Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Have you watched the Blizzcon panel on Artifact armor? From what they showed they are like artifact weapons but RNG and you have to figure out which talents are stronger than the other options because you won't have all of the traits. It is significantly more confusing / convoluted than Legion weapons. Not being able to switch specs easily wasn't confusing and if anything the gap was smaller between switching specs than ever.
    Whatever you're smoking i'd love some. There is no RNG with the BfA items, each trait will always be the same on the same piece of armor. The shoulders from the first boss of the raid will always have the same traits....

And really... you used to only have to get a weapon for the most part, now you need three relics and to level it... yea so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You didn't watch the panel at all. They specifically stated there was no RNG and each item has a specific layout and can see what those traits are in the Dungeon Journal. The item level of the item determines how strong the traits are. So LFR helm would share the same traits as a Mythic helm but the Mythic helm would be stronger.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275390/b...art-of-azeroth
    Do you actually trust Blizzard to balance that so all of the trait choices are viable? I don't. Not when they can't even make talent trees have actual viable choices. At least with the current system you eventually get all of the traits and right now you can have all of the major traits in a couple hours or less at 110.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want our Artifacts to be "reset" after complaining it makes no sense that they are going away? If you remove all of the traits is it really the same Artifact?

If they can't make talent trees with balanced and viable choices then why are you arguing that the Heart of Azeroth will have balanced and viable choices you have to research? Again your own argument is moot by your own words.
    Great job at taking one sentence out of context and ignoring the rest of the comment! It's actually hilarious because you said and I quote
    "There is no good way to transition them over to the next expansion either. They loose all power and traits? That sounds silly. We get new ones? What about the old ones?"
    You literally set up the conversation to have no win. Amazing bias and ability to twist things!

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Its fine, my only problem with all of this is going back to having to HOPE for a good weapon drop in raids to even be able to compete on the dps meters.... D:
    You would rather get 3 relics with 9 different buffs instead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except that STILL makes no sense, because we've been using the Scepter of Sargeras just fine and powering that up, which is also you know, filled to the brim with Legion/Sargeras power, yet....here we are.

And WoW has shown itself to have no "Negative energy", hell, the whole plot line of Legion has been "use the enemy's power against them". Demon Hunters, and now Void Elves.
    The Scepter of Sargeras is not the same as his Sword. Two different objects can have different levels of power. That is why you are using the Scepter of Sargeras instead of a short staff (http://www.wowhead.com/item=2132/short-staff). The Scepter of Sargeras may have been filled with power and we may have added to it but that doesn't mean it is automatically the most powerful thing ever. It makes perfect sense you just don't want to accept it.

Your argument is essentially "I want my artifact to be the most powerful thing in the universe so it doesn't make sense that anything else could be more powerful". That is the real argument that doesn't make any sense because our artifacts have never been presented as such.

You are arguing semantics. WoW doesn't have "negative energy" but it has power that counter acts other power. It is why we have both healing and damage things. Using your logic of no "negative energy" there would be no way to kill anyone. The Fel would never have been able to corrupt anyone. The Titans, The Naruu, the Legion, and the Old Gods would all be the same energy.

At this point you are sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALA IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE I SAY SO LALALALALALALA"

- - - Updated - - -

You literally set up the conversation to have no win. Amazing bias and ability to twist things!
    Because it doesn't have a win. That is the point. Based on your original comments you set up that very scenario you are accusing me of twisting around.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I agree it is pretty lame. Going back to weapon drops again is going to suck too...I bet the next xpac has half the amount of people that Legion has...just too many things Blizz has been doing wrong and still doing wrong when people are dropping this game faster than ever before...

The Scepter of Sargeras is not the same as his Sword. Two different objects can have different levels of power. That is why you are using the Scepter of Sargeras instead of a short staff (http://www.wowhead.com/item=2132/short-staff). The Scepter of Sargeras may have been filled with power and we may have added to it but that doesn't mean it is automatically the most powerful thing ever. It makes perfect sense you just don't want to accept it.
    Nowhere does anything say the Sword is the most powerful thing either, and no one is talking about it being that? The point is we've been empowering our weapons with whatever we can get our hands on, regardless of source.

A few of the weapons are even empowered by the Old Gods. It's silly to think this sword wouldn't be another source of power.

Your argument is essentially "I want my artifact to be the most powerful thing in the universe so it doesn't make sense that anything else could be more powerful". That is the real argument that doesn't make any sense because our artifacts have never been presented as such.
    No, I would have rather the weapons blew up trying to contain it if anything. Not "Oh, suddenly they're powerless!".

You are arguing semantics. WoW doesn't have "negative energy" but it has power that counter acts other power. It is why we have both healing and damage things. Using your logic of no "negative energy" there would be no way to kill anyone. The Fel would never have been able to corrupt anyone. The Titans, The Naruu, the Legion, and the Old Gods would all be the same energy.

At this point you are sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALA IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BECAUSE I SAY SO LALALALALALALA"
    Except you're contradicting what the video says even.

It clearly mentions absorbing the power, not using any power.

Well its quite weird aswell. We dont really lose our weapons after that ingame cinematic, they become unstable , but we're far from done with the exp so we wont lose it untill then ?? O.o

15+ Year Old Account
    Nowhere does anything say the Sword is the most powerful thing either, and no one is talking about it being that? The point is we've been empowering our weapons with whatever we can get our hands on, regardless of source.
    Blizzard hasn't out right stated what sword Sargeras used to stab Azeroth but he had one half of a sword said to be the most powerful thing in the universe. The Sword Sargeras used to stab Azeroth doesn't have to be the most powerful thing in the universe but it is more powerful then our Artifacts.

A few of the weapons are even empowered by the Old Gods. It's silly to think this sword wouldn't be another source of power.
    Just as it is silly to think that it has to be a source of power.

No, I would have rather the weapons blew up trying to contain it if anything. Not "Oh, suddenly they're powerless!".
    So it is what you prefer and everything else is crap or doesn't make sense. Gotcha.

Except you're contradicting what the video says even. It clearly mentions absorbing the power, not using any power.
    Where did I say power is used? Literally show me the actual statement that contradicts the video? How do you know what happens to the power when absorbed? What happens when Felwood absorbed fel energy? It become corrupted. Does that mean that no power was used to corrupt anything corrupted by Fel?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Blizzard hasn't out right stated what sword Sargeras used to stab Azeroth but he had one half of a sword said to be the most powerful thing in the universe. The Sword Sargeras used to stab Azeroth doesn't have to be the most powerful thing in the universe but it is more powerful then our Artifacts.
    So, logically, absorbing its power would make our weapons more powerful.

Just as it is silly to think that it has to be a source of power.
    If it's not a source of power, then why are we even absorbing it?
    It's energy is corroding the planet, it HAS power. The issue is, never once have they said our weapon is empowered with the life of Azeroth or something, then this would make sense. Instead, we're getting power from literally every source we try, it's illogical that this one suddenly "eats" our power.

So it is what you prefer and everything else is crap or doesn't make sense. Gotcha.
    You make an assumption based on my post, I call you out on it and say what I would prefer, and you just continue to make more assumptions. Okaythen.

Where did I say power is used? Literally show me the actual statement that contradicts the video? How do you know what happens to the power when absorbed? What happens when Felwood absorbed fel energy? It become corrupted. Does that mean that no power was used to corrupt anything corrupted by Fel?
    So you accept us draining power from other sources to empower our own artifacts but can't accept our artifacts being drained of power to use that power somewhere else. You can't have it both ways. It isn't forced.
    Which also, mind you, was another assumption statement to begin with.

And the rest of your statement just proves my point. We've been using fel energy, we've been using void energy, we've been using Old god blood to create stuff for years too. Literally everything that we find, we make into a power source.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Funny shizz, laughable excuse.
    I know I laughed and cried

hundreds of hours of grinding for a 30 second cinematic HOLD YOUR WEAPONS TO THE SKY
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Terrible decision by Blizzard. They should never have added Artifact weapons if the plan was to remove them entirely. Literally makes no sense and the way they are removing them is even worse.
    The better question is how you didn't expect this to happen. As one expansion ends, so does the relevance of the gear associated with it.

Cool to see the other leaders holding the other Artifacts.

But i don't think this makes much sense that they should be weaker.I think that they should.

1-The Weapons blow up from such power
    2- The Order halls agree to lock them up and never use them.
    3-The power from the Sword corrupts the weapon and makes them useless.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2018-01-07 at 04:50 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Fuck Azeroth I'm keeping my weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Cool to see the other leaders holding the other Artifacts.

But i don't think this makes much sense that they should be weaker.I think that they should.

1-The Weapons blow up from such power
    2- The Order halls agree to lock them up and never use them.
    3-The power from the Sword corrupts the weapon and makes them useless.
    3.- i dont see how the fel energies from the blade (the only type of magic that the blade can have, any other wouldnt make sense) are going to corrupt, desestabilize or destroy the scepter of sargeras or the demon hunter artifact, or the old god´s blade

Not that this is a huge spoiler, but seriously...people who think putting [Spoiler] in front of a thread title magically makes it invisible or fair game are annoying as fuck. If you think it's a spoiler some people might not want to see yet, FFS, be considerate and put it in the body of the thread, not the effing title for all to see.

In all honesty, the weapons should actually be more powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they could have been more predictable. This isn't even a spoiler. It was always obvious what would happen.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    In all honesty, the weapons should hactually be more powerful.
    Maybe they are?

This sword was powerful enough to literally carve world's in half, chances are it s pretty powerful.

Maybe absorbing that much power into our artifacts makes them, lore wise, just too powerful, like a nuclear reactor bordering on a meltdown and the only option we have is too carefully put them down and make sure we don't explodethe entire planet.

Not much of a spoiler alert if you say that in the title.

Maybe they should have just explained it by having each one of the artifacts be a piece of Azeroth's world soul, and the finale of the expansion was all the power we've accumulated finally touching off a fully-reformed Azeroth, leaving the artifacts drained and empty. I don't know. I just know that the explanation we DID get doesn't make sense.