Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I just hit solid wall of burnout, in my case it wouldn't help.

With that being said, where does the actual content drought begin and end? Depending on who enjoys what, meaning the content could fizzle at any given time. So if you're bored play something else and cancel your subscription, if not, play on.

Simple concept right?
    Considering the ever-dropping sub numbers in the last half a year of every expansion, more and more players are finding the game not worth paying for in this expansion stage.
    And that affects some areas of the game, like random BGs, auction house, LFG systems in general.
    I think if the sub was not there, a lot of those players would still spend time in the game, thus making it more lively.
    And sure no one is holding a gun to my head, that's why i will unsub withing the next month or so.
    Would have stayed, but i won't pay anyone money to access content i already paid in full years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Good post.

Overheads don't disappear whilst the game is live.
    New content or not.
    Overheads are not the reason behind the sub fee. Literally all other games w/o monthly fee are a solid proof for that.
    The reason they charge monthly fee is because they can.
    But i believe the times of happy monthly charges are coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    Considering the ever-dropping sub numbers in the last half a year of every expansion, more and more players are finding the game not worth paying for in this expansion stage.
    And that affects some areas of the game, like random BGs, auction house, LFG systems in general.
    I think if the sub was not there, a lot of those players would still spend time in the game, thus making it more lively.
    And sure no one is holding a gun to my head, that's why i will unsub withing the next month or so.
    Would have stayed, but i won't pay anyone money to access content i already paid in full years ago.
    I'm confused by what you mean when you say content. If people log in and have things to do, then wouldn't that mean that there is content there for them to enjoy (even if that content is something others don't enjoy, or content that has already been consumed by others)? If there isn't any content for them to do (and therefore nothing to do in the game) why would they continue to pay for a service they aren't using? Do people log in to the game and stare at the screen? It seems like the unsubscribe option is the solution you are looking for.

Furthermore, if they dropped the subscription fee, would that make a difference for you or others? If there isn't any thing to do, why would you want to log in to the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    How can you 'be right back' when you try and commit suicide?

I think the point that many people are missing is that we already paid for that content once, and if there is no content coming until we have to open wallets to buy the newest box, then we are just shoving money down the drain, investing into blizzard with 0 return.

And please, server costs and support has been shown to amount to fuck all compared how much we pay in subs, especially when most other games do it for the box costs only.

You can always stop paying for sub and come back later.
    Unless .. you want to play .. in which case .. this is a pay-2-play game, so ..
    But with game tokens for gold, paying isn't really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I think the point that many people are missing is that we already paid for that content once, and if there is no content coming until we have to open wallets to buy the newest box, then we are just shoving money down the drain, investing into blizzard with 0 return.

And please, server costs and support has been shown to amount to fuck all compared how much we pay in subs, especially when most other games do it for the box costs only.
    What other games are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No.

I'm happily progressing in Antorus, there is no drought for me and there likely won't be for a couple of months.
    When there is a drought is different for each player.

And your free to stop paying your sub instead of whining on a forum.
    Yeah, if no allied races in 7.3.5 or a month-ish after, I will be dropping sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Vozzek View Post
    What other games are you referring to?
    ??

Guild Wars 2, PUBG, Tera, .. well, you know what, pretty much any game since 2005 that isn't WoW or FF. Some of them operate on bigger scales (surprise, wow hasn't even been the game with most players for a long time), provide frequent update patches and comparable (let's be honest, better) customer support. Yet for some reason we give Blizzard the green flag to drain money from our bank every month for content we already sponsored once.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you should unsubscribe.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

as long as it doesnt turn into panda SOO,those were dark days

Do you agree with me that they should drop the sub fee during the content drought?
    They should introduce a mechanism whereby they offer a 100% discount when there is nothing for you to do.
    In addition - this service should lock you out of the game to prevent malicious users logging in whilst you are elsewhere.

Anyone else think this is a good idea ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, you should unsubscribe.
    And then you are unable to enjoy content you already paid for. Concept quite unthinkable for pretty much any game... aka the biggest fucking shitslide that has happened recently in Destiny 2 or whatever the game was.

??

Guild Wars 2, PUBG, Tera, .. well, you know what, pretty much any game since 2005 that isn't WoW or FF. Some of them operate on bigger scales (surprise, wow hasn't even been the game with most players for a long time), provide frequent update patches and comparable (let's be honest, better) customer support. Yet for some reason we give Blizzard the green flag to drain money from our bank every month for content we already sponsored once.
    So you mean any game with online access for multiplayer. Okay. Just wondering what you were referring to specifically. Thanks.

I mean, I guess they do because they can? I mean, welcome to capitalism, I guess. Is Wow so great of a game for you that you feel you need to try to convince them to change their ways? If so, then vote with your dollars and unsubscribe, and don't buy any additional expansions. If not, then what are you so upset about? To you, it's a bad game with poor update patches and inferior customer support. If I were you, I would stop them from draining money from your bank account each month.

So you mean any game with online access for multiplayer. Okay. Just wondering what you were referring to specifically. Thanks.

I mean, I guess they do because they can? I mean, welcome to capitalism, I guess. Is Wow so great of a game for you that you feel you need to try to convince them to change their ways? If so, then vote with your dollars and unsubscribe, and don't buy any additional expansions. If not, then what are you so upset about? To you, it's a bad game with poor update patches and inferior customer support. If I were you, I would stop them from draining money from your bank account each month.
    Don't you worry about me, this thread is not about individuals, it's about whether what Blizzard keeps doing is hurting the game in the long run. And yes, many people do just what you describe, and Blizzard wonders why they bleed subs.

And then you are unable to enjoy content you already paid for. Concept quite unthinkable for pretty much any game... aka the biggest fucking shitslide that has happened recently in Destiny 2 or whatever the game was.
    But you said that there was a content drought. That's where I am confused. Either there is content that you enjoy playing, or there isn't. If there is content, there is no drought, and you should have no issue paying for it. If there is no content, then there is nothing for you to do, in which case you should unsubscribe.

I think what you really want is for them to make new content more often. You don't seem to have an issue with paying for that content when it is brand new to you, and don't want to pay for that content (that you are still enjoying apparently) after you have seen it a time or two, is that fair to say?

But you said that there was a content drought. That's where I am confused. Either there is content that you enjoy playing, or there isn't. If there is content, there is no drought, and you should have no issue paying for it. If there is no content, then there is nothing for you to do, in which case you should unsubscribe.

I think what you really want is for them to make new content more often. You don't seem to have an issue with paying for that content when it is brand new to you, and don't want to pay for that content (that you are still enjoying apparently) after you have seen it a time or two, is that fair to say?
    Content drought doesn't mean there aren't things to do, hello. It means there is no stream of new content coming in while you keep paying for it.

Don't you worry about me, this thread is not about individuals, it's about whether what Blizzard keeps doing is hurting the game in the long run. And yes, many people do just what you describe, and Blizzard wonders why they bleed subs.
    But I don't think Blizzard does wonder why subs go up and down. I think they are competent business people, and now exactly why. I think Blizzard as a company understands that the game is getting pretty long in the tooth, and are probably thrilled that Wow is still profitable when the market seems to have shifted away from MMOs in general. That is probably whey they chose to diversify so many years ago with additional games that target other consumers. I suspect that Blizzard as a company is going to be okay.

Deleted
    Seems like you have some weird perception on content - PvP and achievements are not content for you. Guess you killed Argus and you are done with expansion.
    What about people who didnt kill Argus, but only pvp and do achieves?

How would Blizz know what content is for you and for them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They should introduce a mechanism whereby they offer a 100% discount when there is nothing for you to do.
    In addition - this service should lock you out of the game to prevent malicious users logging in whilst you are elsewhere.

Anyone else think this is a good idea ?
    To add onto this, imagine if this service would automatically kick in after you cancel your sub.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Content drought doesn't mean there aren't things to do, hello.
    Indeed - and a lack of food doesn't mean there isn't stuff to eat.

I'm with your now.

Kidding - I'm totally confused now

Hints:
    We pay $ every couple of years <-- expansions i.e. new content
    We pay $ every month <-- access fee i.e. to play the game

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

From a consumer point of view, it is hardly conceivable to me why they keep charging monthly subscription during the infamous content drought period.
    I understand the monthly sub during the active phase of an expansion - they keep adding new content to the game and that costs.
    I also understand that the team need the time to develop the new expansion.
    But since they are charging full price for the new expac, mean that we are not only paying in full for all the new content that comes with it, but we are also paying them monthly during the time they develop it and do almost nothing else.
    This is why i almost always unsub during this period, even though there are some things that i want to do in the game (PvP, achievements and transmog farming mainly) and this is the only time i can do them - because i am no longer busy with the present content.

Do you agree with me that they should drop the sub fee during the content drought?
    I'd rather they made more content that is actually interesting and not a boring incremental grind for 50 more levels of BS, but if the point is that they charge outrageously high for what they are offering, then yes, they absolutely do.