Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    How do you know tier sets are removed?
    They mentioned during Blizzcon that the tier sets would be gone in BfA.

"Allied Races locked behind a rep grind is not fun for most people."

1. How is that an argument for it being a filler expansion?
    2. What is your source for this?
    A data-mine of the patch 7.3.5 shows some rep requirements for some of the Allied Races, like the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren requiring exalted reputation.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade was a Filler.

Went to Kara - Ultimately achieved nothing.
    Killed randoms in Outland - Ultimately achieved nothing.
    Fought Illidan - Ultimately achieved nothing.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-01-07 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    "We don't know where or what the capitals are in Tiragarde Sound or Zuldazar. Wasn't clarified. Could be Alliance and Horde uninspired make-shift-cities like Stormshield and Warspear."

So? We didn't see Dalaran either in the Wrath of the Lich King reveal.
    we do know what the new capitals are and have seen abit of them
    https://raiderscdnv2-herr1437987216....zuldazar-1.jpg
    https://raiderscdnv2-herr1437987216....de-sound-1.jpg
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...9567053378.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh4Z...outu.be&t=3m3s
    literally saying so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs
    0:36-0:40 is the alliance one
    1:11-1:15 is the horde one
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-01-07 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyiandris View Post
    Mists of pandaria also looked like a filler expansion when it was announced.
    These people call every expansion since Cata to be filler. The word is flung around so much it's lost all credibility.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    • Introducing playable races people have long waited to play is good.
    Keep this to yourself. I have no interest whatsoever in purple farting elves and yellow farting draenei. The only thing people have been waiting for among the Alliance allied races are the new dwarven variation. That one has been a no brainer since WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That is a complete misunderstanding of the joy of competitiveness in a raid envyronment. When your output = how much did you no-life, no competition can be had. People get bored, people quit.
    I know that here in the forums theres a couple of you who never cared about it so you don't understand, but it's a reality. Many people in my server left because of it and more are saying they won't play BfA because of it. At least on my server and the raider community, it had a very real impact and it IS killing the game. The pay-off of just having some no lifers be rewarded with player power for playing non-stop is just not worth all the subs and population being lost.

- - - Updated - - -

I tire of non-raiders. If you don't raid, why do you care? I'm really not interested in talking with people who don't understand what raiding is about.
    Past 75 is a waste of time, "no lifers"(pretty sour of you just because you don't have the time others do) gain an extremely small amount of dps past that point so if they are beating people you know by a lot, that's an issue with them

No part of your post suggests it's a filler expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...9567053378.jpg

https://raiderscdnv2-herr1437987216....de-sound-1.jpg

isnt this the alliance capital? That would make that part of your post wrong.

https://raiderscdnv2-herr1437987216....zuldazar-1.jpg

Is this the horde capital?
    That would be correct.

It feels like a filler expansion honestly, I'll still buy it, but there's so little innovation being used in the expansion in terms of features.

Heart of Azeroth is basically recycled artefacts.
    Warfronts are basically Garrison Asset buildings with a 7.2 style turn in.
    Lack of tier means they'll likely cut back on armour set creation and use a TOGC approach.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but Blizzcon gave such little information about things, it hasn't exactly inspired confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    [*]Art team in full swing with the base game. Music and art looks wonderfully done.[/LIST]
    Art and music wonderfully done? Got any proof of that? Like the music? I'd like to hear it, pretty pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That is a complete misunderstanding of the joy of competitiveness in a raid envyronment. When your output = how much did you no-life, no competition can be had. People get bored, people quit.
    I know that here in the forums theres a couple of you who never cared about it so you don't understand, but it's a reality. Many people in my server left because of it and more are saying they won't play BfA because of it. At least on my server and the raider community, it had a very real impact and it IS killing the game. The pay-off of just having some no lifers be rewarded with player power for playing non-stop is just not worth all the subs and population being lost.
    If you actually look at the power curves, you'd quickly realise the payoff isn't remotely worth the effort required, and has hardly anything to do with the actual output.

Did you actually interview those people as to why they left? Did you make sure they didn't just blame one thing for something else?

Since competitive raiders are a tiny fraction of a tiny fraction of the playerbase, the impact is negligible anyway.

I tire of non-raiders. If you don't raid, why do you care? I'm really not interested in talking with people who don't understand what raiding is about.
    I raid. Mythic. Nobody in my raid purposely grinds beyond 75 because it simply isn't worth it.

what the hell is „forebolding“ ? i know foreboding. but this guy (op) use that word that often, i am not sure if i just dont know „forebolding“.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    Past 75 is a waste of time, "no lifers"(pretty sour of you just because you don't have the time others do) gain an extremely small amount of dps past that point so if they are beating people you know by a lot, that's an issue with them
    but nemmar isnt that wrong. many mmo gamers are completionists. even in competition and raiding.

i for myself know a lot of ppl that accept and understand that there is a „natural“ cap, until that its profitable and efficient to invest time for the benefit. and after that cap its just „so hardcores has a bit to do, but its very unprofitable“. and even when the ppl i mentioned understand and acceppt/agree that, they dont feel well in game, because its always like you are „uncomplete“. even when you know its nonsense. that killed the fun that much, that i know about 17 ppl stopped playing mostly of that fact/behaviour.

blizz would go better with hard caps that raised every patch. after reaching the cap, progression of character is over, until next patch (besides farming gear ofc). every thing else whats left for the hardcores, reaching that point before next patch, is stuff like the boxes for extra reputation, vanity items, farmings like green proto drake, earning money with ah or mission table and foremost alts.

one reason, why this is the better route, is the amount of alt characters. playing alts was always a huge deal in wow. many many players played and loved playing alts. so many ppl i know want i.e. all the class mounts on all alts in legion. but if you wanna play a competitive main and have some RL its nearly impossible.

in short: solid caps from patch to patch, and extra stuff for super hardcores like mounts, vanity, gold, achievements, etc are way better longterm for the game, than endless grind. about burnout effects in wow we dont even talk here.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-01-07 at 01:23 PM.

You missed a few more reasons why BfA is kinda just filler 2.0 like WoD:

Allied Races:

- Four of the Six races that we will get will almost certainly be available before BfA starts that means that when most people have them by launch theres only 2 more to actually unlock devaluing some of the strength of that feature.

Level Scaling:

- Feature being added in 7.3.5 Which kinda means that by the time BfA launches this feature will not be a new feature but a current one, again, kinda defeats the point of it.

Classic WoW was a Bad Choice:

- While about 1-2 million poeple out of the remiaing 10-12 of wows player base that have been on and off lately may love the news of classic wow it somewhat overlaps the entire value of BfA which essentially means they know that if BfA flops they will use Classic WoW as the *incase of emergancy, break glass* option.

Only 3 leveling zones for each faction even if you can unlock all 6 at 120:

- This is gonna get pretty damn stale after the first 2-3 chars you level up from 110-120 very quickly.

Island Scenerios will get easy to predict, despite them trying to make the AI unpredictable:

- Its only going to be a fad for the first month at most, once guides come up on what type of mob does what it will just feel the same again. Islands wont be that fun or interesting despite what blizzard wants.

A refusal to go back to Tabard rep and Grinding is detrimental to progression, RNG is cancer, not a cure:

- Blizzard is giving us heart of Azeroth with *some* items not being titanforged but that doesnt fix it honestly, since each item will have a netherlight passive style bonus of random value that could make it good or crap.

In the End: BfA is looking to be the smallest expansion WoW has ever Had:

- Most of its features are going to be available in 7.3.5 and 8.0 prepatch, which means the majority of the expansion will happen so quickly it will be almost forgettable. It certainly does risk being WoD 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    You missed a few more reasons why BfA is kinda just filler 2.0 like WoD:

Allied Races:

- Four of the Six races that we will get will almost certainly be available before BfA starts that means that when most people have them by launch theres only 2 more to actually unlock devaluing some of the strength of that feature.

Level Scaling:

- Feature being added in 7.3.5 Which kinda means that by the time BfA launches this feature will not be a new feature but a current one, again, kinda defeats the point of it.

Classic WoW was a Bad Choice:

- While about 1-2 million poeple out of the remiaing 10-12 of wows player base that have been on and off lately may love the news of classic wow it somewhat overlaps the entire value of BfA which essentially means they know that if BfA flops they will use Classic WoW as the *incase of emergancy, break glass* option.

Only 3 leveling zones for each faction even if you can unlock all 6 at 120:

- This is gonna get pretty damn stale after the first 2-3 chars you level up from 110-120 very quickly.

Island Scenerios will get easy to predict, despite them trying to make the AI unpredictable:

- Its only going to be a fad for the first month at most, once guides come up on what type of mob does what it will just feel the same again. Islands wont be that fun or interesting despite what blizzard wants.

A refusal to go back to Tabard rep and Grinding is detrimental to progression, RNG is cancer, not a cure:

- Blizzard is giving us heart of Azeroth with *some* items not being titanforged but that doesnt fix it honestly, since each item will have a netherlight passive style bonus of random value that could make it good or crap.

In the End: BfA is looking to be the smallest expansion WoW has ever Had:

- Most of its features are going to be available in 7.3.5 and 8.0 prepatch, which means the majority of the expansion will happen so quickly it will be almost forgettable. It certainly does risk being WoD 2.0
    Translation; "Content I dont like doesn't count, therefore BFA has no content"

Brilliant.

Deleted
    I for one am looking forward to Warfronts as an alternative for raids.

And if Blizzard would really want to spice Warfronts up, they could come up with an PvP Version, where you fight other players, while both sides can still build the Fortress and recruit an army. Warfronts could be server intern or cross realm. You could have a Warfront Version for pre made groups and a Version for Randoms. That would be awesome in my opinion and i hope they will do it, if everything goes well with the Warfront Systems. That should be easy to implement.

Overall the Warfront Feature has a lot of potential in regards to gameplay, the story and things like race based Sets, like you get Human and Orc based Armorsets in Arathi, if they bring a Warfront for Ashenvale, their might be a Sentinel Armor Set for Night Elves and maybe a Goblin Armor Set on the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what the hell is „forebolding“ ? i know foreboding. but this guy (op) use that word that often, i am not sure if i just dont know „forebolding“.

- - - Updated - - -

but nemmar isnt that wrong. many mmo gamers are completionists. even in competition and raiding.

i for myself know a lot of ppl that accept and understand that there is a „natural“ cap, until that its profitable and efficient to invest time for the benefit. and after that cap its just „so hardcores has a bit to do, but its very unprofitable“. and even when the ppl i mentioned understand and acceppt/agree that, they dont feel well in game, because its always like you are „uncomplete“. even when you know its nonsense. that killed the fun that much, that i know about 17 ppl stopped playing mostly of that fact/behaviour.

blizz would go better with hard caps that raised every patch. after reaching the cap, progression of character is over, until next patch (besides farming gear ofc). every thing else whats left for the hardcores, reaching that point before next patch, is stuff like the boxes for extra reputation, vanity items, farmings like green proto drake, earning money with ah or mission table and foremost alts.

one reason, why this is the better route, is the amount of alt characters. playing alts was always a huge deal in wow. many many players played and loved playing alts. so many ppl i know want i.e. all the class mounts on all alts in legion. but if you wanna play a competitive main and have some RL its nearly impossible.

in short: solid caps from patch to patch, and extra stuff for super hardcores like mounts, vanity, gold, achievements, etc are way better longterm for the game, than endless grind. about burnout effects in wow we dont even talk here.
    Do you think those 17 players would have left if they reached hard cap and didn't have any carrot ?

Deleted
    Isn't every expansion filler? Isn't every video game filler? Isn't every hobby filler? Isn't everything in life a filler until death?

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    I for one am looking forward to Warfronts as an alternative for raids.

And if Blizzard would really want to spice Warfronts up, they could come up with an PvP Version, where you fight other players, while both sides can still build the Fortress and recruit an army. Warfronts could be server intern or cross realm. You could have a Warfront Version for pre made groups and a Version for Randoms. That would be awesome in my opinion and i hope they will do it, if everything goes well with the Warfront Systems. That should be easy to implement.

Overall the Warfront Feature has a lot of potential in regards to gameplay, the story and things like race based Sets, like you get Human and Orc based Armorsets in Arathi, if they bring a Warfront for Ashenvale, their might be a Sentinel Armor Set for Night Elves and maybe a Goblin Armor Set on the Horde.
    See I kinda hope Warfronts being the only thing im looking forwards to alot, kinda just outright replace raids over time entirley.

They have alot of promise to be an evolution of something already there as opposed to a thing thats been there and has grown stale, they are a hybrid of pvp+pve, that could go places like a softcore ashran/av hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    See I kinda hope Warfronts being the only thing im looking forwards to alot, kinda just outright replace raids over time entirley.

They have alot of promise to be an evolution of something already there as opposed to a thing thats been there and has grown stale, they are a hybrid of pvp+pve, that could go places like a softcore ashran/av hybrid.
    warfronts are currently not pvp unless some very recent news has come out saying they are. I heard that the team is talking about it, but they currently don't have any pvp elements. Which is a bummer because I want PvE/PvP options like the new island expeditions.

If someone can point me to a new source of info saying they have confirmed pvp warfronts please let me know asap cause that would make BfA an instant preorder!
    Last edited by rasako; 2018-01-08 at 12:58 AM.

For goodness sake we don't even know what's going to happen yet, damn it.

Even in WoD we got Gul'dan kicking off the Legion invasion and the death of Garrosh causing the nerfing of Green Jesus, don't count your chickens before they hatch. I know I sure as hell didn't expect this expansion to end with us actually beating Sargeras. I was surprised enough when we perma-killed Kil'jaeden, who was arguably the Big Bad of all of Warcraft 1-3.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-01-08 at 03:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.