the final defeat of the horde, while the humans abandoned the elves to their fate in quelthalas and anasterian had to defeat the amani without help and that is why the high elves they abandoned the alliance
    No, Alleria acted on her own.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-01-07 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Draenei and worgen have a lot more potential than elves anyway. Elves have sadly become a dominantly Horde thing and it is just ridiculous to which extent Blizzard changed the Horde in an attempt to make it as Alliance-like as possible; it is barely reckognizable anymore as undead humans, undead high elves, blood elves and now also night elves run the show.

The Alliance is at least still based around humans and has had huge draenei and fair worgen development, with dwarves taking the spotlight in the form of the Dark Iron clan in BfA. The Horde got a warchief that doesn't give a damn about the various races and only uses the faction to get her messed up aspirations across.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Alleria acted on her own.
    Lothar continued to bolster his forces, seeking aid wherever it could be found in preparation for the war ahead. To this end, the Supreme Commander contacted the high elven nation of Quel'Thalas. As a descendant of the famed king Thoradin, Lothar was able to make use of an ancient oath sworn to the ancient king by the high elves in times past, during the Troll Wars. Despite this, the high elves proved reluctant, not viewing the Horde as a serious threat.

King Anasterian Sunstrider only subsequently sent a small, token, fleet to aid the Alliance.