Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah Balance is important, hence why I specifically stated "Sometimes" Fun>Balance.
    To be honest I think fun matters all the time most of all.

Sure you want something to be balanced but you don't want it to put you to sleep.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest I think fun matters all the time most of all.

Sure you want something to be balanced but you don't want it to put you to sleep.
    Fun does matter often. Much of the time being balanced is part of the Fun. It's not often fun being the lowest DPS simply because of your class, but it can be fun if you find 1 situation you are OP in for the lols.

The server is up. This means that someone is playing and "PAYING" it.

I guess that someone "invested" too much to quit.
    So he "invest" some more to keep it alive?

It's the only decent game Trion make/publish imo. I mean when was the last time Archeage, Devillian, Atlas Reactor or Defiance were in the spotlight? Shame on Defiance though because that was quite a decent game.
    To be fair, SyFy dropped the Defiance show so it doesn’t seem that farfetched that the game would start to stagnate a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    To be fair, SyFy dropped the Defiance show so it doesn’t seem that farfetched that the game would start to stagnate a bit.
    It wasn't just the show being dropped that caused the stagnation though.

Trions lack of care did most of the work. As it did with Devillian and Atlas Reactor. While they publish Archeage I don't doubt some of the questionable stuff in there was on their end.

Literally Trove seems to be the only game they care about anymore.

Also Defiance was an amazing show. Shame it got dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Nice clickbait title but here, go educate yourself on why he "quit"

https://twitter.com/TheRealKeyens/st...79340088975360
    Thank you for confirming that he did in fact quit. That's what taking a job at an entirely different company means. You quit your current job to go work somewhere else. Unless I am missing something and Trion owns Netherrealm studios, he has in fact quit working for Trion.

- - - Updated - - -

The irony of people living on a Forum where most of the Threads are clickbait is clearly lost on some people, let's try a little test, which of these titles would have you rushing to click the link:

1: Rift's class balance dev quits

2: Rift's Class balance Dev moves to new job

Now be honest, the first link would have you thinking of drama, rage quits, Company in trouble.
    Well, the first one is correct, as it says he no longer works for Trion.

Choice 2 does not fit. To me, that sounds more like he moved on to a new job within the same company, which he did not. He quit his current job to take a new job at a different company. When Daglar moved up within the company, that would have fit. He was no longer whatever his title was because he had a new job/title within the company. Really, that second statement could be taken either way though, so it would be the more clickbaity title as it is left purposefully ambiguous so you have to click to find out if he moved to a different position within the company or a different company altogether.

Also, as an employer myself, no, I do not immediately think of drama and all that when someone quits. Often times, someone quits because they need to move halfway across the country to live closer to their dying mother, or they found a job with better pay/benefits(as is the case here), or hundreds of various other legitimate reasons like health, travel distance, spouse getting transferred to another city....etc. Of all the people that have quit working for me over the years less than 5-10% were for drama related reasons. The vast majority of the time someone quits it's for a valid reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So does the second. Why is he leaving if the ship isn't sinking?
    Actually, the second is a bit more ambiguous. It could still be a job within the same dev team, just a different area. Saying he moved to a new job could mean he now designs raid encounters or it could mean another company. It gives no real info. The first answer gives clear and concise information. He quit. He no longer works for Trion Worlds in any capacity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I was more just pointing out that both statements mean the same exact thing in the end,
    except they don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    It sure seems like it during leveling. You can do adventures while upscaled to level with others so it seems more lively.
    At max level there are probably still some guilds who do raids or other end-game content.
    Define "some guilds." What is the active population of players? 10k? 50k?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Define "some guilds." What is the active population of players? 10k? 50k?
    http://www.topofrift.com/

Well that has most raiding guilds on there so well.....

7+ Year Old Account
    The irony of people living on a Forum where most of the Threads are clickbait is clearly lost on some people, let's try a little test, which of these titles would have you rushing to click the link:

1: Rift's class balance dev quits

2: Rift's Class balance Dev moves to new job

Now be honest, the first link would have you thinking of drama, rage quits, Company in trouble.
    I'm really at the point where I don't know if you believe this garbage or not. It's hard to imagine being that stupid.

I have tons of Skype logs talking to both past and present Rift developers where they discuss how shitty things are; they end up trying different design areas and ultimately because of many negative factors at Trion (primarily seems to be disagreements with management and insufficient salary increases to match the cost of living in Redwood City), they end up finding jobs elsewhere. One went to work on mobile apps, *many* others for competing MMOs, and a few others just said fuck Rift and started working on a different game within Trion.

If you *really* want me to, I can go through and censor some of these conversations and just post highlights of what they're saying, but undoubtedly you'll just say it's probably out of context or not even a Trion dev.

Just fucking face it, a lot of the people hate working there.

I'm pretty sure he just does this for the thrill of being hated at this point. Slipmat's the opposite of what a community ambassador should be like.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    nice to see that Slipmat is still the biggest d***** of the Rift community some things never change

I'm legitimately confused as to why Slipmat and Wackywoo even bother hanging around here since any and all criticisms are perceived as people crapping over Rift for no other reason than to bully the Rift Devs.

They're masochists and enjoy being hated

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'm legitimately confused as to why Slipmat and Wackywoo even bother hanging around here since any and all criticisms are perceived as people crapping over Rift for no other reason than to bully the Rift Devs.
    Sunk Time Fallacy.

http://www.topofrift.com/

Well that has most raiding guilds on there so well.....
    Lol my old guild is still there... sadists.