Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Fair about PVP, but they are at least bringing a lot of utility back for BFA, so that should improve PVP. And, why does every class working mean they aren't unique? That doesn't make any sense, and i've played most specs. Most specs definitely are unique. Classes don't look the same, they have different aesthetics, they don't play the same, they have all different talents, roles. I have no idea what you mean. Please explain.
    He means every class as the same utility he's basically taking about class/spec identity which wasn't much better in vanilla. Druid had stealth and combo points for example.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Proof there are hundred of thousands?
    You are not allowed to give proof about this on this forum, so you have to use google yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dondogshiat View Post
    You are not allowed to give proof about this on this forum, so you have to use google yourself.
    I've seen it and a lot of those servers allow bots because of the voting system. The highest population burning crusade server has like 8000 players. The vast majority are playing game the game for free aswell.

Light's hope had population of 15k but it's dropped to 8issh and the vast majority are playing the game for free how that translate into live vanilla is a giant ?.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-07 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    He means every class as the same utility he's basically taking about class/spec identity which wasn't much better in vanilla. Druid had stealth and combo points for example.
    You forgot to mention that cat has ambush, backstab, eviscerate and sinister strike too! And warlocks have shadowbolt and mages frostbolt! I mean it's quite hard to come up with unlimited amount of styles for doing damage, when the game is as simplistic as vanilla is. The difference comes when you think how feral druids play out compared to rogues. They have to switch to bear form when they take too much damage or if they want to charge. Cat form doesn't have slow but you move 30% faster... The playstyle overall is different between classes, not the way you deal damage.

Deleted
    I played classic WoW on private servers for 8 years now, until my servers either shut down or staff and thus experience broke (feenix and elysium). Can't wait for Blizzard re-releasing it.

Deleted
    I've seen it and a lot of those servers allow bots because of the voting system. The highest population burning crusade server has like 8000 players. The vast majority are playing game the game for free aswell.
    That server peaks for 12k people simultaneously, which obviously means way bigger playerpool. TBC is least played expansion and tbh probably one of the worst expansions. I do play it a bit at the moment just for the nostalgia and sadly even when the arena is not that great, it's still better than legion arena. That server wasn't free in the beginning - you pretty much had to pay 10e one time. I do agree that people probably wouldn't play TBC if there was subscription.

edit: oh of course there are a lot bots in private servers, which is probably a huge issue as it used to be in retail. I don't know that much because I really don't play that much on private servers. I like retail more.
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-01-07 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    You what now? That's the only example there is. All other classes except druid worked differently. Had different set of skills and talents, buffs and debuffs. Somewhere around WotLK 3 classes had Mortal Strike effect for example. Now pretty much every class has some form of self heal, everyone has CC. This is basically the definition of taking away class identity. Give 3-4 classes skills/talents with same buffs/debuffs and you are throwing away class identity. Warrior skills and talents are perfect (and not the only one as with druids in vanilla) example here. MS was eventualy given to hunters and rogues (before I quitted), 4% physical damage bonus for all attackers was given to rogues. Those two changes basicaly removed arms warriors from raid teams, because both rogues and hunters did better DPS back then. Arms warrior no longer a thing in raiding guilds. Fury (aka boring shit) was the only choice for DPS.

I think this also shows the stupidity of "bring the player, not the class" approach, because why would anyone take arms warrior instead of rogue if the give same bonuses, but rogue does better dps?

You forgot to mention that cat has ambush, backstab, eviscerate and sinister strike too! And warlocks have shadowbolt and mages frostbolt! I mean it's quite hard to come up with unlimited amount of styles for doing damage, when the game is as simplistic as vanilla is. The difference comes when you think how feral druids play out compared to rogues. They have to switch to bear form when they take too much damage or if they want to charge. Cat form doesn't have slow but you move 30% faster... The playstyle overall is different between classes, not the way you deal damage.

Here's how to make unique specs:

Frost Mage spells freeze, root, slow casting and attacking speed.
    Fire creates dots that don't tick for damage but explode after fire blast or over time.
    Arcane is pure burst damage spec.

Survival is a man with a pet and a polearm.
    Marksmen no pets just a straight man and nature but wif bow.
    Beast master makes ur pet stronger and has it own unique pet skills that other specs can't access also exotic pets.

Affliction is the dot spec and steals health.
    Destro is the burst damage can sacrifice pet for damage.
    Democ a demon summoner that can have multiple pets.

Warrior arms
    Protection highest single threat make thunderclap, demoralizing shout, and sunder unique to warriors again.
    Fury bleed damage spec.
    Arm high single target burst melee damage spec.

Rogue:
    Assassination poison damage spec and more powerful poison.
    Combat duelist no stealh but more defensive skill to make up for it.
    Subtlety single target burst.

Druid
    Resto aoe healing God.
    Boomkin most mobile caster.
    Feral squishy melee with tons of utility.
    Guardian damage sponge and tons of utility.

Shaman
    Resto utility whore.
    Elemental caster enchaner.
    Enhancement basically a melee ehancer.

Priest
    Disc damage prevention
    Shadow dots and steals mana
    Holy jack of all trades can fill any healing role but isn't the that best at anything and has its healing built into things like light well. Spells with limited resources.

Paladins
    Holy highest single target healing spec.
    Ret tanky melee that can damage and heal.
    Protection highest aoe threat and anti-magic tank.

- - - Updated - - -

That server peaks for 12k people simultaneously, which obviously means way bigger playerpool. TBC is least played expansion and tbh probably one of the worst expansions. I do play it a bit at the moment just for the nostalgia and sadly even when the arena is not that great, it's still better than legion arena. That server wasn't free in the beginning - you pretty much had to pay 10e one time. I do agree that people probably wouldn't play TBC if there was subscription.

edit: oh of course there are a lot bots in private servers, which is probably a huge issue as it used to be in retail. I don't know that much because I really don't play that much on private servers. I like retail more.
    Tbc is the second most requested and expansion and do you have a source for nos charging 10e for access?
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-07 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Fair about PVP, but they are at least bringing a lot of utility back for BFA, so that should improve PVP. And, why does every class working mean they aren't unique? That doesn't make any sense, and i've played most specs. Most specs definitely are unique. Classes don't look the same, they have different aesthetics, they don't play the same, they have all different talents, roles. I have no idea what you mean. Please explain.
    The classes don't feel unique, because almost every class has a builder and a spender spell, kick, cc spell, offensive cd, defensive cd and some sort of self heal. These spells look differently but they are the same spells. I had so much fun in MOP and WOD leveling all the classes, gearing them for PVP and learning how to play them. In Legion I can't even force myself to level my favourite classes because they all feel like a same class with different visuals.

OP comes off like one of the hordes of no names making a YouTube video with a click bait title like "Look guys, the Last Jedi Sucks" and then just rambles on about it for 45 minutes, frames opinion as fact, but in the end just made the video because it is the cool thing for a young hipster to do today. Vanilla isn't your WoW, that wasn't your Luke, and no one really gives a shit. No one is forcing you to go to the cinema to watch a movie and no one is forcing you to play classic. To each their own.

I've been playing it on private server a few months ago and had much more fun than last few years on retail. Deal with it.

Here's how to make unique specs:

Frost Mage spells freeze, root, slow casting and attacking speed.
    Fire creates dots that don't tick for damage but explode after fire blast or over time.
    Arcane is pure burst damage spec.

Survival is a man with a pet and a polearm.
    Marksmen no pets just a straight man and nature but wif bow.
    Beast master makes ur pet stronger and has it own unique pet skills that other specs can't access also exotic pets.

Affliction is the dot spec and steals health.
    Destro is the burst damage can sacrifice pet for damage.
    Democ a demon summoner that can have multiple pets.

Warrior arms
    Protection highest single threat make thunderclap, demoralizing shout, and sunder unique to warriors again.
    Fury bleed damage spec.
    Arm high single target burst melee damage spec.

Rogue:
    Assassination poison damage spec and more powerful poison.
    Combat duelist no stealh but more defensive skill to make up for it.
    Subtlety single target burst.

Druid
    Resto aoe healing God.
    Boomkin most mobile caster.
    Feral squishy melee with tons of utility.
    Guardian damage sponge and tons of utility.

Shaman
    Resto utility whore.
    Elemental caster enchaner.
    Enhancement basically a melee ehancer.

Priest
    Disc damage prevention
    Shadow dots and steals mana
    Holy jack of all trades can fill any healing role but isn't the that best at anything and has its healing built into things like light well. Spells with limited resources.

Paladins
    Holy highest single target healing spec.
    Ret tanky melee that can damage and heal.
    Protection highest aoe threat and anti-magic tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbc is the second most requested and expansion and do you have a source for nos charging 10e for access?
    This is the mindset that ruined classes for me in Legion. Every CLASS should feel unique but how the class is played should be determined by me not the SPEC. For instance I loved my two handed build for frost DK in WOD, the frost spec only meant that I will be using frost spells primarily and my gear, talents etc. determined my playstyle (huge obliterate crits).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i will just wait untill realease as its free and that means i dont have to do anything illegal,then form my own opinion as to how it plays after all these years,but i already know as i played wow from beta untill now,im aware there has been many good changes but also alot of poor ones too.
    Who's saying it's free?

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I don't know if I'm completely overestimating the amount of interest in Classic, but I literally don't get it anymore. I was swept up in the atomic hype after the initial announcement, Vanilla was great, lots and lots of flaws but overall a great era for WoW with a very different experience to retail.

Because of said hype, I shuffled onto a private blizzlike server like a naughty little pipsqueak and I pissed myself with excitement.. for about 2 hours (even though I played it for 2 weeks afterwards). The gameplay is just terrible combat wise, it's just some weird, crappy simulator with zero difficulty in playing a class correctly. So many people complain about the game being dumbed down mechanically in retail but truly, madly, deeply, Vanilla is some grade A child-level style of play. Thus consequently, my hype was set ablaze.

If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay then fine, but are there any of you people who are hyped but haven't actually played it in years and just remember the good times? I urge you to get up to some mischief and realise how boring it is, and save yourself from the disappointment of when it does actually get released in 2046, rather than let your hopes and dreams straggle along into the depths of Xavius' left tit.

As the wise White Wizard once doth proclaimed, "Harken to me!!!"
    It'll be a shit-fest of today's gamer's, vet players, and the fan base of x,y,z streamers who swear classic was the best game ever made. Just trying to recapture that new and shiny awesomeness that WoW used to be for your first mmorpg, or coming from one that was extremely dated was an experience that you'll never get back. When everyone was new the community was much more tolerable, but those days are long gone, and the toxicity levels will be at an all new high.

It won't last long, and people will be demanding F2P ect..
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    I paid it myself. Source for tbc being 2nd most requested? I know that a lot private server scene requested for TBC, because before this one there wasn't any good tbc servers around. WoTLK servers are the best, because they have been developed longest and there are a lot wotlk servers, so people don't request it that much. Also based on how fast tbc servers die, I think it's safe to assume that TBC is worse than vanilla or wotlk.

Your idea how classes should work is actually quite like how they work in vanilla. It's a way more advanced because vanilla is old and simplistic, you have got your ideas from later iteration of classes and some of them are quite complex. Also you don't have specializations in vanilla, so your play style is more limited on your class base mechanics. So I think some of your ideas are not viable for vanilla style, because you would have to make a lot talents which would change how your skills work. In vanilla you are not prevented from casting frost spells as fire mage, they are just a lot weaker and inefficient.
    Last edited by mmoc54cd893078; 2018-01-07 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    If you enjoy this monotonous gameplay
    As opposed to the thrill that is LFR in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Private servers usually provide a nerfed down gaming experience even if they claim to be 100% blizzlike.

But anyway, even the shittiest private server tastes better than the crap they try to feed us in retail servers.
    ex players shouldn't be able to post on stuff they know nothing about. Especially when they try to compare private servers that do not even work as advertised against the smoothest WoW experience available. It just makes you look stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    OP comes off like one of the hordes of no names making a YouTube video with a click bait title like "Look guys, the Last Jedi Sucks" and then just rambles on about it for 45 minutes, frames opinion as fact, but in the end just made the video because it is the cool thing for a young hipster to do today. Vanilla isn't your WoW, that wasn't your Luke, and no one really gives a shit. No one is forcing you to go to the cinema to watch a movie and no one is forcing you to play classic. To each their own.
    Bingo.

Vanilla isn't for everybody, I don't think anybody has claimed that. You're free to enjoy 2018 WoW if that's the kind of game you like. Some of us prefer Vanilla

Great comment, add it to the thousands of others saying the exact same. I'm trying to get people who are hyped about the game who played it way back when and haven't dabbled in the dark arts of illegality to perhaps not get so hyped to avoid disappointment. I was so hyped, dabbled, now deflated because the chasm of combat gameplay between Vanilla and retail is incomparable.

I was hyped precisely because I played Vanilla, and despite always remembering the flaws, the rose-tinted batty glasses had actually seeped through my eyeballs and into my skull.
    There are millions of people that think WoW Classic is pure shit. Imagine every one of those "trying to blabla" by creating a new thread here. MMO-Champions would start asking for donations to buy tons of storage. There's nothing to "warn", most people that want vanilla have played it pretty recently on the countless private server iterations. What they want now it's something official and more genuine than a random emulation.

Also vanilla is not "crap", that is just a word that you SUBJECTIVELY use to express YOUR OWN fucking opinion. It's just a different game than the current WoW, which is also not crap, but fuck me, it's very hard to understand that countless people might have different preferences. "Oh, I need to warn people about crapness". How about get a life? Play what you like and stfu

I mean you could say the same for BfA, but I don't see why anyone would make a post about trying to prevent people from playing BfA.
    It will affect the main game in a negative way. Makes sense to make posts like this if you enjoy WoW at all.