Deleted

Lightbulb Reading up on the Warcraft Universe and it's Lore?

Hi, as the tittle states, is there any place online where you can read up upon the entire WoW lore?

I have been playing WoW for over 12 years and lore only started interesting me greatly the last couple of years.
    I also played the Warcraft series some time ago so I got some storyline knowledge thanks to that.
    I have found mostly pieces of story without a general timeline.

If anyonecould provide some good relieable source it would be much appreciated by me and many others.

wowpedia.org has plenty of lore for all characters in the game as well as book summaries and a timeline i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Google "read warcraft chronicle online"

That'll get ya there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyz View Post
    Google "read warcraft chronicle online"

That'll get ya there.
    Thanks, I found the 2 first books. Will definitely give them a read.

Chronicle is the best place to start, then Wowpedia if you want to dig deeper on certain characters / places / events. If you want something more easily digestible, there's plenty of people on youtube that dedicate their channels to Warcraft lore. And yes, there's more than just Nobbel87.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Hi, as the tittle states, is there any place online where you can read up upon the entire WoW lore?

I have been playing WoW for over 12 years and lore only started interesting me greatly the last couple of years.
    I also played the Warcraft series some time ago so I got some storyline knowledge thanks to that.
    I have found mostly pieces of story without a general timeline.

If anyonecould provide some good relieable source it would be much appreciated by me and many others.
    get the chronicles. also the books in game, some in scarlet monastery, some in the cities and inns also provide stories, quests of course, the books by knaak or golden *(issue here: these are sometimes retconned or just extrapolated so be careful)

also if you want a look at the factions, at least level each race to 20ish. it will give you some insight into their character or faction usage.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend chronicles, wowpedia and wowhead. I'd personally avoid some online play sources like Nobbel ect.

Wowpedia is great for text. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Portal:Main

Nobbel87 on youtube is great for when you want videos. He's got videos on every artifact weapon and order hall quest line as far as I know now, which are far more entertaining than reading about them. As well as a few...special videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Thanks, I found the 2 first books. Will definitely give them a read.
    I think there's only two at the moment, Blizzard's working on at least one more. It's the most up to date version of the lore - Warcraft has had a long history of retcons (soft or not so soft) and this is the most current official version.

Wowpedia is a great resource, it's generally up to date. Might still be some old stuff left in there (eg, any references to the RPG are non-canon now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Check out Nobble87 on youtube. he's basically the king of wow lore videos and very entertaining to listen to