10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    If I may bastardize a quote about wages for this instance.
    If you require illegal labor to be competitive as a business, then you should not be in business.
    I disagree and i think there are much better ways to encourage using local legal work forces rather than using the stick. Our industries are often linked, so removing one part of the chain will hurt others basically you're cutting in your own flesh what is something you don't want to do.

Also we need to accept certain realities, small businesses don't have it easy. This is due to globalization what means if they employ someone in the US that worker is also competing with someone in a low wage nation, directly or indirectly. Globalization was good for our economy but in general a bad thing for our workers if we look at wages and job stability but that's something that can't be undone ever. so we need to move beyond that and not punish companies that attempt to survive in this highly competitive global economy.

The question that you need to ask is what you want to achieve ultimately and i guess that is more work for green card holders or simply put citizens, that is not something you'll achieve by attacking companies, all you end up doing is destroying more work places.

Now how to combat that? Well that's easy you americans love to talk about tax breaks, especially for companies. How about all those big tax breaks for large multinationals get reversed and put into smaller businesses. Can you proof most of your work force is legal? do you hold that many employed, etc? or whatever realistic measurement one can apply, give those people tax breaks.

Now instead of destroying, you are stimulating and encouraging entrepreneurship. Attack those industries, well you create a gap in the market for a goods and service a big multinational comes in (look at supermarket chains like walmart and the damage they did to small shops) takes up over and they really don't care at all that much who they hire and the fines, they'll laugh as it's included most likely in their expenses, since the US government at least i'm not aware of it rarely goes after big companies to the point they really hurt them.

But hey what do i know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    What if the fine was so large that even large companies would avoid hiring illegals.
    Looking at the trend in US politics and how little is being done about regulations and control mechanics when targeting big companies, i'll believe it when i see it is my stance on this.

Even when the democrats are in control of most of the government branches, they are very careful around such regulations in my opinion, now with a republican majority. I think you'll sooner see pigs fly on a daily basis before that ever happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple things that might have slipped past while Trump foams in the mouth about the books coming out that make him look like Trump:

1) Trump reiterates 'Mexico will pay for the wall' after $18B request to Congress

Trump continues to use The Wall as leverage for any aid given to the DREAMers, and yes, $18 billion far surpasses anything Trump said The Wall would cost, by anywhere from 50% to over 100%. Because clearly he's such a great businessman and builder, that not only does he want nothing to do with building The Wall himself, but can't even get the cost in the right ballpark.

There has not been a single hint that the Mexican government will pay for The Wall. That leaves basically border tariffs.

2) Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job security is in question after taking withering fire from fellow Republicans this week, including from two prominent House conservatives who called on him to resign.

Just so we're clear, the two GOP members calling for his resignation, are Freedom Caucus members, who criticize Sessions for not ending the Russia probe. You know, the one that already has arrests, plea bargains, and possibly the tapes Wolff made when researching his book about how incompetent Trump is. But there are 420 other reasons.

Sessions has also come under criticism from Republicans and Democrats alike for his decision to rescind the Obama-era Cole memo, which gave states the space to legalize marijuana without fear of federal interference.

By withdrawing the memo, Sessions gave federal prosecutors more leeway to pursue cases against the legal marijuana industry, which is expanding rapidly in several states.

Sen. Cory Gardner (R), whose home state of Colorado is host to a booming legal cannabis industry, ripped Sessions on the Senate floor Thursday and accused him of breaking a personal pledge not to change the Obama-era policy.

“When you have Republicans calling for you to step down and you’re in a Republican administration just entering your second year, that’s trouble. He’s really on borrowed time,” said Brian Darling, a Republican strategist and former Senate aide.

“This is an attorney general who has been ridiculed by his own boss on Twitter,” he said, referring to President Trump. “At one point he didn’t have the confidence of his own boss and he’s losing the confidence of the Freedom Caucus and conservatives in the House and Senate.”

Trump reiterated his frustration with Sessions in a recent interview, again criticizing his decision to recuse himself from the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

“I thought it was certainly unnecessary, I thought it was a terrible thing,” Trump told The New York Times.

A new report this week revealed the lengths to which Trump went to keep Sessions from turning over the Russia probe to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

The president took the unusual step of sending White House counsel Don McGahn to lobby Sessions against recusal, according to The Times. Sessions told McGahn his mind was made up, saying he had been advised to do so by other officials in the Justice Department.

The recusal has become a sore spot in the relationship between Trump and Sessions. The president reportedly blames his attorney general for the appointment of Robert Mueller as special counsel, a move that was made by Rosenstein.

“There’s a feeling on the right that Rod Rosenstein is running the Justice Department, not Jeff Sessions. He’s not doing anything. He’s recused himself to the point that he can’t do his job anymore,” Darling said.

Sessions is still taking heat from the president’s allies over the decision.
    3) Trump personally took credit for North Korea going to the Olympics. No, really.

4) Newsweek has a good article featuring multiple non-anonymous US military and intelligence experts. Here's a bit of it:

In a December 18 interview on CNN, retired Air Force Lieutenant General James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, virtually called Trump a Putin puppet. The Russian president, Clapper noted, is a former KGB “case officer,” or spy recruiter, who “knows how to handle an asset, and that's what he's doing with the president. That’s the appearance to me.” (Pressed to clarify his “asset” comment, Clapper said, “I’m saying this figuratively.”)

“Wow,” tweeted former CIA Russian hand John Sipher. “The rest of us try to find other clever ways to say the same thing. Good on him for having the courage to call out Putin’s behavior. Our president shouldn’t have fallen for it.”

Veteran spy handlers have judged Trump an easy mark for Putin, who spent years in the KGB sizing up and exploiting a target’s vulnerabilities. They note how easily he falls for praise, as when Putin thanked him and the CIA for helping him thwart a bomb attack plot in St. Petersburg. “POTUS is a [spy] handlers’ dream,” Asha Rangappa, a former special agent in the FBI’s counterintelligence division, said. “He responds, without fail, to praise and flattery and telegraphs his day-to-day thoughts on Twitter. Likewise, said Harry “Skip” Brandon, a former FBI deputy assistant director of national security and counterterrorism. “He often very publicly states he goes by his instincts. If that is accurate, he may be the ultimate unwitting asset of Russia.”

And so on. The steady drip of revelations emerging from multiple Trump investigations—his business deals with Russian investors, his associates’ many undeclared meetings with Kremlin agents, his resistance to accepting evidence of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and his indiscretion with Israeli intelligence—draws a far darker picture.

Some veteran intelligence operators think it’s well past time to shift the narrative on Trump’s disturbing affinity for Putin, which the president insists is innocent and good for world peace. “Everyone continues to dance around a clear assessment of what’s going on,” says Glenn Carle, a former CIA national intelligence officer responsible for evaluating foreign threats. “My assessment,” he tells Newsweek, “is that Trump is actually working directly for the Russians.”

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Just so we're clear, the two GOP members calling for his resignation, are Freedom Caucus members, who criticize Sessions for not ending the Russia probe. You know, the one that already has arrests, plea bargains, and possibly the tapes Wolff made when researching his book about how incompetent Trump is. But there are 420 other reasons.
    Ahhhaaaa! I saw what ye did thar! ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Trump is a pretty smart guy. He won the Presidency against all odds and continues to keep our mentally unstable liberal friends here at mmo-champion up at all odd hours of the night posting about him.

Honestly, if you think he is so mentally unstable or STUPID, it must feel pretty damn bad to constantly let him get the better of you time and time again, the way you do. Trump is my hero. I'm re-naming my first born after him.
    Yeah everyone, Trump is getting the better of the people that didn't vote for him, definitely not you and those that actually did vote for Trump. Nope, Trump is the Jerry to the Tom nonbelievers, always getting the better of us.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2018-01-07 at 07:43 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Trump is a pretty smart guy.
    You mean genius right? And very stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Yeah everyone, Trump is getting the better of the people that didn't vote for him, definitely not you and those that actually did vote for Trump. Nope, Trump is the Jerry to the Tom nonbelievers, always getting the better of us.
    Sounds like something Sloppy Steve would say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Punish the people hiring the illegals too. Instead of just "Now don't do that again" slap the shit out of them with real fines for, you know, breaking the law. Deport the illegals too. Punish both.

You mean.... punish rich people?!

Yeah, sorry. This is the United States. We don't do that here, okay? (And it doesn't matter which party you're talking about.)
    Impeach the MF.

If I may bastardize a quote about wages for this instance.
    If you require illegal labor to be competitive as a business, then you should not be in business.
    Not going to bother linking the attempts of hiring legal citizens for jobs that illegals usually do but please goolge that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You mean genius right? And very stable.
    I believe he is ", like, really smart."

Gotta say that this is by far my favourite Trumpism so far. It sounds like it's straight outta Legally Blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Couple things that might have slipped past while Trump foams in the mouth about the books coming out that make him look like Trump:

1) Trump reiterates 'Mexico will pay for the wall' after $18B request to Congress

Trump continues to use The Wall as leverage for any aid given to the DREAMers, and yes, $18 billion far surpasses anything Trump said The Wall would cost, by anywhere from 50% to over 100%. Because clearly he's such a great businessman and builder, that not only does he want nothing to do with building The Wall himself, but can't even get the cost in the right ballpark.

There has not been a single hint that the Mexican government will pay for The Wall. That leaves basically border tariffs.
    And that $18B is just to extend the wall by another 316 miles and a secondary replacement wall. If he actually got the funding for the entire wall he's envisioning it could easily cost 5x-10x what he's asking for here. I think we all know that his early numbers of $4-$10B were bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I believe he is ", like, really smart."

Gotta say that this is by far my favourite Trumpism so far. It sounds like it's straight outta Legally Blonde.
    I feel like everyone's so overwhelmed by the hilarity of the "very stable genius" part of his post that there's not enough attention being paid to the "like, really smart", mental ability being one of his "greatest assets" and the "(on my first try)" parts of it. Those are all fucking hysterical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    And that $18B is just to extend the wall by another 316 miles and a secondary replacement wall. If he actually got the funding for the entire wall he's envisioning it could easily cost 5x-10x what he's asking for here. I think we all know that his early numbers of $4-$10B were bullshit.
    And this is not creating the "big beautiful wall" either, right? If they're just extending the existing one isn't that just more of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I feel like everyone's so overwhelmed by the hilarity of the "very stable genius" part of his post that there's not enough attention being paid to the "like, really smart", mental ability being one of his "greatest assets" and the "(on my first try)" parts of it. Those are all fucking hysterical.
    Best part of that? It is a lie, too. He actually tried to run before.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...campaign,_2000
    It is just that he can't remember that one anymore, so this is the first try in his mind.

And this is not creating the "big beautiful wall" either, right? If they're just extending the existing one isn't that just more of this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/uL7ltF8.jpg[/mg]
    From the way it reads it doesn't look like this is the wall he's been talking about for the last couple years, so really he's asking for multiple walls right now. Frankly, if he put up a simple chain link fence he'd say his promise was kept.

So I get banned, and all hell breaks loose. BTW I got banned for calling Alleybaboa a liar. Namely this post:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48532586

Guess I hurt his feelings by dragging him out by his ankle and hitting him a bunch.

What's President Stable Genius up to today?

I need to get banned more. I guess that causality is still in effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What's President Stable Genius up to today?
    He sent the head of the CIA on to FOX News to say, with no sense of sarcasm or irony, that Trump reads things that are handed to him. By the CIA.

Just think about what that means. High-ranking members of Trump's admin are forced to go out there and spread the message that Trump reads things handed to him, because that was legitimately in doubt.

He's just worried about border crossers' health. With this fence they won't even need to carry a ladder which could strain their backs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

15+ Year Old Account

Bro you don't understand, the fence is just in place as a temporary measure. Trump's wall is going to be 40 feet high, manned with thousands of security guards, auto turrets, and covered in electrified barbed wire that will instantly kill anyone that touches it, indiscriminately.

How we're going to pay for a security guard every 500 feet and the electricity to power that barbed wire, as well as building the wall in the first place, is questionable at best. But we're gonna get a big beautiful wall.

Oh right, Mexico is gonna pay.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So this showed up on a suggested video today.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

Bahahahhaha. Go fuck yourself Stephen Miller. You're a nobody and when this is over and Trump is in prison, you'll have much to answer for yourself.

Guy sounded like he was going to burst into tears the entire time. What a whiny bitch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one who finds his voice incredibly grating, like fingernails on a chalk board.

Edit: Watched the whole thing. God if Miller had Trump's cock any deeper down his throat, he'd have foreskin coming out of his asshole.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2018-01-07 at 04:35 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"